Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,920 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market (3227 Views)

Amaka Osakwe Blasts Ambode "For Demolishing Her Shop Without Notice" / Demolished Oshodi Main Market Aftermath / Fayose Paying Compensation Before Demolishing Illegal Structures (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by mikolo80: 7:16am On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorp:
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

yes she does yes she does

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there seem to exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

and you don't know where to buy fire extinguisher ba or pay security guard or get security cameras ko
OK now

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

if you had security (bakassi boys,) nobody will mess with you, I trust my kaduna Ibo brothers

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

you're a bastardy for making this unfounded allegation (why would we burn down our only source of spare parts and IT stuff) not to talk of passive revenue

They hide under the guise of city development at the expense of the people's welfare and claim they had given the traders ample time to relocate and yet the demolition is carried out at odd times. Even the proposed alternative shops are exorbitant and out of reach by the common man.

so you're happy with the ghetto like markets

https://www.nairaland.com/2618835/hoodlums-shut-down-alaba-international

https://www.nairaland.com/2846885/tears-lagos-demolishes-oshodi-market

https://www.nairaland.com/2847088/photos-oshodi-electronic-market-demolished

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

who was controlling Nigerian police force for part 8 years from okIRo to Jonathan

What does 'One Nigeria' mean?
A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil
(it's not yours it's ours (or Niger delta)

besides you got your state allocation and 7 ministers like everybody else and themajority of civil service for that matter so stop whining
it's irritating
you're not a woman

and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

una gree sell land to non indigene east, abegi mowu hia word

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

I just de hear dis one o

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes.

na only you de pay d tax
na wa o
you can always move to ekiti where ties is no tax na. no be by force to stay Lagos na

You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

either be docile or go back to your village
brigandage will not be tolerated

Now, do you have any case for unity - fake or imaginary?

plenty, your girls
my guys from that side
your food variety

If you have there would no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Is it a crime for any person/group to choose to opt out of a relationship?

yes unless there is adultery

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

we all loot the same
nothing irreconcilable about that

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 

yep and Nigeria's time has not yet finished while biafra time never reach (until oyel moni finish)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by cjeriia: 7:36am On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorp:
“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

In Lagos under 'One Nigeria' there seem to exist a silent economic war of destruction of livelihood, burning of markets in the middle of the night, extortion and harassment of genuine businesses by official area boys and street urchins, illegal/multiple taxing of business owners, in markets where Igbos operate e.g. Tejuoso, Alaba International and Ladipo. And now Oshodi electrical & electronic market.

Many of these attracious deeds are conducted at odd times when the traders won't be available to resist the dastardly acts.

Over the decades in the South-West, the Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops as a guise to hijacking the markets from Igbos.

They hide under the guise of city development at the expense of the people's welfare and claim they had given the traders ample time to relocate and yet the demolition is carried out at odd times. Even the proposed alternative shops are exorbitant and out of reach by the common man.

Prior to the 2015 general elections, amidst the threat by the lagoon crooner to drown Igbos, 18 Chisco transport buses were criminally burnt down in Lagos and up till date nothing was done to bring the culprits to book.

A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is a chaotic situation where the Oba of a place would invite the representative of a people for discussion in his palace as regards a market leadership dispute only to set an ambush for him and unleash hundreds of thugs to flog and disgrace him.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

If you have there would no need fooling and playing to the gallery and shouting 'One Nigeria'. Or have you ever heard 'One Great Britain', 'One United States of America', 'One Germany'?
That shows that something is fundamentally wrong which many have been shying away from.

Strange bedfellows, with irreconcilable value systems that are at best suitable for the individual selves, are not meant to be together! The 102 years of existence attest to that verdict!

Victor Hugo once said "no army can stop an idea whose time has come" and that "one can resist the invasion of armies but not the invasion of ideas". 

The stupidity of my Igbo brothers. My advice to them, simply move your business' to the east. These demolitions occur at regular intervals but my Igbo brothers will never learn.
Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by Super1Star: 7:48am On Jan 07, 2016
cjeriia:
The stupidity of my Igbo brothers. My advice to them, simply move your business' to the east. These demolitions occur at regular intervals but my Igbo brothers will never learn.

Then, you should realise that there is something thick that is keeping them Inn Lagos that they CAN NEVER get in alaigbo.

1 Like

Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by xtrorp: 8:19am On Jan 07, 2016
Super1Star:
Then, you should realise that there is something thick that is keeping them Inn Lagos that they CAN NEVER get in alaigbo.

You used 'CAN NEVER' because it has been your grand plan to continue to ensure your callous, lopsided citing of federal infrastructures and investments in the SE.

For over 45 years the plan by the government to rehabilitate and reconstruct the Eastern region via Gowon’s 3Rs was diverted to Lagos, Abuja nd other regions for deliberate and obvious reasons.

But that has not made you lots fare any better than the Igbos despite your numerous, unbridled treasury looting of the commonwealth. The Igbos pride themselves as having the highest concentration of middle-class citizens while squalor and penury pervade your enclaves.

1 Like

Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by VANHELLSING: 8:20am On Jan 07, 2016
xtrorp:

A deceit where you are empowered to share my crude oil and wealth as 'One Nigeria' while I am considered a migrant to your State whom you're just merely accommodating and may perish in the lagoon at your command.

It is an unjust situation where you're licensed to use foul means to destroy my business in your State with outrageous taxes. You can close my business premises at will while your elites continue to shout 'One Nigeria' to cover up the evils and injustices prevalent in the land. And you still expect me to be docile and continue to suffer silently as your hate and envy for my progress soar high.

Nice input. The sad thing is that the matter is in court and there's court order baring the lagos government from destroying the market, but lag defy the court order by pulling down the market with goods inside it,quite sad and wicked.
I could remember, during fasholas era he tried to demolish the the market twice but was stopped by court and federal government led by GEJ, who told him that the piece of land in which the said market is built is federal government own,hence he should steer clear. Today we are in the era, were court injections are defied with impunity and reckless abandon.

One Nigeria is a deceit and any igbo that believes it is deluded.

2 Likes

Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by Nobody: 9:21am On Jan 07, 2016
Lanretoye:
Shay lagos is no man's land now?...na so dem take mouth push nnamdi kanu for cell with biafra bullshii, and all of them turn back.

is south south's oil Nigeria's or for SS only?
Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by gigabyte13: 9:22am On Jan 07, 2016
Eledan:

That is for the Biafran villagers
They were warned not to dabble into Yoruba politics, but the fool like Ifranyi Uba was pushing them into economic woes.

dog wey go lost no go hear hunter whistle. 4give them,they are slow learners. It will take them another century to get sense

1 Like

Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by Eledan: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2016
mikolo80:

yes she does yes she does

and you don't know where to buy fire extinguisher ba or pay security guard or get security cameras ko
OK now

if you had security (bakassi boys,) nobody will mess with you, I trust my kaduna Ibo brothers

you're a bastardy for making this unfounded allegation (why would we burn down our only source of spare parts and IT stuff) not to talk of passive revenue

so you're happy with the ghetto like markets

who was controlling Nigerian police force for part 8 years from okIRo to Jonathan

besides you got your state allocation and 7 ministers like everybody else and themajority of civil service for that matter so stop whining
it's irritating
you're not a woman

una gree sell land to non indigene east, abegi mowu hia word

I just de hear dis one o

na only you de pay d tax
na wa o
you can always move to ekiti where ties is no tax na. no be by force to stay Lagos na

either be docile or go back to your village
brigandage will not be tolerated

plenty, your girls
my guys from that side
your food variety

yes unless there is adultery

we all loot the same
nothing irreconcilable about that
yep and Nigeria's time has not yet finished while biafra time never reach (until oyel moni finish)
grin grin grin grin
Bad boy! you are riling up that bigot big time.
Re: The Crime Of Lagos State In Demolishing Oshodi Main Market by mikolo80: 2:34am On Jan 08, 2016
Eledan:
grin grin grin grin Bad boy! you are riling up that bigot big time.
I no de like mumu

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The "Gifts" Soldiers Were Seen Sending To Boko Haram In The North. Photos / Missing Chibok Girl: Lagbaja Even Followed Them To See Buhari - Hilarious Photo / PHOTOS: Some Of The Cars Recovered From Former Nigeria Police Force Police IG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.