Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,144 members, 7,849,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:42 AM

What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship (1508 Views)

Nairaland Guys Think With Their Joysticks! See Pics! / Pic: What Do You Guys Think About This Lady? / Why Do Nigerian Guys Think Short Girls Are Easier To Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by heather(f): 9:28pm On Jun 15, 2009
it looks like it is the order of the day now
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by justwise(m): 9:49pm On Jun 15, 2009
Yes online rela/ship is very common now, is the age we live in now, it works for some pple and for others, its a nightmare. I have done it, met quiet alot of pple. Some lasted, some did not. It all depends on who u met.

U can't lie online and get away with it for long, the rela/ship moves faster than the conversional one.

It gives u the opportunity to ask as many question as posible within very short time.

There are alot of advantages of online rela/ships, though some pple will disagree with me
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by iice(f): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2009
Works for some, doesn't for others.

Personally. . .hell no
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by horlahmie(f): 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2009
my cousin once told me abt the guy she met on the internet. thats was wayback 2007, they never shared their pix and they were just flowing on the fone. i just told her "what if this guy has a haunch back? what will you do?" she just told me she "anytime he is going to come around, i will flash him while i am far away to know his physique".

i later told her no shakes. In the long run guess what? the guy was EXTRAORDINARY UGLY wiv 11moustache, LOL!!!
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by justwise(m): 3:12pm On Jun 16, 2009
horlahmie:

my cousin once told me abt the guy she met on the internet. thats was wayback 2007, they never shared their pix and they were just flowing on the fone. i just told her "what if this guy has a haunch back? what will you do?" she just told me she "anytime he is going to come around, i will flash him while i am far away to know his physique".

i later told her no shakes. In the long run guess what? the guy was EXTRAORDINARY UGLY wiv 11moustache, LOL!!!

That was careless on her part. They should have exchanged pics, even see each other on webcam, just to be sure b4 meeting. Never meet somebody u never saw his/her pic, seen live on cam. If u do then, u need to get ur head checked.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:13pm On Jun 16, 2009
Been there, done that and the conclusion is I think I'll stick to dudes off the web. . . cool

yea some peeps get lucky and all that but Personally I wouldn't advice anyone to look for love online. . .I mean are dudes/ladies around you extinct that you resort to looking for love on the internet?  undecided Except your. . . . .  grin  grin   lipsrsealed. .you know. . .and so your last resort is the internet.

I just feel. . .Internet relationships are kinda of make believe, it doesn't give you a good opportunity to really get to know the individual your dealing with, their flaws, strength and other characteristics. . .So internet is a NO NO!
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by tboy1(m): 3:15pm On Jun 16, 2009
nice
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by justwise(m): 3:23pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ThoniaSlim,

Its all the same, no matter where u meet somebody, cheatting will still go on, Internet is just another way of meeting pple, just as meeting in church or club. It will finally come down to who the person is. For the fact that u met him online doesn't nt mean u going to have virtual rela/ship.

U will finally meet up and make up ur mind.

Pple u met online are not monsters or spirit. They are the same pple u might meet in church or suppermarket,

1 Like

Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:25pm On Jun 16, 2009
justwise:

@ThoniaSlim,

I[b]ts all the same, no matter where u meet somebody, cheatting will still go on, Internet is just another way of meeting pple, just as meeting in church or club. It will finally come down to who the person is. For the fact that u met him online doesn't nt mean u going to have virtual rela/ship.[/b]

U will finally meet up and make up ur mind.

Pple u met online are not monsters or spirit. They are the same pple u might meet in church or suppermarket,

Yea rite. . .But I think I'm still gonna go with meeting the person in reality than off some website. . .  undecided
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by justwise(m): 3:28pm On Jun 16, 2009
@ThoniaSlim.

Sure thats another way of meeting too. that doesn't make it the best way or the worst
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by spikedcylinder: 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

yea some peeps get lucky and all that but Personally I wouldn't advice anyone to look for love online. . .I mean are dudes/ladies around you extinct that you resort to looking for love on the internet?  undecided Except your. . . . .  grin  grin   lipsrsealed. .you know. . .and so your last resort is the internet.

Seriously?
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by sinceerr: 3:33pm On Jun 16, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Yea rite. . .But I think I'm still gonna go with meeting the person in reality that off some website. . . undecided
i agree, i dont really believe in this online dating thing. Works for some. Not for many.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by heather(f): 3:36pm On Jun 16, 2009
SERIOUSLY I JUST THINK IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE U MEET THE PERSON. IT IS THE PERSONALITY THAT REALLY MATTERS. MY FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED WITH THE PERSON SHE MET ON FACEBOOK. IT WORKS SOMETIMES
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
sinceerr:

i agree, i dont really believe in this online dating thing. Works for some. Not for many.

It must NOT work for everybody. Its just another way of meeting somebody, probably faster.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by justwise(m): 3:45pm On Jun 16, 2009
heather:

SERIOUSLY I JUST THINK IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE U MEET THE PERSON. IT IS THE PERSONALITY THAT REALLY MATTERS. MY FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED WITH THE PERSON SHE MET ON FACEBOOK. IT WORKS SOMETIMES

My point exactly!
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Seriously?

Seriously What?
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by hardberry(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Been there, done that and the conclusion is I think I'll stick to dudes off the web. . . cool

I just feel. . .Internet relationships are kinda of make believe, it doesn't give you a good opportunity to really get to know the individual your dealing with, their flaws, strength and other characteristics. . .So internet is a NO NO!

thonia where re you from ? Im in nigeria, i have met a few nice ladies from the internet and they are my friend/ dating someone from the internet .she is not ugly . Not broke , very cute and loving , so why do you say the internet isnt a cool place to met people. we could met then u would know they are nice people on the internet. most people i have met on the internet are nice . even more than people i met in person . so rethink my dear .
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2009
Good for you. . .nice speech there. . .but am certain you understand that people have different opinions and are also entitled to these opinions!   cool
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by Uche2nna(m): 4:02pm On Jun 16, 2009
A little bit of caution would go a long way in easing most of the concerns of internet dating. I have not met or dated anyone off the net but I seriously dont see any difference between that and the girls I have met and dated from school, church or even the club. Peeps who are in the habit of lying are still gonna lie and it does not matter where U meet them.

My only concern is for people who meet and date off forums like NL where it seems everybody knows everybody's shit (How the hell that happens I have no idea!!!  undecided). Then if a relationship hits the rocks just like most relationship do, all hell is let loose on the forum.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by Omolola1(f): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with it,

Some are lucky and some are not
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by spikedcylinder: 12:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Seriously What?

I'll quote you again:

ThoniaSlim:

When you were "being there and doing that", did it mean dudes around you were extinct and you were . . .  grin grin lipsrsealed. . . . you know. Plus, your last resort was the internet?
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by Busybody2(f): 12:35pm On Jun 17, 2009
^^^ Touche lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by IFELEKE(m): 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
I call it Internet Flinging, It doesn't go beyond that.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by REALTRUTH1: 1:08pm On Jun 17, 2009
Nigerians,,too backward;though not all,,,Meeting online can be so good cos its give you the opportunity to have a universal option as to what you are looking for: Haven't you guys heard of e-Harmony?,,,its a single christian website and hundreds of million of million of people re already signed up there,,,everyday,,more than 230 marriages are contracted from e-harmony,,,,I know friends in Nigeria,Canada,Ghana and USA that got their spouses from the site.
The sad thing is that,,Nigeria has been deleted from the site,,,its real and its working,,,U would meet responsible,serious minded and ready to be married people in their,,,,
U know what,am signing up for my friend in Nigeria,,its easier to see and meet good girls who are preapred mentally,spiritually and otherwise on the site.It affords you to meet better girls/guys that you meet on a daily basis on the street,,,My advice is you must be educated and be a good christian for this site,,,like I said,,unfortunately,,Nigeria has been deleted or restricted from this site.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by JJYOU: 1:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
REAL TRUTH:

Nigerians,,too backward;though not all,,,Meeting online can be so good cos its give you the opportunity to have a universal option as to what you are looking for: Haven't you guys heard of e-Harmony?,,,its a single christian website and hundreds of million of million of people re already signed up there,,,everyday,,more than 230 marriages are contracted from e-harmony,,,,I know friends in Nigeria,Canada,Ghana and USA that got their spouses from the site.
The sad thing is that,,Nigeria has been deleted from the site,,,its real and its working,,,U would meet responsible,serious minded and ready to be married people in their,,,,
U know what,am signing up for my friend in Nigeria,,its easier to see and meet good girls who are preapred mentally,spiritually and otherwise on the site.It affords you to meet better girls/guys that you meet on a daily basis on the street,,,My advice is you must be educated and be a good christian for this site,,,like I said,,unfortunately,,Nigeria has been deleted or restricted from this site.
trust our people to spoil every good thing with their greed. no pay pal, no this no that. nigeria with our high level of education would have benefited from the out sourcing but for the high level of fraud and bad name
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by REALTRUTH1: 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
JJYOU:

trust our people to spoil every good thing with their greed. no pay pal, no this no that. nigeria with our high level of education would have benefited from the out sourcing but for the high level of fraud and bad name
You are very correct,,we miss out on almost every good thing,,some people took the advantage to spoil other people with genuine intention to benefit from this,,but the easiest way now is that for those in Naija who re sincere and has a relative or friends here,,such friends or relative can sign up for them here and be upfront about their profiles,,
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I'll quote you again:

When you were "being there and doing that", did it mean dudes around you were extinct and you were . . .  grin grin lipsrsealed. . . . you know. Plus, your last resort was the internet?

Like I said before. . .You do not look for a serious relationship on the internet. . .Get It?

So whatever internet thingie was going on. . .was just a flingie to while away time! cool

Trust me the internet would neva be my last resort. . .cus I got enough admirers around me to feel that bridge! wink
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by steve49ja(m): 3:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
All i would say is:
Have an open mind

You get to know some people online and like them, there are peeps you chat with that has the ability to make you smile when you's sad, It doesnt really matter where you guys meet but what i believe is If a guy/girl can love you (stay away from others) without seeing you in person (could have seen millions of pics) then believe that Love is for real.

Anywhere,Anytime. . . What pleases your heart you go with.
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by spikedcylinder: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

Like I said before. . .You do not look for a serious relationship on the internet. . .Get It?

So whatever internet thingie was going on. . .was just a flingie to while away time!  cool

Trust me the internet would neva be my last resort. . .cus I got enough admirers around me to feel that bridge!  wink

Sure.
Maybe thats what it was for you. . . . being flung. However, there are a lot of people that have developed sincere friendships, relationships and even marriage from the internet.

If its not your thing, fine and fair enough but there's also no need to interject your beliefs with all that "dudes around you must be extinct/internet is your last resort" krapola. wink Afterall, it speaks against your person (and so called beliefs) if you can't even find people around you to "be there and do that" with. wink
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Sure.
Maybe thats what it was for you. . . being flung. . .However, there are a lot of people that have developed sincere friendships, relationships and even marriage from the internet

If its not your thing, fine and fair enough but there's also no need to interject your beliefs with all that "dudes around you must be extinct/internet is your last resort" krapola. wink

Lmao. . . grin grin grin. . .don't they just wish it were the case. grin. . .

Well good for those who have found love through the internet. . . grin

But I still stick to my views. wink
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by spikedcylinder: 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2009
ThoniaSlim:

But I still stick to my views.  wink

spikedcylinder:

If its not your thing, fine and fair enough but there's also no need to interject your beliefs with all that "dudes around you must be extinct/internet is your last resort" krapola. wink

wink tongue
Re: What Do U Guys Think About Internet Relationship by merge(f): 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2009
I don't see anything wrong with it. If both ends are honest and have genuine interest, then it can work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can I Marry Him N Start Living In 9ja? / Would You Marry A Virgin / South African Experience Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.