Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,660 members, 7,851,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:56 PM

Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss (812 Views)

Lauretta Onochie Slams Patience Jonathan: "EFCC Only Attracted To Thieves" / Patience Jonathan & EFCC: Protest In Rivers Over Alleged Victimization - Pics / Arms Deal: Why We’ve Not Invited Jonathan – EFCC Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by informationAggo: 11:00pm On Jan 11, 2016
The fund, which was managed by the Office of former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, has led to the arrest, detention, questioning and arraignment of so many prominent Nigerians, with some wondering why Jonathan, believed to be the principal actor in the unfolding scenario, had not been arrested or summoned for questioning

The Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Ibrahim Magu, on Monday offered explanations on why former President Goodluck Jonathan has not been arrested over the controversial $2.1 billion arms deal.

The fund, which was managed by the Office of former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Sambo Dasuki, has led to the arrest, detention, questioning and arraignment of so many prominent Nigerians, with some wondering why Jonathan, believed to be the principal actor in the unfolding scenario, had not been arrested or summoned for questioning.

Offering reasons why Jonathan was yet to be summoned by the EFCC, Magu said no document has been traced to Jonathan giving any approval for the disbursement of the money for any other purpose than arms purchase.

Magu told a gathering of online news publishers under the aegis of the Guild of Corporate Online Publishers on Monday in Lagos, that all those questioned so far in connection with the money were people who disbursed or collected it for reasons other than the purchase of arms and ammunition.

In a terse answer to the question, Magu said: “All approvals by former President Jonathan did not mention that it was for political purposes.

“All the memos approved by him was for the purchase of arms.”
The bulk of the money disbursed from the $2.1 billion had been traced to financing the Peoples Democratic Party and promoting the bid of Jonathan to retain the presidential seat in the 2015 general election.

The Director of Media and Publicity of the PDP Presidential Campaign team, Femi Fani-Kayode, confirmed he received N1.7 billion for publicity for the 2015 election.
The National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, Olisa Metuh, was also given N400 million out of the money.

Metuh has been with the EFCC since last week Tuesday.
Political parties that did not produce presidential candidates for the election were also given N100 million each to support Jonathan.

The N100 million gift is still causing a major rift in the Social Democratic Party, with some state chapters denying they received from the money as alleged by their National Chairman, Chief Olu Falae.

Magu said it was not in the character of the EFCC to just summon people for the sake of it.
He said the Commission does its work thoroughly before inviting anyone and that it had not summoned some people as clamoured in the public space because there were no documents indicting them.
Jan
Posted by AGGONREPORTERS.COM

Source: http://www.aggonreporters.com/2016/01/why-i-not-arrested-jonathan-efcc-boss.html?m=0
Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by informationAggo: 11:01pm On Jan 11, 2016
Visit http://Www.Aggonreporters.com For Latest News

Lalasticlala
Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by informationAggo: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2016
Visit http://www.Aggonreporters.com For Latest News

Lalasticlala
Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by Junior66(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
go arrest am na and see nigeria boil in minutes

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by DaBullIT(m): 6:24am On Jan 12, 2016
Make them grab am abeg
Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by orisa37: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2016
Arrest of Dasuki and Oliseh Metuh is enough on this issue. Those two Officials are responsible.
Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by byteem: 9:12am On Jan 12, 2016
SPIRITUAL IMMUNITY GRANTED BY HIS BENEVOLENCE OF HANDING OVER POWER TO GMB.. THAT WHY EFCC CANT TOUCH HIM... FORGET... ALL THE REST NA STORY... OGA JONA HAS BECOME A SHINING EXAMPLE TO THE NUMEROUS AFRICAN LEADERS WHO LIKE TO HOLD ON TO POWER NOT MINDING THE BLOOD THEY SPILL IN THE PROCESS.

TO THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE AND THAT IS WHY THEY HAVE TURNED HIM TO BILL CLINTON GIVING SPEECHES EVERYWHERE.. LET THE AFRICAN LEADER UNDERSTAND THAT THERE IS LIFE AFTER HANDING OVER TO THE OPPOSITION... SO HOUNDING HIM WILL BE COUNTERPRODUCTIVE TO THE INTERNATIONAL AGENDA

SIMPLY PUT A DEAL HAS BEEN BROKERED BTW GEJ AND GMB ...MIDWIFED BY THE INTERNATIONAL SPIRITS

SO YES JONA IS UNTOUCHABLE NOT BECOS BUHARI DOES NOT WANT TO TOUCH HIM BUT THE DISADVANTAGES OF TOUCHING HIM FAR OUTWEIGH THE ADVANTAGES .. CALL IT SPIRITUAL IMMUNITY..

BUT UNFORTUNATLY THE DEAL ONLY COVERS JONA AND NOT THE BOYS ON THE GROUND .. TOO BAD FOR MUTU AND ALL THE OTHERS .. THEM NEVER SEE ANYTHING..
Re: Reason Why I've Not Arrested Jonathan – EFCC Boss by VintageCocktail(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2016
Jonathan is laughing out loud somewhere...hian hian hian.
The poor guy was surrounded by crooks and cronies, his hands might even be whiter than snow

(1) (Reply)

I Doubt The Patriotism Of Nigerian! / I Dreamt Of Becoming A Governor. / The Panama Papers And The Significance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.