Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,602 members, 7,820,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote (38160 Views)

“my Refinery Is 8 Times Bigger Than Victoria Island” – Dangote Boasts See More - / Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island / Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by scholes0(m): 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Super1Star:
SW is the highest producer of Cement in Africa, courtesy of Lafarge and Dangote.

It is bound to be the highest producer of fertiliser and petroleum products in the next 1 year, courtesy of our investment friendly climate.

It has the gateway of West Africa to Internet access to the world courtesy of our indigenous Glo and Main One companies.

Our car assembling plants are being resuscitated on a daily basis.

The region is the financial capital of West Africa and most likely Africa.

The entertainment capital of Africa.

The media capital of West Africa.

Who God has blessed, no man can curse. They can only bitter. They know themselves.

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Ijaya123: 3:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dragonking:
Oga stop being ignorant...This deal has already been signed by GEJ administration since 2013...This current administration is known to take accolade for the good work GEJ administration did but will come to the media to tarnish him for the bad ones..

Read here and get enlightened; http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/09/dangote-signs-9bn-deal-to-build-oil-refinery-petrochemical-complex/

Where has the government taken accolade for this?
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by chinchum(m): 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
I have a feeling the refinery will actually be ready by 2019.

The refinery was earlier planned to be sited at Olokola free trade zone in Ondo state, but the LASG did a lot to woo Dangote to bring the refinery to the Lekki free trade zone

4 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Dom2020: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
this is one Nigerian that think straight, well done sir

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by dennisworld1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2016
we go collect our oil if all this yeye nairalander make me vess now
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by asha80(m): 3:21pm On Jan 12, 2016
wellmax:

Who else is hearing this for the first time.
it is supposed to be lekki free trade zzone unless the name has being changed
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
Don't you know where Lekki is or are you just rushing to comment.... and you expect him to give you refined fuel free of charge when he has to buy crude oil with his own money?

Feranchek:
Feranchek:
I'm yet to find that non-cleric Nigerian, that gives free of charge. BTW, last I checked, his refinery isn't being built in Nigeria. So at the end of the day, na still importation we go dey do

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by nattty(m): 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
God answer my prayer too, no b say we sef no get ideas but d capital nah d koko....

Ride on Dangote m on my way to d top too...
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
So good
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by dorox(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
kropelgrada:
After all said and done,a private owned refinery is a nice way to go for the FG. But I still have my reservations due to the fact that being a private business, the refinery will be looking to make profit,so where does that leave the masses. We will still buy fuel at high rate. And Dangote we all know being a capitalist that he is will not bring the price down,instead he'll be looking to monopolize the oil sector like he did to the cement sector,then we'll practically start feeding out of his hands.And who's that dude talking about him being on the Top 10 in Forbes list,he's going to be number 1 in the world in the next 10 years or so!

Some people had a similar reservation with regards to allowing private participation in the telecoms sector. They argued that telecoms services will be out of the reach of the common man (as if the rich man talkless of common man had phones) if government refuse to come to the aid of Nitel.
Today Nitel is dead, and virtually every body have phones.

It is the same thing I see happening to NNPC refinery arm, it won't be able to compete and government would have no more need nor the desire to keep it from going under when the nation is no longer reliant on it for products .

7 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by oglalasioux(m): 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
The kind of stories I want to hear about Africa and Africans. There is hope.

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by yayankainuwa: 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
Buhari is working, and the idiots are shouting Biafra. Mind u Nwobodo is now in the 'islamic party' .

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by tonte23(m): 3:27pm On Jan 12, 2016
happy

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by chynie: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:
You see why it is said that the only reason why we cant make it is the limitations/wedges we create 4 ourselves! This is one man that thinks out of the box! This is how wealthy people think: rich men wnt think like this!!!

Carry on DAD!

Sir are u made already?

just asking grin

coos i need some points
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by iamord(m): 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
There is need of a dangote in every sphere of the economy. And Africa will change for sure

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by scholes0(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
Iko5000:
where is the crude oil coming from ,ah yes from the Niger Delta

He won't be getting the crude for free, dumbo. Presently, foreigners buy and refine in their countries then sell to us.
He will buy, refine in Nigeria then SELL to Nigerians, keeping the entire economic cycle within!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Dragonking: 3:30pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ijaya123:

Where has the government taken accolade for this?
Which govt were you praising after reading this thread?
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
did you forget he is going to be buying it... if there is no crude oil in niger delta, he can decide to buy it from Angola, Venezuela, Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia.

Iko5000:
where is the crude oil coming from ,ah yes from the Niger Delta

5 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Herald47: 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
PentiumPro:

That is the nonsense story your forefather sold to you.
Ipob thug
it's now a nonsense story because the joke is you ryt?.i reserve my comment i will bring it up someday,hope to meet you because that day will be herald.

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Yungbitz(m): 3:33pm On Jan 12, 2016
kropelgrada:
After all said and done,a private owned refinery is a nice way to go for the FG. But I still have my reservations due to the fact that being a private business, the refinery will be looking to make profit,so where does that leave the masses. We will still buy fuel at high rate. And Dangote we all know being a capitalist that he is will not bring the price down,instead he'll be looking to monopolize the oil sector like he did to the cement sector,then we'll practically start feeding out of his hands.And who's that dude talking about him being on the Top 10 in Forbes list,he's going to be number 1 in the world in the next 10 years or so!

You took the words straight out of my mouth...Bill Gates n Slim's time is nearly up...Dangote's storm is just around the corner ready to swim them off that top spot

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by profmallory(m): 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dangote's wealth is about to explode. This man is visionary. There are other quite wealthy Nigerian's, but they would rather invest else where but Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by PentiumPro(f): 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Herald47:
[s]it's now a nonsense story because the joke is you ryt?.i reserve my comment i will bring it up someday,hope to meet you because that day will be herald[/s].

Write in Ibo, it would make sense.

3 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Phobia1: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
Herald47:
That's good,as we all can see nobody is initiating any policy that will crumble his refinery,now that ifeanyi uba is making moves to build his own refinery and jim ovia building his petrochemical plant in akwa ibom and shell building their massive gas plant in imo state,and anambra state government making move to build a large gas plant and new refinery,we don't want him to tell his brother(buhari)to initiate any policy that will crumble these ones i mentioned earlier,we all know the inconveniences they are creating for ibeto cement because they are afraid of competition.
Chaee. which day u pple go find peace within una sef? if una find it difficult to find peace within una sef, it wil b difficult for una to move forward o

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by mapet: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
knostbrown01:
monopoly of trade.... make dis man no turns us 2slave at d end

Monopoly of idiocy
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Bimpe29: 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2016
May God make it easy for you, and make it a source of macroeconomic prosperity for us. More of such investments are needed
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by mapet: 3:39pm On Jan 12, 2016
wellmax:

I thought same when I was reading it. Was he granted a free trade zone or Lekki FTZ the reporter meant
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Louislewis: 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
[size=18pt]If one man can give us that, then, something is wrong with the federal government.[/size]

7 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by sam90s(m): 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2016
No they won't, but my countrymen will slam Dangote for monopoly and see nothing wrong when foreigners take the initiative and take advantage of opportunities undecided

carinmom:
This is really patriotic. Other business moguls in Naija should try to emulate what Dangote is doing.

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by 49cents(m): 3:43pm On Jan 12, 2016
PentiumPro:
Dividend that only a peaceful and capital friendly region can enjoy, not a region that threatens to secede every time or one the one using religion to create chaos.

Commonsense

Lagos consumes 50 percent of the nation's usage....mustyou be always parochial in thought

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by mamaafrik(m): 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
wellmax:

e suprise me self,but "fa'ani arawanoni ose"
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Patozorinzo: 3:44pm On Jan 12, 2016
Coming frm dangote, i believe.
Just imagine the reaction of nigerians if this statement was made by Lai mohammed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cleaning / Aliko Dangote, Toyin Saraki And Others Attend Folorunsho Alakija’s Son’s Wedding / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.