Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,616 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC (12806 Views)

Has Anyone On Nairaland Used An Innoson Vehicle Before? What Was Your Experience / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience / 11 Items Nigerians Should Have In Their Cars – FRSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Abee79(m): 5:14pm On Jun 21, 2016
Some time ago, I was driving towards Berger Junction, Abuja. As I approached, I saw a colony of FRSC officials on on the road. I was confident that everything was intact - fire extinqhisher, triangle, licence, particulars, etc. All correct! So, I faced them like a boss. There was traffic conjection there, so we were moving slowly. One of the officers standing close to where I was passing shouted something to me. I did not hear. He motioned that I should wind down my glass. From the little one inch gap on top, I shouted back "sorry, it does not wind down".

The Guy just jumped in front of my car and ordered me to park off the road. i obliged him. I opened the door to talk to him and he asked my why my glass does not wind down. I said It had an issue, besides I always use my AC and I don't need to wind down most of the time. He said this is MECHANICAL DEFICIENCY and that it was a traffic offence.

I laughed so so hard til he was embarassed and asked me to go.

I had wanted to cause a scene in that place, till they all show me the Law that prescribes failure to wind down my glass as an offence.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Ninilowo(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
adebaxton:
Was flagged down opposite an Army checkpoint on my way to Saki via Iseyin, a car of 5 passenger, I carried 10 ppl( 6 adult , 4 kids) traveling for an occasion, I told them I wanna park at the front, I sped off madderly.
I know my offence, 2 passenger at the front seat beside me, overloading, no driving license, no extinguisher, overloading.

Was hailed like a king by other vehicles that witnessed the scenario when sighted at Iseyin- saki road.

Be bold
Iseyin oro

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by henryuzor(m): 7:31pm On Jun 21, 2016
aspirebig:
Those guys are very very corrupt now.

Imagine driving down from Lagos and i was stopped by FRSC guys at Ore,after greeting the guy that stopped me,one Oyebola,he asked for my driving license,i showed him the photocopy,he asked for the original,i told him i dont carry it about. My driving license is the REAL one,not fake,it cost me like N12k and took like 3months plus to be processed plus all the capturing wahala. So even from the photocopy,the background of the passport will show you that is authentic,the passport background is not the same with the fake one done with N5 to N6k that is ready in 4xhours or less. Having checked and noiced that the driving license is real one,the guy asked of my fire extinguisher and C caution,i told him that they are intact but for the luggage i have on the seat where they were kept. The Oyebola guy who should be in his early thirties now direct me to his Boss Mr Tunji,dark and average height guy who is older. The Tunji guy now checked my papers are said i am carrying overload,i said overload? I am alone in my SUV,the luggage are all mine. He said my offence is overloading and the fees is N20k,or they will charge me to their office and issue a ticket to me. But i just took it easy with them as i already have experience of how they can delay me unnecessarily,i know of lastma and police delays in Lagos,so i just allow them to talk,they asked me to park well,so i reparked now closer to their official truck. Then i talked to one other FRSC guy who seemed to be more reasonable,after Mr Tunji rejected my N1K offer,the more reasonable officer asked him to collect 3k and they left me. I did not see any other officer on my way till i got to my destination.

But why will FRSC be stopping people on federal high ways on sundays ? Even some FRSC cars do not have functional headlamps,pointer,fire extinguisher and C caution? Why are they very aggressive and unfriendly? Are they not being paid salary? Must they collect bribe? Why are most of our uniform officials corrupt? Must they be very wicked by wasting people's time? Can't they just give a verbal warning and let person go? Buhari should look into the activities of all these uniform men on our Federal high ways. Some of them are just there to extort money from the citizens. It is the same FRSC guys that produces both fake and Original driving license. Even the old driving license that was scrapped,they were the people that normally produces the fake and originals. They always claim that the capturing machine is not good,but once you drop N1K to one officer,he will take you inside to be captured immediately and the capturing maching will be good. Sometime they claim they tyres and the tyre expiring dates,is it not our borders that the tyres passed into the country? All the big lorries,911 that loads fake tyres,fake drugs,fake automobiles spare parts pass through our roads daily,once they bribe the officials they pass.
Next time you buy tyres tell the vulcanizer to turn it inside out. ..make I see the road safety officer wen go roll under my vehive go check expiry date....abeg na which one be pointer sef?
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by AngryNigerian(m): 9:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Lol...You be very bad guy o.

Do you know that of the Army?

lolzz...1st send me just 100 airtime wink
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by AngryNigerian(m): 9:13pm On Jun 21, 2016
blackberlin:

Bia, if you nefa get mony to develop this plot, den sell am nòò grin grin
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by AngryNigerian(m): 9:16pm On Jun 21, 2016
sam4eva777:

Hahahahaha...
grin so so funny. I wish this can work....but e fit land person for where recruit soldiers/police go use the person learn work.

Lol...bro, d thing de work die! Them fear Army, Navy & Airforce eh! Most of them no even kno the rank systems for Armed forces! So, just learn a lot about force...
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by agoadiv(m): 9:19am On Jun 22, 2016
adebaxton:
Was flagged down opposite an Army checkpoint on my way to Saki via Iseyin, a car of 5 passenger, I carried 10 ppl( 6 adult , 4 kids) traveling for an occasion, I told them I wanna park at the front, I sped off madderly.
I know my offence, 2 passenger at the front seat beside me, overloading, no driving license, no extinguisher, overloading.

Was hailed like a king by other vehicles that witnessed the scenario when sighted at Iseyin- saki road.

Be bold

did u also folo and act grand theft auto

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by agoadiv(m): 9:29am On Jun 22, 2016
alaskido:
I am a SPECIAL MARSHALL with RS 6.1 RIVERS STATE. FRSC officers are kind and assist road users a lot. They are better than the Nigerian Police. I will prefer a FRSC officer arrest me than the Nigerian Police.

They ensure you are safe on the road. My advise to all is to ensure whenever you are on the road to have updated vehicle papers and all the necessary accessories that the car needs. For the bribe taking that I do not know because during our joint patrols I have never seen any FRSC officer collect bribe.

maybe u havent fallen a victim because ur a special force man
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by agoadiv(m): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2016
youngibeh:

JUST PRAY NOT TO MEET MY TYPE OF PERSON. THAT DAY YOUR OWN DON FINISH grin grin

cheesy oga ooo, u b spy
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by agoadiv(m): 9:47am On Jun 22, 2016
hrykanu231:
FRSC,

I was travelling with my very stubborn uncle(a young lawyer) to Jos. After we passed Forest we saw more than 8 FRSC officers, we were flagged down and the following ensued;

Officer: Please can we see Ur papers
My cousin: be specific with your request
Officer: your Driver's license, sir please also show us your fire extinguisher, he added.

My cousin used language and told me that his DL is OK, but his fire extinguisher is bad. But that today will determine if the money we spent on him in law sch was a waste or not.

He came down from the car and went straight to their Van leaving the officer behind who attempted to remove d key from ignition, of course I resisted him..
Next thing I heard his voice very loud, and I heard him speaking Latin or so(guess one of this their legal maxims), he continued I will sue u bla bla bla...
All of a sudden they story changed to Oga please take it easy, don't worry about the extinguisher and the asked me to beg him. They wished us safe journey.
I kept mute for a while, I now asked him what happened? He said he noticed their own fire extinguisher was also bad and their break light was bad. He now told them that they cannot judge him to have defaulted considering the state of their car and the extinguisher... I just kept nodding, I might try his concept soon

that ur brother deserves chilled orijincheesy
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Omotakins(m): 3:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Lol...bro, d thing de work die! Them fear Army, Navy & Airforce eh! Most of them no even kno the rank systems for Armed forces! So, just learn a lot about force...
I pity u. Did u know all those people u mentioned are more polite than some so called civilians. They know what is expected of them. They are released, if traffic regulations are flouted, on the basis of esprit de corps. That is it!
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by kkulaja(m): 7:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
emmchi:
I got the shock of mine life last year when i was ticketed for having a lacerated number plate.Have to forfeit an important seminar,because mine DL was confiscated. cheesy

I see ur go around with ur original DL?that's quite risky and unecessary
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by kkulaja(m): 7:54pm On Jun 22, 2016
cmart09:
I had an experience with them while I was still in the university.
On that faithful day, I was rush to school for a test that was scheduled for 9am, mid way into my trip I bumped into them, they were like eight of them, with five of them scattered in front of my car. I had no option but to slow down and trafigated like I was going to allow them Bleep me up, as soon as I did that they all cleared, and I gave my car a full throttle while the shouted 'stop him stop him!!', that is just one of my many encouter with FRSC and I will never stop for them except Army is in their front.

You actually acted like a crminal and any stubborn one can chase u or report ur vehcle by putting a call to the next. Police or army checkpoint to apprehend you.
You actually do not need to throttle down,u only slow down,no need to trafficate and don't look dem in the face and continue ur jorney in slow pace,@least u slowed down!
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by kkulaja(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Road safety is even good,the worse to eperience is the VIO.last time I checked each document u don't have attracts a fine of 20k and immediate impounding of the vehicle until all docs are sorted plus tax clearance and domorhage.beta not to stop for dem if u don't have ur docs intact,u regret u did.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by emmchi(m): 9:44pm On Jun 22, 2016
kkulaja:

I see ur go around with ur original DL?that's quite risky and unecessary
I don 't understand what you mean.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by kkulaja(m): 9:58pm On Jun 22, 2016
emmchi:

I don 't understand what you mean.

I mean once you are asked to show ur DL and u present the originals,they will delay u till dey find a fault.as ur balls is already in their hands.its more apropriate to present photocopies
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by emmchi(m): 10:23pm On Jun 22, 2016
kkulaja:

I mean once you are asked to show ur DL and u present the originals,they will delay u till dey find a fault.as ur balls is already in their hands.its more apropriate to present photocopies
Thank 4 the advice.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by 9icetoo(m): 10:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
the year was 2006, before the biometric drivers license. I was stopped by an FRSC official cos my younger bro was not wearing his seat belt. the dude took my license and fined me 10k. lol. I left it for and did another one at Ikeja there for 5k same day.
however, these days I prepare for them. I have everything in tact; papers, license, fire extinguisher, wiper, lights, pointers, triangle, spare tire, jack, spanner, even torch light and towing rope. one stopped me last week. even before he completed the list of what I should provide, I gave him more than was on the list and added reflective jacket to the mix. the dude just handed me my documents and walked away. I laughed and asked him if he wants to check my oil level too.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by baaliyah(m): 10:46pm On Jun 22, 2016
Please, dont show your vehicle particulars to FRSC officers, they are only entitled to check your DL, fire extinguisher, caution sign, state of your tyres, lights and wipers. If any officer asks for your papers decline and tell him it is not his duty.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by Omotakins(m): 4:50pm On Jun 23, 2016
Chai....... this is how u go about misinforming people! YOU CAN BE CHARGED FOR NOT BEING IN POSSESSION OF YOUR VEHICLE PAPERS, BRO.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by iyisco2001(m): 5:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
any experience at all with expired tires?
even when you turn it it.

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by youngice(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2016
chigoizie7:
Do the right thing, obey all the rules and u will never have to bribe them.

I have escaped them many times.

Once they stopped me because of fire extinguisher( I have one, I never knew it was empty, because I have never used it for once, I only removed the pins)

I dragged it with them that I have fire extinguisher, I even brought it out and tried to press it, but nothing came out, the young guy just laughed @ me and showed me the metre like something that has clocked zero. I was made to understand that once the pin is removed, it wouldn't take time the content will evaporate even if I have not used it for once.

My mouth was agap because I was very surprised to learn that. I guess the guy realised that I never really knew it has finished. He allowed me to go and advised me to buy the ones that comes in canisters(spray). When coming back, I bought it, and when I go to their check point, I stopped and showed the guy the new spray. Anytime I pass that very point, I am never stopped by any of them, because d 1st guy made me know many of them. Once I get to their check point, I always slow down to hail them +my sister is a 3star officer.
That's all
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by chigoizie7(m): 9:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
youngice:

That's all

Lolz, no reason am oh, I don't share same surname with my sis as she is married, + she dey state HQ, while the ones I de mainly meet na for different districts.

Besides, I am not the type that 1st tell u, who or what I am.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by mamajaz(f): 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2016
emmchi:

Thank 4 the advice.
In fact my husband made his in color so if they act funny he would just leave it for them, while they mumuishly believe the stuffs are originals
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by naturalwaves: 8:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
I still feel VIO officers are the most terrible ones. The reason is that everyone knows that VIO do not take bribe and this usually gets the officers annoyed for no reason particularly the females. I will advice everyone to know the rules, get all required things and know the specific duties of each of these corps or forces.
I was stopped by VIO very early this year and the following ensued.
Woman: Can I see your vehicle particulars?
Me: okay (gave them to her).
Woman: No insurance. ( I searched the vehicle and gave it to her ).
Woman: This is not a comprehensive insurance . This is 3rd party ( we were actually going to process the comprehensive but did a 3rd party for the mean time but I thought to myself if it mattered).
Me: How is the type of insurance your business? Insurance is insurance whether 3rd party or comprehensive. (She was shocked.... Went to meet a colleague and that one told her not to make a mess of herself from the way they behaved I could read it. She kept on looking at the documents ).
Woman: You do not have road worthiness certificate or sonething like that.
Me: Road worthiness? This is a brand new car and it is road worthy. If a brand new car is not road worthy I wonder which car would be so, I do not need a road worthiness certificate because it is road worthy by default.
Then, she said she will give me a ticket bla bla bla to go pay in the office and so on. I told her to hold on and I need to see their boss. I explained to him and the man gave the woman a look that says "you are very stupid". He checked my seatbelt label, saw the year of production of the car etc and said..... Pls let this man go. Meanwhile, another one had asked for my DL and checked which was okay. The woman was so sad.
The point is , they do not care, they are very wicked particularly because they know they cannot and do not ask for bribe so, they like to waste one's time . If I had not known all those small small things or if i had not thought fast enough, I would have been cornered with the insurance issue and road worthiness certificate.

The last time a police officer stopped me andasked for my DL, I told him that it is not his duty to ask me for my DL except in case of an accident or emergency( I made sure he was not carrying gun o before saying that grin ).
His response: Na you sabi book abi? Abeg, make una dey go joor! ...... and I zoomed off.
Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by ephi123(f): 10:29am On Aug 18, 2016
Abee79:
Some time ago, I was driving towards Berger Junction, Abuja. As I approached, I saw a colony of FRSC officials on on the road. I was confident that everything was intact - fire extinqhisher, triangle, licence, particulars, etc. All correct! So, I faced them like a boss. There was traffic conjection there, so we were moving slowly. One of the officers standing close to where I was passing shouted something to me. I did not hear. He motioned that I should wind down my glass. From the little one inch gap on top, I shouted back "sorry, it does not wind down".

The Guy just jumped in front of my car and ordered me to park off the road. i obliged him. I opened the door to talk to him and he asked my why my glass does not wind down. I said It had an issue, besides I always use my AC and I don't need to wind down most of the time. He said this is MECHANICAL DEFICIENCY and that it was a traffic offence.

I laughed so so hard til he was embarassed and asked me to go.

I had wanted to cause a scene in that place, till they all show me the Law that prescribes failure to wind down my glass as an offence.

This has to be the funniest thing I have read today!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ever Escaped FRSC? Share Your Experience With FRSC by odimbannamdi(m): 2:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
yomz1e:
They are nothing but highway robbers in uniforms and you never see them in rich streets like in Abuja city center only in outskirts. My getaway pass is waving my work ID card that looks like an SS IDcard, it has a big coat of arms on it with double Capital SS in BOLD red obviously you have to look the look as well and your car must be correct too so its all about packaging. I used it on police too and often get saluted too. Gives me jokes everytime it works, but one day one eagle eye policeman looked at it and asked which security body? i told him can't he read, he said yes i see SS , but but but.......am like officer , do you know how many Secrete service operate in this country? the policeman looked lost and just waived me on. Another N20 saved for offering on Sunday.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Driving Tips For First Time Drivers In Lagos / 10 Bad Habits That Can Damage Your Car / Innoson Motors Set To Feature On BBC,BBC Correspondence Pays Them Visit(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.