Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case (23767 Views)

FG To Unveil Beneficiaries Of Halliburton Bribe / Obasanjo’s Reaction When He Heard FG Ordered Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case / Tribunal Nullifies PDP Lawmaker’s Election, Orders Fresh Poll In Makurdi-north (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by badesco(m): 12:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
If this is true, then heads will surely roll. But some those mentioned are notale names..can he touch them? Time will tell
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
ZZ22:
As much as the review of this Halliburton case is good Buhari need to start working on our shattered economy. You take things one after the other, Buhari stop diverting our mind from the present economic situation with your media probe crap. Seems that of Dasuki is fading away now they come up with Halliburton scandal to divert the mind of the gullible from thier incapability to move Nigeria foward.

Are you not capable of independent thought? Why blame the government for what you chose to read yourself? If you're fixated by the stories on corruption, you're strictly on your own. And guess what? The stories on corruption will continue to appear, because they sell news, newspapers and on social media!

BTW, there are countless other news items in the media - including those on the economy, infrastructure, etc - that most sane minds are reading. So, what you chose to read is entirely your own affair.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
face it we ar all corrupt.

So why are you being diabolical and vicious complaining about others being corrupt?

P34c3

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
DropShot:

Speak for yourself mister.

+1. Sound advice.

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by Reference(m): 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
porka:
Charge people to court and face the economy and Lassa Fever.

Enough of this mass hypnotherapy exercise.

It may not work beyond a certain time. That time is fast approaching.

1984 reloading. The similarities are uncanny. We are in for it.
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by mart2k(m): 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
I remember TB Joshua
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by mart2k(m): 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
until dis govt jail OBJ, Atiku n IBB for corruption n buari returned his loot of N2.8 billion taken in 1978. until buari jail abubakar abdulsalam, sanusi lamido sanusi. until buari jail tinubu, fashola n ameachi, i will not take dis govt fight against corruption serious. all dis harliburton story na publicity stunts.
U can set up ur own court and jail them.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 1:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
omogin:
This news is fake. Buhari cannot investigate halliburton. Obj, Atiku, his wife are all complicit in the scam

Keep being in self denial, or, as they say, burying your head in the sand. D tin go do you like film... grin

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by frakdon(m): 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
DropShot:

Speak for yourself mister.
look at you as if you go there, your own no go worse, Mr.saint*
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by mart2k(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2016
PRYCE:
Great! I've always wanted to know what a Baboon (OBJ) vs An Anaemic Old granny's (Buhari) Duel will look like!
U go wait till Mikel Obi wins world best
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by tyav7: 1:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
No wonder one former president has been trying to befriend PMB so that when the thing burst, will have a soft landing.

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by mart2k(m): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
GEJ never styled himself as incorruptible man of intergrity because he know he is fallible. but buari who sees himself as infallible avatar against corruption should prove himself by jailing IBB, OBJ, abubakar adulsalam, sanusi lamido sanusi, tinubu, fashola, ameachi before i take him serious. for now buari himself is totally corrupt.
ur opinion is for u n ur extended family

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by Naijiant: 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by mart2k(m): 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
Psalm18:
Obj will be ill at ease on hearing this news.
Same with Atiku.

Jeffrey Tessler, one of those the US convicted on this scandal has already implicated top honchos of the Obasanjo administration. .

Read link 1: /uk-solicitor-pleads-guilty-role-bribing-nigerian-government-officials-part-kbr-joint-venture

Read link 2: President Olusegun Obasanjo, who led Nigeria from 1999-2000, during which time he swore to fight corruption in the country, obtained considerable helpings of the infamous Haliburton bribe money, the Special Investigation Panel headed by Inspector-General of Police, Mike Okiro, has declared in an interim report.
According to the document, which was submitted to *President Umaru Yar’Adua in May last year by Mr. Okiro, Obasanjo shared the sum of $74 million USD between 2000 and 2001 with his Vice-President, Atiku Abubakar, as well as Funsho Kupolokun and Gaius Obaseki, who were successive heads of the Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation during the government’s early years.
Culled from sahara reporters.
I dnt think u knw OBJ. Nothing wil touch him.
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
kogirodent:
If this is true, then PMB should get set for a rough ride. Even be prepared to resign. Cos the old men involved dnt take no shit

Short of a bloody coup to remove Buhari from power, I don't see any other thing shaking him, because the man is simply headstrong - in a good way, and for a good cause, I hasten to add. And in the event of a bloody coup or something like that happening in the current world we live in, no one can be certain as to where they will end up themselves. Besides, the real henchmen of/with/behind Buhari are themselves just beginning to experience and enjoy what being in power is like, so they won't just stand by, and not meet force or other diabolical means with even more force and diabolical means!

My advice to the fabled "old men involved"... Sheathe your swords...learn to accept the new realities you can no longer change...give up as much you can without bloodshed...avoid having to go to prison in your dying years if you can... and ride quietly into the sunset - even if eventually having to be disgraced on account of your atrocities against your own society while your going was good, and you now having been called into account.

That's my honest two kobo.

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
amunkita:
If Buhari can pull this to the end, I will tear my PDP card nd follow u Sir..

That's the spirit, my friend!

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2016
ITbomb:
In Fela's voice
Obasanjo and Atiku, International tief tief

That will actually be the end of the fight cos OBJ will unleash a venom more dangerous than the one Tinubu used against Jonathan

Hmm. See what I just wrote elsewhere... (actually, just recently, and above)...

Short of a bloody coup to remove Buhari from power, I don't see any other thing shaking him, because the man is simply headstrong - in a good way, and for a good cause, I hasten to add. And in the event of a bloody coup or something like that happening in the current world we live in, no one can be certain as to where they will end up themselves. Besides, the real henchmen of/with/behind Buhari are themselves just beginning to experience and enjoy what being in power is like, so they won't just stand by, and not meet force or other diabolical means with even more force and diabolical means!

My advice to the fabled "old men involved"... Sheathe your swords...learn to accept the new realities you can no longer change...give up as much you can without bloodshed...avoid having to go to prison in your dying years if you can... and ride quietly into the sunset - even if eventually having to be disgraced on account of your atrocities against your own society while your going was good, and you now having been called into account.

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 1:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Tofax:

PMB cannot and will never probe OBJ else he will Sink. PMB no get that liver

In case you haven't noticed, Buhari has put more than his liver on the line already. But, hey, what do I know?

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by kogirodent: 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
duwdu:

My advice to the fabled "old men involved"... Sheathe your swords...learn to accept the new realities you can no longer change...give up as much you can without bloodshed...avoid having to go into prison in your dying years if you can... and ride quietly into the sunset - even if eventually having to be disgraced on account of your atrocities against your own society while your going was good, and you now having been called into account.

P34c3
Agreed. But u seem to forgot that PMB will stand alone. The rest of the other guys have poo all over them and they wn't go down without a fight. Actually i only see PMB going down. or the old men goin along with United Nigeria as we know it.
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
hollywater:
If this case bring the ring leader to book,i will shout sir baba for the first time.

That's the spirit.

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by babafirst(m): 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
GEJ never styled himself as incorruptible man of intergrity because he know he is fallible. but buari who sees himself as infallible avatar against corruption should prove himself by jailing IBB, OBJ, abubakar adulsalam, sanusi lamido sanusi, tinubu, fashola, ameachi before i take him serious. for now buari himself is totally corrupt.
This your reply is ridiculous.And why?So because GEJ never styled himself as incorruptible we should rejoice with him or exonerate him for not jailing looters?PMB does not need you to take him serious,unserious GEJ is already taking you serious.SMH,SMB.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by Montaque(m): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
fortune1968:
wailers may not know because they are disgruntled .

Be sure to make it public the day u stop singing like a sycophant.
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
simpleseyi:

What did your brother, the clueless oOuoke drunk do to OBJ for the 6 years that he was in power? He only called OBJ a motor park tout and thereafter went to OBJ's house to prostrate.

Are you saying that GEJ showed to the current wailers how to wail? gringringrin

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by babafirst(m): 2:09pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ephemmm:

You forgot to add Lord Lugard, Mango Park and even Mary Slessor: what stopped your ogogoro-drinking hero from probing at least Tinubu who was neither a Governor nor enjoying immunity with EFCC, SSS, NA, NP, ICPC within GEJ's arsenal?
Gbam,gbam,gbaaaaaaaammmm!

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by babafirst(m): 2:13pm On Jan 14, 2016
xtervaganza:
Obasanjo is a sacred cow, a king maker.

Nothing will happen to him
For where?You think say PMB be like weak compromised GEJ wey Obj fit intimidate
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by omogin(f): 2:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
duwdu:

Keep being in self denial, or, as they say, burying your head in the sand. D tin go do you like film... grin

P34c3

Send me your account number. If buhari allows a free inquiry into the halliburton scandal you get 100k
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by babafirst(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
drss:
d best buari will do is jail erand small boys dat were settled with $20,000 bribes in d halliburton scandal. d big fishes like OBJ, Atiku n even buari's wife will not be invited by efcc talkless of draging dem to court.
PMB no be 'ordinary' politician ohhh.If it is the same PMB that divorced his wife for 'fraternising' with the people in power when he was in detention hhhhm,if Aisha is implicated Baba will do the needful ohhhhh.Don't underestimate PMB ohhhh.

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2016
badesco:
If this is true, then heads will surely roll. But some those mentioned are notale names..can he touch them? Time will tell

Yep, we shall see.

I think the attempts by the current administration to look into various cases of alleged corruption/looting of our common patrimony and the consequent waste of human lives and means, will take different forms and paths, depending on their nature, and where, how, and by who.

Each and every one of these cases will be important to explore, but will of course happen at different timelines and move at different paces going forward. So, people should be realistic as to how soon the different milestones are achieved.

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Reference:

1984 reloading. The similarities are uncanny. We are in for it.

Yes o, in a good way!

P34c3
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
USA did not waste time in investigation Harlliburton scandal and convicting the officials involved. Companies involved were also made to pay heavy fine. PMB should just get the Harlliburton file from US, review and implement the report by charging all those involved in Nigeria to court no matter how highly placed.

EFCC should not start media trial with this case! In sane societies, law efforcement agents discreetly investigate corruption cases and charge the culprits to court. The rule of law is also applied. I am tired and not excited about media trials.
Re: FG Orders Fresh Review Of Halliburton Case by duwdu: 2:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
tyav7:
No wonder one former president has been trying to befriend PMB so that when the thing burst, will have a soft landing.

gringringrin

P34c3

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Governors In Closed Door Meeting, Parallel Convention In Abuja [PHOTOS] / 8-Month-Old Girl Killed During The Attack On Shi'ites By Police In Kano / Who Is Sick Between Buhari Supporters And Atiku Supporters? - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.