Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,002 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators (5827 Views)

8 Places Guys Will Get Positive Feedback From Single Ladies When They Woo Them / How To Stop A Girl You Like, Talk To Her & Get Her Number In Minutes / Moderator Feedback: Talk To Debosky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by spikedcylinder: 3:17pm On Jun 30, 2009
*dhtml:

Whenever i move a poster's topic, the least i do is copy the link of that thread and
post it with a short message to the poster. . .So they will not start complaining.

I personally do not feel it is ok to just move some's post like that without informing
them especially if the post does not violate nairaland rules - written / unwritten.

So every time you want to move a thread that has been posted in the wrong section, you inform the OP before or after? And this is knowing fully well that the OP can choose to be sensible enough to check his/her previous posts to find his/her moved thread?

Sure.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2009
Dont mind sam, he knew what to do , he just felt like making a complaint wink
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2009
There are a gazillion threads posted in the wrong sections - I cannot and will not make a reference on each thread I move because it is impractical. When deemed necessary, it will be done, but that is at the discretion of the moderator involved.

*dhtml:

I personally do not feel it is ok to just move some's post like that without informing
them especially[b] if the post does not violate nairaland rules - written / unwritten.[/b]

Dude if the thread is in the wrong section it HAS violated rules that is why it must be moved.

I don't know what Sam was getting at, but he gave a wrong impression by stating he couldn't even find his posts when the opposite was the case. Again, before making accusations, check properly.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2009
I am not saying anything new. But it happened to me too of recent, when my topic was deleted like 5 days ago by seun, i saw the notification in my box, till now i still dont know what i did wrong, and it was in webmasters too (where i never post rubbish).
But having said all that, i guess i should leave hia now, before we blow this thread already.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by babymi2(f): 4:44pm On Jun 30, 2009
*dhtml:

I am not saying anything new. But it happened to me too of recent, when my topic was deleted like 5 days ago by seun, i saw the notification in my box, till now i still dont know what i did wrong, and it was in webmasters too (where i never post rubbish).
But having said all that, i guess i should leave hia now, before we blow this thread already.
TAKE IT EASY BOBO
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 4:46pm On Jun 30, 2009
Again, the issues you are raising are unrelated to this feedback thread - you know how to get in touch with Seun if you have a problem with him. Please limit comments to romance related moderation.

Thank you
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by spikedcylinder: 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2009
Deleting threads is different from moving/modifying threads.

Its like one is talking to an angelic fucking brick wall. undecided
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2009
2-to-1, no problemo. maybe i am not speaking singlish. Bye to this thread then. No offense to anyone please.
Besides, i guess i am just wasting my posts anyway, talking of brick walls. Lemme go and sleep jor.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 30, 2009
@ dhtml

weren't you once a mod? You should know how these things work.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2009
spikedcylinder:

So every time you want to move a thread that has been posted in the wrong section, you inform the OP before or after? And this is knowing fully well that the OP can choose to be sensible enough to check his/her previous posts to find his/her moved thread?

Sure.

Well, The thread moved in this case was atleast 80% related to Romance Section,
So i was surprised when i couldnt find it.
You must understand that not everybody here knows how to go to their profiles to check their posts.
That was why i raised it anyway.
No 2. is that it is proper to either leave a link behind (Maybe not enabled by seun)
Or pm the poster with the link to the post.
It doesnt take more than 20 seconds (Btw , what else are mods for? if you cant pm a link to a member)

@debosky,
You said something about breaking the rules , REALLY?
The PM system, why do you think it was enabled for mods?

There are topics that can be posted and fit in to two or more sections here,
I guess they are classified as breaking the rules as well,
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 30, 2009
michelin89:

@ dhtml

weren't you once a mod?  You should know how these things work.
Resigned as dhtml and came back to duty as *dhtml (long story). But it seems i dont understand some of these mods in romance section.
*I spend more time in this romance section than the 2 boards i moderate added together, so i am concerned abt what is going down here*
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jun 30, 2009
*dhtml:

Resigned as dhtml and came back to duty as *dhtml (long story). But it seems i dont understand some of these mods in romance section.
*I spend more time in this romance section than the 2 boards i moderate added together, so i am concerned abt what is going down here*

Each mod has their way of moderating. When I am on a board that isn't mine, i don't question other mods' authorities. I am a member like any other so whatever they decide, I do. I may protest but I won't go to them to tell them what they should do.

Your authority ends where someone else's begins!
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 30, 2009
Michelin, i do not question their authorities, and by the way. I dont care whether i am moderator or not to say my mind or even if i am banned sef.
what lead to my resignation was similar to this. I just wish to be clear on some things as a NL - viz - my rights.
But as long as i am a moderator, i will do my duties. Finish. And still retain my freedom like any other nairalander else i quit. Gbam.
Meanwhile, some things are universal to moderating, such as PM for instance - unless the issue is not important.

Meanwhile, moderators too have rules. And do not just do everything by their discretion - or so i was told by seun during my training.

*And, how can a small boy like me even kueshun power-tripping mods sef?*
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Gabry(f): 1:07am On Jul 01, 2009
Guys, but in another way, I think both parties are wrong.

If MOD's could move a particular thread, I dont see why they cannot send a PM to the member on the thread being move.

On the other hand, if the member could not find his/her thread, the member should ask the MOD's on where did they move the thread too instead of making as big issue out of it cause am sure the MOD's will tell them where they move their threads to.

But I still stick with Sammy's solution where the MOD's should inform the members cause than it will safe time. When a member ask a MOD a question, the member would have to wait till the MOD is online to answer that which can be a waste of time and its frustrating.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 11:14am On Jul 01, 2009
Sam Milla:

Well, The thread moved in this case was atleast 80% related to Romance Section,
So i was surprised when i couldnt find it.
You must understand that not everybody here knows how to go to their profiles to check their posts.
That was why i raised it anyway.
That is a fair comment, with your example, people should be able to do that now.

No 2. is that it is proper to either leave a link behind (Maybe not enabled by seun)
Or pm the poster with the link to the post.
It doesnt take more than 20 seconds (Btw , what else are mods for? if you cant pm a link to a member)

It is IMPRACTICAL. Supposing the thread had 30 different posters and needed to be moved? Will I now PM 30 MEMBERS to inform them that I moved ONE thread (out of the 30 or so threads I move daily)??

When relevant, I can CHOOSE to PM a member to inform about a moved thread - it is not compulsory. I guess the hundreds of spam thread posters should also be informed when their threads are binned.0

@debosky,
You said something about breaking the rules , REALLY?
The PM system, why do you think it was enabled for mods?
For communication with members, not for babying people and explaining each and every action.

There are topics that can be posted and fit in to two or more sections here,
I guess they are classified as breaking the rules as well,
No they are not, but administrative decisions need to be taken for running the forum and every member will not be informed in every case.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2009
*dhtml:

*And, how can a small boy like me even kueshun power-tripping mods sef?*

when i said  seant was a nuisance i didn't realise she had infected you, what kind of silly statement is this?

You can never please people, and they can never take the blame for things they did.

Anything that happens its power tripping mods.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 01, 2009
For communication with members, not for babying people and explaining each and every action.

Debosky?

Isnt Sending a PM to the auhor of a thread a form of communication?

What kind of communication do you mean?

Meanwhile stop complicating things here by saying you cant PM 30 People.

The only person whom i believe should recieve the PM is the thread creator.
Simply because it was him/her who wanted opinions from people.

@Mukina and Dhtml, Please let it go guyz,
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 2:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
where?

No one's fighting wink
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 01, 2009
@ Sam

When you were a mod, how many threads did you move in a day and how many authors did you notified?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 01, 2009
michelin89:

@ Sam

When you were a mod, how many threads did you move in a day and how many authors did you notified?

Good Question,

When i was a mod on the jokes section, The PM system was not enabled for moderators.

The Jokes section always have a thread where everybody interacts.

Therefore, i use those threads to tell the authors that i moved their posts.

On Webmasters section, i moved only two topics for the entire time i worked there.
I sent PMs To the two guys who started the threads,
so you must understand why i believe it is proper to tell a thread author that his/her thread was moved.

As a matter of fact, The simple Machines Community, the biggest Community sitting on Smf, sends me a pm when they move my posts.
Sometimes they even ask me whether i want them to move it to a related section where it will get more attention.

That was why i said that some sections are related here and DEBOSKY said no,

I could give him one hundred topics here that can easily fit in in different sections,
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2009
Sam Milla:

Debosky?

Isnt Sending a PM to the auhor of a thread a form of communication?

What kind of communication do you mean?

Communication as and when deemed appropriate by the mod.

Meanwhile stop complicating things here by saying you cant PM 30 People.
Why won't I complicate it? Sometimes you think up singular [/i]examples to justify your case without looking at [i]wider [/i]implications. If I move 30 threads, won't I need to PM 30 people? Do you know the amount of traffic on the MAIN Romance board alone daily??  

The only person whom[b] i believe [/b]should recieve the PM is the thread creator.
Simply because it was him/her who wanted opinions from people.

Thank you for demonstrating this is your [i]personal
belief. There is no 'rule' that gives the OP more rights over the other posters, except for determining the subject. Beyond that, if one is notified all have to be. Given the impracticality of that and the large number of threads, it will be done only when viewed as necessary.

That is my interpretation, and in the absence of a formal requirement by the admin, it will stand.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2009
Sam Milla:

Good Question,

When i was a mod on the jokes section, The PM system was not enabled for moderators.

The Jokes section always have a thread where everybody interacts.

Therefore, i use those threads to tell the authors that i moved their posts.

On Webmasters section, i moved only two topics for the entire time i worked there.
I sent PMs To the two guys who started the threads,
so you must understand why i believe it is proper to tell a thread author that his/her thread was moved.

As a matter of fact, The simple Machines Community, the biggest Community sitting on Smf, sends me a pm when they move my posts.
Sometimes they even ask me whether i want them to move it to a related section where it will get more attention.

That was why i said that some sections are related here and DEBOSKY said no,

I could give him one hundred topics here that can easily fit in in different sections,

Jokes and Webmasters? grin Those sections combined together don't have the same amount of posts on Romance. Sorry. Your policy may be successful on small boards like Jokes and Webmasters where afterall, there are always the same people who know each other and can communicate easily. But on Romance you can't apply the same method. There are new members everyday and 100s of topics every hour. A moderator can't put his life aside to PM everybody. Besides since the rules on how to post threads are clearly written and even the name of the board suggests the kind of topic that fits in there, don't you think members have some responsibilities when they post on the wrong section?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 2:56pm On Jul 01, 2009
Communication as and when deemed appropriate by the mod.

- What kind of Communication is more appropriate than for a mod to tell a member that his/her thread was moved?
Or do you do something hideous with the pm system?
Maybe you dont understand that it is the rights of the members to get information through PM.
You believe it is a priviledge given to you to contact whoever you wish.

Thank you for demonstrating this is your personal belief. There is no 'rule' that gives the OP more rights over the other posters, except for determining the subject. Beyond that, if one is notified all have to be. Given the impracticality of that and the large number of threads, it will be done only as viewed necessary.

Why do you always run to hide behind the rules even when you dont need to mr debosky?

Someone here who asks
"HOW DO I TELL MY HUSBAND THAT I AM CHEATING ON HIM"
Apparently Needs the thread more than people who contributed opinions. Do you get it?
So i believe if anything happen to the thread, She should be the person to inform and not all the posters.

Stop this "Playing by the books" attitude and do what is good and neccessary.

all i asked for here was that some kind of information should be given to authors when their posts got moved to another section. That is not too much to ask from a mod. is it?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 3:03pm On Jul 01, 2009
Sam Milla:

- What kind of Communication is more appropriate than for a mod to tell a member that his/her thread was moved?
Maybe you dont understand that it is the rights of the members to get information through PM.

Why do you always run to hide behind the rules even when you dont need to mr debosky?

Someone here who asks
Apparently Needs the thread more than people who contributed opinions. Do you get it?
So i believe if anything happen to the thread, She should be the person to inform and not all the posters.

all i asked for here was that some kind of information should be given to authors when their posts got moved to another section. That is not too much to ask from a mod. is it?

Sam why are you dragging this issue?

You claimed you checked through your posts and you could not find the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-286036.32.html#msg4105945

I checked through your posts and found the thread.

funnily at the time it was your last  fourth or fifth post. So i wonder why you didnt see it.

Debo does everything through the rules of the forum.

Assuming someone cannot find their topic. that's why we have options like Updated replies, all you or anyone needs to do is check through that you will find your thread.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
michelin89:

Jokes and Webmasters?  grin Those sections combined together don't have the same amount of posts on Romance. Sorry. Your policy may be successful on small boards like Jokes and Webmasters where afterall, there are always the same people who know each other and can communicate easily. But on Romance you can't apply the same method. There are new members everyday and 100s of topics every hour. A moderator can't put his life aside to PM everybody. Besides since the rules on how to post threads are clearly written and even the name of the board suggests the kind of topic that fits in there, don't you think members have some responsibilities when they post on the wrong section?

Yea, you are right. Those sections are small when compared to Romance section but i believe the Romance section has 3 mods plus Mukina whom i believe works there sometimes as well (maybe seun too).

lol. this Pm thing, we are making it sound like its a very difficult thing to do, It takes only 20 seconds to pm someone,

About the members responsibilities, Good, maybe its very easy for you to navigate through the forum now because you have been here for a very long time. Some people here dont know how to go to their profiles let alone see the rules. That doesnt mean we should understand them since this forum is based in a third world country where computer is still seen as a mysterious thing.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by MrCrackles(m): 3:06pm On Jul 01, 2009
Moderators
Can i say something? tongue
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 3:08pm On Jul 01, 2009
@mukina, we are past the post issues now, Thanks for the link,

we are now debating whether a pm should be sent to post authors informing them about the movements of their threads,
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 3:10pm On Jul 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

Moderators
Can i say something? tongue

yes! grin

Sam Milla:

@mukina, we are past the post issues now, Thanks for the link,

we are now debating whether a pm should be sent to post authors informing them about the movements of their threads,
Mitchellin and Debo already explained that to you i guess. Stop dragging the issue.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by SamMilla1(m): 3:13pm On Jul 01, 2009
Ok, then. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by mukina2: 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2009
Sam Milla:

Ok, then. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
what's that supposed to mean?
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by debosky(m): 3:17pm On Jul 01, 2009
Sam Milla:

I have answered you - when deemed appropriate it will be done. Your opinion has been noted.

Kindly show me where this 'right' is enshrined or stated.

Because I don't act on emotions or just any opinion - nairaland is governed by clear rules and I abide by them.

Someone here who asks

Again is that applicable to ALL cases?   When all posters are interested, for example a poll - what do we do then? PM the 100 replies?  

What would be good is if you didn't concoct lies to prove your point. Your posts were not deleted, neither was your thread[b] yet you claimed so.[/b] Given you knew how to find your posts, bringing that comment here had a sinister motive, which is best known to you.

It is not a requirement for the mods to carry out such communication at all times. Your opinion/request has been noted - discretion will be applied in treating these issues. I have nothing more to add to that.

On that note this particular matter is considered closed - other comments/issues regarding feedback are welcomed.
Re: Romance Feedback Thread: Talk To Your Moderators by spikedcylinder: 3:24pm On Jul 01, 2009
LOL!
Good luck to MOD that wants to PM the authors of every agbepo and arindin thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Friendly Warning To Girls ( WOMB DAMAGE) / Why Do Guy Think They Can Bang The Living Daylight Out Of A Lady / Cohabitation And Trial Marriage. Is It Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.