Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? (12142 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by fyneguy: 10:20pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

hello, sey you don chop love portion.

your wish is my command ass negro grin

Na so love dey shak me o. If loff enter my head finish, I go throway my income gif her o grin ( chei some chics don dey apply grin)
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by davidif: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2009
Never really thought about this before.

Maybe triple what you already spend on food.

But also think of other things such as
gifts for your wife
flowers
hair and other beauty treatments
entertainment
going out

spending money on your in-laws
family savings
life insurance
unemployment insurance

and in some instances you may need a more practical car for shopping, new baby etc.

@chaircover
Look at this one angry  why not go marry puff daddy, afterall he can afford these things. You might as well have asked for a pony or a trip to the moon. angry angry
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by ourland(m): 1:50am On Jun 18, 2009
Hi,
My humble submission remains that, FAMILY matters
should be private and not for public discussion!

Public discussion could lead to unexpected problem
to your home, so friend, no matter how much you
spend on your wife cannot be compared with her
worth in all aspect(Provided she is a virtuous woman)
of life, so remain calm and work more

God will provide for all your needs and wants!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Busybody2(f): 2:19am On Jun 18, 2009
Heaven helps that man who does not give me equal access to his bank accounts, his credit cards, etc angry angry angry tongue
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by oyinda3(f): 5:20am On Jun 18, 2009
Hmm. . . wives are now like properties one has to maintain?
Sounds degrading to me. Undecided

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed I feel ashamed to be nigerian already
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by moonraker(m): 5:37am On Jun 18, 2009
this sort of question is not necessary,

Love is the main purpose of marriage.

Ofcourse they are some basic responsibilities that need to be shouldered

by a man but anything outside that will have to be out of love not been forced

to do that. the world is changing now.

Marriage is now a team effort. the man and woman works and have a fantastic life

together with what they have earned. forget all those nigerian sense.

P.S this is why nigerian guys are looking for foreign ladies and this is why naija ladies are looking

for white peeps to turn them into mungu.

my 2yen
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 6:39am On Jun 18, 2009
//
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by damola1: 6:55am On Jun 18, 2009
chaircover:

By their words we shall know them.

Thank God I am not married to Puff Daddy but married to a man that totally understands what his role is as a man. My man knows all the things he needs to do to keep the marriage a happy and I know the things I need to do on my side to keep the marriage happy.

I've been happily married for over 10 years so my husband must be doing something right so I really dont care if any one calls him mugu or calls me a piece of furniture or property. At least my mugu makes my piece of furniture happy & vice versa; what is one of the main things we want in life?is it not to be happy?

I keep on forgetting that there are a lot of kids on Nairaland who cant put their money where there mouth is and just yap along. I dont know why I am wasting my time explaining things to people.

enu e le wa yen.

This has little to being childish,  but you can't just turn a man into a money gram or ATM machine, just because you are in a marriage,  I mean,  don't you find the question: " How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month?" absurd,  . but this question is just facing the reality of the damn silly society,  the one that the guys and ladies are groomed to believe in, the concept that, a MAN is meant to blow it all on a WOMAN,

Truly, the concept of love and caring need to change in our society,  it's to be as one's will, being forced ain't funny!!!,

Anywaz,  spending money on a woman is the not the question here, but doin it as a point of job, one even went ahead to say you are now the ATM to the paps, and mams, and in laws, like they got no hands or head, this is the sort of reason why peeps don't like to get involved with broke ass ladies,

I am positive you understand what I mean dear.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by larimo(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2009
Kai! shocked wonders will neva end.

though the question 'appears to sounds innocent',, i think its a degrading and silly one. forgive me, if i sound harsh. angry

how can u qualify your wife, in terms of costs?!? Is she a slave or an object to keep? haba. You should be one with your wife. You could as well as ask ' how many times should I sleep with her in a month'? undecided

I am a man and I think you first need to understand what marriage is all about and who a WIFE is (not girlfriend, lover, mistress, gold-digger, etc) to a man (husband).

He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from God. You will not get that from a slave or an object to keep.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Sissy3(f): 7:38am On Jun 18, 2009
Hmm. . . wives are now like properties one has to maintain?
Sounds degrading to me.

100% agreed. gosh am so embarrassed that this thread even made it to the front page embarassed embarassed embarassed

very embarrassing.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 7:58am On Jun 18, 2009
Busy_body:

Heaven helps that man who does not give me equal access to his bank accounts, his credit cards, etc angry angry angry tongue

ole
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2009
I feel ashamed to be nigerian already
*hiss**
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by C2H5OH(f): 8:27am On Jun 18, 2009
Olaju de lo mu wa ka gbagbe asha idile wa.
Your wife should be an asset, not a liability  grin . Pa Isaac Newton said if you are having to worry too much about wife maintenance as opposed to working together with your wife for family maintenance, then you might want to re-think getting married.

If you play the role of the breadwinner while your woman is the housewife, you should be willing to set aside at least 20,000 naira per month for her runs IMFO.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 8:40am On Jun 18, 2009
Your wife should be an asset, not a liability . Pa Isaac Newton said if you are having to worry too much about wife maintenance as opposed to working together with your wife for family maintenance, then you might want to re-think getting married.

If you play the role of the breadwinner while your woman is the housewife, you should be willing to set aside at least 20,000 naira per month for her runs IMFO.
correct!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by oyinda3(f): 8:42am On Jun 18, 2009
C2H5OH:

Your wife should be an asset, not a liability  grin . Pa Isaac Newton said if you are having to worry too much about wife maintenance as opposed to working together with your wife for family maintenance, then you might want to re-think getting married.

yeah i will have to agree with you for the first time
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by sirt1(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2009
@ poster

Taking care or maintaining someone you  love is a privilege and honor as somebody has rightly said. Also, the bible made us to understand that any man that can not provide for his family is more than an infidel!!!!!!

What matters here is the love that propel both of u in times of surplus and scarcity. Also, the ability of the wife to be appreciative by not seeing whatever you give as ur duty but privilege on her part to be taken care of. I know many ladies may not like this, but that is just the truth and it has to be spoken.

But then, I do wonder on something! Care to know?

When it comes to taken care of ur girlfriend/ wife, our women see it as the duty of men and once u failed in this so called duty, the language is " not man enough" However, when it is the turn of the wife/girlfriend to reciprocate the gesture of the boyfriend/husband by doing some shores for him, may be doing washing for him, then the language changed to " not been the slave but rather help mate"

Why this?

I'm not saying women should be taken for granted, but try to show some appreciation by being true help mate in practice and not on papers

Sincere opinions are welcome. Tell the whole house ( guys/gals) how you have been fearing in your relationship. No hard feelings please!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by emmydee(m): 10:32am On Jun 18, 2009
this certainly depends on how much u earn. period!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jun 18, 2009
//
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Flakky26(f): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2009
Depending on so many factors i.e total income,taste,need and the type of woman in question
You dont have to spend certain money on her every month,it could be every 2 or 3 month
women are not as expensive to fend for like that particularly if she is destined for you,but dont get me wrong you need to have a stable source of income in marriage.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
y una dey voke? the man wants to be able to plan. what's wrong with that? damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. his question is one i hear a lot. many guys say they don't want to marry a wife and ask her to drink garri cos he can't afford anything else, or didn't plan it adequately. they want to get a better job b4 they marry because it would break their heart to be unable to provide what she needs. leave him be. if u get answer, answer am.

@ poster: with a combined income, not more than triple (triple cos u'll be entertaining her friends too) what u spend on house keeping alone i think.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
y una dey voke? the man wants to be able to plan. what's wrong with that? damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. his question is one i hear a lot. many guys say they don't want to marry a wife and ask her to drink garri cos he can't afford anything else, or didn't plan it adequately. they want to get a better job b4 they marry because it would break their heart to be unable to provide what she needs. leave him be. if u get answer, answer am.
may God bless you well well
u get sense
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Moyola(f): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ topic
undecided

Tkb!!
watzup?!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 18, 2009
//
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by HotSturvs1: 2:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
Is a wife now some kind of property to be maintained Bros na wa o! No wonder some ppl liken wives to liabilities these days
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by codedguy1(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
Hot Sturvs:

Is a wife now some kind of property to be maintained Bros na wa o! No wonder some ppl liken wives to liabilities these days

Why dont you just shut up if u dont have anything meaningful to contribute. The guy is trying to plan so that he can make sure his priced asset is well taken care of. You are turning it to regarding women as properties.

Some women wouldn't mind being properties as long as the guy takes care of their every need.

The poster is probably trying to gauge worst case scenario based on his income. If she works then, i guess for him its an added advantage, because he probably wont struggle to get somethings for the wife cos she would say "Darling, dont bother about this this and that, i got it covered"
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ topic

Tkb!!
watzup?!
hey gurl wassup

where have u been?
missed u loads wink

Why dont you just shut up if u dont have anything meaningful to contribute. The guy is trying to plan so that he can make sure his priced asset is well taken care of. You are turning it to regarding women as properties.

Some women wouldn't mind being properties as long as the guy takes care of their every need.

The poster is probably trying to gauge worst case scenario based on his income. If she works then, i guess for him its an added advantage, because he probably wont struggle to get somethings for the wife cos she would say "Darling, dont bother about this this and that, i got it covered"
grin grin my main man coded
how far? no mind dem jare
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by codedguy1(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
tkb417:

grin grin my main man coded
how far? no mind dem jare

Ma guy, i dey jare.
Just could not resist replying that post.

If the guy cant provide for the babe, he is then labelled an Infidel, abi na "worse than an infidel"

Now the guy wan plan, them don turn the question to something else.

God Dey sha grin grin
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Itohan123,
You speak of a wife as if you're referring to a furniture or car to be
'maintained'. I think you missed the point right from the start.
Your wife should be an asset, rather than a liability. If she's not
an asset to you, there are various ways you can make her one. But
for you to sit down there and start dreading the 'cost' of maintaining
a wife who is a liability of your own making, that is not good enough.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Johnnny(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
shocked shocked shocked

Dis one don turn wife to car or furniture wey he go maintain

Na wa o tongue
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by emiemi(f): 4:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
Quote from Sundaynig

Don't worry please dont calculate the cost of keeping ur wife.
you also have to calculate the cost of keeping ur wife and her family also like (Father,Mother,4 Brothers & 6 Sisters)
So you are thinking of keeping a wife please be aware of other hidden cost as well before you end urself into trouble.

[b]Please take advice from as many people you can take coz once decided cannot be change[/b]d and you will face this entire ur life

Lol, that's naija way bo. Banks, churches, societies and schools av 'em too.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by loyeruope: 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
I find it ludicrous that someone posted that I have to pay to touch, caress etc. Women ENJOY these things more than we men. I have seen enough girls with bad boys and when I dig deep to why they still hang on to these losers (as the women like to call them), it all boils down to good sex. The guy gives them good sex and so nothing else matters. sad

In this day and age where women are crying and shouting for equality, I wouldn't even bother to think of how much it costs to keep her, since we are "equal" then we should equally share responsibilities too. If she wants me to take care of her then she must renounce her oath of equality!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by larry209: 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2009
@topic
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Brother Raped My 11 Years Old House Help / Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves / Are Mothers Better Parents Than Fathers?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.