Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,562 members, 7,955,084 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. (1176 Views)

Women Present 27 Cakes To Okorocha Ahead Of His 55th Birthday In Imo (Photos) / "On My Way To Surrender My Arms To Okorocha In Owerri" - Man (Photos) / Militants & Cultists Surrender Their Weapons To Okorocha In Owerri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Abagworo(m): 9:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Labour leaders in Imo State, including the Chairman of
the State Chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress
(NLC), Comrade Austin Chilakpu, his Secretary and
other Executive members of the Organized Labour has
tendered an unreserved apology to the state Governor,
Rochas Okorocha over false allegation of death and kidnap
threat.
The Labour leaders had raised an alarm over their personal
safety and that of their immediate family members,
accusing the State Governor of plotting to kidnap them for
prevailing on the state workers not to
sign an undertaking Form issued to Civil Servants in the
state by the government late last year.
But the Unionists, who were invited to a meeting by the
Governor at the Exco Chambers in the Government
House on Wednesday with the State Commissioner of Police
and the State Director of the Department of State
Services in attendance, after a heated accusations and
counter accusations denied that their lives or personal
safety were under any form of threat from the state
government.
They accepted to have fabricated the false alarm to give the
workers the impression that they were being haunted by the
state government over their stance on
some labour and government disagreements.
The NLC Chairman who had earlier reported that he
does not stay in his home any more after his driver
was abducted by gunmen who stormed his home in a
government vehicle, succumbed on cross examination
by the security Chiefs and admitted that there was no
threat of such also adding that there was no such kidnap
incident.
He apologized to the Governor to forgive the Union leaders
and allow peace to reign.
Meanwhile the Governor who was visibly angered by the
development, threatened to further probe the matter to bring
those behind the plot to ridicule his
administration to book.
He said, “I will take this matter seriously because you
people have made me look like a kidnapper. Some of them
said that they were no longer sleeping in their
homes because they were receiving threat text messages
that they will be killed because they are
working against the state government. But today even
those that said that their drivers were kidnapped came
out to deny it. They were just out to tarnish my
image”.
However, the meeting will continue on return of
Governor Okorocha to the state as he immediately left
for Abuja.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/death-threat-imo-labour-leaders-apologise-okorocha-false-alarm/
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:34am On Jan 08, 2016
Since XMAS is a thing of d past now, "I Hope We'll Be Using Our Lovely 600mn Christmas Tree To Pay Our Civil Servants & Pensioners In Imo State??

Okorocha Is An Unadulterated Thief- El-rufai

1 Like

Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Abagworo(m): 9:40am On Jan 08, 2016
Abagworo:
Labour leaders in Imo State, including the Chairman of
the State Chapter of the Nigeria Labour Congress
(NLC), Comrade Austin Chilakpu, his Secretary and
other Executive members of the Organized Labour has
tendered an unreserved apology to the state Governor,
Rochas Okorocha over false allegation of death and kidnap
threat.

Some of them
said that they were no longer sleeping in their
homes because they were receiving threat text messages
that they will be killed because they are
working against the state government.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/death-threat-imo-labour-leaders-apologise-okorocha-false-alarm/

My take is that the PDP members controlling the labour union in Imo should be removed and replaced with APC loyalists. Okorocha is too lenient for my liking.

1 Like

Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 08, 2016
Abagworo:

My take is that the PDP members controlling the labour union in Imo should be removed and replaced with APC loyalists. Okorocha is too lenient for my liking.
really
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by RockMaxi: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2016
BADNEAT:
really

Yes now, in a sane society, it's just simple administrative instinct. When you are a leader, promote those that will actualize your vision into places of authority no matter the party affiliation.

How can you be moving forward and some people are hell bent at dragging you backward.
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Abagworo(m): 9:59am On Jan 08, 2016
BADNEAT:
really

I meant what I wrote with all seriousness. Nobody is sure of happenings in Imo civil service as no news about them is believable. Labour is not supposed to be opposition but partners with Government and at the same time truthful.
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 08, 2016
RockMaxi:

Yes now, in a sane society, it's just simple administrative instinct. When you are a leader, promote those that will actualize your vision into places of authority no matter the party affiliation.

How can you be moving forward and some people are hell bent at dragging you backward.
what business does a President or governor have with controlling the leadership of the NLC??

2 Likes

Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by RockMaxi: 10:25am On Jan 08, 2016
BADNEAT:
what business does a President or governor have with controlling the leadership of the NLC??

Read my post gently with an open mind.
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2016
Abagworo:

I meant what I wrote with all seriousness. Nobody is sure of happenings in Imo civil service as no news about them is believable. Labour is not supposed to be opposition but partners with Government and at the same time truthful.

the Labour union's primary obligation is to protect the welfare of its members this may include opposing Demonic policies they deem unhealthy the workers and not partnering with the government to share money in ghana must go n brown files while it's members suffer....

Below is the undertaking that they were forced to sign before their payment ll b considered...

N/B:no civil servant that retired from Imo civil service has received a kobo in pensions since December 2014!!!

1 Like

Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 08, 2016
RockMaxi:

Read my post gently with an open mind.
I did read your post....The Labour union's are independent...and act as pressure groups to put the govt in check...and cannot be promoted by the govt in any way!

1 Like

Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by RockMaxi: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2016
BADNEAT:
I did read your post....The Labour union's are independent...and act as pressure groups to put the govt in check...and cannot be promoted by the govt in any way!

Whao! Thank God you didn't fall for the bait, I thought you were going to do some nasty posts as a reply. wink

Good point there but it is technically wrong for government and leaders to allow thing to happen on their own. The main purpose of the pressure group may have been hijacked along the line by different political groups "unannounced", thereby being a potential force to serve their interest against the government of the day.
The more reason goverment lobby pressure groups into adopting their policies. Note the process of lobbying takea different forms but it will save the government of the day much opposition if they have grouo leaders that are sympathetic to their course and policies.
We are not talking of anti-people's policies.
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Abagworo(m): 11:05am On Jan 08, 2016
BADNEAT:

N/B:no civil servant that retired from Imo civil service has received a kobo in pensions since December 2014!!!

Another lie. Why did they suddenly stop receiving pensions from December 2014? I don't believe stories from biased people. My friends parents were owed 9 months before being paid last month. I understand not everyone has been paid but you authoritatively claimed no pensioner received a kobo in 2015. Weru ya wayo n'asi asi.
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 08, 2016
Abagworo:

Another lie. Why did they suddenly stop receiving pensions from December 2014? I don't believe stories from biased people. My friends parents were owed 9 months before being paid last month. I understand not everyone has been paid but you authoritatively claimed no pensioner received a kobo in 2015. Weru ya wayo n'asi asi.
the difference between you and I is that you say whatever possible no matter how unfounded, I on the other hand, I won't comment or say what I do not know...the information I just dropped here was even admitted by an aide to Rochas on hot Fm's people assembly....the very same day he said that salary is not a worker's right but a privilege...in defence he claimed they were verifying and soon such pensioners will receive the lump of their pensions and arrears....from December 2014 no civil servant that retired from the civil service has received pensions amidst series of several verification exercise.....My only bias is for the betterment of My state and it's people, ,...I believe nairalanders know between the both of us who has been known to be biased historically....
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Nobody: 11:43am On Jan 08, 2016
The best lobbying is to make sure that you're sincere as regards the general welfare of the workers...the union leaders draw strength from their members and not vice versa
RockMaxi:

Whao! Thank God you didn't fall for the bait, I thought you were going to do some nasty posts as a reply. wink

Good point there but it is technically wrong for government and leaders to allow thing to happen on their own. The main purpose of the pressure group may have been hijacked along the line by different political groups "unannounced", thereby being a potential force to serve their interest against the government of the day.
The more reason goverment lobby pressure groups into adopting their policies. Note the process of lobbying takea different forms but it will save the government of the day much opposition if they have grouo leaders that are sympathetic to their course and policies.
We are not talking of anti-people's policies.
Re: Imo Labour Leaders Apologise To Okorocha Over False Accusations. by Abagworo(m): 12:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
BADNEAT:
the difference between you and I is that you say whatever possible no matter how unfounded, I on the other hand, I won't comment or say what I do not know...the information I just dropped here was even admitted by an aide to Rochas on hot Fm's people assembly....the very same day he said that salary is not a worker's right but a privilege...in defence he claimed they were verifying and soon such pensioners will receive the lump of their pensions and arrears....from December 2014 no civil servant that retired from the civil service has received pensions amidst series of several verification exercise.....My only bias is for the betterment of My state and it's people, ,...I believe nairalanders know between the both of us who has been known to be biased historically....

You will still apologize for your lies

(1) (Reply)

Between Jonathan’s Ebola Fever And Buhari’s Lassa Fever / What Obama Told Nyesom Wike After The SC Judgment (photo) / Why EFCC Is Yet To Prosecute Odili – Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.