Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,572 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) (54043 Views)

Okonjo-iweala With IMF Boss, Christine Lagarde (photos) / Christine Lagarde With Nigerian Children In New Photo / Buhari With Christine Lagarde At Aso Rock Villa + Details Of What Was Discussed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Remii(m): 8:16am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:
This is why there is no hope for our economy, with the obvious inferiority complex I am seeing in the second picture, I weep for my country.
what inferiority complex, you show picture of one welcoming, the other at a conference/press briefing and you are talking of comparison? smh. all these NOI hang over is nonsense, someone that couldn't manage $100/bbl oil that had to borrow to pay salary only few month when oil price dropped is not Nigeria friendly economist in my opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by texazzpete(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2016
Why are we even judging with pictures when we have the benefit of historical fact?

One (kemi) is yet to prove herself
The other (NOI) joined in making bad decisions for our economy and made yams available for goats without much of a struggle.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by abysirius(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2016
NOI is overrated! This Dansukigate rubbish happened under her watch yet she remains the most beautiful thing that has happened to Nigeria as belive by some hypocritical fools #SMH

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 09, 2016
Apples and oranges! These useless iPod youths your miseries has not started. Una go cry tire. IMF and Okonjo stood by while our economy was ravaged by Jonathan and his cowboys. IMF has never been our friends, they're not to be trusted.

Abeg, Buhari fire on. If they try any nonsense Burantashi them! Frog-eyed thieves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 8:18am On Jan 09, 2016
Sunnyade01:
One is butt-licker, dick-sucker who sold her heart and race to the white men..

The other is an African woman who is on a serious rescue mission.
How do you know
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by bigtt76(f): 8:19am On Jan 09, 2016
Ngozi was the over-confident one. Running her mouth without listening to the other party (IMF Boss). Same reason why she couldn't warn her clueless Oga when they were sharing dollars for vote.

Adeosun on the other is quite attentive and hardly heard running her mouth. She may look intimidated but I bet you she's raring to go full cylinders in carving a name for herself in the government. How she does this is her business. If she like make she nor recommend the sack of that clueless CBN governor on time, economy will shutdown by March 2016.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by jolaoguntope: 8:20am On Jan 09, 2016
I'd rather have her called all sorts of names and get results than continue having another with no positive changes
[color=#770077][/color][b][/b]
LoveMachine:

It's amazing how you could gather all that from a single picture. Let us be serious. NOI was talking to someone who was seated which naturally gives off the illusion of supremacy. Whereas Adeosun is being photographed in the background. The foreshortening of IMF Boss gives her a bigger stance in the second shot. Adeosun will do just fine. I'm mad about her relaxing her hair and not wearing it in its natural beautiful state but that's a discussion for another day.

All in all Naija will be fine. Peace.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by deyemia: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2016
[size=14pt]Nigerians especially the easterners no matter what is happening before their eyes will never praise or commend this government. Although there are some other not so deep thinkers that have no clue what is happening. As for Okonjo Iweala, Americans will love her as long as they are living their dreams at the expense of the common masses in this country. Currently America's stock exchange has dropped by 6% which has not happend in years and I'm sure Nigeria economic policies have affect them.

The visit of IMF boss to tell us to make the current economic policy a temporary measure is unconnected with that. I come to Nairaland and see people saying things to make me wonder if some Nigerians even want to live a better life or just want to remain psycophants to the politicians that put them in the mess they are in. Okonjo Iweala did very well dont get me wrong but in a very wrong team, she could have prevented dasukigate but instead aided it.

Adeosun is also here to do her own bit and its for the future of Nigerians, if you are criticizing her and compating her with NOI at this time, you have a big problem.[/size]

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by JayJustus(m): 8:21am On Jan 09, 2016
Duru1:
Kemi Adeosun looked completely lost as Nigeria in that picture. Nigeria is a forgettable joke.

you're an unforgettable joke
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jan 09, 2016
princeade86:
. Can u tell me how she destroy economy? Do u knw implication of economy destroyed?

*yawns*

Shouldn't you be in school at this hour?

Ermmm...how old are you?
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by mrDennis(m): 8:27am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Look at her body language, see how she folded her arms and leaned forward, see her stealing side looks at the IMF boss, she is not even bold enough to give her a proper side glance. Now take a look at the first picture, see the confidence in Madam Ngozi, notice how she looks at the IMF boss straight in the eyes, heck, it seems like she's even talking down to her.

for you to compare TWO. pics of TOTALLY different settings is amazing .
those 2. pics of NOI. show her welcoming our pseudo colonial masters whle the others show MRs ADEOSUN. and our colonial masters representative obviously in a press conference .

DO YOU EXPECT LAUGHS WHEN SERIOUS MATTERS ARE BEING. discussed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by poseidon12: 8:27am On Jan 09, 2016
jonathanOz:
We've longed for young blood in the system. Lets give these ministers a chance, especially this young one

We need a seasoned economist that can help us out of the mess we are in right now. This is no time to try inexperienced hands as far as the economy is concerned.
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Adminisher: 8:30am On Jan 09, 2016
dunkem21:
grin Compare and contrast critically in terms of carriage, charisma, assertiveness, attentiveness, body language, eye contact ..

Click Share for NOI ..

Click Like for Kemi ..

This Kemi woman never compares herself with NOI. NOI would be her senior on many levels. I think she may turn out to be the best Finance minister in history however. The tax administration and revenue generation assurance she will leave for Nigeria would be second to none.

2 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by mrDennis(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2016
deyemia:
[size=14pt]Nigerians especially the easterners no matter what is happening before their eyes will never praise or commend this government. Although there are some other not so deep thinkers that have no clue what is happening. As for Okonjo Iweala, Americans will love her as long as they are living their dreams at the expense of the common masses in this country. Currently America's stock exchange has dropped by 6% which has not happend in years and I'm sure Nigeria economic policies have affect them.

The visit of IMF boss to tell us to make the current economic policy a temporary measure is unconnected with that. I come to Nairaland and see people saying things to make me wonder if some Nigerians even want to live a better life or just want to remain psycophants to the politicians that put them in the mess they are in. Okonjo Iweala did very well dont get me wrong but in a very wrong team, she could have prevented dasukigate but instead aided it.

Adeosun is also here to do her own bit and its for the future of Nigerians, if you are criticizing her and compating her with NOI at this time, you have a big problem.[/size]

nice write up... Nigerians are like a poor man who being so used to hunger begins to feel feverish because he ate 3 days a day (since his body system has to readjust)

I have never seen any country that has been uplifted by imf policies before. , in fact America n European dominance is founded on impoverishment of other continents...
imagine them telling us to devalue our currency ... lol
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by teadrake(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2016
How does this solve Nigeria problems??
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 8:37am On Jan 09, 2016
poseidon12:

We need a seasoned economist that can help us out of the mess we are in right now. This is no time to try inexperienced hands as far as the economy is concerned.

Yes, we need quiet and incorruptible people. Not loud two-timing sell-outs like Okonjo, who stood by at Nigeria's funeral inspite of her pedigree.

3 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by izzieman: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2016
Ngozi is part of the system. The IMF and destroying third world economies- Welcome Ngozi, my fellow Gamer. The younger Lady knows the game plan and is rightfully suspicious of the IMF Gamer. - Adeosun is like Mrs. IMF - No think say we go accept anything wen una talk like before o!

7 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by temijay17: 8:39am On Jan 09, 2016
EternalTruths:

You mean a minister Tinubu forced on Buhari only to get outsmarted by Buhari

Look at the link below and you will see that the minister is not in charge but a mere figurehead

https://www.nairaland.com/2848777/buharis-budget-consolidation-coruption-remi

we all know you PDP are hurting because you list the election and apc is winning. if u like keep whining. na the woman go dey there till 2023 and na buhari go dey there till 2023. so haters gonna die and get buried in unmarked graves while the world moves on.

2 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by hmohammed(m): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2016
Most Nigerians are fools. Is it not the same IMF that has killed Africa. Better wise up and be smart

2 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by plainol(m): 8:45am On Jan 09, 2016
It baffles me the level of thinking of some Nigerians irrespective of party affiliation.

It's so irritating. I now see why we have not moved forward.

I still remember Jonathan in one of his campaigns say "pdp governors have one of the best presidential Lodges in the country". Since then, I lost hope in both our leaders and it's followers cos some youths applauded that unfortunate statement.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2016
Zoharariel:
Picture 1 - [PDP] Ngozi to Lagarde:- Honourable Satan; I have carried out your instruction and the project to destabilize the Nigerian economy is on course. I have already announced the fake economic statistics as directed by the IMF & Worldbank. Infact, President Jonathan in his clueless & drunken state sends his regards.

Picture 2 - [APC] Kemi's thoughts towards Lagarde:- The odour oozing out of this vampire is unbearable. Just look at her filthy hand. I'm sure she just wiped her ass without washing it. Pls hurry up with your useless speech & fly back to your coven before your stench makes me puke. grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:

Look at her body language, see how she folded her arms and leaned forward, see her stealing side looks at the IMF boss, she is not even bold enough to give her a proper side glance. Now take a look at the first picture, see the confidence in Madam Ngozi, notice how she looks at the IMF boss straight in the eyes, heck, it seems like she's even talking down to her.
Mumu jobless people

So how has her stupĂ­d bold relationship with the imf blabla helped Nigeria's economy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by dunkem21(m): 8:48am On Jan 09, 2016
Adminisher:

This Kemi woman never compares herself with NOI. NOI would be her senior on many levels. I think she may turn out to be the best Finance minister in history however. The tax administration and revenue generation assurance she will leave for Nigeria would be second to none.

Majority of NLers agree with you ..

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by mrmetoo1: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2016
So Kemi should have been jumping up to hug her while she was giving a speech abi? Some people are just extremely dull.

P.S. Kemi is even kicking NOI's behind in the poll set up on a thread to make her look bad.

3 Likes

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by uboma(m): 8:50am On Jan 09, 2016
chiddye:
this Kemi Adeosun sef, I don't t know what her take is on the capital market with naira getting weaker everyday

Since Kemi Adeosun assumed the mantle of the Minister of Finance, I haven't heard her contribute anything meaningful to the on-going harsh economic policies.

She looks more of a puppet.

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by arent88(m): 8:52am On Jan 09, 2016
All i see is picture of okonjo iweala standing while kemi is sitting down.why dnt u compare pictures of both of them sitting dwn or standing up.the pictures show two different moods one is exchanging pleasantries the other is sitting dwn paying attension to what the imf boss is saying.

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Nobody: 8:53am On Jan 09, 2016
Pidggin:

It is believed now that when you avoid looking at a person, it shows you consider yourself much better than they are. Body language studies are changing and your "look in the eyes" confidence is becoming inaccurate.

Moreover, the strength of friendship or familiarity each woman shares with the IMF boss is also a factor.

1 Like

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by mrmetoo1: 8:57am On Jan 09, 2016
plainol:
It baffles me the level of thinking of some Nigerians irrespective of party affiliation.

It's so irritating. I now see why we have not moved forward.

I still remember Jonathan in one of his campaigns say "pdp governors have one of the best presidential Lodges in the country". Since then, I lost hope in both our leaders and it's followers cos some youths applauded that unfortunate statement.

I'll tell you when I lost hope in the followers. It was during a May day rally where Jonathan was speaking in a stadium filled most likely with unemployed/underemployed young people. He went on to tell these people that those that claim Nigeria is a poor country are wrong because Nigeria has a lot of private jets, that Kenyans were astonished at the number of private jets Nigerians brought to a function going on there. That there's some amount of money you give a Nigerian and he'll reject but that if you take it to other countries they'll accept. The youth in this stadium didn't stone him, they didn't boo him, these guys clapped. At that moment is when I knew we were in trouble as a nation

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by EternalTruths: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2016
temijay17:

we all know you PDP are hurting because you list the election and apc is winning. if u like keep whining. na the woman go dey there till 2023 and na buhari go dey there till 2023. so haters gonna die and get buried in unmarked graves while the world moves on.

I don't care if she is there till 2050.

One fact you can't take away is the suffering you will experience under her puppetship. cool
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Yomboy4ever(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2016
1st pict
NGOZI I don spoil d economy finish oo,me and Jona don chop money we don hammer bt no buz as usual cos of nw SHERIFf

2nd pic
Oyinbo : una see una life wen u guyz voted for person wey no get shoe
a.k.a clueless

Ade : chai see dis woman Hand writing like say na fowl write am..

3rd pic
Oyinbo : heeyyyy thief thief come make I Hug u for d last time bfor EFCC arrest you..

4th :
Ade: am so tired, make we finish meeting wana to tell PMB wetin I see today ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by bayonekind(m): 9:01am On Jan 09, 2016
warripekin:
One is a teacher, schooling her peer, the other, I don't know, she look so intimidated. Buhari no try at all.

Either Teacher or Student ...what matter is result

The teacher allow pple to carry arm deal money for politic while the student recovering the stolen funds.......
Re: Christine Lagarde: Okonjo-Iweala Vs Kemi Adeosun (Caption Pics) by Wallade(m): 9:03am On Jan 09, 2016
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is well educated and experienced woman. The fact that she worked with the world bank at that level indicates how intelligent and informed she is/was. She started well with Nigeria but ended on bad notes: she could not beat the corruption in Nigerian system so she became part of the corruption. She abused her power of fiduciary responsibilities as minister of finance and coordinating minister of the economy. She created avenues for corruption, fraud and divertion of public funds in conjunction with the president and other associates.

She descended so low to destroy all that she ever worked and stood to represent. For me, she betrayed the confidence and trust of the Nigerian people. The Ngozi that worked in World Bank is different from the one that served Nigeria. She happened to be a crook and pervert after all.

Kemi Adeosun definitely doesn't match her pedigree, for now, but performance is not primarily determined by pedigree. I see a lot of potentials and qualities in her. Great leaders are always trying to be better qualified and informed everyday. She deserves a chance to perform in office and prove that great leaders and administrators are made everyday by the challenges they encounter, skills they apply, values they add, decisions they make and legitimate benefits they create for everyone.

Kemi doesn't need many followers and believers to succeed in office, she only needs a few of us, her resolute drive to succeed and better the lots of Nigerians.

Big ups to Kemi Adeosun. I hope you will not end up like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala afterall.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Wins Katsina With 1,232,133 Votes (daily Trust) / Wike Arrived At National Assembly For Ministerial Screening / Military Captures Injured Boko Haram Commander In Konduga Battle 18th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.