Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (33794 Views)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ifebazz(m): 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
murmee:
Couldn't you write in simple good English? My friend, please show that you attended school now.
I prefer he wrote in pigin than the half baked English many do here with more acronyms than a mainframe could decyfer.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
Your Bro in law is tired of your stay in his house and looking for a way to drive you out. Thats all.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by noblegrex: 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
At 30 u are stayin with ur sister and her family..

Pray for urself bro.
I need not go further cos I've seen what I intend posting. Just in another version.how can he be staying with her sister doing nothing.just sleep,wake up take your bathe and stroll about without doing anything in the house. With all due respect he's the one being rude here. How can you expect your sis husband to be washing plates for you.lai lai. If he's doing that then,something must me wrong somewhere. Don't tell me I can't understang cos I was in your shoes and I'm the one washing,coocking,cleaning, doing virtually everything in the house before I had my freedom. My Advice;leave the house and make yourself useful. Regardless the Joblesness of your sis hubi.let your sis do the complaining.

8 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by BrainnewsNg(f): 12:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.
Ok

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by blackmantis: 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Your Brother in law is becoming too rude for your liking.......and you at 30 live under his roof.

You better grow up.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by tintingz(m): 12:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
I'm a muslim and mister op you make no sense in your story when you try to use his "unbeliever" to judge his character.

Mister believer are you even better than him?
undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 185mikel(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

move out of that house immediately and look for a friend place to stay until you are financially capable enough to get your own apartment

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by robinsoncrosoe: 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.
am sorry to say this.
U sound stupid to me.
Hw old are u anyway

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

Your brother in-law no try at all , if na me be your brother in-law I go pack all the plates we take chop go kitchen go wash after every meal , including yours. When you see me wash our plates about 3 times nobody go tell you before you collect the plates for my hand wash.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by missyadorable(f): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

Guy,when you live under somebody's roof at an adult age of 30,expect anything! What your brother-in-law is displaying is typical..If he was your brother and his wife your in law,you would have seen worse hell

My candid advise: Get a place of your own and move out...Only then will you be respected.You can't live in somebody's house and prolly they feed you and you seek respect.its rare

My cousin's wife used to act very horrible to me whenever I visited from school.i was abt 23.at a point,i stopped visiting and the next time she saw me was 4 years later on my wedding day! You needed to see her smiles! To avoid problems,stay on your own!

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by SpencerLewis(m): 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
cococandy:
Na NL stories na. Always one-sided. He won't say what he did to contribute to the guy's attitude towards him.

He Probably looks down on the BIL as an 'unbeliever' which could be the reason the dude is rubbing the status of his tenancy in his face.

You know how some 'believers' can be condescending to people of different un/belief.
Thats my girl. Very intelligent analysis. Was just thinking what his BIL's belief got to do with the op. May be the BIL is more frustrated than d op due to lack of job.
Africans are their craze over this imported religions from the middle east.
My Amadioha must hear this.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by CandiceJay(f): 12:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mr Op, you re so very funny "Your Brother in law is too rude for your liking"... So u have a 'liking' in anoda man's house. Dats pride nd its irritating. If you can't find ur dream job, y dnt u start sumwer, teach. Even if its a primary schl wer u get paid 8k, start there nd get a room for urself instead of being a burden to ur sister. Or beta still plead wit her to help u wit a little money to get a room. You are 30 for crying out loud. I understand d economy is not stable but dats no excuse. Pls NLanders re begging u, try nd be responsible. Thank you. (No offense intended)

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by delaks0829(m): 12:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
My broda, simple truth,is either u leave d house 4 good or u continue 2 receive d insult until u ve a better option. God see u 2rue.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 2goodbobo(m): 12:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
Their house their rules. When you get your house then you can give your own rules bro.

Intensify your job search so you can leave there. For now humble yourself and do as he says.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by corneli83(m): 12:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
Brother, you don't have etiquette nor fear of God (Exodus 20:12) is why you think you BIL who is 10 years older should wash dishes while you live in the the same house. I am sure that you shall begin to record success and prosperity as soon as you become humble (not to your BIL alone).

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 4C2215131: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
As long as you're under his roof, you got no choice.

He's sending you a subtle message-"get the hell out of my house"!

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by menxer: 12:48pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bros, wetin happen to your Papa house, Boko Haram burn am?

Stop playing the victim card, whatever treatment you are experiencing you set up yourself for it.

Wake up, your bro-in-law owes you nothing, his attitude towards you is clear on that.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 4C2215131: 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
at 30 say I catch myself staying with another relative, I rather live under the bridge!

Easy to say...
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 4C2215131: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
CandiceJay:
Mr Op, you re so very funny "Your Brother in law is too rude for your liking"... So u have a 'liking' in anoda man's house. Dats pride nd its irritating. If you can't find ur dream job, y dnt u start sumwer, teach. Even if its a primary schl wer u get paid 8k, start there nd get a room for urself instead of being a burden to ur sister. Or beta still plead wit her to help u wit a little money to get a room. You are 30 for crying out loud. I understand d economy is not stable but dats no excuse. Pls NLanders re begging u, try nd be responsible. Thank you. (No offense intended)

You're sounding like being 30 is the end of the world!

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by joshuacaleb(m): 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Well you have to show him respect as long as you are still with him. But from your explanations it sounds like you don't like him and so its difficult to show humility. Pls be humble and try get a job that will solve the problem.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
@ GMartyns i had a similar experience;i once stayed with my sister and her husband,i wash d dishes,sweep d floor,wash d toilet ,wash d car (nt everytime sha),den i was 21 and i was preparing for jamb;but at a time,i got tired of d place cos most times,i was home alon,i advise u leave d place afterall your parents did nt send u packing, and instead of looking for job up and down,why not try entrepreneurship,its beta den sitting down and doing notin. but op sincerely,u should do d dishes,nothing dey dere,weda u chop or not

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mohdimplez(m): 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.
Epic advice. Thumbs up[color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by CandiceJay(f): 12:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
4C2215131:

You're sounding like being 30 is the end of the world!

It's not d end of d world neither is it d beginning of d world. The point there is you shouldnt be in your married sister's house at 30(and be complaining of her husband's attitude).

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by dandollaz: 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
helovesme:
If you want the ridicule to stop then move out of their house oh.

I will advise you endure and remain humble. Keep washing the dishes, tidying the house, etc and intensify your job hunt and most importantly keep praying. Once you get a job, you can then move to your own place.
As far as he is not contributing to feeding,he is a coward to say such.if na me awol till 9-10pm let me see how he will command me.any i blame op at 30 he is still attaching.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ay04z(m): 12:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
oya open ur eyes,u re 30 a graduate,now u re expecting to get a white collar job abi?..find something doing and move out of dat house asap..teaching in private school could b stressful and low salary but brodaar manage it for d main time and get ur own accomodation even if na slap me i face u take it like dat and move on....God bless our hustle.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 4C2215131: 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
CandiceJay:

It's not d end of d world neither is it d beginning of d world. The point there is you shouldnt be in your married sister's house at 30(and be complaining of her husband's attitude).

What you should have said in your post earlier.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by danduchi(m): 12:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
Forgive the negative talk from others @OP... Just want to tell u nothing good comes easy... Remember Joseph in the bible, he disrespect him, do ur house chores with melody, I tell u the God I serve will change ur story

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ay04z(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Addicted2Women:
Why are you so concerned about him being an unbeliever ??
You are a believer and you ain't a virgin, you have been having sex.
He is way better than you.

Secondly, you have to show him the appreciation for allowing you stay in his house by washing the dishes and toilet.
Do you wanna wake up every morning, eat,bath and sleep all day ??

Thirdly, you said he doesn't work ??
Why ain't you working and have your own apartment ??
When i was 25, i was a millionaire.
Now, tell me how useless and lazy you are.

lol continue to dey lie.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by jacy67(f): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Op you're the one that is too rude for your BIL liking.
At 30 you should be someone's Brother in-law

6 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by adeboizy11(m): 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.
Gbe fun!!! He needs fervent prayers, in short he should pray till something happens( on mountain o) till God answers him, he shouldn't leave d mountain, not even in d ☔ or sunny weather.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by sauceEEP(m): 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Op you better bury your head in shame cos this thread is filled with "BBB" ( Bashing Back to Back)

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by id4sho(m): 1:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
man vs man at least we now know that two idle men will also produce friction

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Her Friend's Husband Buys Things From Side Chick For Wife / "My Husband Buys Chicken From Fastfood, Eats Alone, Hides Payment Receipts" / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.