Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote (38162 Views)

“my Refinery Is 8 Times Bigger Than Victoria Island” – Dangote Boasts See More - / Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island / Customs Removes Ban On Importation Of Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Ijaya123: 3:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dragonking:
Which govt were you praising after reading this thread?

I can see comprehension problem here.
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by sam90s(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
Pidggin:
SW will be ripped off

I'll rather that than some foreign corperations doing the rip-off, at least we're rest assured the trickle down effect will be mostly local, don't you agree?

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by oluwazino(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:
You see why it is said that the only reason why we cant make it is the limitations/wedges we create 4 ourselves! This is one man that thinks out of the box! This is how wealthy people think: rich men wnt think like this!!!

Carry on DAD!
Weldone how he is ur fada abi weldone sad
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by MrCEO69(m): 3:47pm On Jan 12, 2016
The Government should pls repair our own refineries and make it working and stop using our money for their private business aka dangote and company isn't a one man business. Monopoly isn't Good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by allthingsgood: 3:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
I Just hope this wont turn to a monopoly.....Dangote will then hold the whole country at its balls making him the ultimate kingmaker!

CBN and Nigerians....be wise o

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Dragonking: 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ijaya123:

I can see comprehension problem here.
Answer the question and stop running away...you asked a question and I shamed you....
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Jencejyde(m): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kudos To Alhaji Aliko Dangote on this.

My worrry however stems from the fact that for the past decade or so, we have had Professionals within the Oil and Gas Industry and even Monetary and Economic Institutions whom have not been able to complete this type of project.

Its a shame that one man in the whole of this country will be having a fully functional refinery in this same country where we have heard from people whom with all due respect have dissapointed saying "Refineries cannot work in Nigeria"

I also smell the aura of politics and knowing Alhaji very well, he has seen that the terrain would no longer make it possible or rather make it very hard to cut corners these days hence the swift move to get this done.

It brings to the fore what all our ministers and economic experts have been doing in office these many years regarding the Oil and Gas Industry.

Sound Economists have proven over and over again that the only way forward is to refine your own natural product, thereby creating enough local consumption which regardless of the international imbalances in price would not affect the economy within (this of course, putting into consideration that the economy of such a country relies heavily on the product)

Again i wonder why we have been made to suffer for nothing for so many years....I really wonder. smh..

4 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by mamaafrik(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
49cents:

Commonsense

Lagos consumes 50 percent of the nation's usage....mustyou be always parochial in thought
you are right and also the guy,lagos gives the market(population),security(peace) ,communication (seaport for crude and even export of petrochmical products and nearness to distrubtion depot for final refine product ) it's going to be less cost intensive to build,fuel and distribute power produced by powerplant in lagos too because of ready laid gas layout.

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Ayatullah(m): 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
carinmom:
This is really patriotic. Other business moguls in Naija should try to emulate what Dangote is doing.

May Allah bless him more and more. That's a Muslim mind at work.

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by akigbemaru: 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
dangote is talking and you listen.

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by wazobiaN9(m): 4:01pm On Jan 12, 2016
May God (continue to) bless Dangote!!!

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by PentiumPro(f): 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
49cents:

Commonsense

Lagos consumes 50 percent of the nation's usage....mustyou be always parochial in thought

...Mr ITK, where is your verifiable source? You just jerk off figures from the thin air and dump it on NL?

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by PentiumPro(f): 4:04pm On Jan 12, 2016
mamaafrik:
you are right and also the guy,lagos gives the market(population),security(peace) ,communication (seaport for crude and even export of petrochmical products and nearness to distrubtion depot for final refine product ) it's going to be less cost intensive to build,fuel and distribute power produced by powerplant in lagos too because of ready laid gas layout.

This is the key point. Every other resources needed chases Security and peace of mind for investment.
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dangote is a blessing to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by TeamSimple(m): 4:12pm On Jan 12, 2016
South West = Silent Achievers.

Unlike one tribe that comes here to masturbate over every paper mashed works,welding and irrelevant 'inventions' in the 21 century carried out by their jobless youths. They even celebrated seeing 'keke fashola' today on FP.

4 Likes

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by adamskutty(m): 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
PentiumPro:
Dividend that only a peaceful and capital friendly region can enjoy, not a region that threatens to secede every time or one the one using religion to create chaos.
you are one hell of a thick mama cheesy

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by PentiumPro(f): 4:14pm On Jan 12, 2016
adamskutty:
you are one hell of a thick mama cheesy

You like Orobo? I'm shedding weight now. tongue
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by adamskutty(m): 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2016
PentiumPro:

You like Orobo? I'm shedding weight now. tongue
I like your size, no go turn lekpa o. grin
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by GodMode: 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
sam90s:

I'll rather that than some foreign corperations doing the rip-off, at least we're rest assured the trickle down effect will be mostly local, don't you agree?

There are many oil companies in lagos.... some of them have polluted the ocean and farmlands... Dangote's refinery may cause more damage...
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by dantewest: 4:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
I have often wondered why the proposed refinary is not built close to the oil wells in the south?

Is there no more space in the South anymore?
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Obiwiz(m): 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Super1Star:
SW is the highest producer of Cement in Africa, courtesy of Lafarge and Dangote.

It is bound to be the highest producer of fertiliser and petroleum products in the next 1 year, courtesy of our investment friendly climate.

It has the gateway of West Africa to Internet access to the world courtesy of our indigenous Glo and Main One companies.

Our car assembling plants are being resuscitated on a daily basis.

The region is the financial capital of West Africa and most likely Africa.

The entertainment capital of Africa.

The media capital of West Africa.

Who God has blessed, no man can curse. They can only bitter. They know themselves.
And the petroleum to be refined will be coming from........?
Until you're able to fearlessly say yes to self-determination in the Nigerian State, then all these things you said don't add up. Now, think!
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
I expect Niger deltans who are wealthy to secure refinery license to build refineries and refine crude oil...Instead of that they are busy killing themselves to be governors ....what a waste of leaders ....
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by proxillin(m): 4:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
I dont trust this man.

remember what he did in Cement.

From slavery to another.

1 Like

Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by carinmom(f): 4:35pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ayatullah:

May Allah bless him more and more. That's a Muslim mind at work.
Masha'Allah.
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by PentiumPro(f): 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
adamskutty:

I'm sure you are lekpa. Na Lekpa guys dey chase me around. I'm tired of small boys wey no get respect chasing me.
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Crownadex(m): 4:37pm On Jan 12, 2016
God will help him
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Sgwash: 4:45pm On Jan 12, 2016
Herald47:
That's good,as we all can see nobody is initiating any policy that will crumble his refinery,now that ifeanyi uba is making moves to build his own refinery and jim ovia building his petrochemical plant in akwa ibom and shell building their massive gas plant in imo state,and anambra state government making move to build a large gas plant and new refinery,we don't want him to tell his brother(buhari)to initiate any policy that will crumble these ones i mentioned earlier,we all know the inconveniences they are creating for ibeto cement because they are afraid of competition.
Don't mind these gimmicks
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Super1Star: 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
GreatSE:

This is very very pathetic for somebody who is from Osun state seeing Lagos as his enclave.... Lagos belongs to every Nigerian for now, when we take our oil that refinery will go into moribund.

Please take your oil or oyel.

We are the second highest oil producing region courtesy of Ondo State and now Lagos is joining.

Even if we do not have oil, we will be shipping in crude oil to refine for West Africa.

How about that slow coach?
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Super1Star: 4:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
Obiwiz:

And the petroleum to be refined will be coming from........?
Until you're able to fearlessly say yes to self-determination in the Nigerian State, then all these things you said don't add up. Now, think!

It will be coming from Ondo State and any other place that does not have sufficient capacity to refine it's crude oil.

We said yes to regionalism, but one deranged trigger happy scuttled everything, in.the name of Nzeogwu and his gang. Another beneficiary of the killing spree, in the name of Ironsi, quashed our regionalism and introduced Unitarism, in the bid of igbos to lord it over others, after killing our leaders.
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by aalabi: 4:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by swezenberg(m): 4:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
adamskutty:

What you see there don't come cheap. Be ready to spend, more affectionate, bring out the gentle man in you because you will need to treat her like a goddess.
Re: No More Importation Of Petrol Once My Refinery Is Ready- Dangote by Mackson01: 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2016
Great move. We will get there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cleaning / Aliko Dangote, Toyin Saraki And Others Attend Folorunsho Alakija’s Son’s Wedding / CBN Clean Note Policy: Mutilated Naira Notes May Be Useless After September 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.