Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? (6789 Views)

Lady Who Said "I Can't Marry Man That Earns N100k Monthly" Caught Begging N50k / She Said She Can't Marry Me, But Now, She Wants Me To Marry Her, Help / Do You Have A Breakup Plan? When You’re Dating Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by davidmark4naija: 7:13pm On Jan 05, 2016
Wots wrong with dating someone you cant marry?

Wots wrong with dating someone you know you won't marry?

Wots wrong with dating someone with no future plans in mind?

Wots wrong with continuing to date someone after you realise you guys just cant have a future togeda?

Anytin wrong with any of the above?
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2016
It is wrong because you end shattering that person emotionally and whatnot if you later call it off.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by SUPERPACK: 7:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
all is wrong
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 05, 2016
hmmm nothing wrong abt it
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Tanyogo(m): 7:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
Everything is wrong with it.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by perkynoble(f): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2016
Op what's wrong with making a cup of tea that you won't drink

5 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by obiorathesubtle: 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
Nothing.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by raayah(f): 7:23pm On Jan 05, 2016
You will be wasting both your time and your partner's time.

Wasted emotional and financial resources.

Don't date someone you don't want to marry

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by dollyjoy(f): 7:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
Questions like these make me wonder the kinda peepz in the romance section of nairaland.

Like,wft,it just like asking what is wrong with going to church when you are just a bench warmer.

Simple,you are simply wasting your time,energy and money.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Many things

Typing...
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by LouisBERG: 7:26pm On Jan 05, 2016
In psquare's voice *no start wetin you no go fit to finish* dude i see such act as FUN that is been practiced by teenagers. You can't expect a full grown man to start a relationship without a future benefits on the long run. My take on this is that you should be open to her and also initiate that the "RELATIONSHIP"(i dont even see it as a relationship i see it as fun) will never metamorphose into something that will be worthwhile in the future inorder to avoid heart breaks... Tread carefully, some gals would not take it likely with you if at all they thought the relationship would be heading somewhere initially.
#caLLmeBERG
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
It depends on your agreement from the beginning. Did you both talk about a possible future together? What were your promises to each other? Dating just for the Benefits abi dating for a season?

If you carry yourself to me and promise me heaven and earth, you later carry your yeye leg to walk away, I'd definitely be hurt. I fit shuk you knife sef angry
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ibeere

Google will help you out undecided
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2016
perkynoble:
nothing wrong with it, u have enough cash to waste dats why.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by davidmark4naija: 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
perkynoble:

Maybe I lost my appetite for tea and desired a plate of eba instead.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 05, 2016
Honestly? Not everyone dates with the sole purpose of marriage...Some people tend to see beyond that.

Dating is as much about learning what you need and want, and how you need to grow and change, as it is about finding the "right" person...

So, I honestly do not see the Rush...I could actually date someone i have No intention of marrying..it's all about exploring!smiley

4 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by davidmark4naija: 7:37pm On Jan 05, 2016
EverLily:
It depends on your agreement from the beginning. Did you both talk about a possible future together? What were your promises to each other? Dating just for the Benefits abi dating for a season?

If you carry yourself to me and promise me heaven and earth, you later carry your yeye leg to walk away, I'd definitely be hurt. I fit shuk you knife sef angry

Wot if der was no marriage promise?

Are you saying dat a man has no right to end a relationship even for silly reasons?
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by davidmark4naija: 7:39pm On Jan 05, 2016
Estharfabian:
Honestly? Not everyone dates with the sole purpose of marriage...Some people tend to see beyond that.

Dating is as much about learning what you need and want, and how you need to grow and change, as it is about finding the "right" person...

So, I honestly do not see the Rush...I could actually date someone i have No intention of marrying..it's all about exploring!smiley

Finally! Someone is seeing things differently.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
davidmark4naija:

smileywink
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
davidmark4naija:

Wot if der was no marriage promise?

Are you saying dat a man has no right to end a relationship even for silly reasons?
Silly reasons? Seriously?
When I date someone, I tend to give it my all. If we never agreed on a future together, it's fine. If he breaks up for just any reason, then that's very insensitive and he should remember that karma is gonna catch up with him.

Like I said earlier, I will shuk him knife angry
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Topestbilly(m): 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
u ar wasting ur partner time cos u hv oda plans for urself but she thinks u having plans for ur relationship.

that's wickedness.... find someone who share ur causal relationship view not someone who sees u as husband.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 05, 2016
davidmark4naija:

That is the comment you've been wanting to read shebi. You wan break up with that sister after everything ehn and you want us to help you justify abi?
Continu

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by davidmark4naija: 8:03pm On Jan 05, 2016
EverLily:

Silly reasons? Seriously?
When I date someone, I tend to give it my all. If we never agreed on a future together, it's fine. If he breaks up for just any reason, then that's very insensitive and he should remember that karma is gonna catch up with him.

Like I said earlier, I will shuk him knife angry

U dont get it at all.

I was gisting with a friend and she was complaining dat her bf left him "after everything". All she wanted was for me to join her and condemn the act. How do you guys even define dis "after everything" sef?

But I saw it differently. Anybody has the right to change his mind. I think the only time anybody looses his right to walk out of any relationship just like dat, is when both parties are legally married. Even at dat der is a process called divorce.

I think our problem is we attach so much importance to "dating-relationships" like there is a constitution dat it MUST be permanent.

Pls is there any law like dat?

About karma, wot abt all the female gold-diggers? Wot does karma do to them? The ladies dat aborted dia babies severally and still got pregnant several times afta and gave birth to lovely kids for their ignorant husband, wot did karma do to them?

Der is nothing like karma in dis regard my dear, cos its not within her jurisdictionwink
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by davidmark4naija: 8:05pm On Jan 05, 2016
Topestbilly:
u ar wasting ur partner time cos u hv oda plans for urself but she thinks u having plans for ur relationship.

that's wickedness.... find someone who share ur causal relationship view not someone who sees u as husband.

Now dats a very correct statement. But wot happens when u stop seeing her as a potential wife and she still sees you as a potential husband?
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by 6fit(f): 8:06pm On Jan 05, 2016
Must every R/ship lead to marriage? If d two adults involve decides to date just for d purpose of fvcking each other, dont think it wrong
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2016
davidmark4naija:

U dont get it at all.

I was gisting with a friend and she was complaining dat her bf left him "after everything". All she wanted was for me to join her and condemn the act. How do you guys even define dis "after everything" sef?

But I saw it differently. Anybody has the right to change his mind. I think the only time anybody looses his right to walk out of any relationship just like dat, is when both parties are legally married. Even at dat der is a process called divorce.

I think our problem is we attach so much importance to "dating-relationships" like there is a constitution dat it MUST be permanent.

Pls is there any law like dat?

About karma, wot abt all the female gold-diggers? Wot does karma do to them? The ladies dat aborted dia babies severally and still got pregnant several times afta and gave birth to lovely kids for their ignorant husband, wot did karma do to them?

Der is nothing like karma in dis regard my dear, cos its not within her jurisdictionwink
Okay, people are different. I am different. It's okay to walk away when you aint feeling the relationship or when you have a concrete reason. You talked about breaking up for a silly reason and I said and still mantain that I will shuk him knife wink I don't just go into a relationship with the mindset of exploring alone. Yes, I want to learn but for me to even agree to be with you over time, I would want something more. Breaking up must be on a solid reason and not because he has a cough and cannot continue the relationship.

If I don't see a future with someone, I'd make it clear, everything mutual. I won't waste the person's time and hurt that person at the end. That's selfish and wicked.

I still believe in Karma. If the person asks for God's forgiveness genuinely, I think all is forgiven. Afterall, what you sow, you must reap smiley
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by ireneony(f): 8:21pm On Jan 05, 2016
i see nothing wrong in it
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Topestbilly(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2016
davidmark4naija:

Now dats a very correct statement. But wot happens when u stop seeing her as a potential wife and she still sees you as a potential husband?

Tell her d situation at hand so she knows where she belongs b4 things get out of hands worse.
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2016
davidmark4naija:
Wots wrong with dating someone you cant marry?

Wots wrong with dating someone you know you won't marry?

Wots wrong with dating someone with no future plans in mind?

Wots wrong with continuing to date someone after you realise you guys just cant have a future togeda?

Anytin wrong with any of the above?

There's a lot of things wrong with your above qstns. Now let's say the couple in question are young and are just trying to have a good time, enjoy the perks of being in a relationship with no future envisaged (typical of most relationships you see on campus between undergrads). The relationship is great because there are no undue expectations or pressures from any corner...until one of the partner starts to catch feelings (Flavour-oyi na tum) and starts demanding more. (Dbanj-Oliver Twist) that's when things start to go really wrong with an erstwhile perfect relationship. They no longer want the same things so obviously one person will start to feel used and at the end of the day, whichever partner wants to leave the relationship(usually the lady) will start saying 'hello from the other side'
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Estharfabian:

Dora the explorer
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by ShakurM(m): 8:52pm On Jan 05, 2016
perkynoble:
I don't buy your analogy, comparing cup of tea to human?
Re: What's Wrong With Dating Someone You Can't Marry? by grad2012(f): 8:57pm On Jan 05, 2016
Its like wasting your luv,time,energy and resourses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Beautiful/cutest Guy/gal On Romance Land.... Ur Choice. / Is 40k Too Much For My 21yrs Old Virgin Girl Friend For Christmas? / When You Gf Tells You No Sex Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.