Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,059 members, 7,838,692 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. (637 Views)

Monkeypox: DHQ Breaks Silence On Allegations Against Nigerian Military / Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha / See How Buhari Reacted 2 Allegations He's Using UK Aid 2 Fight His Opponents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. by talk2smat(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
A former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode, has dissociated himself from funds allegedly diverted by the erstwhile National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, saying his linkage with N1.7billion transfers is false. In a statement made available to PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday, the former Director of Publicity for the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign Organisation said he was neither given N1.7billion by Mr. Jonathan nor Mr. Dasuki. “I have never received one kobo from President Jonathan himself, Colonel Dasuki or any other member of President Jonathan’s government,” he said. ” I have not ever been in receipt of any public funds and neither was I the beneficiary of any payments in cash, transfer, cheque or otherwise from any government official during the tenure of President Jonathan. “As Director of Media and Publicity of the Jonathan/Sambo Campaign organisation I received money on behalf of the Directorate of Media and Publicity which I headed from private individuals and companies during the election campaigns but these were not public funds but rather private contributions specifically for the Presidential and other campaigns.

“Such moneys were transfered into my account by the Director of Finance of the Presidential Campaign Organisation and that account was specifically set up for the purpose of running the publicity and media aspect of the campaign for the whole country and my Directorate. ” Mr. Fani-Kayode further explained that the “private individuals” and companies paid their contributions into a designated account which was provided and controlled by the Director of Finance and that from there, she transferred it to the accounts of the various directors and individuals that ran for public offices that the PCO supported.

“The money that was sent to me for my Directorate by the Director of Finance was used in a lawful and responsible manner and by the time the campaigns were over my Directorate had paid all of its bills for services rendered and was not owing any media house or anyone else one kobo,” he said. According to Mr. Fani-Kayode, President Jonathan, the D-G of the PCO, the Auditor of the PCO, the Advisor to the PCO and the Director of Finance of the PCO received reports and saw the results of the efforts of his Directorate and expressed their satisfaction and commendations. He noted that even though his party ended up losing the election, the PCO ran a strong and virile campaigns, stating that the encounter with the APC was an epic one and probably the most active and gruelling electoral battle in the history of Nigeria.

“Not one kobo of public funds was spent by or given to my Directorate during the campaign and as far as I am aware not one kobo of public funds was spent by or given to the PCO,” he said. “Presidential campains all over the world cost huge amounts of money and Nigeria is no different. This is especially so when it comes to publicity and media. My Directorate was difficult to run and our work was capital intensive. We did not use marshmellows, pebbles and grass to pay for all the services rendered to us and all the television and newspaper adverts were fully paid for with money.” Mr. Fani-Kayode asserted that nothing was done or given to his campaign organisation free of charge, as such it was not surprising as the APC and President Buhari’s campaign organisation did the same. “I opened an account specifically for the funds that were used to run my Directorate and fund all our activities in order to ensure accountability and transparency,” he said.

“We also audited our accounts regularly and insisted on the highest level of professionalism from all those that worked for or with us.
“Since when such matters have become a crime or subjects of criminal investigations I dont know. If it was a crime to speak up for Jonathan during the campaign they should just say so. "If it is a crime to be a member of the PDP and to be in opposition they should just say so. If it is a crime to speak up for and defend President Jonathan and key members of his government after he has left office they should just say so. “If it is a crime to oppose the Buhari administration and speak up against his gross violations of human rights that they are indulging in and the violation of court orders they should just say so.”

Mr. Fani-Kayode noted that during the 2015 elections, the PCO and its Directorate on Media and Publicity spoke up and campaigned for many PDP members who were running for public offices and were funded too. He said he was aware of the attempt by the government and his “enemies” to discredit and smear his name and silence him by alleging that he was involved in wrongdoing. “I know that this government is capable of doing anything, of inducing anyone to say anything and that they have no sense of decency, justice or fair play,” he said. “They are prepared to charge anyone just for breathing the air if needs be and they can attempt to frame up anyone that they believe is a thorn in their flesh.”

Mr. Fani-Kayode said he would neither run away nor be silenced or cowered, expressing confidence that his innocence would fight for him.
“Though I have been warned and told over and over again by those amongst them who care for my wellbeing that I have been listed down and targeted for persecution, I am not in the least bit concerned about their evil plans for me,” he said. ” My life and destiny is in the hands of God and not theirs and He will fight for me and vindicate me.
“As I have always said, the night may be dark but joy comes in the morning. If it was a crime to use monies that were freely donated by private individuals from lawful and legitimate sources to fund the Presidential and other campaigns let them say so.

“No election campaign anywhere in the world, including that of President Buhari was run with just words, goodwill, grass and pebbles and neither were we given free campaign adverts or air time. All these things were run and paid for with large sums of money. ” I repeat, there is nothing that we did in the campaign organisation or that my Directorate did that Lai Mohammed, Buhari and the APC did not do in theirs. As a matter of fact they spent far more than we did but I have no idea where they got their money and whether they were private or public funds. “Most importantly my Directorate and, as far as I am aware, the Jonathan Sambo Presidential Campaign Organisation did not receive any public funds from any government official or office to run our campaign. “Of this I am absolutely sure and I am very confident because I made a point of asking and insisting that this must be so. These are the facts and I eagerly await my accusers, persecutors and detractors.”

Mr. Fani-Kayode-Kayode said he would continue to live his life in peace and not be intimidated by the “boastful threats of the enemy” and would remain law-abiding.
“This has happened on a number of occasions and sadly they use such mediums to tell all manner of lies about the case and the accused to the public. By the time they finish they would have convicted their victim in a vicious smear campaign and media trial which is usually plagued and fuelled by lies and falsehood,” he added.
“It is for this reason that I have taken this opportunity, whilst I am still at liberty, to tell the Nigerian people the truth and let them have all the facts.
“I sincerely hope that my statement will help to clarify matters in the eyes of the public regardless of whatever lies that they will soon be inundated with by a desperate, weak and wicked government. I fear them not because my life is in God’s hands. God bless Nigeria.”

Credit: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196272-fani-kayode-speaks-up-on-allegations-he-got-n1-7billion-from-dasuki-says-i-wont-run-away.html

Re: Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. by dotcomnamename: 1:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Re: Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. by yemmynoni: 1:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
Ffk might talk like a fool and behave like a fool, don't let that fool you he is really a fool

1 Like

Re: Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. by Coolguy89(m): 1:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
Arrest dat barawo
Re: Fani-kayode Speaks Up On Allegations He Got N1.7billion From Dasuki. by dazdilijae(m): 5:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
Coolguy89:
Arrest dat barawo

Arrest him for what reason? Being a media director to a campaign? Or because he is PDP? I ve said this time and again the earlier we stand up to media trials the safer our nationhood would be, as it is this 2.1B yam is beclouding proper reasoning of the citizens and I wonder if they. Didn't do simple maths cos if you add up all the different sums of monies to all mentioned it's way above the Dasukigate so where is the balance coming from? 1. 7b to FFK, 50M 2 dis 300M to PMB, 1.2B to dat na Wao
Let's see this for what it truly is a means to turn Nigeria to a One Party state.
We really have to pray and be watchful as we are in for dark times.
God help Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA: God Works In Mysterious Ways / APC Gubernatorial Candidate In Bayelsa, Timpreye Sylva Heads To The Tribunal / Parents Of Chibok Girls Are Now Marching To Presidential Villa In Abuja To Prote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.