Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) (73123 Views)

What Could Have Killed This Chicken & How Would The Chicks Survive? (Photo) / I Killed This Monitor Lizard In A Fish Farm (Photos) / My Friend Was Coming From The Farm And Killed This Snake This Morning (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 13, 2016
AmakaDNB:
shocked
That could be a Benin woman I know o
But OP on a more serious note, you shouldn't have killed it.
Cats are carnivorous. They feed on chicken n stuff.
Will you then kill all human beings that feed on cow n goat peppersoup

Amaka nailed it...... Just because the cat is being a cat, eating chickens which happens to be yours doesn't mean you should kill it, after all, cats are carnivores.

Trapping the cat, driving some miles away from your farm and releasing it back into the wild would have been a more constructive approach, rather than killing it...

As per people that see black cat as a bad omen, please get over your superstition!! Would you mind being judged on your skin colour?

2 Likes

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by dammytosh: 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2016
You should have offered to sell the cat farther from you.

That is a beautiful cat you just killed.

Not blaming you cos you have to defend your investment but giving it a chance to leave is a better idea.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by dammytosh: 6:36pm On Jan 13, 2016
oboman:

Amaka nailed it...... Just because the cat is being a cat, eating chickens which happens to be yours doesn't mean you should kill it, after all, cats are carnivores.

Trapping the cat, driving some miles away from your farm and releasing it back into the wild would have been a more constructive approach, rather than killing it...

As per people that see black cat as a bad omen, please get over your superstition!! Would you mind being judged on your skin colour?

Don't mind the racists grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 13, 2016
abbey621:

Sorry don't mean to be rude but you sound like someone that's never struggled for anything! A human being will not go into another person's domain and steal food or money, if a human does that and gets caught, there would be serious consequences. The cat invaded someone's territory and at such got what it deserved! Don't give me that crap about it only doing what comes natural, if a bear or lion attacked you and somehow you survived, would you be willing to entertain the animal next time or would you do all that is in your power to make your environment safe? Even in the USA, we've seen animals put down for attacking another person's child or pet not to talk of 9ja!
just answer this question.
would anything have changed for the worse if he had just sold away the cat? instead of killing and burning it like this?
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by ImDharay: 6:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
jasper7:
as we no get animal control in nigeria. You just slayed a beautiful cat angry. You could easily sell the cat and get some cash. which would have been more economical for you. at least recoup the cost of the dead birds.
try reason small na,
Sell a devilish cannibalistic cat?
Nawa 4una sha.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Baroba(m): 6:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
abbey621:

Sorry don't mean to be rude but you sound like someone that's never struggled for anything! A human being will not go into another person's domain and steal food or money, if a human does that and gets caught, there would be serious consequences. The cat invaded someone's territory and at such got what it deserved! Don't give me that crap about it only doing what comes natural, if a bear or lion attacked you and somehow you survived, would you be willing to entertain the animal next time or would you do all that is in your power to make your environment safe? Even in the USA, we've seen animals put down for attacking another person's child or pet not to talk of 9ja!

You actually compared a human to an animal acting on mere instincts, cats are carnivorous animals who hunt for their own foods.. The modern man can grow his own food, raise livestock for food, that's the difference..

If you are going to raise Chicken, ensure your cages are well built and secure. A snake , civet cat, feral cat will take advantage if the find a way.. It's called survival in animal kingdom.. There is nothing wild about that cat, he just mutilated someone's pet, its wrong and should be condemned by anyone with a conscience..
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by ndcide(m): 6:41pm On Jan 13, 2016
adenine02:
photo of the last victim
Plz how did you catch the cat.
Are there chemicals that can get rid of cats?
Plz these questions are very important.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Opoki(m): 6:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
tonyfrenzy:
wild cat indeed

[size=18pt]That killing is barbaric[/size] shocked shocked cry cryshocked shocked shocked shocked
Hahahahaha... Babaric indeed.

The day rat eat one of my denim was the last time we had rat in the house. This killing will serve as a deterrent to others.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Dannyandre(m): 6:43pm On Jan 13, 2016
[quote author=adenine02 post=41929579][b](photo S) I Killed A Giant Wild Cat That Has Killing Birds[/
Guy a beg which kin English be dis?? cheesy grin
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Osahon7:
A cat that deprived other Birds the chance of living and reproducing deserves no mercy
I think your thought was shallow. This is a cycle, food web, designed by Nature or GOD. We all are animals, some carnivorous, others herbivorous, or still others omnivorous.

The cat was out to survive, same way you go out to hustle. How many cows, goats and other animals have humans killed and eaten? Have you ever bothered to get the opinions of these animals about humans?

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 6:46pm On Jan 13, 2016
Seun:
Yes. The difference is that venomous snakes can kill people. If a venomous snake bites you in Nigeria, you are dead. So we don't joke with snakes. If I captured a non-venomous snake (or a wild cat), I would try to keep it in the cage as a pet instead of killing it. My ideal cat would look just like the cat in this picture. Smooth black fur with golden eyes, just like cats in the movies. I'm not afraid of black cats. I like them.

I've never agreed on a lot of your policies on Nairaland but I like you for one reason, you're an animal lover.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by abbey621(m): 6:47pm On Jan 13, 2016
Baroba:

You actually compared a human to an animal acting on mere instincts, cats are carnivorous animals who hunt for their own foods.. The modern man can grow his own food, raise livestock for food, that's the difference..

If you are going to raise Chicken, ensure your cages are well built and secure. A snake , civet cat, feral cat will take advantage if the find a way.. It's called survival in animal kingdom.. There is nothing wild about that cat, he just mutilated someone's pet, its wrong and should be condemned by anyone with a conscience..

Clap for yourself! By your reasoning, if humans don't want to be invaded by other humans, animals and so on, they should built a dome over their houses and surround it by a 12 foot wall.....hilarious! Whatever happened to not living in fear? You mentioned cats are carnivorous in nature, so I guess that gives the cat the right to eat as many chickens or livestock as it could eat since they are cats and are just doing what comes naturally....rubbish! What annoys me the most is that you believe all cats are pets and that all humans can afford to part with the little they have....I bet you've never known poverty in your life and I pray you never have reason to witness such!

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by khalhokage(m): 6:48pm On Jan 13, 2016
ImDharay:

try reason small na,
Sell a devilish cannibalistic cat?
Nawa 4una sha.
It's obvious you don't know the meaning of cannibalistic, but what makes this cat devilish?
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Opoki(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2016
Baroba:

Have you forgotten that man stand tall on the food web, agreed, it's survival of the fittest and if the gentle man can't afford to build a proper cage (Current Economy), he still has to be responsible for the livestock by guarding them jealously! The cat is a wild animal, i've dealt with many of them and I will never feel so remorseful.

@Adenine02: cats hates water, next time drown the cat and hang the remains close to your pen or cage, no cat will dare come near your cage. You did well!

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by ImDharay: 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2016
khalhokage:

It's obvious you don't know the meaning of cannibalistic, but what makes this cat devilish?
read d front page aqain.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by abbey621(m): 6:52pm On Jan 13, 2016
Teempakguy:
just answer this question.
would anything have changed for the worse if he had just sold away the cat? instead of killing and burning it like this?

I don't understand what sold away means but let me try:

If you meant selling the cat to someone else, I really don't know many people that would buy a black cat for a pet, most people buy black cat for purpose of traditional rituals or medicine. If you meant releasing the cat into the wild, what gives you the assurance that the cat wouldn't come back to repeat the same crime, in case you don't know cats are some of the most stubborn animals in the world. For the record, I don't fully support killing the cat and burning it, poison would have worked just as effectively!
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2016
abbey621:

I don't understand what sold away means but let me try:

If you meant selling the cat to someone else, I really don't know many people that would buy a black cat for a pet, most people buy black cat for purpose of traditional rituals or medicine. If you meant releasing the cat into the wild, what gives you the assurance that the cat wouldn't come back to repeat the same crime, in case you don't know cats are some of the most stubborn animals in the world. For the record, I don't fully support killing the cat and burning it, poison would have worked just as effectively!
these are just assumptions, you know. he has no way of knowing what will exactly happen until he tries.
this is called finding a permanent solution to a temporary problem. and it is totally unnecessary.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by hotdi(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
Passing
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Shokoloko(f): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2016
1. How many people will buy a wild cat in nigeria?
2. Does Op have a functional zoo in his state?
3. If yes to number 2, will the zoo be prepared to pay money for and accomodate a cat? They would prefer something more exotic.
4. Are there any forests close to the Op's farm to drop off the cat?
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by LeonMacJames(m): 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2016
That's no giant wild cat, it just a homeless cat that ate ur chickens. Abi do u live in the wild. This is a giant wild cat

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by AreaFada2: 7:14pm On Jan 13, 2016
AmakaDNB:
shocked
That could be a Benin woman I know o
But OP on a more serious note, you shouldn't have killed it.
Cats are carnivorous. They feed on chicken n stuff.
Will you then kill all human beings that feed on cow n goat peppersoup
You had to bring your bigotry in. Some people have no self control.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jan 13, 2016
Most of the posters above can't stand a cat, Nigerians and their hypocrisy.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by abbey621(m): 7:27pm On Jan 13, 2016
Teempakguy:

these are just assumptions, you know. he has no way of knowing what will exactly happen until he tries.
this is called finding a permanent solution to a temporary problem. and it is totally unnecessary.

A wise man once said, "When it comes to survival, the end will always justify the means! If someone or something poses a direct threat to my family or livelihood, it is my natural instinct to remove the threat by any means necessary.....case closed!

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2016
abbey621:

A wise man once said, "When it comes to survival, the end will always justify the means! If someone or something poses a direct threat to my family or livelihood, it is my natural instinct to remove the threat by any means necessary.....case closed!
survival indeed! undecided
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by kevoh(m): 7:31pm On Jan 13, 2016
If you goin' to be killing my chickens then no mercy for you when you get caught. Lost 6 fattened christmas chickens at once out of ten (being raised)last decemberangry . Feathers (struggling)everywhere no blood stains at all. Till this moment can not figure who/what was doing the killing. You can understand my annoyance and joy when I saw this thread. It gives me a kind of closure.
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by adenine02: 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2016
grin grin
DICKtator:

Did you receive call from the village after the cat died?
grin grin grin grin

na wa o grin
DICKtator:

Did you receive call from the village after the cat died?
grin grin grin grin

na wa o
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2016
Guy...U kill this cat bombastically...
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by adenine02: 7:40pm On Jan 13, 2016
enigmaticlion:

Killing this wild cat is cruel, you should have gone to a nearby forest to release lt back to the wild.

bros even tiger, lions and other big cat are killed when pos tret 2 livestock
Re: I Killed This Giant Wild Cat For Killing My Chickens (Photos) by GreatManBee: 7:42pm On Jan 13, 2016
How did you capture it?
adenine02:
(photo S) I Killed A Giant Wild Cat That Has Killing Birds

A very big wild cat have been killing my chicken for some time now. i have lost so many and just this past 2 days it killed 2 cock and a hen.
today its luck ran out. Check the photos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Biggest Tomatoes Market In Kaduna, Nigeria: Basket Of Tomatoes Sold For ₦2500 / Kicked off My Small Scale Rabbit farm!! / Apple Cultivation In Nigeria.(pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.