Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Nigerian Student Wins Indian Songs, Dance Competition - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Student Wins Indian Songs, Dance Competition (1362 Views)

HI I Am Indian / S Korean Pres. Aspirant Sorry For Comparing Nigerian Student’s Face To Coal / Indian Muslim Schoolgirls Perform Martial Arts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Wins Indian Songs, Dance Competition by Kelklein(m): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2016
A Nigerian undergraduate student, Ado Abdulkadir, has won an Indian music reality show competition, after defeating over 8,000 native Indians.

The Kano-born youth, whose spectacular outings surprised spectators and the judges, joined more than 8,000 Indians in the Sa Re Ga Ma Pa song and dance competition.

The video clip of Abdulkadir, dancing and singing Indian music kitted in Indian attire, went viral on social media over the weekend, with more than 40,000 views.

But in an interview with BBC Hausa yesterday, Abdulkadir, said his performances in the competition, as the first African to reach the last 17 stage, is beginning to positively affect the perception of Nigerians amongst Indians.

“More than 8,700 people entered the competition, but presently I am one of the last 17 people that have remained in the competition.

“I am the first African to be in this competition. After every week, two people are being dropped. That is how we now become 17, out of thousands that started.

“The final, where the winner will emerge, is when people remain only five in the competition,”
he said.

Abdulkadir went to India, under the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) to study Computer Application, four years ago.

“It all started with my interest in Indians, because I nurtured the passion to learn the language ever since I was 14.

“And as the passion continued, I then met one, Mr Zubairu in Abuja, where I was based, who translates Hindi language to English. That has helped me tremendously to where I am today. He was the one who helped me, indeed. I learnt a number of Hindi words from him,”
he said.

Source: DAILY TRUST
cc: lalasticlala, Seun
Re: Nigerian Student Wins Indian Songs, Dance Competition by 1bunne4lif(m): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
Good
Re: Nigerian Student Wins Indian Songs, Dance Competition by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nigerians be like Everywhere you go!

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Buy Urhobo Attire (stick And Hat)? / Wow!!! Nsukka Girl Shared A Photo Of Her Preparing Their Local Food Okpa / The Difference Between Santa Claus And Afrikan Masquerade-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.