Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,025 members, 7,838,572 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... (33788 Views)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / My Brother In Law Barged Into My Room While I Was Unclad!! / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Sijo01(f): 11:28am On Jan 12, 2016
Oga, go your apartment.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Rennerglo: 11:30am On Jan 12, 2016
you are very rude. you are staying with them and eating their food yet you feel too big to wash their plates. if you cant wash plate, go and rent your own house. can u imagine?

8 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Iko5000: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2016
Sorry OP where are you living Nigeria (which state) or abroad this will help with advice.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by toma3: 11:32am On Jan 12, 2016
chei, you are not shame of yourself for staying with your brother in law at that age

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by skuribeebo: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2016
stzy:
1. If I am d husband I'll definitely kick ur broke Jobless ass(though 2 of u guys aasses are Jobless). 2. D husband is older dan u. N since ur sister works 7-7 its ur Job nw 2 help her tidy her house. 3. So long as u stay in his house n u pay no rent foot no bills, he's ur. Boss. 4. As 2 which church he goes or d type of music he listens 2 should in no way concern u if it disturbs u buy a huge headphone. 5. Finally, u hav 10yrs 2 b a fool 4eva so really u hav no tym playing hide n seek with ur sister's hubby who's alreasy 40 n Jobless... Young niqqur go giit ur money n leaave ur sister's marriage in peace. A sentence is enough 4 moderately wise
olorun oba o, see bashing of life,chai.

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by OCTAVO: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2016
Oga you funny o! So you expect your sister's husband to be washing plates when you are living with them? If you are too big to wash plate, my friend move out!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 12, 2016
It is his house... his rules, he pays the rent and you don't. And stop all the how could she marry an unbeliever thing... you that you are a super believer why are you still staying with your sister at age 30 years?

Look for another accommodation, there is nothing you can do - he is in charge of his house, just leave.

GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by RELEASEUS: 11:34am On Jan 12, 2016
my friend, don't let people insult you. don't bring your rubbish here. I call it rubbish because it's what it is. How can you be disturbing the poor man and his wife for dem house with your old age on top? You should be ashamed. The man is doing all that for you to be fed up and leave yet you still siddon there. What's your business if he is godly or not? guy no disturb us abeg we gat better thing to think of not your poo.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Justicealh3(m): 11:35am On Jan 12, 2016
It just the World is writing BatteryLow, life goes on now may write Battery Shutdown.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by SpaceAngel: 11:35am On Jan 12, 2016
You have absolutely no right in another man's house whether he is your inlaw or not. Just obey the rules of the house or leave before he asks you to leave himself and there is nothing anybody will do about it. Don't cause problems for your sister of you love her happiness in marriage.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Pascal181: 11:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Tell ur sister in her kind nature 2 get a house 4 u somwhere since ur explanation suggest she's d bread winner of d family.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 11:37am On Jan 12, 2016
Bro you are staying under your In-Laws roof so you just have to Play by His rules.Get off your Fvckin High Horse, You can't be forming Boss in another man's House.

Honestly! I don't even see what the Issue is Here, If He was your Elder Brother will you be Making these Complaints? you'ld Probably Have 2 or 3 Siblings Between You People (10 Years is Such a Huge Gap)

8 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by jesse515: 11:37am On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:
Hello, I have to share this with you simply because I want to have you suggest and advice on what to do.

After my graduation, It's over a year now that I've been staying with my Elder Sister and her husband. No kids yet.  Believing God for a job. So I could be independent of anyone.

The issue is, I wonder how on earth my sister could marry him- an unbeliever. Him and my sister are just like two opposite poles. She's a believer, but the husband claims to be a christian but not ungodly so to speak. At a time, he stopped going to church for a period of 3 to 4 months.

He listens to corrupt songs, and at a time told my sister her parent would burry her soon. What transpired between them I could not tell.

He suddenly becomes rude, demanding that, I,  his brother in-law should wash every plate he uses to eat the food he cooks and dishes out by himself in the presence of my sister.

This is a man who stays at home all the day doing absolutely nothing. He is 40. I am 30.

Each time I return home, the kitchen is always messed up. And deliberately, leaves the kitchen in such a mess, so I could clean them up for him, since I'm staying with them. Yet, he could cook the food by himself, dished it by himself and sleep all all day or probably watch the TV .

My Sister works 7 to 7 daily, and most of the times, she would have been tired , returning from work.

We don't eat together. I wash every plate I personally use. Most times, I cook the food, and have him and my sister eat first. And then I dish mine later.

Lately, I have been observing some fastings, and I rarely go to the kitchen to cook nothing. Yet he demands that must wash every plate he uses to eat whether or not I eat on that day.

My question is, Is it right for my Sister's Husband to be demanding for such, asking me to wash his dirty plates? when he doesn't even care whether I have eaten or not.

He said and I quote " I can't be washing plates in this house, neither is my wife going to do same, you must wash every plate used in this house  henceforth"

To me, it is the hottest insult I have ever received. Not even my own mother would demand for such a dirty request...

Now, I resolved to not eating anymore in the house, probably that would put a stop to the ridicule.

U sound very rude, u didn't tell us wat transpired dat madee him demand u wash d plates, I bet if u wwill do worse dan diis ur in-law if u were in his shooes. Just imagine how u ar paintin him as a lazy man hu sits down doin notin, whereas u do ar doin notin, I shame for u. N unless u pack out of his house, u av to learn manners. For christ sake u ar under his roof n he is d alpha male not u. Go n marry ur wife n . Treat ur bwife's broda as u please.

Infact m angry... .

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by mizdizzel(f): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2016
angry

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by nattty(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2016
Am really embarrassed, common now, u re 30yrs of age wake up bro...

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by bidemi12(m): 11:40am On Jan 12, 2016
cococandy:
Na NL stories na. Always one-sided. He won't say what he did to contribute to the guy's attitude towards him.

He Probably looks down on the BIL as an 'unbeliever' which could be the reason the dude is rubbing the status of his tenancy in his face.

You know how some 'believers' can be condescending to people of different un/belief.

I swear. I seriously wonder what the phuck that means. Unbeliever my asss. He fails to see the irony of his condition. 30 year old man living in another man's house and he has the nerve to complain. I shudder at the way Nigerians think.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by sucess001(m): 11:41am On Jan 12, 2016
The advise you need is to go and get your own place...you are 30 for Pete's sake!

angry angry angry angry

8 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by OCTAVO: 11:42am On Jan 12, 2016
In fact you should wash plates and do lots more without being told!
You are plainly being lazy and obviously not respectful enough. My guy, you are leaving in someone's house o. Even if your sister paid the rent, he's still in charge! If you can't wash his plates, abeg waka!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by MrOrioye(m): 11:42am On Jan 12, 2016
He has issues...but bro it's not for you to iron out.

For you, it's either you keep washing dishes as a means if paying rent or go sleep under the bridge.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by 9jaBloke: 11:42am On Jan 12, 2016
keishablack:
Dude started by making his in-law look bad b4 bringing up his major grievance. There's nothing worse than a poor and proud person all in one. If u were humble enough u probably Wudda had a job by now or perhaps ur waiting till u hit it big. So while ur still waiting, how abt u do the dishes, sweep the house, run errands, even wash his cloths cuz ur living under their roof for free and eating free food.

Babe u take style harsh o. Your government no go easy at all. Your comment made sense anyway. Lol @ poor and proud

5 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by saintkel(m): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
I just taya
Madam all fingers r not equal. Maybe d Op has tried oda options but no way, u want him to just wake up n leave?, haba its not easy o
Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by kushsy: 11:44am On Jan 12, 2016
It doesn't matter whether you are 30 but you should pray hard for your self and your sister. Your sister might be going through a lot more than you see or know leaving with that kind of man as for you washing of plates and keeping the house tidy is not too much..you can do it gladly, see it as helping your sister..forgot about the Christianity..focus on prayers to get a job and also your sisters happiness. Than man might need your assurance in the future..work towards that.

1 Like

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by OlivetBen(m): 11:45am On Jan 12, 2016
A begger they say has no choice! Though I will not conclude that u are a begger but it's more or less than it. So long as u stay in his house, u are bound to do most of the house chores especially washing of the plates, sweeping the house if need be u can even wash his clothes, that is what is called humility.
Moreso, difficult time/situation spurs one to a greater height and @d same time teach u the ways of life (how to be good). If u don't experience such things, it'll be difficult for u to have respect for the poor and the less privilege jst the way some so called "born with silver spoons" treat the poor.
My final note is for u to endure it until God bless u because the bible says all things worketh together for good...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Nobody: 11:45am On Jan 12, 2016
All those in favour of the OP minding his religious hypocrisy, becoming humble in doing the dishes and respecting his BIL say ''Aye''

Those against say ''Nay''

The Ayes have it!!!

Sorry bro,

NAIRALANDERS JUST HAD TO UNANIMOUSLY SEE THROUGH YOU AND DESTROY YOU

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Mythinghot(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

You are a proud and poor religious hypocrite. Do you need to be told to wash plates? Or you will be there and he will be washing plates, even if it wasn't you that used it. Humility is key.

7 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by jephyboy(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
Abeg make una take am easy with the guy.......We all agree that he should do the dishes......times are rough.....but even at that.......I suggest he should leave that house and move into a face me face you apartment and retain his self esteem.......

I hope this makes fp

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Panzerfaust(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
GMartyns:

His house, his rules. Get yourself a job or shut up.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Cully408(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
Suigeneris93:
Seriously? Mr op you're nothing but a shameless hypocrite. So u have money to eat your own food and you've not tot of leaving your sister's matrimonial home. I could pick up a lot of words to use on you this evening but I'm just gonna keep my cool. Dude just get a life
Hey come on, all he need now is ur advice and nt insult plz bcuz i believe if he has gotten a good job he won't b living with is elder sister.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by Ayauche(f): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
My dear I must tell u the truth, as far as u are living under his roof whether he works or not, u must live by his rules. But wait ooo, were u expecting him or ur sister to wash dishes 4 u, u are even lucky he cooks, if not u will do all that without complaining. U are 30 and he's 40 and u want him to be treating u like a god becos u are an inlaw. If u are tired of all dat then leave the house, I wud even prefer u are staying in a friend's place cos u are a guy. Plz quit complaining and intensify ur search 4 job. Goodluck to u

9 Likes

Re: My Brother In Law (sister's Husby) Is Becoming Too Rude For My Liking... by callherspices(f): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2016
The fact that u r 30 and still staying under him (BIL) and his wife is a huge headache and discomfort for him.....if u were a lady he would have chased u out with his diccck...move out..squat with a friend if u have to pending the time u get on ur feet...it's totally disrespectful of him and believe me.....worse is coming ur way

SHALOM

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Narrates How Her Friend's Husband Buys Things From Side Chick For Wife / "My Husband Buys Chicken From Fastfood, Eats Alone, Hides Payment Receipts" / Nigerian Mum Flown To US, Finds Her Daughter Pregnant After 10 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.