Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,803 members, 7,824,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators (5820 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 9:37am On Jun 19, 2009
There has been a significant increase in complaints/queries this week about actions taken (or not taken) by the moderators/admin on the romance forum.

I have spent a bit of time trying to explain my own philosophy as it comes to moderating (within laid down rules by the admin) but I feel doing so on other threads detracts from their main topics and that would not be a good way to handle the matter.

I am therefore creating this feedback thread to increase communication between myself and forum members. Other romance mods are free to come in to air their views as well, and will do so when they see the need.

In this regard, feedback is defined as:

- Complaints about moderator actions needing resolution (be specific and brief if possible)
- Request for clarification on how the sections have been handled or why a certain approach is used
- Suggestions for improvement either for the mods or the admin, regarding the romance section.
- Comments (very brief) on what is going well or not going well.

As always, try to comply with forum rules. I look forward to reading from you.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 19, 2009
please disregard the whiners

what the hell is so hard about complying with instructions

some people are going to have a very hard time adjusting to working in a professional environment where they will answer to people with all sorts of personal quirks

na wa o, wonder how seun was able to moderate NL alone for so long. grin grin grin

abeg carry go!

if you ban me. . .i go start my own protest threads  angry
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 10:20am On Jun 19, 2009
I'll give them benefit of the doubt - maybe some do not really understand the rules and the role of a moderator.

If you create any protest thread, you will be locked with david and osisi inside a thread for a week as punishment. tongue grin
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 19, 2009
Auguri!! grin
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 12:01pm On Jun 19, 2009
Nice one Debo.

I'll like to ask those who are fond of blaming mobs/admin to refrain from doing so.

If anyone creates a thread saying this or that, wait and see what the response will be from either admin/mods.

People get warned before action is being taken but in the typical African style, they do not listen. These people then create threads to blame people when they have been warned.

The forum is about trying to serve everyone fairly, If lots of people feel offended by your action(s), and you were warned to refrain from such. then comply.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by biola44: 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2009
swift action is all dats needed!
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2009
The forum is about trying to serve everyone fairly, If lots of people feel offended by your action(s), and you were warned to refrain from such. then comply.

this is what always comes to my mind when a moderator pastes the word comply  cheesy

from robocop the ED209
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2009
Well, some people treat moderators as spoil-sports, and i have to keep reminding them that even moderators must keep to the rules.
And again, those people that complain, i want to assume they have read the rules first.

But all that being said, some factors make this board unique to others like games for instance:
1. This is a high-traffick board.
2. The rate at which people "piss" off each other here too is somewhat highest higher.
3. The rate at which blows are exchanged here is somewhat high too.
4. It is either that people do not read rules (or prefer not to stick to rules) even those that complain.

But, from what i have seen, i will say you guyz that moderate these boards are really trying. . .this board is not that easy to moderate
to satisfy everybody from the look of things.

And finally, i think this is a good idea from you debosky. I dont have any complaints for now.

Oya, people log your complaints o if you have the balls!
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by platinumnk(f): 5:12pm On Jun 19, 2009
lol@ the pic

what happened to stephenp?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Busybody2(f): 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2009
~Subscribing to thread~
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by spikedcylinder: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2009
platinumnk:

what happened to stephenp?

How? He still comes online does he not?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by platinumnk(f): 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2009
spikedcylinder:

How? He still comes online does he not?

he isnt a moderator anymore, at least not in the dating section undecided
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 6:25pm On Jun 19, 2009
He wasn't sufficiently active in his moderating duties and was replaced to improve supervision of the sections he formerly handled.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 19, 2009
by Oyb
some people are going to have a very hard time adjusting to working in a professional environment where they will answer to people with all sorts of personal quirks
I'm 100% behind you.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Tudor6(f): 7:06pm On Jun 19, 2009
Why does this kind of thread not exist in the islam for muslims section?
Afterall thats where most people get banned without warning.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Tudor6(f): 7:08pm On Jun 19, 2009
And BTW kindly tell us why OBNOXIOUS thread was locked
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by AmAlone: 7:10pm On Jun 19, 2009
Moderators or who so ever deleted my post!
I beg of you, why na?
I think I need some reasonable explantions as to why my post was deleted!
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by AmAlone: 7:19pm On Jun 19, 2009
Am Alone:

Moderators or who so ever deleted my post!
I beg of you, why na?
I think I need some reasonable explantions as to why my post was deleted!

it takes less tha 4mins to have my post delete!
why 200 to give me some reasonable explantions?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Busybody2(f): 7:23pm On Jun 19, 2009
Tudór:

And BTW kindly tell us why OBNOXIOUS thread was locked

Exactly, and not only was it locked it was removed too angry And for want of a berra question to ask too, why is Mcbrash no longer a Mod cheesy
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by MrCrackles(m): 7:25pm On Jun 19, 2009
Busy_body:

Exactly, and not only was it locked it was removed too angry And for want of a berra question to ask too, why is Mcbrash no longer a Mod cheesy

He resigned because he wants to get back to his old BRASHY ways! grin cheesy Seriously i resigned Busybody, cant be bothered! cheesy
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Busybody2(f): 7:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
grin Oops, already knew lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed You told me tongue I should have said that was a closed question grin grin grin

You are my hero anyday sha kiss You, Sarong and Adam B give me the livber to be bad grin grin grin
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 9:57pm On Jun 19, 2009
Am Alone:

it takes less tha 4mins to have my post delete!
why 200 to give me some reasonable explantions?
you attacked patwhizkid hence the post was deleted. I'd advise you to desist from making hateful comments else you'll be banned next time. wink
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 20, 2009
debosky:

you attacked patwhizkid hence the post was deleted. I'd advise you to desist from making hateful comments else you'll be banned next time. wink
My pato? thank God i did not see the post or i might have. . .

@Mcbrash, if i were to come to that bridge, i guess i will opt out too. . .i support you jor

Now, where are those complaining about me sef? or they prefer to hide in the shadows?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by money5: 3:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
my Dear moderator,you are doing a good job.Just like an adage  says,where there is no law,there is no offence.Only that some people want to live their life without a guide but that can work anywhere in the wold.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 4:41pm On Jun 22, 2009
Thanks for the comment, interesting that this is your first post on nairaland. wink

Surprising that given the 'outrage' of the last week that no major complaints have shown up here. . . I guess I must have answered the nagging questions well in the relevant threads. grin
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2009
debosky:

Thanks for the comment, interesting that this is your first post on nairaland. wink

Surprising that given the 'outrage' of the last week that no major complaints have shown up here. . . I guess I must have answered the nagging questions well in the relevant threads. grin

They'll never complain where they should. They expect the mods to know where a fight and a complaint are. Like say we get radar.

grin As for me, any offtopic is out. I'll leave a link where you can trash out all you have to say but the thread must go on.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 22, 2009
All them stoooopid boys wey dey complain about me, them no go show their faces now o! Abi them dey fear fear?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 8:01pm On Jun 22, 2009
@ dhtml

This is a romance feedback thread, not for the whole forum. Establish one on your section if needed. Kindly also desist from using abusive language on forum members - it's not right for either mods or members to engage in that.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2009
where is starstruck? It would be a real pity if the mods have succeeded in driving her away.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2009
davidylan:

where is starstruck? It would be a real pity if the mods have succeeded in driving her away.
I did not know the mods were called to hold a deciding meeting about starstruck. . . .and i do not even know her sef (where was I)?

Ehm, debosky, i dont mean on my board, i meant on this romance board, some people have been complaining about me and
have been abusing me sef, i dont want to mention their names. They know themselves. And sorry, i still forget i am a mod atimes.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by bluspice(f): 8:39pm On Jun 22, 2009
davidylan:

on the contrary it would be a shame on their path and an attestation to preconceived notions of tyranny
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 22, 2009
Getting really hot here. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Married Woman Wants Me To Impregnate Her Against My Will-help? / My Departed Girlfriend Is Back, She Is Killing Me, Please Helf / In The Most Brutal Way

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.