Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 (32483 Views)

Yobe Corper Sits On The Floor In Classroom To Teach His Students (Photos) / NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools / FG Bars Medical Graduates From NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by toprealman: 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
Story for the gods. How many companies do we have in the north that can absorb Engineers? Who will teach further mathematics, Physics etc to our young ones?
Thus is a reactive measure....not sustainable.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Lilimax(f): 12:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
7footre:
Nonsense !!! angry angry angry why did they leave it this late ehn?
Better late than never smiley
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by franconian: 12:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
Joeace3000:
Very very good development. Employers will be asking for experience when NYSC that should have been use to gather experience and spur interest in our fields of study are used in teaching in class... Let the schools find teachers n let graduates get job experiences according to what they studied.

Meanwhile Brilliantlightsmedia.com is back and better Please check my Signature. Lets get started right away

Supported. After all we have education graduates. They should be he ones to teach during NYSC.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Lilimax(f): 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2016
MadCow1:
NYSC should ban all UNIBEN graduates from serving.

Those things being produced by UNIBEN every year can't be called Graduates.. angry # Tufiakwa.
Isi gini?
Make una come see beef embarassed
Madcow1 is ready to be converted to a beef
I trust my Uniben Alumni smiley

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by idros4real: 12:17pm On Jan 14, 2016
A good step in the right direction but to what extent will it help the ENGINEERS and to be sincere it will back fire. Take for instance 10 Corpers were posted to a production company of which 5 of them are Engineering graduates. The company will have to conduct a test or interview for them and drop at least 4 which means they have to compete non engineering graduates because the laters too want company in other to gain experience or because of the money. If a company now reject you the next option is to look for school to teach.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by samx4real(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
MadCow1:

Insult me for what?

When you been dey school, some Engineering Corpers taught you as well. I see no problems with Engineering students teaching as long as the student has the skills to impart knowledge.

Nobody read "Teacher" for school as Course.

This new directive can't work. We do not have enough Engineering firms to absorb all the engineering graduates we produce every day.

Lolz! Madcow you are talking like one of those that studied education!

If you really study in the university, you will see that most schools have students that are studying educationally related courses than any other course!

Madcow
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by MadCow1: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lilimax:
Isi gini?
Make una come see beef embarassed
Madcow1 is ready to be converted to a beef
I trust my Uniben Alumni smiley

My darling. Happy New year.

So you follow go UNIBEN?
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Raalsalghul: 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Do they have enough engineering firms to accommodate all the engineers?
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by MadCow1: 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
samx4real:

Lolz! Madcow you are talking like one of those that studied education!

If you really study in the university, you will see that most schools have students that are studying educationally related courses than any other course!

Madcow

Oga..

Education related courses does not translate into being a teacher.

I sure say you follow for people wey think say Mechanical Engineer suppose be Mechanic.

I hope say no be UNIBEN graduate you be o.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
BALLOSKI:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/nysc-bars-posting-engineers-to-teach-in-secondary-schools/
good development i must say, but coren should do something as regrds training engineers because we ware lagging far far behind as regards technology and not every engineer will get trainin from mega oil companies and industries
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by samx4real(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ahmedie25:
This is a bad news to me, those engineer graduates are very good in physics & math , they do help our students in science subjects , Chai am angry

Don't worry, Mathematics students and education students will do better!
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Brozules(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
Love the development, thinking day and night how will I teach..... Proud to be an engineer
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ehya. Bad businesses for those schools that are using graduates to upgrade their schools. Who will help them to teach Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Further mathematics, and Technical drawing for as less than #5,000 monthly. ;DEhya. Bad businesses for those schools that are using graduates to upgrade their schools. Who will help them to teach Physics,Chemistry, Mathematics, Further mathematics, and Technical drawing for as less than #5,000 monthly.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by samx4real(m): 12:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
MadCow1:

Oga..

Education related courses does not translate into being a teacher.

I sure say you follow for people wey think say Mechanical Engineer suppose be Mechanic.

I hope say no be UNIBEN graduate you be o.

Bros stop arguing like a coconut seller!!!

This is a good development, and I so much love it!

Madcow!
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thank God o..... Instead of getting stucked on marking sheets ... I'll be opportuned to do what I'm meant to do grin
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by MadCow1: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
samx4real:

Bros stop arguing like a coconut seller!!!

This is a good development, and I so much love it!

Madcow!

Nobody is arguing, you are vexed that you were made to teach and all I am telling you is that there is nothing wrong with that.

NYSC is all about National Service. In some other countries, it's military training.

It may sound good but it's not workable.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Lilimax(f): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
MadCow1:

My darling. Happy New year.

So you follow go UNIBEN?
Happy New year! long time... smiley
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by richybanky(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
Mtcheew, y now? After I don teach math taya for one yeye secondary school like dat undecided
Any way is a welcome development for those new corpers to be nothing like u must teach physics, mathematics, chemistry etc grin
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by 7footre(m): 12:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lilimax:
Better late than never smiley
Not after I've taught physics to 3 classes during service yr angry
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by VagileVictor(m): 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2016
My question to Engr. Kasalim A. Ali is, has he done proper analysis of engineering firms that can accommodate the number of engineering graduates?

If no feasibility study of the number of engineering firms was done before embarking on the agreement, then childish things will over take the real intent.
I think, he should have concluded his assignment before coming on air to announce his good but unachievable dreams as at now.
Reason being that due to the bad economy, there has been downsizing and that truncate the willingness to accomplish the good move.
Lets reexamine our actions before it speaks louder than our voices for accolades.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by MadCow1: 12:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lilimax:

Happy New year! long time... smiley

My dear no be small..

The Hussle plan for this year no be child's play matter.

Hope you are good though.
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Ceenelly(m): 12:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
toprealman:
Story for the gods. How many companies do we have in the north that can absorb Engineers? Who will teach further mathematics, Physics etc to our young ones?
Thus is a reactive measure....not sustainable.

bro, people are studying maths, physics, chemistry as a course in our higher institution so i beleive such graduate should teach such courses during their nysc. The only problem i see here is that we dont have enough standard engineering firm, and once a corper is posted to a small scale one man owned engineering firm that state he/she is posted wont pay him/her state allowee cos he/she is not under their services. And that mini firm that is struggling to survive might not be financiallly stable to pay the young graduate the only gain might be the experience, which most of our youth are not interested in.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by brane: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by MadCow1: 12:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
VagileVictor:
My question to Engr. Kasalim A. Ali is, has he done proper analysis of engineering firms that can accommodate the number of engineering graduates?

If no feasibility study of the number of engineering firms was done before embarking on the agreement, then a childish things will over take the real intent.
I think, he should have concluded his assignment before coming on air to announce his good but unachievable dreams as at now.
Reason being that due to the economy, there has been downsizing and may not do accomplish the good move.
Lets reexamine our actions before it speaks louder than our voices for accolades.

You sir can't possibly be a graduate of UNIBEN because your reasoning is very sound.

This is just another one of those spur of the moment decisions that always end badly.

Everybody is losing sight of the fact that NYSC is National Service and not a direct line of employment. The government can decide that as a matter of National Service, for the next 10 years, al graduates should be posted to farms as part of the Nation's Agricultural divestment programme.

After the one year service, the graduate can go pursue a career in whatever line of discipline or study they obtained from the university.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by ilyas26(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2016
Thayay:
Thumbs up. I know fear will start gripping some lazy engineers that wishes to graduate and become a potential marketer, and other administrative jobs.
Imagine back then in school when someone who claimed to have 1st class in engineering going to different schools to market a book. I was wondering what makes that profession tallies with his present job...............
Anyway, in other news.
The mod, that banned me for a week shouldn't let me see him/her in mainland oo, cuz street ti take over. U thought a week won't end, but here i am now. God pass u.
What shall it profit a man to be transferring his aggression on people cuz he's jealous of seun's success lol. U busy acting as LAWMA when seun is getting richer day by day , though it's a pleasure leaving my trash for you sha.
Lol, funny guy
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good news...
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Nickymezor(f): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nt a bad suggestion...
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by sheubaba2013: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Though I am done with nysc and I serve in a private establishment. We engineers suppose to be posted to places like shell, chevron, nnpc, exon mobile, Total, coca cola, julious berger, refineries etc just like the house-manship in the medical field. In order to sharpen and widen our scope and field of study. It pains me to discover that some engineers at d end of the day will find themselves in the bank, some even un employed, after all the cracking of brains in the university for 5 or 6 years. I can count how many of my colleagues that are working in the engineering sector today, just very few of them...May God help us in this country. Amin undecided undecided undecided
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2016
Aside Civil Engineers, where will they send the other ones?
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by Maryjane88(f): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2016
Hmmm, so many self acclaimed engineers that are unknown by nysc will still go to secondary school for assignment. Which one be "social engr, as in social sciences. Time will tell
Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by mcdonald247(m): 12:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
is very important so that they can make impact in our engineering sector,I gradguated as a mechanical engineer,they post me to one of the remote schools in wase lga, jos.I follow up my plan B to DD magic autos,by the grace of god I enjoyed my stay there

1 Like

Re: NYSC Bars Posting Engineers To Teach In Secondary Schools 0 by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
sheubaba2013:
Though I am done with nysc and I serve in a private establishment. We engineers suppose to be posted to places like shell, chevron, nnpc, exon mobile, Total, coca cola, julious berger, refineries etc just like the house-manship in the medical field. In order to sharpen and widen our scope and field of study. It pains me to discover that some engineers at d end of the day will find themselves in the bank, some even un employed, after all the cracking of brains in the university for 5 or 6 years. I can count how many of my colleagues that are working in the engineering sector today, just very few of them...May God help us in this country. Amin undecided undecided undecided

You forgot to include NASA, Microsoft & Google grin.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Batch B, Streams 1 & 2 Passing Out October 6th & November 4th Respectively / FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / How To Write An NYSC Personal CDS Project Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.