Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? (67575 Views)

Court Order Now Prerequisite For Release Of BVN - CBN / Top 5 Millionaires Who Made Their Money Online And How They Did It / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by sasquareT(m): 8:05am On Jul 05, 2016
Lovelynature:
Not yet bro. I'm still using the old name as that's not my priority now. I'll be considering that soon when I get a valid ID Card with the new name.

What effort have you made so far regarding your decision?
I sworn Affidavit yesterday with d newspaper publication
all my documents and ID card are reading my new name except for my old national ID card which bear d name am changing from...pls can you send me a copy of your letter if you still have it ....you can just snap and send it via my watssap no...08136340849.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 8:59am On Jul 05, 2016
sasquareT:

all my documents and ID card are reading my new name except for my old national ID card which bear d name am changing from...pls can you send me a copy of your letter if you still have it ....you can just snap and send it via my watssap no...08136340849.
I can't find the letter presently. So I'll soon be composing another one.

You can search the google: ''Letter of change of name with bank''. Seems I have come across something like that before. Copy from the letter online, remove some words and add yours to make it look unique.

Though I may still send you a copy if the letter is found.

I think a valid ID Card bearing the new name is very much needed.

Hope your bank promised to change it for you before you embark on the procedures?

Mine is Fidelity Bank first before taking it to GT Bank.

And it's better done at the branch where the account is opened
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Lovelynature(m): 1:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
sasquareT:

I plan to acquire some properties with my new name just that I'm afraid if bank refuse to change the name it may cause confusion at some points. I'm processing a new national ID Card to change mine soon. Have you completed the requirements? Has yours been rectified yet?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Youngtrice(m): 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
Flixster:
Regards to everyone here ..who will be reading my issues on Bvn Stuff
Today makes it 2months in which have not being able to withdraw from my Account just because i had different date of birth due to the mistake from the GTb where i did my registration, all document required by them have being submitted i just dont kw what is causing this delay
Kindly advice me out pls friends
Bro I'm having the same issue with GTB right now. they used wrong DOB and name. Its more than a month now and no correction has been made. how long did it take for them to finally correct yours?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Youngtrice(m): 11:28pm On Nov 20, 2016
lodphil:
Am also having the same problem.My BVN date of birth and name are both wrong,though have sworn affidavit and also gotten a drivers license,but don't know whether both can be used to correct the mistakes.
Please when you went to correct yours how long did it take before it was corrected.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Youngtrice(m): 11:31pm On Nov 20, 2016
homesteady:
Today makes it exactly one month since I applied for BVN information correction and it is yet to be rectified.
I did my BVN registration with Access bank and they filled a wrong date of birth. So on trying to link it with my Diamond bank account, I was told it can't be linked because of the different dates of birth.
I went to Access bank, they said I should bring my birth certificate and wait for 7 working days.

It's now one month and it has not been rectified, I still can't withdraw from my account!

Please who went through this kind of issue and how did you go about it.

lalasticlala.
Please was it later corrected?? and how long did it take. I'm having same issue now. its been a month
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by GregJo: 9:19am On Nov 24, 2016
Youngtrice:
Please was it later corrected?? and how long did it take. I'm having same issue now. its been a month

After submitting the necessary documents, it didn't take up to a week to change it all.

Gtbank were very fast in the process. I changed my names!!!
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Youngtrice(m): 12:53pm On Nov 24, 2016
GregJo:

After submitting the necessary documents, it didn't take up to a week to change it all.

They finally changed my name after about a month. They still haven't changed my date of birth.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by micxwell(m): 8:43am On Jun 16, 2017
Omolola1:

Oh okay...I would do it today then
Hi, how are you? Were you able to completely rectify the BVN ish last year? I,ll appreciate if you can share the details. Just discovered that my SURNAME was completely omitted. Thanks
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by JoyousMum2016: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
Its 5 months now that FCMB block my husband salary account because of spelling mistake of his name. Please how long does this take?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:56am On Mar 23, 2018
david22uu:

mine took 7 days.. stanbic
when it was corrected, were you alerted through SMS or you went to bank to confirm?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by david22uu(m): 3:52pm On Mar 23, 2018
adeniyisamuel59:
when it was corrected, were you alerted through SMS or you went to bank to confirm?

Noppp, I just asked and it was correct
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by micxwell(m): 9:37am On Aug 13, 2018
GregJo:

What documents did you use bro, I have my Affidavit and International passport now. My problem; I go by the name AKINOLA, OLAWALE MICHAEL but the fool that filled in my name for BVN used just OLAWALE, MICHAEL. Surname was completely omitted.
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by CaSttLe(m): 10:22pm On Jun 27, 2020
Pls can we reawaken this thread pls.
If u have applied through first bank how long did they take..they actually told me 7 days. Was it same for anyone here?
I want to apply for npower and i need to revalidate my Bvn before applying.

1 Like

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Cousiim: 11:52pm On Jun 28, 2020
CaSttLe:
Pls can we reawaken this thread pls.
If u have applied through first bank how long did they take..they actually told me 7 days. Was it same for anyone here?
I want to apply for npower and i need to revalidate my Bvn before applying.
Same here, the idiot that registered me for bvn rearranged my names and added 3 years to my age. Now I think it’s going to affect my registration with NPOWER
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by makjo900: 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2021
GregJo:

What are the necessary documents you submitted?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by xclusive43(m): 4:16pm On Jul 08, 2021
makjo900:

Hi, I wanted to ask you some questions about your Acura, I requested to mail you, I'd appreciate if you can respond. Thanks
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Nezzjnr: 5:10pm On Jul 08, 2021
makjo900:

Get an affidavit from a local government... A newspaper publication and a Valid ID CARD bearing the name you want it to be changed to.

Hope this helps
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by makjo900: 8:27pm On Jul 12, 2021
xclusive43:

Hi, I wanted to ask you some questions about your Acura, I requested to mail you, I'd appreciate if you can respond. Thanks

What year and variant is the Acura?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by ChineMAN: 10:00am On Oct 07, 2021
I had the same issue but it took approximately 7 days after I submitted ID, court affidavit and letter for them to rectify it (first bank)
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Kingray10: 5:31am On Oct 15, 2021
I did change of bvn name on uba I was told it would take 24 hours. Before it will take effect. It's been the third day, now. Still no effect.
And someone money is in my gtb account and the account is blocked right now. Is there a possible way I could access the fund ?

1 Like

Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by MJBOLT: 9:52am On Apr 01, 2022
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by brizziedos(m): 8:54am On Apr 30, 2022
david22uu:

mine took 7 days.. stanbic
Was the required details later change?? I have the same problem now
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Adeyhorla: 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2022
Please who knows how rearrangement of name is done at access bank and how long it takes?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Kenechukwu98: 9:02am On Jul 12, 2022
Same issue with wema bank..im going asaba almost every week no branch here in owerri, I enrolled the bvn at uniben..they said I should get a notarized affidavit with red seal for the change of name and year of birth, newspaper publication and national Id card..omo those affidavit don cost me up to 15k alone + others..
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by homesteady(m): 12:01pm On Aug 16, 2022
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by brizziedos(m): 1:37pm On Nov 07, 2022
homesteady:
Was your own later rectified?
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by Holarenwaju5: 6:53am On Jan 05
Pls how long does it take Cbn to reticfy BVN total name change my name was written as ojo Rachael funke and my actual name is ganiu akeem seun it been over 3month i submit affividat , police report,new publication and it as not been change by cbn
Re: BVN Information Error Correction; How Long Did It Take? by ForeverSaved(m): 3:26pm On Jan 09
Holarenwaju5:
Pls how long does it take Cbn to reticfy BVN total name change my name was written as ojo Rachael funke and my actual name is ganiu akeem seun it been over 3month i submit affividat , police report,new publication and it as not been change by cbn

Hello bro. How did you do this?.

What are the requirements?.

I did not like the names given to me and what they mean. I had to change them with the consent of my elder brother and Master, though am a full grown adult.

Ive done all the affidavit, Newspaper, publication and effected in NIMC (NIN), but my bank has refused to update my BVN to correspond to the new names.

How did you do yours, Were you told what to do?.

Please let me know. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Comparing The Nigerian Naira And The Benin Republic Cefa / Paddy Adenuga Has A Message For Ladies Sliding Into His DM / Dynamics Intelligence Shuts Operations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.