Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

. - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (39905 Views)

ATLANTIC COURTYARD IS LOCATED AT OKUN AJAH, LAGOS STATE WITH CofO +2348125429017 / 3 Bedroom Semi Detached Bungalow And Land For Sale with CofO Before MFM,Magboro / Executive & Newly Build Of Mini Flat To Let @ Lekki Phase 1 For 1m Net. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Larwin(m): 3:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
Candour:

How did i miss this thread??
Egunmogaji, congrats on your project. I'm a silent follower of this section as i also started a project recently coincidentally in the same Elebu.

I'm looking forward to 'stealing' some ideas from you as i progress wink

Wish you an unencumbered finish bro

Welcome on board.... You will surely learn a lot here from our tasty gurus. smiley

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2016

3 Likes

Re: . by passe(m): 5:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I used a local artisan, I'll send you his number.

Many thanks.
Re: . by Candour(m): 8:39am On Jun 25, 2016
Larwin:

Welcome on board.... You will surely learn a lot here from our tasty gurus. smiley
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir and welcome.

Thanks my people wink
Re: . by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 8:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:
4) Rough Plumbing - Using a Home Run plumbing system - see attached image.

What is the advantages of that plumbing system?

Hajji M.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Re: . by mufutau55(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

It's vast but for my project here is why I am choosing it:

1) It's a modern system and very popular with plumbers in my area. In fact, they are running specials now to convert iron pipes (older homes) to homerun system.
Hajji - This I already know using the newer PEX cable... no more copper and iron pipes.

2) A balanced pressure scenario in the line. No more surges when another tap is opened. Every faucet gets the volume dialed from the manifold.
Hajji - Very good.

3) Instantaneous hot water (I will have hot water, fireplacein the system since there's dedicated hot water lines. This equates to saving water as you are not flushing cold water out before hot water primes in the line. In Nigeria, this is water savings.
Hajji - Very good too...but with this I think you will need central water heater to serve all the house.

4) There are only two joints in the line. One at the manifold and the other at the faucet, this reduces chances of leaks in other parts of the line as in the traditional system.
Hajji - Reduction in maintenance and servicing - Very good o.

5) Cheaper since there's no need to solder joints. This should reflect in the labour quote.
Hajji - Money saving is good o.

6) Easier for me to upgrade in the future.
Hajji - True o.

7) Individual faucet can be turned off without affecting other faucets in case if a repair.
Hajji - Hah! This option is really good. No interference with other good lines.

Thank you, Sir.

PS: I am currently researching reports of Mice/Rats eating through these PEX pipes due to them hearing the sound of running water. So far I've learnt that Rats have to eat something, anything, to stop their teeth from growing into their brain. They can even eat through copper pipes.
Hajji - Rat business na wah o. I am sure there will be solution to this too... please keep me/us informed.

See my response in bold. Overall, it's very nice implementation. Thank you.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2016

3 Likes

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 11:17pm On Jun 26, 2016
EgunMogaji:

On the water heater, yes Sir, I intend to have a central solar water heater (on the main house).
I don't need the water to be scalding hot, lukewarm is fine.
My old bones are too weary to be suffering when I can easily avoid it grin

I agree with you.. I don't like hot, hot water either.. Yes, lukewarm is the word Sir.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 29, 2016
Re: . by Juokorow(m): 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
EgunMogaji:
1) Roof The Main House - 4 Cross Hipped Roof - see attached image.

4) Rough Plumbing - Using a Home Run plumbing system - see attached imagecrew.

My brother, I have been researching this Pex idea about which you ignited awareness. As, a trailblazer:
1. How does one ensure that the Pex pipe, if bought in Nigeria, sent or brought home, is safeguarded from the massive rapid functional deterioration that happens from UV exposure before being properly placed in use,
2. Even if I pack it well in a container and I am on ground to ensure UV protection upon use, how might you imagine its deployment on a duplex build. I know your project is one bungalow, but your vantage discovery point may have insights for duplex builds. The average application here is within wood frame houses, without the constraints of our homeland blocks and concrete builds.
Thinking out loud!!!!!! Seen your footsteps on all solar threads I have ventured to; may hit you with a few asks on that too!
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 29, 2016
Re: . by Candour(m): 4:20am On Jun 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Here you go Sir.

Most likely going to wrap a major part of the house in same profile but in silver.

Lessons learnt: give the total job to one outfit to remove fingerpointing. Definitely going to give the main house roof job to one of the Lagos top dogs on here. No room for error.

Egbon, which company product is this?
Re: . by Candour(m): 4:21am On Jun 30, 2016
mufutau55:

Yes. That is one of the best design... I believe I have same for the BQ too...
I am having a buyers remorse that may be I should have use same in the main building instead of Metcoppo, because the more I see, the more I like it.

Hajji M.

Hajji, eku oungbe.

Pls who handled the installation of this roof?
Re: . by Nobody: 5:00am On Jun 30, 2016

2 Likes

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 6:05pm On Jun 30, 2016
Candour:

Hajji, eku oungbe.
Pls who handled the installation of this roof?

If you are talking about my roof... see below. But if you are referring to the roof here for Honorable EgunMogaji; he will tell you.
The guy is my local Carpenter by name of Taofeek... he does both the wood carcass and the aluminium installation.
PM for his number and Info. Sorry, he is not on Nairaland, but many people here have used him thru me. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: . by Candour(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
EgunMogaji:

I was told Bozac .55mm but you know I'm 8,000 miles away.

I just have to trust that the artisan, who is an alleged Alfa, fears God grin

no be small fear God grin

1 Like

Re: . by Candour(m): 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
mufutau55:

If you are talking about my roof... see below. But if you are referring to the roof here for Honorable EgunMogaji; he will tell you.
The guy is my local Carpenter by name of Taofeek... he does both the wood carcass and the aluminium installation.
PM for his number and Info. Sorry, he is not on Nairaland, but many people here have used him thru me. Thanks.

Hajji M.

Ok Hajji. I'm sending you a PM right away though you didn't attach a photo of the roof you wanted me to see o

1 Like

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 9:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
Candour:

Ok Hajji. I'm sending you a PM right away though you didn't attach a photo of the roof you wanted me to see o

I thought you saw it in some thread I posted it... check somewhere in "Off-Topic" thread.. may be there.

Hajji M.
Re: . by Candour(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
mufutau55:

I thought you saw it in some thread I posted it... check somewhere in "Off-Topic" thread.. may be there.

Hajji M.

ok
Re: . by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: . by 4nobody4every1: 6:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Stopping here to replenish the funds and then pour pillars and round beam lintel.
Oh no, dont stop, l will send 10 bundles of this Dollars to you when l wake up, work must continue on this site in the Mighty Name of Jesus Christ......Amen cool

1 Like

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 7:11pm On Jul 01, 2016
EgunMogaji:
Stopping here to replenish the funds and then pour pillars and round beam lintel.

Better now my brother o. We don't know when things will suddenly change.
I am trying to rush some things too..

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 01, 2016

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 2:21am On Jul 13, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: . by sultaan(m): 10:43pm On Jul 30, 2016
How do you plan to use a 125v gfi socket in Nigeria?
Re: . by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Re: . by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

The Lord’s Chosen Building Sealed In Enugu Over Building Collapse Threat / Living In London, Building In Lekki / How Many Blocks Would It Take To Complete This Self Contained Units?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.