Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World (4035 Views)

'You Are A Selfish Bastard One Minute Man'- Unsatisfied Lady Curses Guy / Is My Girlfriend Selfish Or She Is Right? / Is BREAST Still A Private Part In This World ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Like y have kids

Then start worrying if they'd be gay, die young, fail...

Just seems to me that having kids is selfish, like, what if the kid never wanted to be born

Trippy undecided

3 Likes

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by falconey(m): 9:37pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided

over to the MORONIC next poster
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
falconey:
undecided

[color=#990000][/color]

Guess today is ur smiley only day undecided
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by vizkiz: 9:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
Like y have kids

Just seems to me that having kids is selfish, like, what if the kid never wanted to be born

Trippy undecided

if your parents thought about this before having you, the world wouldn't have one more dummy to worry about

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 06, 2016
OP in relation to your question, let me just drop this quote from Rust Cohle in True detectives.
He made this statement years after his little daughter died in an accident. He kinda shares your sentiments, to an extent.

"You got kids? Mmm.... Well, you got the hubris to yank a soul out of non-existence, into this meat. And to force a life into this thresher.
As for my daughter, she spared me the sin of being a father"

Deep!

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 06, 2016
OP u are kinda making sense. I once had dat kinda mindset but every couple wants to have their own kids so dont blame them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2016
vizkiz:

if your parents thought about this before having you, the world wouldn't have one more dummy to worry about

Lol, but I never asked to be born undecided

I've heard parents brag about sacrifices to send their kids to school n all, but one starts to think, like, "isn't that what you're supposed to do?"

Or maybe the only way it isn't selfish is if you have planned out that child's necessities all the way to college.

I still maintain that having kids is mostly for selfish reasons, to comply with societal norms.

4 Likes

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by falconey(m): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=EnigmaticEnigma post=41726312]
Guess today is ur smiley only day undecided
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 9:49pm On Jan 06, 2016
Decker:
OP in relation to your question, let me just drop this quote from Rust Cohle in True detectives.
He made this statement years after his little daughter died in an accident. He kinda shares your sentiments.

"You got kids? Mmm.... Well, you got the hubris to yank a soul out of non-existence, into this meat. And to force a life into this thresher.
As for my daughter, she spared me the sin of being a father"

Deep!

Quite deep, although his view is much more cynical than mine though.
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by obiorathesubtle: 9:51pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please.. Who is in essex?
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 06, 2016
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:00pm On Jan 06, 2016
falconey:
undecided

[color=#990000][/color]

..CRACKHEAD...can I be yor daddy? smiley

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 06, 2016
Yep. Giving birth to someone is never done for that person since people don't ask to be born and seeing as no one has some memory of some previous life or form existence( some sort of hell say, where the child is being saved from) there is no proof that the child is being done a particular favour. People give birth, there is no certainty the child wi turn out 'fine', say s/he turns out fine then comes religion, the fear of whether he will burn for eternity or not. Sure, there are good things in/of life. But are they worth it, do they necessarily make coming to life better than what precedes life??(if anything does precede life)

5 Likes

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
Like y have kids

Trippy undecided

...ther wax a reason y abortion waz invented...nobody want childrens! angry

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

falconey, are you hearing ur daddy

wrong though, oh great old layer.

pple do want kids and most for selfish reasons, like just wanting one cause their friends have one.

3 Likes

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by falconey(m): 10:07pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

weyrey cork no for the sake of my lineage
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by falconey(m): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

it was discovered not invented COKEHEAD!!!
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
[quote author=EnigmaticEnigma post=41726935]

falconey, are you hearing ur daddy

wrong though, oh great old layer.

pple do want kids and most for selfish reasons, like just wanting one cause their friends have one.[/quote

...falconey calls me daddy only on Mondays....an for the record..I hate kids..all men hate kids but for some reason...the women juss wanna trap us.. i lie? undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
falconey:

[/color]

...calm down son...calm down! wink

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

pls stop derailing
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 06, 2016
children are joy to the world, i cant wait to make my wife give birth to as many kids as i want, she better prepare
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
pls stop derailing

..this thread is about makin children....do u no anytin about nakin children??... do u hav children? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

...falconey calls me daddy only on Mondays....an for the record..I hate kids..all men hate kids but for some reason...the women juss wanna trap us.. i lie? angry

cheesy cheesy omg!!!

Falconey, u should change ur moniker to CorkJunior or SirCork cheesy

Seems most women def want kids whether they are prepared financially or not, selfish angry

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

..this thread is about makin children....do I no anytin about nakin children??... do u hav children? undecided
I don't have children but I want children and I will have someday

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
Only someone who doesn't appreciate his life will reason this way.

Op are you poor, unsatisfied, sad , remorseful, hopeless or what? undecided undecided

How can you say procreation is for selfish reasons?

if truly its for selfish reasons, then the barren shouldn't be sad, the childless shouldn't be concerned.

Definitely you are not aware of the joy of holding a baby smiley smiley

op you are weird!!! sad

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:25pm On Jan 06, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

cheesy cheesy omg!!!

Falconey, u should change ur moniker to CorkJunior or SirCork cheesy

Seems most women def want kids whether they are prepared financially or not, selfish angry

[..Falconey is an albino..I ain't. ..anyways No man wants kids coz they frekin eat too much like rabit...they tear up yo funiture...they messsup yo CD collection & worse of all...they prevent other babes from comin to yor flat... I lie? angry

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by MrCork: 10:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
I don't have children but I want children and I will have someday

..why the heck do u want children?.. u don't wanna be free? undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Emac34: 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
I see ntin bad at having children cos I do love them so wat OPs is thinking is hiz problem
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by falconey(m): 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
Diddyydiva:
Only someone who doesn't appreciate his life will reason this way.

Op are you poor, unsatisfied, sad , remorseful, hopeless or what? undecided undecided

How can you say procreation is for selfish reasons?

if truly its for selfish reasons, then the barren shouldn't be sad, the childless shouldn't be concerned.

Definitely you are not aware of the joy of holding a baby smiley smiley

op you are weird!!! sad

in as much as I agree with your notions I hate to tell you its being coupled with sentiment,emotion and irrationality to a man's perspective.

Because most child birth in families apart from 1st and 2nd child are caused and motivated by a woman's inability to control her body and emotion.( Talking about the modern families).

From experience. Having a child there is nothing wrong in it both man and woman would agree to that but having children might come from the woman.

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

..why the heck do u want children?.. u don't wanna be free? undecided
Bros I will be free with or without children. My parents have always been free even after having more than 2 children
Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by vizkiz: 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2016
MrCork:

[..Falconey is an albino..I ain't. ..anyways No man wants kids coz they frekin eat too much like rabit...they tear up yo funiture...they messsup yo CD collection & worse of all...they prevent other babes from comin to yor flat... I lie? angry

werey grin

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Selfish To Bring Children Into This World by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2016
falconey:

[color=#990000][/color]
That is not absolutely true tho undecided

Of course there are unexpected cases but some couples plans to have more than two children.

Even with your point, to say bringing a child into this world is selfish is not right.

Trust me there is something wrong going In the ops mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9ja Babes, Fear them!!!! / Nood Pix Of Pretty Brazilian Policewoman Leaked By Gang Members For This Reason /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.