Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman (15125 Views)

If Buhari Dies Today, It's Because Nigerians Killed Him - APGA Chairman Ike Oye / Victor Umeh Weeps After Seeing Corpse Of His Cousin's Wife During Burial. PICS / Ayade: ‘Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Is Perfect’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 11, 2016
$2.1bn arms deal: No selective justice in war against corruption – Umeh

By Peter Okutu

ABAKALIKI—THE former National Chairman of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Victor Umeh weekend debunked the claims in some quarters that President Muhammadu Buhari’s war against corruption was an act of selective justice.

He stated this while addressing newsmen at Ezza South local government area of the state, immediately after Ezza Ezekuna civic reception for their Excellencies, Chief David Nweze Umahi and chief Rachael Umahi at Onueke township stadium.

Umeh who described the current war on corruption in the country as an in house cleansing urged Nigerians at all levels to allow the vices in the country to be removed to pave way for national healing and restoration to take place in every sector of the Nigerian economy.

The Anambra Central senatorial candidate on the platform of APGA emphasized that anybody or group of persons hindering or criticizing Buhari’s war against corruption is not being honest and sincere about moving the nation forward.

“Nigerians should allow the vices in the country to be removed and healed; when someone steals and you say the person should not be prosecuted, we are not being honest to ourselves.

“Corruption must be dealt with in this country; there is nothing like selective justice system in Buhari’s war against corruption in the country”.

On the Appeal Court ruling on Abia State governorship election, the APGA chieftain who applauded the judiciary for doing the right thing described the court verdict as the most popular decision in Nigeria’s judicial system.

“The Court of Appeal in Abia state did the right thing by restoring the peoples mandate to Dr. Alex Otti of Abia state who actually won the election in all facets; I wept when an obvious victory that was won by Otti was given to someone else.

“The ruling reinforced my confidence in the judiciary despite the fact that the judiciary has not lived up to its expectations in some matters; however, the ruling gladdens the heart of people; it is the most popular decision delivered by the court of Appeal. Everybody knows that Dr. Alex Otti won the election in landslide victory.”

On his senatorial ambition, Umeh who expressed optimism that APGA would win the forthcoming rerun for Anambra Central zone noted that Senator Uche Ekwunife’s defection to the All Progressives Congress, APC was an aberration of the law and so was no longer qualified for the election.

Recall that Ekwunife, who was inaugurated as senator in June, 2015 and had her election nullified by Appeal Court in Enugu on December 6, 2015, on grounds of irregularities.

“She is exhibiting gross misunderstanding of the law of nigeria. She was disqualified by the court of Appeal Enugu division and there is no way she can be part of the election anymore. Such matter has been addressed by the supreme court of Nigerian in 2009. It is abundantly clear; the time of nomination for nomination has passed. This is an aberration; she is not part of the election”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/01/2-1bn-arms-deal-no-selective-justice-in-war-against-corruption-umeh/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by midehi2(f): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2016
exactly

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2016
I agree with victor Umeh.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by seunmsg(m): 11:53am On Jan 11, 2016
Our IPOB friends won't like this. Victor Umeh's views doesn't suit their narrative. I won't be surprised if they start attacking him.

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2016
seunmsg:
Our IPOB friends won't like this.

They have to like it.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by AustineE1: 12:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
I also concur but i will only take PMB and his anti-corruption campaign serious when i see Tinubu,kwankwaso and Amaechi in the dungeon,including Fashola.Those initial first three names,stinks with 'gross'corruption.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by BlackMerchant(m): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Victor Umeh is light years ahead of many of his kinsmen in thinking. Good stuff.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Aufbauh(m): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2016
Umeh + Vanguard = End of discussion + submission

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 11, 2016
[quote author=BlackMerchant post=41870460]Victor Umeh is light years ahead of many of his kinsmen in thinking. Good stuff.[/quot]
U r on point

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by GudluckIBB(m): 12:06pm On Jan 11, 2016
Our IpOB friends will come out now and say

Buhari has promised to support Umeh, in the Senatorial Election that's why he's talking like this.

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by seunmsg(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
tuale4u:

They have to like it.

Just watch as they will call Victor Umeh an efulefu who is irrelevant politically in the south east.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2016
seunmsg:

Just watch as they will call Victor Umeh an efulefu who is irrelevant politically in the south east.

wink grin. Maybe victor Umeh grand mother is Yoruba

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by johnmartus(m): 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2016
SO UMEH GET SENSE LIKE THIS? CLAP FOR YOURSELF

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by obailala(m): 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2016
Victor Umeh has always been objective on most national issues, this is not unexpected. By the way, he belongs to APGA and not PDP.

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by omenka(m): 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2016
#In a very thick Ekpa voice: Victor Umah is a Yellowbar man. Vanguard is a Tinubu propaganda media.

Oh Lord, Finally, Baba's doggedness and refusal to buckle under intense blackmail has forced some hitherto Wailers to jettison their quest for a re-enactment of corruption under him and throw their weight behind his mission to salvage our motherland from the throes of death occasioned by 16 years of relentless plundering.

God bless Baba Collectus.

37 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by omenka(m): 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2016
Lalasticlala, I have a strong feeling you're yet to see this. Isn't it more important a news item than how some D Bang's fan had some haircut to look like him

Cc: Mynd44.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Sealeddeal(m): 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2016
i also do not think that the war is presently selective.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Shortyy(f): 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2016
Saint Victor Umeh.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by flokii: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
tell them..

they should simply return our money

1 Like

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2016
G
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by emmaliver(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
Time will tell.
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by youngberry001(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2016
ok
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by freedom96: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
If anyone still thinks the anti-corruption I selective,then I advise him to have a shor talk with Mallam olisa metuh immediately metuh gets freed cheesy
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by tommykiwi(m): 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
BIG LIE !!! LIA MOHAMMED DONE INJECT DIS MAN SMALL WITH LIES....
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by freedom96: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
Shortyy:
Saint Victor Umeh.
stfu.Bloody liar angry nd bigot too

1 Like

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Adonis86(m): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2016
You think you can win buhari and Apc sympathy in the coming rerun by defending buhari? Say no to long red cap in the Senate....lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
In the voice of the Ipo-Brainless youths; Mr umeh is a yoloba man from the Southwest cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Gracito(f): 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Word.
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by kay29000(m): 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hmm!
Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2016
abeg leave trash for lawma

1 Like

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by 912(m): 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
AustineE1:
I also concur but i will only take PMB and his anti-corruption campaign serious when i see Tinubu,kwankwaso and Amaechi in the dungeon,including Fashola.Those initial first three names,stinks with 'gross'corruption.

do you have proof of your allegations? How did you arrive at this conclusion? and I will appreciate if you dont come up with that generic statement of "you and I know that these men are thieves". back your claim with facts otherwise dont say anything at all.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Anti-corruption War Is Not Selective-Victor Umeh Former APGA Chairman by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2016
Ok. Noted. Fuel still expensive

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some People Exported Stones To Claim Export Grant –adeosun / Suspension From APC Good For Shehu Sani — Aide / Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.