Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (39900 Views)

ATLANTIC COURTYARD IS LOCATED AT OKUN AJAH, LAGOS STATE WITH CofO +2348125429017 / 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Bungalow And Land For Sale with CofO Before MFM,Magboro / Executive & Newly Build Of Mini Flat To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 For 1m Net. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 7:30am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by Mayor78: 8:53am On Feb 26, 2016
Aburo mi, you're my man anyday. You will be happy to know that your detailed answers will help to refocus my determination to use my cousin for my project. I am contemplating hiring an engineer to oversee the construction but my cousin kept saying that he can handle the job. He has over ten years experience with good reviews from local pears. He had an expatriate training in the village back then. I felt he can handle the job but somehow sceptical perhaps because am a total novice say for what I am learning here. My Architect is in Abuja and promised to always be on phone, WhatsApp etc to help at any point free. I am thinking of having an engineer at critical stages like foundation, decking, and roofing as I will be around hopefully at those stages too. Let my cousin handle the block work as there are no complicating structures in nthe building. Your answers really help me to trust experienced workman with vast practical knowledge of building. Fingers crossed I will go with my cousin while liasing with my architect who has the structural engineer in the same office. I will be fine I hope. I am dreading finishings though. Well-done Aburo mi.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by erico2k2(m): 9:34am On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Played around with SketchUp last night.
Looks nice. Av U checked to know if a cnc with a pen at the tip could do this?I have its fun grin
Re: . by erico2k2(m): 9:36am On Feb 26, 2016
4nobody4every1:

Really?.......so you dont want the supervisor to chop, ok oo, l am on my way to your site, you must settle all my boys in ibadan, if you dont, l wont allow work to continue on your site, l am the chairman of Omonile association of Ibadan worldwide with headquarters in New York... grin grin
Ahah Na so dem tell me 4 PH.but I was the supervisor.major contractor. Supplier%50, client aha grin

1 Like

Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 9:44am On Feb 26, 2016
erico2k2:

Ahah Na so dem tell me 4 PH.but I was the supervisor.major contractor. Supplier%50, client aha grin
...Hahaha, l understand, l also get involved during the construction of any of my project, it is the best, it helps you to save cost and delivers you from shy-locks who comes in the overall building chain ranging from suppliers to the last person involved in your projects who are perching around to milk you, but as an Ijebu man, l am of the opinion that EgunMogaji will cut cost on his project because he has learnt so much from this forum grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 10:34am On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's been questioned if I'm really in the US. Apparently I negotiate to the point that they think I'm in Ghana or SA grin

I'm apparently not throwing dollar around as they hoped.
.Absolutely, that is the key because all this artisans once they know you live in diaspora, they begin to act in a crafty manner to milk you if you allow them..... grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by erico2k2(m): 2:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Will hit lintel level today. Madam is excited to see her kitchenette outline.
The Naira is taking a kicking frm the Dollars grin grin
Re: . by OlowuB: 3:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
@EgunMogaji - I know you are keeping a record of expenses... Are you able to share how much that gone into this so far? Thanks.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 5:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Will hit lintel level today. Madam is excited to see her kitchenette outline.

I actually thought you had some columns/pillars in this house... but I can't see any.

Hajji M.
Re: . by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 6:41pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yes I keep a detailed spreadsheet. I can tell you number of blocks, tons of sand, granite, planks of wood etc

Building Walls including Pillars and Lintels (N389,000), Filing with Laterite (N119,000), Foundation (N186,900) and German Floor (N240,500), Total of N935,400 to absolute roofing level. The only thing missing is the Architects Fee but that should be confidential professionally.

I salute those that are alleging the ability to build 4 bedroom bungalows for N2 million.
.........Hmmmm,N2 million to build 4 bedroom bungalow, l have my doubts big time, except maybe be the entire structure will lack quality products in the construction process, even at that, 2 million Naira is really small to complete a decent & standard 4 bedroom apartment with top of the line finishing .. cool

1 Like

Re: . by twinskenny(m): 6:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The foundation has 13 pillars but only 5 of them went past the german floor level by design. They'll be framed this weekend. Also not doing round beam or parapet on this particular structure.

Thank you Sir.

nice that you have this kind of spread sheet...

1 Like

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

The foundation has 13 pillars but only 5 of them went past the german floor level by design. They'll be framed this weekend. Also not doing round beam or parapet on this particular structure.

Thank you Sir.

PS: I'm also using 9" blocks throughout even on the inside partition.

Thanks sir. using the 9" is the best bet...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It was a heady debate.

It's simple mathematics really and I continue to maintain that it's not possible. On a similar thread another person later fessed up that they were getting free stuff. For example church member was a bricklayer that was giving deals and roofer as father in law who was also doing stuff for free or almost free.
.......l think l saw that thread and the explanation given by the Op, but to be honest, all my properties in Nigeria, l spent more than that whether it i[i]s a 3 or 4 bedroom bungalow even with direct supervision, well, maybe they know what l dont know but building a 4 bedroom with 2 million Naira in the present day Nigeria is not feasible...

1 Like

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I salute those that are alleging the ability to build 4 bedroom bungalows for N2 million.

I don't read those thread seriously. I spent more than 5mil on my two flat BQ or MQ alone, I have never mentioned it until now.
Will they ever believe that?
It is whatever materials you put in those building that matters... because I don't want anyone to compare mine to theirs.
But whenever I find any good materials, I will always share the info about the quality.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 7:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
mufutau55:

I don't read those thread seriously. I spent more than 5mil on my two flat BQ or MQ alone, I have never mentioned it until now.
Will they ever believe that?
It is whatever materials you put in those building that matters... because I don't want anyone to compare mine to theirs.
But whenever I find any good materials, I will always share the info about the quality.

Hajji M.
..........Now somebody is talking and making sense to me, l can perfectly relate with this submission
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 7:52pm On Feb 26, 2016
4nobody4every1:
..........Now somebody is talking and making sense to me, l can perfectly relate with this submission

My brother, it's not easy jare. Nah me build am and nah me go live there... no need to fool myself.

See some of the pics in this post here...
https://www.nairaland.com/2956262/nairalanders-building-project-foundation-plastering/6#43279918

Hajji M.
Re: . by erico2k2(m): 8:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Interestingly enough I'm still spending old money.

I hope that I find good rates on the ground when I get home in three weeks.
Lol ok but wait a minute don't you guys have third party remittance agents there like we do in the UK?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 26, 2016
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 8:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
erico2k2:

Lol ok but wait a minute don't you guys have third party remittance agents there like we do in the UK?

No we don't have that much... and it's State by State... WU used to be happy until their rate stays in one place... they were abandoned.
Now an agent like LaNacional (only in few States) is coming out good but their restrictions is not comforting. I wish we have plenty alternatives like Britain.
Even individuals act as Agent in UK as I have heard... But since Sept. 11, USA has been monitoring all money transfers.

Hajji M.
Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
mufutau55:

My brother, it's not easy jare. Nah me build am and nah me go live there... no need to fool myself.

See some of the pics in this post here...
https://www.nairaland.com/2956262/nairalanders-building-project-foundation-plastering/6#43279918

Hajji M.
......Lol......Hmmmm......mouth closed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 8:44pm On Feb 26, 2016
visaclick:
nice trend but with n op like this I doubt if builders will ever get rich,not hating oooo
......Hahaha, so you want to get rich from building a single structure?... grin grin

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:52pm On Feb 26, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The Lord’s Chosen Building Sealed In Enugu Over Building Collapse Threat / Living In London, Building In Lekki / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.