Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,269 members, 7,839,348 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (33792 Views)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by sonofthunder: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
cococandy:
Na NL stories na. Always one-sided. He won't say what he did to contribute to the guy's attitude towards him.

He Probably looks down on the BIL as an 'unbeliever' which could be the reason the dude is rubbing the status of his tenancy in his face.

You know how some 'believers' can be condescending to people of different un/belief.
away from the op, I find it disturbing that your old likes adds up to '666'
***PokerFace ***
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
uyiekpenm:
Oga please try to get your own place. What do you expect. At your age you are living with your sister. Smh.
Pls respect yourself and leave that house.
will you give him an accommodation? Do you know the kind of challenges he's going thru that propelled his decision to reside with his sister?
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by echibuogwu(m): 2:07pm On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Seriously? Mr op you're nothing but a shameless hypocrite. So u have money to eat your own food and you've not tot of leaving your sister's matrimonial home. I could pick up a lot of words to use on you this evening but I'm just gonna keep my cool. Dude just get a life
it has not gotten to that extent na...take it easy ...
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 12, 2016
sonofthunder:
away from the op, I find it disturbing that your old likes adds up to '666' ***PokerFace ***
hahahahahahaha you no go kill person oh lol
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ephemmm: 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

I will rather stay in a room that contains six age-mates than staying in such a house. It has happened to me before calling me all sorts of names which I didn't care.

Even if you cannot afford a room, join your two or three friends and live together.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by akatekpe(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kai..Nairalanders, see how dm wash dis OP like Hypo abi na JIK?.. Anyways, bitter truth OP got from nairaland, pls accept d bashing in good fate n move out of ur sister' house if u can't stay humble.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ezegozie(m): 2:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
chaiiiiiiiiii.

una too get bad mouth.

i don laugh tire for here.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by dominique(f): 2:15pm On Jan 12, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Did you read that he's yet to get a job? Should he steal to rent an apartment?

Where in my post did he say that he should rent apartment? If he has a friend or relative that he can put up with, he can consider moving in with them if he's not comfortable with his BIL's rudeness.
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
that guy know what he's doing, he's waiting for that particular girl to comment on his topic. he has a plan
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by sonofthunder: 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2016
SaintHephzibah:
hahahahahahaha you no go kill person oh lol
lol
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by karbridals(f): 2:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
Thanks too

Thanks so much for this piece of advice for the young man. The man in question is even afterall ten years older than him. What is the big deal in him doing chores for him? Is the man not old enough to be his elder brother? If he truly is christian as claimed, where is his humility? This actually might be a testing period for his faith. Let him patiently without any form of resentment bear the wrongdoings. God at appropriate time will lift him up. [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Mekyno(m): 2:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ay04z:
lol continue to dey lie.
so u see am 2.....lol.
It's possible ooh bt d way e carry tok am make me no say na lie.
Bt look at his statement....he waz only a millionaire at age 25 bt no more (jst 4 one yr)
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Priest200(m): 2:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
Do u need to get information from the radio or t.v to move out..broda since u ar doing smtin get an apartment no matter hw it is and move out.u ar nt needed in that house.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
dominique:

Where in my post did he say that he should rent apartment? If he has a friend or relative that he can put up with, he can consider moving in with them if he's not comfortable with his BIL's rudeness.
You should have been clear instead of... lipsrsealed

It's okay anyway

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by sunsammie: 3:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
I am tempted to call you a " stup*id boy" at 30.

Common get a life!

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by preetyb(f): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
Were u expecting ur elder sister's husband to wash the dishes for you or is it ur sister that works 7 to 7 that will come back to wash them?. He is very much older than u so u just have to give him that respect even if his ways does not please you... If u can't tak it u can as well leave.

Nevertheless I understand ur anger. It is very painful to see the one who is suppose to provide being provided for. I also understand u r upset that ur sister is the one hustling instead of the husband. Such men can be so annoying as sitting at home has turned them to talkatives and trouble makers... I pray God gives u a good job soon.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by pdonrule(m): 3:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:
At 30 u are stayin with ur sister and her family..

Pray for urself bro.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Karleb(m): 3:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
I just want to appreciate all the commenters thus far, you guys have spoken my mind... I was just reading y'all comments and nodding.

But I've got something for the OP and that's - - - - - > angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bro, no condition is permanent, one day you will have your own place,but remember not to treat those under you the same way your shameless brother in law is treating you now.

Everything that happen in life is an act of God, so you need to endure and one day through hard work and resilience, God will surely see you through.

All the bigots spawning trash here don't know what life is all about.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by lomprico(m): 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

You gat issues dude! First u painted ur in-law black by calling him unbeliver, are u God? Is ur sister complaining? He is in his house, if u don't like the conditions there, move out!
You don't expect him to b doing d chores while u r there doing nothing. You no get respect??
My advice to you is look for friend who stays on his own and stay with, that will ginger you to start something small while u keep searching for job or you move back to ur parents.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by overlord77: 3:26pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.

Imagine the balls of that Nigga, calling another man names. Whatever he does in that house is non of your business and if you must be there, stop complaining and clean every Damn thing cleanable. At 30, you are too old to be squatting yet you have the guts to say the man is rude. Mscheeeww

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by gentlestandard: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
Bros, D truth must be told, u re boy to him, forget d ego of being his inlaw, do what is legitimate for u to do as u ll soon gain ur independence.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

my only advice to you is don't eat their food, even if you're not fasting.don't use their things, live like a visitor there , stayed briefly with a sister . I buy my own stuffs and eat mama put , when people feed you, they have certain control over you

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by yemivictor: 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.

That's a cheap shot just to get a few hundred likes. He may just be your employer tomorrow.

You don't say nasty things like this just for the sake of it.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by keishablack(f): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
9jaBloke:

Babe u take style harsh o. Your government no go easy at all. Your comment made sense anyway. Lol @ poor and proud
Lol...sorry I kinda sounded harsh. but I get pissed when ppl go abt complaining

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by ipreach: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pack out of that house

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Charly68: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obey the man as long as you are still under his roof,remember that God took you there to teach a basic lesson on how not to treat your own in-laws tomorrow ..my own in- law did worse things than that but since I had no where to go I did my best to manage the situation ..I came out better in life,helped my sister to sponsor her children as much as I could because we have a close knit family..I knew that if I left my sister at that critical moment in life,the man might kill her with frustration so seeing me around her was a great encouragement for my sister.. Please handle the matter with maturity I bet you he will kiss the dust at last. Though my own in- law is late now but before he died he confessed & apologized about his mis behavior..in his own family I noticed that there is no love ..hence everybody lived for themselves ..what a terrible life..Very soon you will get out of the mess & become a hero..if you really love your sister please endure till you break out and break through

2 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by keishablack(f): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
schumastic:

details of the sign post behind you though grin grin grin
Hmmmm dt?
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by GreenProjects: 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
Your brother-in-law is not here and has not said his piece yet everyone blamed you. I think you should change your thinking. You have no justification being in that house. When God blesses you with a job and your own place that is when you make the rules.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mummydirect(f): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
murmee:
Couldn't you write in simple good English? My friend, please show that you attended school now.
habaaa! if you can't comprehend all i have written, then, am sorry is not for your consumption. Am a waffarian, sometimes we express ourselves in pidgin just to relax a similly tensed situation. So my friend, if all I have written sounds incomprehensible to you, warri say" Waka Pass".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by jashar(f): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Cutehector:

Pray for urself bro.

cheesy grin EPIC

@OP, you got religion, that's your problem.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by schumastic(m): 5:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
yeah that grin grin
keishablack:

Hmmmm dt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Her Friend's Husband Buys Things From Side Chick For Wife / "My Husband Buys Chicken From Fastfood, Eats Alone, Hides Payment Receipts" / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.