Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? (22554 Views)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Disobedience Of Court Orders Has Bear It’s First Fruit (tompolo) / What Has Buhari's Administration Achieved This Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by LeSaint(m): 1:41am On Jan 18, 2016
PASCHAL28:
Why Buhari Is Right In Detaining Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki.... The Position Of Law

Ever since some law courts admitted former National Security Adviser Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and Biafra agitator Nnamdi Kanu to bail and they were not promptly released, there has been lots of hot air released, either backing or attacking their continued detention.

Today, I write to say that I think President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) and the Federal Government are right in law, contrary to the loud crowd’s assertion of ‘human rights’. first, let me state it clearly here, I am not against anybody nor group. I am an Igbo man from Agu-ukwu Nri in Anaocha Local Govt of Anambra State. but we must always do things in accordance with the laws of the land.

The detention of Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and Nnamdi Kanu has generated a lot of debate and even criticisms against the Federal Government and the person of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari (PMB). These criticisms reached their peak after the President’s responses to some questions on the issue in his maiden presidential media chat of Wednesday December 30. Some legal luminaries and human rights activists vehemently contend that the Government violated court orders granting the said accused persons bail.

The Vanguard of Monday January 4 reported several senior lawyers, including the current NBA president, contending that the Government is guilty of disregarding court orders on the issue. Some argue that the Federal Government should have released Kanu or deported him after seven days. These critics have turned the trial of the duo into the trial of the State that is accusing them. I put it to 2/3 of Our so called lawyers even those in the rank of SANs that they do not know the true position of our laws. most of them who claim to be so good and sound in the field of law do not know the law itself. Even the ones claiming to be standing for Nnamdi Kanu and Dasuki do not know the true position of laws of the land.

The one million dollar question now begging for answer is therefore: Is the Federal Government really in breach of Court Orders? The answer to this question is NO. Let me say outright here that the President’s opinion on this matter is in accord with the judgement of the Supreme Court in Dokubo-Asari v. F.R.N. (2007) All FWLR (Pt. 375) p. 558 where the Supreme Court held at page 585 thus:

“…Where national security is threatened or there is the real likelihood of it being threatened, human rights or the individual rights of those responsible take second place. Human rights or individual rights must be suspended until the national security can be protected or well taken care of. This is not anything new. The corporate existence of Nigeria as a united, harmonious, indivisible and indissoluble sovereign nation is certainly greater than any citizen’s liberty or right.”

This is the law as enunciated by a unanimous decision of the apex court of the land during Yar'dua regime. The law is what the courts say it is, and not what we see in statute books. Therefore, PMB’s opinion on this matter is more in tandem with the spirit of the constitution and the law than that of those senior legal minds and human rights activists.
It is true Kanu was granted bail on October 17. On the day he claimed to have perfected his bail conditions, he was already too late as the Attorney General of the Federation (AGF) had already filed a fresh six-count charge against him. Thus, in law, Kanu was released on bail for the earlier charges and then re-arrested on the new charges, which charge sheet was served on him the day he perfected those conditions.

When Kanu was arraigned on the fresh charges before Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Federal High Court, he declined to enter his plea and objected to the jurisdiction of the court to try him, accusing the judge of bias. Consequently, the judge rightly disqualified himself and remitted the case file to the Chief Judge for redirection.

Like Kanu, Dasuki and three others were arraigned before the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory by the EFCC on a 19-count charge bordering on money laundering and criminal breach of trust. On December 18 Dasuki and others were granted bail on the said 19-count charge. The former NSA perfected his bail conditions and was released on bail. Later, the government found fresh pieces of evidence against him and he was re-arrested and re-arraigned on a 22-count charge.

He was again granted bail and, after his release, the government re-arrested him at the gate of the court on yet another fresh set of charges.

The law is settled that any bail granted an accused is completely related to the offence(s) for which he is charged. So, if after he has been granted bail the prosecution charges him for another offence for which no bail has been granted and no plea taken, then the accused can be re-arrested.

Some of the lawyers seem to have admitted this leg of the argument. However, the problem they seem to have is the timing of the re-arrest. They opine that even though the Government has a right to re-arrest them on fresh charges, that should not come immediately after release. They further reason that the FG should have lumped the charges together instead of bringing them piecemeal.

Again, these submissions are without any basis. It is within the exclusive prerogative of the prosecution (and not anybody else) to decide whether, when and how to charge accused persons. In these matters, the AGF is the law unto himself! He is not subject to the control of anyone as far as the exercise of his powers is concerned. See State v. S.O. Ilori & 2 others (1983) 2 S.C. 155 and Amaefule v. State (1988) 2 NWLR (part 75) page 156.

One lawyer argued that Kanu should have been released after seven days of detention or deported from Nigeria in accordance with the Immigration Act. The lawyer even initiated an online petition on December 31 calling on the President to resign from office or be impeached for the alleged breaches. It was countered by another petition of Buhari supporters on www.ipetition.com <http://www.ipetition.com>. At the time of writing (noon Friday January cool, the anti-Buharis have gathered 2,997 signatures in 9 days while the pro-Buharis have gathered 12,343 in 5 days, and still counting.

This aside, is seven days detention and/or deportation the punishments for the offence Kanu is charged with? Kanu is facing a 6-count charge, one of which is treason. By section 41 (c) of the CCA, treason is a capital offence which attracts the Death Sentence. It is a matter of common knowledge that Kanu has threatened to wage war against Nigeria and has taken several steps to make his threat real.

Dasuki, on the other hand, is charged with crimes bordering misappropriation of funds set aside for the procurement of arms to battle the Boko Haram insurgency and illegal possession of firearms. Furthermore, there is the fear he may jump bail; in fact he has said he wants to jet out to receive ‘medical attention’ abroad; the habit of many a high profile figure charged with crime.

And could the opinion of the President in the said media chat influence the judge? It depends: for some judges it may make no difference; for some, it may influence the judge against the accused persons; for yet others, it may influence them in favour of the accused persons (true for judges who want to assert their authority and independence). There is no certainty as to whether and in which way the influence of that opinion goes.

So, finally, we resort again to the Supreme Court “Where national security is threatened…individual rights of those responsible take second place...” and say PMB is right by law. At this point, I am calling on my Igbo brothers to come back home. Let us reason on the way forward. Violence does not pay. I call upon the wife of Late Ikemba Ndi Igbo as a matter of urgency to build a sound and digital Library for Ikemba if it at Nnewi His Country Home or at Enugu where people mostly the younger generation who did not witness the Civil war to know more and equally to tap from what went wrong in the past and the way forward. Before 2011 elections, when IBB visited Ojukwu at His Residence before the Northern Elders did mock primaries between Atiku and IBB, Ojukwu addressed Ndi Igbo urging us to support the Northerners. what happened the press statement. I will come up with issue and many more at appropriate time. I rest my case.

A Daniel come to judgement, ... yeah, a Daniel!
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by datigbogirl: 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2016
LordAdam:

Stop being one-sided. The Judiciary needs a reform, sure, but when PMB took the oath, he swore to uphold the constitution. Since that is the case, he can impress on the Chief Justice to wade into the rot in his arm of government. Not flout court orders.

He is doing the wrong thing, the wrong way.

You are encouraging impunity, and I can affirmatively say that it will come to haunt you guys later. Already, Tompolo is flouting a court order. You cannot be the President and the Chief Justice of the Federation, it is not done.

Swerve jor. Fine, Singapore is a developed nation today because of the stance of Lee Kuan Yew, but there are many problems with Singapore today. The opposition in Singapore is silent and demonstrations are frowned upon. That is not someone GEJ would want to model.

US, UK, Europe, Israel all became developed without the iron-fist.

Are you going to compare Hitler to PMB next? Hitler made Germany a World Power and massively sanitized the reckless German polity prior when he became a Fuhrer. Does that make him a saint?

You are comparing Lee whose iron-fist made sense in the 1980's with Jonathan who ruled in a time when the world is gravitating more towards democracy and the respect for rule of law.

Look at Libya? Why was Gadaffi removed, even though Libya was much better with him in power than now? Look at Mubarak and Egypt?

Iron-fists may have worked in the 80's, but not now. We are in the 21st century. If PMB continues like this, a revolt may start, and all the little gains we may have gained as a nation will be lost.

If you want iron-fist leadership, enter the military. Under civilian rule, there are established tenets that must be followed.

You are making a mockery of the system. So if a common market thief is caught, he or she should decline to argue his case because the Judiciary system is corrupt? Can you hear yourself.

You need to be shipped to North Korea since you like a tyrant. After what this country saw under Abacha, you still want a tyrant. How old are you?

Be careful what you wish for!!!

-Lord

GEJs only sin was dat he was weak, apart from dat he tried his best to be a democrat but his weakness undid him which is d reason people now fooolishly clamor for the other extreme of leadership-Tyranny....there is a way dat seemeth right unto man but d end is destruction.

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2016
theV0ice:

grin grin You were there when they delivered it abi? I heard about the idiocy my friend...I like Buhari won't dignify it with a response. On your challenge, I would have ignored it but for you to throw it, it means e pain you reach ground and you believe it so here goes: I can swear with my 2 balls that he didn't collect cash from Dasuki. Now go ahead and do same if you believe he did cool

He wants the oil producing States yet Sylva lost? grin grin did he suddenly forget his plans?

He wants the oil producing states yet he didn't move an electoral officer that'll play ball there? I thought you guys say he's a satanic despot? Was the state INEC guy too tough for Buhari to handle? You see now that the author of that comic you're taking as serious as the Bible should be flogged?

What is DSS doing in Abia? Is Otti now in APC? GEJ as weak as he was determined to win ekiti and he did. Now that's a despot if you've never seen one.

So Buhari doesn't care if the person involved is a loyalist? Any real and verifiable examples?

See the links below. This day didn't hear any govt official say they're reversing auto policy. Thisday is forming an opinion based on their understanding.

http://techpoint.ng/2015/08/21/ford-motor-company-open-assembly-plant-nigeria/

http://pulse.ng/cars/mitsubishi-motors-car-manufacturer-to-open-assembly-plant-in-nigeria-in-2016-id4386057.html

Once again my friend serious business men are trooping in to open auto plants. Leave the suicide bombers opening shop in Syria and Iraq alone....let's talk about the Americans and Asians still minded to do business with us. Tarrif isn't stopping those who have money to invest and on this matter, I'll advise you trust them more than mere journalists wink

grin grin so how much did GEJ sell oil? How much did yaradua leave in external reserves? How much did he leave in ECA? How much debt did he leave?

Now tell us how much GEJ left in external reserve? How much in ECA? How much debt? My brother, no matter how many straws you cling to, you can't hide GEJ's pedigree as a devourer and waster.

See Prof Soludo take GEJ and NOI to the cleaners on this issue. GEJ and NOI acted like common thieves with the ECA funds....

Even PDP governors DIDN'T TRUST GEJ SO WHY SHOULD AMAECHI? grin grin

Also it was in GEJ's interest that the funds be shared. He and NOI benefited more from sharing the ECA as it helped them hide the huge deficit they were running despite selling oil at high prices for years. Will u still argue? I'm sure GEJ was happy when Amaechi fell into 'the trap' grin

I no gree cheesy cheesy

Once again, what happened in bayelsa? How come sylva still lost? Did Buhari forget that he was a dictator without regard for human life? Soludo just accused GEJ of running CBN like Idi Amin....

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/196901-jonathan-ran-cbn-like-idi-amin-soludo.html

Now thats a low for anybody....hope you agree with him? grin

I don't remember any report about Amaechi on caught on tape threatening a general to rig election for him o....do you have any?

Buhari isn't given to drama. GEJ is the "pls pity me I'm an orphan" type. He calls for pity but knows how to ask Obanikoro to rig ekiti election. He looks innocent but supported an Mbu to take over rivers state from an elected governor. He believes in the rule of law yet disregarded NJC over the case of Justice Salami? So much for the 'democrat' angry

You should have realised now my friend....every leader is a dictator, even the weak and docile GEJ. Its the degree and how useful they are to society that matters. Even Obama is a 'dictator' now. If you doubt, ask Republicans grin

Hear from the guy GEJ wants to resemble when he grows up....I'm talking of Lee Kwan Yew

"Anybody who decides to take me on needs to put on knuckle-dusters. If you think you can hurt me more than I can hurt you, try. There is no way you can govern a Chinese society.”

“If you are a troublemaker... it’s our job to politically destroy you... Everybody knows that in my bag I have a hatchet, and a very sharp one. You take me on, I take my hatchet, we meet in the cul-de-sac.”

"Whoever governs Singapore must have that iron in him. Or give it up. This is not a game of cards."

Rule of law as applied to Nigeria punishes the weak and protects the rich and powerful. Even at that. Buhari hasn't broken any law.
Bro, We can go on and on with this. We all know the truth. Can I ask you for a favour?
Can you stop the comparison thing. We are discussing a government that came in with the promise of change. They said everything about the past government is bad. You cannot defend them or justify whatever they have done with that of a government you have condemned as being entirely evil.

Meanwhile have you seen the budget? The oshiomole budget too?
I dey laugh OBJ dey vex grin grin grin
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 10:31pm On Jan 22, 2016
Yerima accused of 1 billion fraud - bail sum 100 million
Metuh accused of 400 million fraud- bail sum 700 million

Oga o grin
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 10:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
agabaI23:
Bro, We can go on and on with this. We all know the truth.

grin grin

You threw a challenge which I met. Oya before we end it, swear with your 2 balls that Dasuki gave money to Buhari cool

Can I ask you for a favour?
Can you stop the comparison thing. We are discussing a government that came in with the promise of change. They said everything about the past government is bad. You cannot defend them or justify whatever they have done with that of a government you have condemned as being entirely evil.

We can't stop the comparisons my brother because you guys are not keeping to your side of the bargain. How easy are you making an already difficult job be? APC wants to be a change but how do you start when PDP has dug and its still digging big holes everywhere and stuffing them with land mines? Are you Seeing all the monies stolen? PDP was in charge for 16years and you expect APC to unravel everything in 8 months? See price of crude oil with no savings??!! How do we forget how much GEJ sold oil yet no diversification in his 5 years!! Haba even if Buhari na king Arthur of Camelot!!

Buhari's govt is slow but asking me to pretend like GEJ and his gang never existed is grossly unfair my friend sad

Meanwhile have you seen the budget? The oshiomole budget too?
I dey laugh OBJ dey vex grin grin grin

Nothing concern me with Oshiomhole budget...that one na Edo people problem cheesy

I'll wait for NASS to start dissecting it before I comment robustly. However, it looks a very ambitious budget on the surface....let's see how it goes wink

Meanwhile take a peep here https://www.nairaland.com/2883569/what-need-read-today-babatunde
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
theV0ice:

grin grin

You threw a challenge which I met. Oya before we end it, swear with your 2 balls that Dasuki gave money to Buhari cool

You did not swear. You can swear. I can swear too because I know it is true. If I were you, I wn't swear with someone who thinks that Ameachi is a saint.

We can't stop the comparisons my brother because you guys are not keeping to your side of the bargain. How easy are you making an already difficult job be? APC wants to be a change but how do you start when PDP has dug and its still digging big holes everywhere and stuffing them with land mines? Are you Seeing all the monies stolen? PDP was in charge for 16years and you expect APC to unravel everything in 8 months? See price of crude oil with no savings??!! How do we forget how much GEJ sold oil yet no diversification in his 5 years!! Haba even if Buhari na king Arthur of Camelot!!

Buhari's govt is slow but asking me to pretend like GEJ and his gang never existed is grossly unfair my friend sad

Remember I told you how much oil sold under GEJ. Oil price recovered in 2012 ans sold $105 on the average. I told you how much he tried to save and your agents of change refused. And if you tel me that GEJ was not diversifying, I will think you are changing TBH. What GEJ in Agriculture, trade and investment, FDI etc. NOI is a wizard, Aganga and the Agric minister held their own. The health minister combated ebola but I can imagine what would happen if ebola resurfaces now. common lassa fever.....

I told you about the Salary wage increase which you supported.

The government has no idea what they are up to.

I have not read Fashiola's speech. Remember I told you he is the only hope I have before the corruption expose on him. he is still the only hope.

All these talk of PDP destroying in 16 years, APC is has buried in 8 months. I thought APC should be reviving...

Leave trash for LAWMA bro
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 12:14am On Jan 23, 2016
agabaI23:
You did not swear. You can swear. I can swear too because I know it is true. If I were you, I wn't swear with someone who thinks that Ameachi is a saint.

Oya do it na.....you challenged me to and I did. Be bold and do yours grin

@the bold, I don't need to hear from you for me to know Buhari is too refined to collect Ghana must go from a Dasuki sharing blood money all over. Somethings are beneath some people.

Remember I told you how much oil sold under GEJ. Oil price recovered in 2012 ans sold $105 on the average. I told you how much he tried to save and your agents of change refused. And if you tel me that GEJ was not diversifying, I will think you are changing TBH. What GEJ in Agriculture, trade and investment, FDI etc. NOI is a wizard, Aganga and the Agric minister held their own. The health minister combated ebola but I can imagine what would happen if ebola resurfaces now. common lassa fever.....

grin grin

@the bold, I'll keep laughing when you bring it up since you've refused to face the truth. hear from Soludo again

"Do the states that have taken the federal government to the Supreme Court and refused to save also include the PDP governors, who are in the majority? If so, then it is fatal: even governors of your own party, PDP, do not trust you to keep their money! Furthermore, did the governors also stop the federal government from saving part of its share? If you ran a surplus budget at the federal level, you would have had credibility to blame others or to say they did not listen to your advice.”
“The key point is that since you were running huge deficits yourself, it was also in your own interest to share the ECA. You did not show leadership or credibility, full stop.”

http://leadership.ng/news/408685/soludo-fires-okonjoiweala-n30trillion-stolen-watch

No one stopped GEJ from saving. GEJ himself never wished to save or rather couldn't dare save because he was spending and running deficits like it was going out of fashion. Prof Soludo said so and I think you should listen to him.

I told you about the Salary wage increase which you supported.

The government has no idea what they are up to.

Until you can prove Buhari is paying less than N18,000 minimum wage with oil @ $27/BBL than GEJ who sold oil @ over $100/BBL as admitted by you, then this point is not only mute but necessitates you give Buhari some credit.

have not read Fashiola's speech. Remember I told you he is the only hope I have before the corruption expose on him. he is still the only hope.

OK

All these talk of PDP destroying in 16 years, APC is has buried in 8 months. I thought APC should be reviving...

Leave trash for LAWMA bro

Unfortunately we can't wish 16 years away just like that while complaining of a regime of 8 months. If you want us to be objective, you should give them some space especially when you are quick to demand we forget the 16 years of the locusts, devourers and cankerworms.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 6:25am On Jan 23, 2016
theV0ice:

Oya do it na.....you challenged me to and I did. Be bold and do yours grin

@the bold, I don't need to hear from you for me to know Buhari is too refined to collect Ghana must go from a Dasuki sharing blood money all over. Somethings are beneath some people.

grin grin

@the bold, I'll keep laughing when you bring it up since you've refused to face the truth. hear from Soludo again

No one stopped GEJ from saving. GEJ himself never wished to save or rather couldn't dare save because he was spending and running deficits like it was going out of fashion. Prof Soludo said so and I think you should listen to him.

Until you can prove Buhari is paying less than N18,000 minimum wage with oil @ $27/BBL than GEJ who sold oil @ over $100/BBL as admitted by you, then this point is not only mute but necessitates you give Buhari some credit.

OK

Unfortunately we can't wish 16 years away just like that while complaining of a regime of 8 months. If you want us to be objective, you should give them some space especially when you are quick to demand we forget the 16 years of the locusts, devourers and cankerworms.
The bible said I should not swear. I only swore once and my mum went berserk. That was last year. But I am sure Buhari collected money from Dasuki because he collected more from the commonwealth of River state.

Soludo was not there. He was speculating like you would say.

Meanwhile look at this
http://www.theheraldng.com/financial-times-uk-calls-buharinomics-the-height-of-foolishness/
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by theV0ice: 8:44am On Jan 23, 2016
agabaI23:
The bible said I should not swear. I only swore once and my mum went berserk. That was last year. But I am sure Buhari collected money from Dasuki because he collected more from the commonwealth of River state.

Soludo was not there. He was speculating like you would say.

Meanwhile look at this
http://www.theheraldng.com/financial-times-uk-calls-buharinomics-the-height-of-foolishness/

My friend my friend grin grin you decided to remember the bible and mum after trying to make me falter in my affirmation? grin

BUHARI COLLECTED NO DIME FROM DASUKI. Your desperate wish to make it true notwithstanding cheesy

Soludo wasn't speculating my friend. He's a Professor in the field talking from a position of knowledge and information. If he was, NOI would have countered him as SHE ALWAYS DOES.

I saw it and they're entitled to make it. The beautiful thing about economic or social theories is that one size doesn't fit all and the end justifies the means. I might not be as harsh in my assessment of the policies adopted but that's not to say I am comfortable with them.

Buhari and crew are trying out a myriad of options to address some peculiar problems. If they work, they take glory, if not, they switch to something else.
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 12:00pm On Jan 23, 2016
theV0ice:

My friend my friend grin grin you decided to remember the bible and mum after trying to make me falter in my affirmation? grin

BUHARI COLLECTED NO DIME FROM DASUKI. Your desperate wish to make it true notwithstanding cheesy

Soludo wasn't speculating my friend. He's a Professor in the field talking from a position of knowledge and information. If he was, NOI would have countered him as SHE ALWAYS DOES.

I saw it and they're entitled to make it. The beautiful thing about economic or social theories is that one size doesn't fit all and the end justifies the means. I might not be as harsh in my assessment of the policies adopted but that's not to say I am comfortable with them.

Buhari and crew are trying out a myriad of options to address some peculiar problems. If they work, they take glory, if not, they switch to something else.
Soludo is known to join issues in the media. He thinks he is the best and every other person is always wrong.

He started the media war with El rufai and Akunyili. When he made the first accusation, NOI replied him and when she noticed she was ready to start his shameless ITK, the woman told him she was not cut out for such. I gathered reliably that they were called to order by a certain guy in the East. So it is not true that NOI did not counter him.

Soludo is a political opportunist. I will stop there.

You don't have to be harsh but if you remember what harped on during the campaign, you will recall that I specifically said Buhari has no fresh ideas. That he would come with the same physical fiscal policies that has no economic backing. he failed before and he would fail again.

Under his nose because of his policies, companies closed. He is living in the past thinking that if he was allowed to stay long, that he would have fixed Nigeria. He therefore decided to continue from where he stopped and the disaster has been resurrected...

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by thev0ice1: 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2016
agabaI23:
Soludo is known to join issues in the media. He thinks he is the best and every other person is always wrong.

He started the media war with El rufai and Akunyili. When he made the first accusation, NOI replied him and when she noticed she was ready to start his shameless ITK, the woman told him she was not cut out for such. I gathered reliably that they were called to order by a certain guy in the East. So it is not true that NOI did not counter him.

Soludo is a political opportunist. I will stop there.

grin grin

But you didn't see him as an opportunist when you quoted him saying Buhari copied GEJ's budget?

I hear you grin

You don't have to be harsh but if you remember what harped on during the campaign, you will recall that I specifically said Buhari has no fresh ideas. That he would come with the same physical fiscal policies that has no economic backing. he failed before and he would fail again.

Under his nose because of his policies, companies closed. He is living in the past thinking that if he was allowed to stay long, that he would have fixed Nigeria. He therefore decided to continue from where he stopped and the disaster has been resurrected...

My dear friend, I didn't hear GEJ enunciate any program either in 2011 or 2015. In Nigeria those with ideas don't win...its those with godfathers like GEJ or those with their own force of personality and character like Buhari that win. We'll get to the place where Utomi, Fashola or Ezekwesili will campaign on their ideas and win.

I told you why I'll choose Buhari before GEJ during the elections and I'll do it again a million times so no need rehashing it. In a mono economic climate like Nigeria with its mainstay suffering price shocks, job losses are inevitable. I trust you'll be honest to admit we had thousands of job losses under GEJ? The number of workers laid off by banks between 2009 after GEJ started acting and 2014 is unparalleled in our banking history. Under GEJ, we had massive layoffs by IOC's between 2012 & 2014.

Buhari always comes in to clean the rot after politicians have desecrated, defaced and devoured every vestige of sanity in public treasury and administration. It happened in 1983 and its happening again now. He's the sh!tparker and a sh!tparker always smells. It comes with the territory.

[size=3pt]my moniker was banned so I had to use this[/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 12:44pm On Jan 23, 2016
thev0ice1:

grin grin

But you didn't see him as an opportunist when you quoted him saying Buhari copied GEJ's budget?

I hear you grin
Bros you know they are two different scenarios. The copying of budget is obvious. Though you cannot remove political opportunism from it. He was expectant but Buhari ignored him. He thought his epistle would have gotten him a position now he has to say the obvious. Soludo believes that if he has no in put, it is not good enough.

My dear friend, I didn't hear GEJ enunciate any program either in 2011 or 2015. In Nigeria those with ideas don't win...its those with godfathers like GEJ or those with their own force of personality and character like Buhari that win. We'll get to the place where Utomi, Fashola or Ezekwesili will campaign on their ideas and win.

I told you why I'll choose Buhari before GEJ during the elections and I'll do it again a million times so no need rehashing it. In a mono economic climate like Nigeria with its mainstay suffering price shocks, job losses are inevitable. I trust you'll be honest to admit we had thousands of job losses under GEJ? The number of workers laid off by banks between 2009 after GEJ started acting and 2014 is unparalleled in our banking history.

Buhari always comes in to clean the rot after politicians have desecrated, defaced and devoured every vestige of sanity in public treasury and administration. It happened in 1983 and its happening again now. He's the sh!tparker and a sh!tparker always smells. It comes with the territory.

[size=3pt]my moniker was banned so I had to use this[/size]
Thousands of jobs lost because of the magic SLS performed exactly the same type of utterances Buhari is making now that is creating panic.

SLS created panic, sold of stronger banks to weaker ones for whatever reason. And the loss of jobs was tagged to 2008, 2009 oil gloom that affected some banks who were exposed through oil and gas facilities they granted. So if for anything, GEJ took care of that by providing alternatives. Bro fear God ooo

Buhari does not know how to pack shyte, instead of packing shyte, he spreads to new areas. He is the real definition of cluelessness
[size=3pt]I did not notice that you have committed tongue[/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by thev0ice1: 1:01pm On Jan 23, 2016
agabaI23:
Bros you know they are two different scenarios. The copying of budget is obvious. Though you cannot remove political opportunism from it. He was expectant but Buhari ignored him. He thought his epistle would have gotten him a position now he has to say the obvious. Soludo believes that if he has no in put, it is not good enough.

The pilfering of the ECA by GEJ and NOI was also obvious hence the threat of a court case by the NGF dominated by PDP governors. You know the figures are verifiable right? wink

Thousands of jobs lost because of the magic SLS performed exactly the same type of utterances Buhari is making now that is creating panic.

SLS created panic, sold of stronger banks to weaker ones for whatever reason. And the loss of jobs was tagged to 2008, 2009 oil gloom that affected some banks who were exposed through oil and gas facilities they granted. So if for anything, GEJ took care of that by providing alternatives. Bro fear God ooo

Soludo said GEJ and NOI like appropriating success stories but push blames to others. You make it difficult not to believe him. grin

My dear friend....Sanusi created no panic. I was a banker uptil 2010 before I got a miraculous opening to cross to where I am now. Intercontinental, Oceanic etc were horribly in the red.

@the bold I have to laugh grin grin so it was the fault of oil gloom abi but the current problem is totally buhari's fault? Nigeria's current issues have nothing to do with oil price but everything to do with Buhari? grin

My dear bro, I need to preach the gospel to u make u for repent cry

[size=3pt]I did not notice that you have committed tongue[/size]

[size=3pt]one tribal bigot annoyed me and I responded cheesy [/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 1:52pm On Jan 23, 2016
thev0ice1:

The pilfering of the ECA by GEJ and NOI was also obvious hence the threat of a court case by the NGF dominated by PDP governors. You know the figures are verifiable right? wink

The threat of court case was based on constitution provision which said all monies accruing to the FG should be shared to all tiers. So it is not. They wanted the money to share. They are all thieves PDP or APC...

Soludo said GEJ and NOI like appropriating success stories but push blames to others. You make it difficult not to believe him. grin

My dear friend....Sanusi created no panic. I was a banker uptil 2010 before I got a miraculous opening to cross to where I am now. Intercontinental, Oceanic etc were horribly in the red.

You were a banker in any of the banks or were you a member of the regulatory committees? The banks were in the red more than unity bank? He created panic. Several months before the ousting of Soludo, there was a publication in Vanguard about the plan to get a northerner to do some job but I don't want to go that angle.

@the bold I have to laugh grin grin so it was the fault of oil gloom abi but the current problem is totally buhari's fault? Nigeria's current issues have nothing to do with oil price but everything to do with Buhari? grin

My dear bro, I need to preach the gospel to u make u for repent cry

Both are from gloom. The difference is in how the situation is managed by the individuals involved. One was making the situation worse by his senseless approach while the team of the other had the grasp of international economic politics and it helped.

[size=3pt]one tribal bigot annoyed me and I responded cheesy [/size]

[size=3pt]I know sy you don commit...ndo. I try my best to avoid that. It makes no sense. I cannot understand why after suffering from racism from the whites, I will come here continue with that rubbish[/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by thev0ice1: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2016
agabaI23:
The threat of court case was based on constitution provision which said all monies accruing to the FG should be shared to all tiers. So it is not. They wanted the money to share. They are all thieves PDP or APC...

Very good. GEJ wasn't innocent just like Amaechi.

You were a banker in any of the banks or were you a member of the regulatory committees? The banks were in the red more than unity bank? He created panic. Several months before the ousting of Soludo, there was a publication in Vanguard about the plan to get a northerner to do some job but I don't want to go that angle.

Pls agabaI23, you dwell too much on conspiracy theories and it isn't healthy....what do you think about GEJ sacking sanusi and bringing someone from the SS as governor? Did you also not read reports about some sinister intentions?

I was an operations head in one of those banks and I know the fraudulent job PWC did with our 2008 audit report to hide the problems. The banks were truly sick. Whether Unity should have received same treatment is another matter because there were also insinuations of Zenith escaping due to Jim Ovia's 'closeness' to Sanusi.

Both are from gloom. The difference is in how the situation is managed by the individuals involved. One was making the situation worse by his senseless approach while the team of the other had the grasp of international economic politics and it helped.

GEJ came in with oil @ average of $58/bbl and experienced steady increases till July 2014. Shame on him if he couldn't ensure a stable economy.

[size=3pt]I know sy you don commit...ndo. I try my best to avoid that. It makes no sense. I cannot understand why after suffering from racism from the whites, I will come here continue with that rubbish[/size]

[size=3pt]it hurts me because I'm married to an Igbo queen and my younger sister is married to an Igbo guy. The madness strikes a touchy point[/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2016
thev0ice1:

Fine why would My integrity associate himself with a thief? may be he is not what you think. I already he is not.

Pls agabaI23, you dwell too much on conspiracy theories and it isn't healthy....what do you think about GEJ sacking sanusi and bringing someone from the SS as governor? Did you also not read reports about some sinister intentions?

I support the removal, replacing him with south south is another thing all together. Buhari is an expert in that, so espeaklekwa. One single question, if one of your employees acts the way Sanusi acted, will you pat him on the back and keep him?

I was an operations head in one of those banks and I know the fraudulent job PWC did with our 2008 audit report to hide the problems. The banks were truly sick. Whether Unity should have received same treatment is another matter because there were also insinuations of Zenith escaping due to Jim Ovia's 'closeness' to Sanusi.

OK, I won't argue much on this again. There were better ways of handling that situation. The banks in the UK were in worse situation but I remember the chancellor of exchequer never spoke negatively of the banks.

GEJ came in with oil @ average of $58/bbl and experienced steady increases till July 2014. Shame on him if he couldn't ensure a stable economy.
Naa, he ensured a stable economy as long as the north allowed him. You have forgotten he faced distraction from the word GO. Bomblast upon bomblasts. He could have done better. He has set the economy for a great leap but the West does not want that. Bro, this is not about Nigeria. I sent you my article. I am going to modify that article and publish now. I am sure they will accept it now.
[size=3pt]it hurts me because I'm married to an Igbo queen and my younger sister is married to an Igbo guy. The madness strikes a touchy point[/size]

[size=3pt]Please do you have another sister that is as smart as you are? I won't mind[/size] grin grin grin
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by thev0ice1: 2:41pm On Jan 23, 2016
agabaI23:
Fine why would My integrity associate himself with a thief? may be he is not what you think. I already he is not.

Actually I heard Buhari applied to heaven for God to send him political associates from among the angels....God told him he should manage the thieves he had around as he wouldn't risk the angels being corrupted by Nigerians wink

I support the removal, replacing him with south south is another thing all together. Buhari is an expert in that, so espeaklekwa. One single question, if one of your employees acts the way Sanusi acted, will you pat him on the back and keep him?

I agree with you. So yaradua too must have his reasons for removing Soludo.....nothing to do with your conspiracy theories.

OK, I won't argue much on this again. There were better ways of handling that situation. The banks in the UK were in worse situation but I remember the chancellor of exchequer never spoke negatively of the banks.

grin grin

You forget we are in Nigeria and Nigerians are Nigerians. How many Nigerian CEO have ever resigned because they led their companies astray? Abeg let the regulators deal with Nigerians the Nigerian way abeg.

Naa, he ensured a stable economy as long as the north allowed him. You have forgotten he faced distraction from the word GO. Bomblast upon bomblasts. He could have done better. He has set the economy for a great leap but the West does not want that. Bro, this is not about Nigeria. I sent you my article. I am going to modify that article and publish now. I am sure they will accept it now.

Good. He had the luxury of high oil prices but buhari has to fight boko haram in the north, ipob haters in the east, Niger Delta militants in the SS etc with a ridiculous price of our single export commodity....

My dear, GEJ had it smooth compared to this

[size=3pt]Please do you have another sister that is as smart as you are? I won't mind[/size] grin grin grin

[size=3pt]my last sister married last year....na brothers remain and I know say you and them like woman pass normal grin [/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Geeflow(m): 4:34pm On Jan 23, 2016
Wot a messy nd a pityful mentallity som guillible Nigerians hv madly develop,is Nigeria cursed? Ur hatred for pmb kn't blow an ant.meaningful Nigerians knw dat we need a behavioural attitude personality lyk Buhari @dis moment.I and well concerned Nigerians dnt care woteva means Buhari deem fit 2 deal wit our yam stealers.I suport Buhari 2b above d law wit his fight against corruption.or are u wailers sayin dia was no rule of law wen dasuki loot d fund dat was meant 4 procurement of arms 4 d military 2 fight d insurgence? Yeye dey smell undecidedWot a messy nd a pityful mentallity som guillible Nigerians hv madly develop,is Nigeria cursed? Ur hatred for pmb kn't blow an ant.meaningful Nigerians knw dat we need a behavioural attitude personality lyk Buhari @dis moment.I and well concerned Nigerians dnt care woteva means Buhari deem fit 2 deal wit our yam stealers.I suport Buhari 2b above d law wit his fight against corruption.or are u wailers sayin dia was no rule of law wen dasuki loot d fund dat was meant 4 procurement of arms 4 d military 2 fight d insurgence? Yeye dey smell

1 Like

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by Geeflow(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
thev0ice1:

Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2016
thev0ice1:

Actually I heard Buhari applied to heaven for God to send him political associates from among the angels....God told him he should manage the thieves he had around as he wouldn't risk the angels being corrupted by Nigerians wink

Hahaha, Nigeria have people of intergrity. A self proclaimed tough man should have sent these guys away from the corridors of power.

I agree with you. So yaradua too must have his reasons for removing Soludo.....nothing to do with your conspiracy theories.

lol, let leave that one

grin grin

You forget we are in Nigeria and Nigerians are Nigerians. How many Nigerian CEO have ever resigned because they led their companies astray? Abeg let the regulators deal with Nigerians the Nigerian way abeg.
None resigned in the UK either apart from the Northern Rock which was nationalised and the guy was sacked by the government.

All other banks received bail out funds totaling 37 billion pounds. Barclays refused any help from the government.

Nobody said anything about how bad the situation in each bank was. The Chancellor quietly did his thing. It was the investigative media that were like hawks watching to see how much they paid themselves. I could remember they picked on barclays guys for huge bonus they paid to themselves. But here, it was the CBN governor that was going around rubbishing the economy in the name of fighting his predecessor who uncharacteristically has not replied him till date. Do you remember what happened to bank stocks when this guy started having verbal diarrhoea? Until he came, it was said that NSE was immuned to the global crises. The bleeding that happened all around was not that significant. But the moment he opened his mouth, the sentiment came in and the bears came in thousands from the North pole

Good. He had the luxury of high oil prices but buhari has to fight boko haram in the north, ipob haters in the east, Niger Delta militants in the SS etc with a ridiculous price of our single export commodity....

My dear, GEJ had it smooth compared to this

If you are being sincere, the only problem this guys has that he did not bring to himself is the oil price.
Boko haram was almost gone when he was sworn in. His inaction for months gave them time to fester again.

IPOB was fueled by him. Nnamdi kanu was there during GEJ's regime. He was was causing trouble already. Buhari started his 5% statement and all and he arrested Kanu. he had no business touching that guy. All the protest was for him to release Kanu. it was all his fault.

Somethings are left untouched. If he looked the other way about Amaechi, he should have forgotten about Tompolo. And BTW, nothing is happening Niger delta. Little activity just started recently and i will tell you, he should be wise.

GEJ has it all, Boko haram and the hostile North.

[size=3pt]my last sister married last year....na brothers remain and I know say you and them like woman pass normal grin [/size]
[size=3pt] Too bad sad grin[/size]
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by agabaI23(m): 12:02am On Jan 24, 2016
Geeflow:
Wot a messy nd a pityful mentallity som guillible Nigerians hv madly develop,is Nigeria cursed? Ur hatred for pmb kn't blow an ant.meaningful Nigerians knw dat we need a behavioural attitude personality lyk Buhari @dis moment.I and well concerned Nigerians dnt care woteva means Buhari deem fit 2 deal wit our yam stealers.I suport Buhari 2b above d law wit his fight against corruption.or are u wailers sayin dia was no rule of law wen dasuki loot d fund dat was meant 4 procurement of arms 4 d military 2 fight d insurgence? Yeye dey smell undecidedWot a messy nd a pityful mentallity som guillible Nigerians hv madly develop,is Nigeria cursed? Ur hatred for pmb kn't blow an ant.meaningful Nigerians knw dat we need a behavioural attitude personality lyk Buhari @dis moment.I and well concerned Nigerians dnt care woteva means Buhari deem fit 2 deal wit our yam stealers.I suport Buhari 2b above d law wit his fight against corruption.or are u wailers sayin dia was no rule of law wen dasuki loot d fund dat was meant 4 procurement of arms 4 d military 2 fight d insurgence? Yeye dey smell
Jump and pass grin
Re: FRA Williams On Buhari And Court Orders: Has Buhari Changed? by thev0ice1: 7:59am On Jan 24, 2016
agabaI23:
Hahaha, Nigeria have people of intergrity. A self proclaimed tough man should have sent these guys away from the corridors of power.

lol, let leave that one

Mention one Nigerian you believe is above board in the political space?

None resigned in the UK either apart from the Northern Rock which was nationalised and the guy was sacked by the government.

I wasn't about that particular episode my friend....a CEO in UK has a better sense of shame and judgement. If their conditions were as bad as that of the Nigerian banks, they would have toed that line.

All other banks received bail out funds totaling 37 billion pounds. Barclays refused any help from the government.

What is $37B pounds in the balance sheet of banks in the financial capital of the world? Barclay's even refused help?? I laugh. Let me give u a hint....Barclays has assets in excess of £2Trillion. If only you knew how distressed the Nigerian banks were. Do you know how much debt AMCON took over?

Nobody said anything about how bad the situation in each bank was. The Chancellor quietly did his thing. It was the investigative media that were like hawks watching to see how much they paid themselves. I could remember they picked on barclays guys for huge bonus they paid to themselves. But here, it was the CBN governor that was going around rubbishing the economy in the name of fighting his predecessor who uncharacteristically has not replied him till date. Do you remember what happened to bank stocks when this guy started having verbal diarrhoea? Until he came, it was said that NSE was immuned to the global crises. The bleeding that happened all around was not that significant. But the moment he opened his mouth, the sentiment came in and the bears came in thousands from the North pole

Agaba, pls don't compare the situation of our banks with Barclays whose only problem as confirmed by you was huge bonuses to the CEO. Do you know the huge holes these banks were carrying in their balance sheets? Were you expecting Sanusi to wait until we have another failed banks situation? The banks were truly distressed. How much bad loans did UK banks have in their books relative to their assets? How many of the CEO's run companies to which they allocate huge sums in phantom contracts from their banks? My dear, leave Nigerian bank

If you are being sincere, the only problem this guys has that he did not bring to himself is the oil price.
Boko haram was almost gone when he was sworn in. His inaction for months gave them time to fester again.

IPOB was fueled by him. Nnamdi kanu was there during GEJ's regime. He was was causing trouble already. Buhari started his 5% statement and all and he arrested Kanu. he had no business touching that guy. All the protest was for him to release Kanu. it was all his fault.

Somethings are left untouched. If he looked the other way about Amaechi, he should have forgotten about Tompolo. And BTW, nothing is happening Niger delta. Little activity just started recently and i will tell you, he should be wise.

Buhari started fighting BH right from his inaugural speech. BH only went on small sabbatical like they always do. They Never died.

I don't like talking about kanu because I don't know how to reset the brain of a man who thinks he's fighting for freedom by asking his illiterate supporters to kill Pastor Kumuyi for the only crime of being Yoruba. Its 'funny jokes' like those that started the Rwandan Genocide.

Sylva's madness awakened a sleeping monster. Very few APC leaders wanted sylva but for peace sake, they left him. The wahala between him and oshiomhole during the primaries is a pointer to that.

GEJ has it all, Boko haram and the hostile North.

PMB has more...BH, IPOB, Militants

[size=3pt] Too bad sad grin[/size]
[/quote]

[size=3pt]I tell you....but the cerebral agabaI23 will always get a queen grin[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Return Your Loot To Experience Peace – Buhari Tells Looters / Ajimobi To Shut Down 22 Private Radio Stations In Ibadan / Alex Ekwueme's Burial Programme (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 186
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.