Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,558 members, 7,837,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Political Joblessness And The Nigerian Youths - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Joblessness And The Nigerian Youths (534 Views)

Ohanaeze Ndigbo Slams Arewa Youths For Ordering Igbos Out Of North / Excited Youths Parade "Customized" Cow To Celebrate Buhari's Return. Photos / El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Joblessness And The Nigerian Youths by Rapmoney(m): 1:02am On Jan 07, 2016
Whenever I take a critical look at the political activities of most of our youths in this part of the world, I can't just help but accept the saying that 'A nation deserves the type of leaders it has...in this case, the youths of a country truly deserve the type of leaders they get!!!

It seems most of our youths have been so blinded by political ignorance to an extent where they get themselves unnecessarily engrossed in irrelevant political issues without considering the real motives of most of our ever cunning and visionless politicians!

In these modern times, when youths in other climes are seriously exercising their political rights and unarguably benefitting from what belongs to them-the nations' commonwealth, it is so pathetic and shameful to know that majority of our youths still wallow in confusion and misplaced priority, both socially, economically and politically! cool

The way most young people insult one another on social media and Nigerian forums because of irrelevant political issues is baffling and disgraceful! While other youths are getting advanced in technology, science and developmental strategies, our youths are busy supporting one criminal or the other in government! What can we say when some persons gathered on a fateful day and decided that the best thing to do was to converge joblessly and bury a coffin wrapped in the flag of a political party? I mean, what sense is there? If you look closely, you will discover that these are the same people that are poor in the society, same people who have been deprived of gainful employement, scholarships, healthcare, the voice and platform to exhibit their talent and their general social well-being! You will never see the children of Bukola Saraki in such shameful and irrelevant activity; nor will you see the son or daughter of Otedola or Rotimi Amaechi!

When will the Nigerian youths wake from this deep slumber? When are we going to realize that turning to an e-lion or e-tiger on social media and forums because of the selfish interests of some greedy politicians will never bring the real and desired development?

Politicians such as Dino Melaye and co will never have the true interest of the Nigerian youth in their hearts! They would rather employ diverse tricky means to divert the attention of the youths and create political confusion in their lives!!! cool I speak for no political party...not for APC, not for PDP or any other party! I speak for the good and re-orientation of the Nigerian youths!

Since the average Nigerian youth has decided to wallow in misplaced political and socio-economic priority, I seriously wonder what foundation we are laying for the kids still in elementary and nursery schools across Nigeria I usually tell my friends in Ekpan Community in Delta State who are always in the habit of fighting aimlessly and fruitlessly for one politician or the other that each one of them in the community is supposed to enjoy scholarships, free healthcare, youth financial empowerment and so on...the Warri Refinery we all hear in Nigeria today is located in Ekpan Community in Delta State...that's where the gas is flared! Instead of fighting for their rights which are supposed to be inalienable, they prefer to fight for the selfish interests of politicians who have sent their fresh-faced kids abroad to school! What an irony of life!!!

All these probe this and probe that, EFCC this and ICPC that we hear everyday could be a formidable instrument to divert the minds of the youths from the real development that has been elusive for years! They are all charades of different colours!!! Let him who is without sin in the government cast the first stone.

Until our youths wake up from this shameful sleep, people like Audu Ogbeh and the likes will continue to trend powerfully in Nigerian politics, occupying positions that are supposed to be for the new generation.
Re: Political Joblessness And The Nigerian Youths by mikolo80: 6:32am On Jan 07, 2016
Rapmoney:
Whenever I take a critical look at the political activities of most of our youths in this part of the world, I can't just help but accept the saying that 'A nation deserves the type of leaders it has...in this case, the youths of a country truly deserve the type of leaders they get!!!

It seems most of our youths have been so blinded by political ignorance to an extent where they get themselves unnecessarily engrossed in irrelevant political issues without considering the real motives of most of our ever cunning and visionless politicians!

In these modern times, when youths in other climes are seriously exercising their political rights and unarguably benefitting from what belongs to them-the nations' commonwealth, it is so pathetic and shameful to know that majority of our youths still wallow in confusion and misplaced priority, both socially, economically and politically! cool

The way most young people insult one another on social media and Nigerian forums because of irrelevant political issues is baffling and disgraceful! While other youths are getting advanced in technology, science and developmental strategies, our youths are busy supporting one criminal or the other in government! What can we say when some persons gathered on a fateful day and decided that the best thing to do was to converge joblessly and bury a coffin wrapped in the flag of a political party? I mean, what sense is there? If you look closely, you will discover that these are the same people that are poor in the society, same people who have been deprived of gainful employement, scholarships, healthcare, the voice and platform to exhibit their talent and their general social well-being! You will never see the children of Bukola Saraki in such shameful and irrelevant activity; nor will you see the son or daughter of Otedola or Rotimi Amaechi!

When will the Nigerian youths wake from this deep slumber? When are we going to realize that turning to an e-lion or e-tiger on social media and forums because of the selfish interests of some greedy politicians will never bring the real and desired development?

Politicians such as Dino Melaye and co will never have the true interest of the Nigerian youth in their hearts! They would rather employ diverse tricky means to divert the attention of the youths and create political confusion in their lives!!! cool I speak for no political party...not for APC, not for PDP or any other party! I speak for the good and re-orientation of the Nigerian youths!

Since the average Nigerian youth has decided to wallow in misplaced political and socio-economic priority, I seriously wonder what foundation we are laying for the kids still in elementary and nursery schools across Nigeria I usually tell my friends in Ekpan Community in Delta State who are always in the habit of fighting aimlessly and fruitlessly for one politician or the other that each one of them in the community is supposed to enjoy scholarships, free healthcare, youth financial empowerment and so on...the Warri Refinery we all hear in Nigeria today is located in Ekpan Community in Delta State...that's where the gas is flared! Instead of fighting for their rights which are supposed to be inalienable, they prefer to fight for the selfish interests of politicians who have sent their fresh-faced kids abroad to school! What an irony of life!!!

All these probe this and probe that, EFCC this and ICPC that we hear everyday could be a formidable instrument to divert the minds of the youths from the real development that has been elusive for years! They are all charades of different colours!!! Let him who is without sin in the government cast the first stone.

Until our youths wake up from this shameful sleep, people like Audu Ogbeh and the likes will continue to trend powerfully in Nigerian politics, occupying positions that are supposed to be for the new generation.
it's called ignorance
they don't know
it's just like saying a 40 yr old should do this or that meanwhile he was chained to the floor in some basement. he only knows what he knows (animal treatment, slavery)
not their faul
you're just lucky, opportuned and fortunate.
I remember the first day they served cornflakes and sausage in defence academy, it was like magic
we never knew the former person in charge felt we were not worth more than bread and tea and kept the Quaker oats, and cornflakes money touch changing fleet of cars.
you don't know what you don't know
but win election and provide free health and education and let's see the bastardy successor that will deny them and not pay for it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Political Joblessness And The Nigerian Youths by ckmayoca: 7:15am On Jan 07, 2016
Bros they can't wake from this slumber o. Fighting and exchanging curses over issues that pays them not even a recharge card on line and yet waking up to ask thier sibbling what's (mummycooked) in the kitchen to eat. And the younger generation is even worse cos all sort of slangs of efejoku ooo full thier mouth even those in private sch.
Oversabi is our problem. May God take control.

1 Like

Re: Political Joblessness And The Nigerian Youths by Rapmoney(m): 8:04am On Jan 07, 2016
ckmayoca:
Bros they can't wake from this slumber o. Fighting and exchanging curses over issues that pays them not even a recharge card on line and yet waking up to ask thier sibbling what's (mummycooked) in the kitchen to eat. And the younger generation is even worse cos all sort of slangs of efejoku ooo full thier mouth even those in private sch.
Oversabi is our problem. May God take control.
Including those that don't even know the history of Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News !! 2016 Budget Stolen From Natl. Assembly / Suggest How The $300m Abacha Loot Should Be Spent. / Have you heard of another Dasuki Gate Saga involving the FG & ZTE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.