Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,226 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

. - Properties (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (39915 Views)

ATLANTIC COURTYARD IS LOCATED AT OKUN AJAH, LAGOS STATE WITH CofO +2348125429017 / 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Bungalow And Land For Sale with CofO Before MFM,Magboro / Executive & Newly Build Of Mini Flat To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 For 1m Net. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

They sprayed and murdered them whey they stood tall and smug in all their weedy glory grin

Then it's a very strong chemicals. Works well.

Hajji M.
Re: . by sdbaba: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2016
Pls can anyone in the house advice how many bags of cements are needed to complete the tiling (walls and floor) of a bungalow building?

Total area to be tiled is 285 square meters.

1 Like

Re: . by battleaxe: 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
sdbaba:
Pls can anyone in the house advice how many bags of cements are needed to complete the tiling (walls and floor) of a bungalow building?

Total area to be tiled is 285 square meters.

Apologies to @Egun for treating a subject different from his thread's intent.

Hmnnn......

If I recall correctly, seems the intent is to have a 10-15mm thick bedding for the tiles.

Thus volume of mortar required = 285* 0.01= 2.85 cubic meter

Assuming a 4:1 sand:cement ratio;

You need 1/5 * 2.85 =0.57 cubic meter of cement

One bag of cement I think equals 0.038 cubic meter

Therefore, you need 0.57/0.038 bags= 15 bags

All of the above is of course theoretical, and there will be waste, shrinkage, white vans etc....

I advice you budget like 20% extra.

Disclaimer: These figures are mostly from memory. Pls get the advice of a qualified person in this area.

Thanks.
Re: . by battleaxe: 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
P.S: I think the bedding for floor tiles is more. Just noticed you mentioned the 285 is total for wall and floor.

Same logic as above once you know what quantity is for wall and what for floor.

Thanks.
Re: . by sdbaba: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2016
Thanks for your detailed response.

What is the thickness for the walls and the thickness for the floors
Re: . by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
I'm still waiting for the name of the chemical from my man on the ground.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:14am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: . by battleaxe: 2:33pm On Sep 26, 2016
Not sure how it's calculated o!

A few years ago, I was adviced that to get an extremely good plastering, to assume 400naira/sqm. I however didn't pay that much, more closer to 250 I think, especially if you're able to get a crew from areas where their 'mouth has not spread too wide'. Pls note that these rates were not to the workers directly but a middleman Supercisor, so it may be possible to get it even lower.

If doing larger areas of course, this rate can reduce especially if the crew can 'live' on your site while the plastering is going on. Hence no transportation costs.

Attempting a calculation though, I think a crew of 2 Masons and 1 labour/helper can finish plastering 2 numbers of 12ft length wall(I'm assuming a height of about 10-12 coaches) inside and outside in a day. The edges and curves are usually trickier.

That works out to about 40sqm surface area total.

Not sure what the labour rate is now, but if it's 4K per mason and 2k for helper, it works out to 10k Naira for that 40sqm.

Hence, each sqm is about 250 Naira.

Pls insert your local area rates and bargain for larger areas as workers are assured of income for say a month.

Just a rough estimate. Maybe the resident builders can help with better assumptions.

1 Like

Re: . by ricki: 4:03pm On Oct 16, 2016
Egun.... How far sir. Long time.

U no show us the pinchure of una project na! Me self I dey Ibadan dey rough am now nowgrin.
Crazy and interesting place to be o.
Re: . by twinskenny(m): 4:29pm On Oct 16, 2016
ricki:
Egun.... How far sir. Long time.

U no show us the pinchure of una project na! Me self I dey Ibadan dey rough am now nowgrin.
Crazy and interesting place to be o.

Ibadan is fast becoming like lagos...huzzling city
Re: . by ricki: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2016
twinskenny:

Ibadan is fast becoming like lagos...huzzling city
But way better than lagos in terms of good roads and less giragira.

Enjoye every bits of my time. But grin grin dem make say sure I no comot with a penny in my pocket. Gbajue everywia.

Dem always think dey are smart or something. ...
Re: . by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
Re: . by homepatterns01: 11:11am On Jul 25, 2017
[url]Foursquare house plan[/url]https://homepatterns.com/ offers understated sophistication, with practical floor plans and artful details. Home Patterns are an excellent choice for your lifestyle.

Select your Dream Home

THE JESSICA

Plan Specifications
Area :3,428 Sq. Ft.
Master :First Level
Floors :1.5 Levels
Basement :Options Available
Bedrooms :5
Bathrooms :3.5
Width :64
Depth :58

We are your source for affordable bungalow plans including craftsman, foursquare, and cottage home plans. We specialize in house designs for narrow infill lots and neo‐traditional communities. Our homes are designed with community and historical context in mind. Gracious porches, beautiful details, and a sense of ʺthat certain somethingʺ come standard. Home Patterns essentially started when our designers were working with affordable housing developers to design sustainable home plans. These plans had to fit well into the pre‐war neighborhood character of midtown Atlanta. In fact, some of these same plans on this site were conceived during that period with these three principles in mind: Affordability, Sustainability, and Context. We still try to inject these principles into all of our plans.[img][/img]

Re: . by Hum2020: 11:52am On Jul 25, 2017
Oga egun please how much this gate cost were can o get it.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2017
Re: . by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2018

2 Likes

Re: . by adewaleID: 8:45pm On Jan 31, 2018
lovely, I like the choice of colour tiles

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 31, 2018

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Lord’s Chosen Building Sealed In Enugu Over Building Collapse Threat / Living In London, Building In Lekki / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.