Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,856 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 PM

How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? (12118 Views)

Man Disappeared Just A Month To His Wedding (photo) / My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Tips To Keeping A Good African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by RichyBlacK(m): 4:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
Interesting question. Using budget data from different colleges in the U.S. for additional income necessary to support a spouse, the range varies from $3,200 per annum (University of Iowa) to $6,000 per annum (University of Colorado at Boulder).

Using an average cost of $4,500 per annum, the monthly additional cost for supporting a spouse comes to $375.

In Nigeria, $375 per month is about N60,000 per month.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by origina9ja(f): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2009
tori kini
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 4:46pm On Jun 17, 2009
If ur salary na 60K as most civil servants earn in Nigeria??
then following my formula, u'll give her 18k out of the 60k

u cant give more than what you have
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by jaybee3(m): 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2009
tkb417:

~ill give my wife 10% of my income for her pocket per month
~another 10% for house upkeeping
~another 10% for food and drinks in the house

Thats 30% of my income aside the 10% that im gonna give God

im left with 60% for rent, my car, clothings, investment and others

its really expensive to keep a wife but i dont mind.
Just make sure you earn big or earn from multiple places
Bruv, your future wife is going to be one very lucky woman. I guess you can only afford to do all listed in Nigeria (i doubt you will be able to manage your wages' percentage distribution in the western world).

On another note though, what do you expect from her in return?
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2009
Bruv, your future wife is going to be one very lucky woman. I guess you can only afford to do all listed in Nigeria (i doubt you will be able to manage your wages' percentage distribution in the western world).

On another note though, what do you expect from her in return?

Chief, i chose to live here o cos i know i wont survive over there.
You guys are trying sha grin

what do i expect from my wife?
good food at all times and also proper house keeping.
Nothing more
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by AloyEmeka9: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
Hmm. . . wives are now like properties one has to maintain?
Sounds degrading to me
Me too.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by bubblegum(f): 5:34pm On Jun 17, 2009
ill giv my wife dis n dat,
10% out of my income, 
10 % for food, another
30% for juice, bla bla bla
ya'll shud wait till then b4 sayin it
plus
  im nt his property, dnt need him to maintain me
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by itumama: 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2009
Hey guys all you need to baffle yourself about is how to pray to GOD to provide for you so as to perform your role as a husband,so comtemplating on how much you spend wil not sort tins out.it is just a duty you have to me perform so you dont have choice.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 5:57pm On Jun 17, 2009
ill giv my wife dis n dat,
10% out of my income,  
10 % for food, another
30% for juice, bla bla bla
ya'll shud wait till then b4 sayin it
plus
 im nt his property, dnt need him to maintain me

the thread says how much will you apportion to ur wifeys upkeep and i answered
no one has said ure a piece of wood to be polished, ok.
if guys come out to say the opposite, ure the first that will come out to say the guys are stingy

madam, leave story
btw, hw is Griffith?
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 17, 2009
I hate these threads that treat women as if they were some properties. Gosh, I am even more disgusted seeing ladies here helping these sick males with their calculations. Is that what you think you are? A piece of furniture that needs to be maintained by a man?

angry angry Appalling!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by SisiJinx: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2009
Lmao @"keeping a wife" cheesy

Ya trying to bribe her from leaving? tongue

1 Like

Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
//
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 7:42pm On Jun 17, 2009
this is a thread for an open discussion on how u fend for ur wife!

i think comprehension is a problem on this thread if not, anybody in his/her right senses will not call a man sick for 'calculating' hw much hes spending on his wife

nyways, anything gives on the net
asinine posts will be appreciated too

retards!

dont get it. What was wrong in the poster asking how much extra he should earmark each month to ensure that he is able to properly fend for his wife financially.

Double standards I say; women are offended by the question but no one wants to marry a poor man, a tight man or a gigolo!

At least the man is thinking of going into marriage knowing that he is going to have to increase his spending because he now has responsibilities. Whats wrong with that.

My husband spends on me . . . . and No I am not one of his properties.
good this is comin from a lady
the unnecessary outbursts from some explains the reasons why we have anarchy in some homes

can u really draw parallels betwen this convo and treating a woman like a piece of furniture?
some ar brain damaged
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2009
Hmm. . . wives are now like properties one has to maintain?
Sounds degrading to me. Undecided

This is coming from a man!
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by bawomolo(m): 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2009
Double standards I say; women are offended by the question but no one wants to marry a poor man, a tight man or a gigolo!

are you surprised?

the same ones screaming independence are the ones offended by the thought of helping pay for a wedding.

as per the thread. no set amount should be put on a woman. Who says the woman can't even afford it herself.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 7:56pm On Jun 17, 2009
This is coming from a man!
That is self explanatory
The man does not see the need to apportion anything to take care of his wife. Its his choice

as for me, its taking care of my wife as opposed to wife maintenance

are you surprised?

the same ones screaming independence are the ones offended by the thought of helping pay for a wedding.

as per the thread. no set amount should be put on a woman. Who says the woman can't even afford it herself.
ure correct
the figures are just trying to add some imagery to the exercise.

even if my wife is rich enuff, im still obligated to my duties as the head of the house grin grin grin grin
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2009
//
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 17, 2009
chaircover:

Thats what I was trying to say.

I can more than afford to look after myself, but I still want to give my husband the oppourtunity to be a man. Men are programmed to look after women and I dont want to take that away from him.

Better log off before the feminists catch hold of me grin

Them be robot? At the end of the day everyone must fend for themselves. Widows, divorcess and single mothers know that.

It's not about being feminists but it's being realistic. Why pretend you can't, when you can even without him?
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2009
Them be robot? At the end of the day everyone must fend for themselves. Widows, divorcess and single mothers know that.

It's not about being feminists but it's being realistic. Why pretend you can't, when you can even without him
?
na wa for u sef
wetin?
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2009
tkb417:

?
na wa for u sef
wetin?

I dey write my own oo. Shey na debate we dey debate? grin
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 8:23pm On Jun 17, 2009
I dey write my own oo. Shey na debate we dey debate?
i don dey fear u. wetin?
u wont allow a man to take care of u cos u have money
shior grin

just kidding.
Its ur opinion and i dont have any reason not to take it.
my own is that i must take care of ma wife
simple
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by fyneguy: 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2009
I'll give her 100% of my income undecided
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 8:27pm On Jun 17, 2009
say wetin happen?
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 17, 2009
tkb417:

say wetin happen?

Stingy man! It's either you give all, or you give none! grin
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by bawomolo(m): 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
even if my wife is rich enuff, im still obligated to my duties as the head of the house

gender roles are overrated.  

michelin89:

It's not about being feminists but it's being realistic. Why pretend you can't, when you can even without him?

thank you, the concept of a man being the provider was during the time of one-income households.

women work now.  I don't think some of you women know what you really want in a relationship.  Sometimes you want equality and sometimes you want an alpha male.

wtf
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by bawomolo(m): 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
fyneguy:

I'll give her 100% of my income undecided

hello, sey you don chop love portion.

your wish is my command ass negro grin
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by TOPE20001(f): 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2009
bawomolo:

hello, sey you don chop love portion.

your wish is my command ass negro grin
Rofl, leave the boy alone tongue
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by tkb417(m): 8:37pm On Jun 17, 2009
michelin89:

Stingy man! It's either you give all, or you give none! grin
thank you. I never chop loff portion

gender roles are overrated.

thats how i want it abi wetin be ur own grin
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by kanayo74(m): 8:49pm On Jun 17, 2009
Every thing depends.
i ) how much u earn
ii) how prudent you are
iii) how prudent your wife is.
iv) what constitue her basic needs ( these very per individual. a need to someone might be want to another person)
V)how large the family is
vii) and any other thing that might be impromptu.

spend based on what you earn not forgeting the rainy day

No one can give u a stated Amount
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by lojik(m): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2009
Well, i think it has to be agreed upon by both parties.There has to be a minimum but no maximum.

My wife and i agreed on the minimum amount for house keeping and feeding based on my salary. I still buy gifts, take her out e.t.c but the minimum pay makes all these extra expenses a luxury not a responsibility as it would have been without the agreement.

She has her business and makes her money but i try not 2 bother myself on how she spends her pay.
Re: How Much Does Keeping A Wife Cost A Month? by damola1: 9:45pm On Jun 17, 2009
when I was in pry skool, sec. skool, uni, and even at work, women are there, we collect same salary, a lot even collect more than I do,

Why should I in the first place fend for another woman,

A stupid dude above was saying, pay for the kiss, pay for the touching,  rubbish!!!!,  I mean, women enjoy these things more than we do, they just understand men cannot hold it, and take advantage of their RUSH,  women,  want these things, need these touching and kissing, so for God's sake, we are both satisfying each other!!!!!!,  if a lady doesn't want you, she'll tell you!!!!

Now overall, God loves a cheerful giver, I repeat, cheerful giver, if I earn: 50k,  and like someone said above, buy fuel in her car, just out of the thought, and she also buys me chocolate,  then cool,  we are in love,  I do this things out of desire to show I care, not because I must,  crappy, huckpish, Rubbish!!!!, 

Damn!!!!!,  na me sabi work abi,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tribal Mark On Your Child. Don't Laugh / Ways To Teach Kids To Believe In Themselves / I Caught My Wife With My Landlord In Bed!! Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.