Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,439 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens (24676 Views)

Wike's Face Of Disgust As He Visits Dilapidated School Of Nursing Port Harcourt / Amaechi & Wike Unite At A Town Hall Meeting In Rivers (Photos) / FG, Senate Face-off Deepens Divisions Among APC Senators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by PrinceEvolution(m): 10:38am On Jan 08, 2016
lielbree:

Are u hearing it for the first time?
There were reports that she was pregnant and subsequently there was a miscarriage
my first time..and how did it all go down?was it in the media?or it was kinda underground .?
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by joseph1832(m): 10:42am On Jan 08, 2016
herbie27:
d likes of u, even wit evidence will still defend Ameachi cos 82m seems nothing 2 u.
Show me evidence Mr man, and stop assuming.

If you don't have any evidence to back up your frivolous rumor, then please keep mute. Thank you.
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by qtx(m): 10:58am On Jan 08, 2016
Delphi:
It is very despicable and detestable for Wike to undermine and bring the status and personality of a world reverred/acclaimed scholar like Prof Wole Soyinka to the mud, just because he is travelling on a vendetta journey. History will never be fair to him in this his callousness. It is very unimaginable that a person of his capacity is ridiculing one of the premier and best custodians of the citadel of learning in Nigeria just to achieve cheap political and malicious gains. If Soyinka is of mean personality, for instance, what has happened to respect for elders?. Trying to scuttle height one cannot reach is never a good strategy for self actualization.

My question is Would late chief Gani fawemi no matter his relationship with Amaechi have accepted any such kind gesture from Amaechi or any other politician spending such magnitude of money or even less for his birthday?
What are people talking about here? Would Chinu Achebe of blessed memory have welcomed it? Wole allowed himself and his name to be dragged to the mud.
If you do not want to be rubbed with mud then dont join the children playing with mud.
If wole is such an honorable man and respects his person, he should have politely stayed away. We have seen Honorable Nigerians doing it times without number here in this country.
Look what people fail to understand is that for Wike to come out and make such a statement, he must have seen something because he has access to info many are not privy to.
Amaechi may just be trying to shut Wike down with intimidation. But i bet you should Buhari stay away from this case, Nigerians may see Wike proving his case beyond newspapers home pages.
Nigerians, we say we want to fight corruption, let us first allow all the allegations to be thrown into the air and watch the accused clear his/her head so we know he or she is innocent.
Politics in everything . i tire o

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by DIKEnaWAR: 11:18am On Jan 08, 2016
Delphi:
It is very despicable and detestable for Wike to undermine and bring the status and personality of a world reverred/acclaimed scholar like Prof Wole Soyinka to the mud, just because he is travelling on a vendetta journey. History will never be fair to him in this his callousness. It is very unimaginable that a person in his capacity is ridiculing one of the premier and best custodians of the citadel of learning in Nigeria just to achieve cheap political and malicious gains. If Soyinka is of mean personality, for instance, what has happened to respect for elders?. Trying to scuttle height one cannot reach is never a good strategy for self actualization.

Soyinka should have respected his status by declining to allow Amechi host him, knowing fully well the way these governors squander our resources at the slightest opportunity, it might come haunting him in the future. What will Amechi give Soyinka that he doesn't already have? Look where it has landed him now. No matter how people like you see it, I think Soyinka has become a greedy man recently: Eating wit people in government and speaking from both sides of his mouth. This has not diminished his literary prowess or status but it has cast a question mark on his integrity. Forget Amechi and Wike, they are both men without honour and products of our rotten system. For a Soyinka to be mentioned alongside them, is shameful, to say the least.

Please that you support a government, political party or politician does not mean you should reason with your anus.
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by ogmaskman: 12:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
qtx:

My question is Would late chief Gani fawemi no matter his relationship with Amaechi have accepted any such kind gesture from Amaechi or any other politician spending such magnitude of money or even less for his birthday?
What are people talking about here? Would Chinu Achebe of blessed memory have welcomed it? Wole allowed himself and his name to be dragged to the mud.
If you do not want to be rubbed with mud then dont join the children playing with mud.
If wole is such an honorable man and respects his person, he should have politely stayed away. We have seen Honorable Nigerians doing it times without number here in this country.
Look what people fail to understand is that for Wike to come out and make such a statement, he must have seen something because he has access to info many are not privy to.
Amaechi may just be trying to shut Wike down with intimidation. But i bet you should Buhari stay away from this case, Nigerians may see Wike proving his case beyond newspapers home pages.
Nigerians, we say we want to fight corruption, let us first allow all the allegations to be thrown into the air and watch the accused clear his/her head so we know he or she is innocent.
Politics in everything . i tire o

My brother I do not think wike saw anything. Where is the omeriji report? After all the noise not even a single report was published or actioned. As for your comparing soyinka and achebe and gani, I will say your are wrong. first you never worked with any of these guys to know which functions they attended and how it panned out. Secondly, the burden of proof lies with wike.
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by Skybee1(m): 12:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
Amaechi in his sensless mind knws his stole n spend d money,he is onli tryin to use his senlez brain to wash d public as if we r all fool,return d money mr minister
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by chijodave: 12:48pm On Jan 08, 2016
Delphi:
It is very despicable and detestable for Wike to undermine and bring the status and personality of a world reverred/acclaimed scholar like Prof Wole Soyinka to the mud, just because he is travelling on a vendetta journey. History will never be fair to him in this his callousness. It is very unimaginable that a person in his capacity is ridiculing one of the premiere and best custodians of the citadel of learning in Nigeria just to achieve cheap political and malicious gains. If Soyinka is of mean personality, for instance, what has happened to respect for elders?. Trying to scuttle height one cannot reach is never a good strategy for self actualization.
u r so wrong, if buhari can go after gejs officers, wike can go after amaechi
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by qtx(m): 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
ogmaskman:

My brother I do not think wike saw anything. Where is the omeriji report? After all the noise not even a single report was published or actioned. As for your comparing soyinka and achebe and gani, I will say your are wrong. first you never worked with any of these guys to know which functions they attended and how it panned out. Secondly, the burden of proof lies with wike.

Good, but we are not sure the report will not be "actioned" at the end of it all according to you. Because we all know Nigeria as a nation with a history of burying very important, critical and most times indicting reports depending on who heads the government at the centre e.g ptf report that indicted Buhari, Halliburton Scandal report that indicted OBJ etc. Secondly, I do not need to work with any of Gani or Achebe to know when they accept or turn down gifts , why? because they are public figures and are always on the eyes of the media. So is Soyinka. We need to be sure of what we want at this point as a nation whether to fight corruption truly or act drama selectively.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by demoore1(m): 3:33pm On Jan 08, 2016
disloman:
Some people don't need to be in government.They just believed that government is for everyone.To ask Soyinka to refund if given a cash gift,is the most stup1d utterance I've ever heard.

Any body that collected money/gifts illegally should refund it... period. Even if it was given to a pastor as tight once it is more than 10% of the Governors salary... you will refund it
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by ogmaskman: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2016
qtx:

Good, but we are not sure the report will not be "actioned" at the end of it all according to you. Because we all know Nigeria as a nation with a history of burying very important, critical and most times indicting reports depending on who heads the government at the centre e.g ptf report that indicted Buhari, Halliburton Scandal report that indicted OBJ etc. Secondly, I do not need to work with any of Gani or Achebe to know when they accept or turn down gifts , why? because they are public figures and are always on the eyes of the media. So is Soyinka. We need to be sure of what we want at this point as a nation whether to fight corruption truly or act drama selectively.

I do not want to talk about the ptf issue because that issue was closed based on the fact that nothing was found. As for the omeriji report, the govt in power has no reason not to implement it if it's damning enough as speculated.
In all I feel wike is over reaching with his claims. The level of animosity between these men is enough to throw caution to the wind. if u say soyinka should return money back to govt, they should give us details of what exactly happened. How much went for the dinner and how much was giving in cash. Mind you monies giving to dignitaries at such event is classified as honorarium. I still say that the burden of proof lies with wike. Some things are too trivial to occupy space and time.
Recall that wike organised an elaborate party not too long ago to thank God for his victory at the polls. Some of my friends who attended came back with several bottles of assorted buzz. As a gov we know the millions spent on that party was tax payers money. Now the questions is, was he suppose to organise a party, was he suppose to splash our money around in that manner? We can ask these questions forever but he did what he did. My point is not all cries deserve our attention.

#LeaveTrashForLawma.
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by ogmaskman: 4:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
chijodave:
u r so wrong, if buhari can go after gejs officers, wike can go after amaechi

Wike should move frm media attack to real action like buhari is doing. He does not need the efcc to do what he has to do.
Re: Amaechi’s, Wike’s Face-off Deepens by coldubako(m): 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
Amaechi and the APC goons want to intimidate wike.

Deep down, we know that amaechi spent such money. Soyinka couldn't have picked up Amaechi's fight against the first lady for nothing.

It will shock people to know that amaechi spent much more than that on Soyinka.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Mao Ohuabunwa Uses Frying Pans, Gas Cylinders To Empower Constituents / DSS: Appointments Are Not Lopsided –FG / Bauchi Youths Destroy APC Posters After APC Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.