Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,719 members, 7,809,732 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers (12455 Views)

Man Sacked By His Boss After He Refused To Sleep With His Wife / BREAKING: Senate Ask MOUAU VC, Otunta To Recall Sacked Workers / Lacasera Yet To Recall 700 Dismissed Workers In Spite Of Court’s Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Islie: 12:09pm On Jan 08, 2016
micheal oche

There are indications that the Federal Government may consider the recall of sacked Universities staff school workers as a solution to end the two- week old strike embarked upon by the Senior Staff Association of Nigeria Universities (SSANU).

It would be recalled that SSANU had embarked on a strike action since December 24, 2015 alleging that about 2,000 universities staff school workers were affected by a circular from the government to vice chancellors of universities to remove the names of the workers from the government pay roll.

SSANU had argued that the union in 2009 entered into agreement with the Federal Government on the subject matter, adding that removing the names of the workers of the universities staff schools was going contrary to the agreement.

LEADERSHIP, however, gathered that the Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, held meeting with the SSANU leadership at an undisclosed hotel in Abuja on Sunday on how to resolve the problem.

A source privy to the meeting, disclosed that the Education minister had indicated the willingness to ensure that the strike was called off, but SSANU insisted that the termination letters to its members should be withdrawn before it could suspend the strike.

It was gathered that the minister had promised to consult with the necessary stakeholders involved in taking decisions on the matter, including the Budget Office and the National Universities Commission (NUC) before giving any concrete answer.

www.leadership.ng/news/489932/ssanu-strike-fg-recall-sacked-2000-varsity-staff-school-workers

lalasticlala
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by madridguy(m): 12:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
Good move.
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
Better for them
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Amuzfat(m): 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice move
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by PassingShot(m): 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice development.
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Kangol99(m): 2:10pm On Jan 08, 2016
grin
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by JaredNomak: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Influence of Wailing Wailers cool.

They say we don't have a say, but they're succumbing to our wailing one by one..

6 Likes

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by MzPecs(f): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Zombies be chanting, "nice move", "nice development" same thing they said when the said workers were sacked!
I laugh! cheesy cheesy

...why did they sack them at first? undecided
Unnecessary publicity stunt!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Sijo01(f): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
FG nor get choice than to recall them na else them for face industrial unrest.

1 Like

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by VickyRotex(f): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Great developpement!
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Boroba: 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
Nice move sir. We have a listening President

1 Like

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Smartsyn(m): 2:11pm On Jan 08, 2016
This is becoming a trend in Nigeria. Sacking and recalling.

Meanwhile before you start shouting 'change'. Take note of the words "consider" and "consult". It can take forever to do those..

3 Likes

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Artless360(m): 2:12pm On Jan 08, 2016
Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz....
Muslims are not terrorist....
Bac to d topic...
Nice move....

1 Like

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by HonourablePomk: 2:16pm On Jan 08, 2016
Please do so
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by GlassDoc: 2:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
re
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by GlassDoc: 2:21pm On Jan 08, 2016
read....the minister's decision is taking too long. Some of us have been victimised by the two weeks strike...the earlier they call it off the better..
https://www.nairaland.com/2848885/ssanu-nasu-strike-thorn-flesh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by easyfem(m): 2:22pm On Jan 08, 2016
It doesn't make sense.... Where the money goes to when the school earn millions money.... Eg, futa secondary school fees is high... Do they give it back to federal govt

1 Like

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by kirchofff(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
I think my president is confused

2 Likes

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by ProdigyLoco(m): 2:23pm On Jan 08, 2016
my school went on strike today.. because of d incompetent dullard

3 Likes

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by onyxo76(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
The FG has cannot just sack any University worker except for gross misconduct. Your appointment letter after 2 years of initial probation will read 'confirmation of appointment till age of retirement'. If for any reason, there is a reason to scrap a particular department due to non performance or lack of funds, the workers involved in such units are to be redeployed to other units.

1 Like

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by realGURU(m): 2:30pm On Jan 08, 2016
Next
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by ipledge10(m): 2:31pm On Jan 08, 2016
MzPecs:
Zombies be chanting, "nice move", "nice development" same thing they said when the said workers were sacked!
I laugh! cheesy cheesy

...why did they sack them at first? undecided
Unnecessary publicity stunt!
who are the zombies
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by oshe11: 2:32pm On Jan 08, 2016
this govt is the pure definition of backwardness, as in take 3 steps backward and a step forward......... Before You quote me think abt Subsidy, Budget, this, et al

2 Likes

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Artless360:
Juma'at kareem to ol my Muslim brodaz nd sistaz....
Muslims are not terrorist....
Bac to d topic...
Nice move....

But terrorists are Muslims

Edited

The poster above has already spoken my mind. Let me get back yo my work

1 Like

Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Pavore9: 2:46pm On Jan 08, 2016
I can imagine the joy in their households!!
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Samcathe: 2:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
I pray for this country
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 08, 2016
JaredNomak:
Influence of Wailing Wailers cool.

They say we don't have a say, but they're succumbing to our wailing one by one..

Am not sure it is a good idea.

The University system is for all intents and purposes broke. The Government has increased spending, but for the money to be enough, fees in our universities have to be raised properly, so that our universities would have enough money to run everything.....including university staff schools.

At the moment.....there is no sign of the extra money promised universities in 2009....and oil prices have fallen. This means that eventually, fees in our universities would have to be raised to meet costs.......or the newly rehired teachers start taking salary cuts.
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by MzPecs(f): 3:13pm On Jan 08, 2016
ipledge10:
who are the zombies
Don't tell me you're of them. embarassed
Re: FG To Recall Sacked 2000 Varsity Staff School Workers by Artless360(m): 3:17pm On Jan 08, 2016
OldJohn:

But terrorists are Muslims

Edited

The poster above has already spoken my mind. Let me get back yo my work
Islam our pride Der fear.... U ar entitle to ur opinion....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? / How Much Will It Cost To Start A Music Career In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.