Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech (35491 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Is An Ojukwu, An Nzeogwu And An Azikiwe All Rolled Into One' - FFK / Photo Of Kaduna Nzeogwu Who Led Nigeria's First Coup D'etat In 1966 / The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
Dindondin:
you are the one that wrote crap and think crap!
When you give me the justification for not killing Azikiwe & Orizu, I ll free you

I am not in a business to enlighten individuals who are intellectually challenged. It will amount to waste of my time to educate a goon who presumptuously embraced the idea that it is rational to kill a person because of his or her ethnical background.
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Mosh1: 5:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:

Lol. You think is funny that your hero died of twenty naira rat poison ?

Why is he now a hero.?
Unnecessarily Abusing the word hero
still waiting for your source......
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

I am not in a business to enlighten individuals who are intellectually challenged. It will amount to waste of my time to educate a goon who presumptuously embraced the idea that it is rational to kill a person because of his or her ethnical background.

Dendemoron, Its only a pitiful individual from the cesspit of your village that would think killing other regional leaders while sparing theirs is a solution to a dispute between two people who they had no business with

5 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
Mosh1:

still waiting for your source......

How Awolowo committed the worst atrocities

http://247ureports.com/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-by-abdulmumini-adeku/
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DiademSh07: 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:

Imagine the whole Yoruba being visionless.
That's the predicament awofrog left you guys with.

You can only serve his vision which is outdated filled with criminality, betrayal and deceit.

The man your acclaimed hero was the only hero i have heard that died a shameful death.

And the trauma is bequeathed on every head of a Yoruba man.

Visionless stooges that only give birth to toutism.

That doesn't negate the fact that 3mil parasitic losers were wiped off this earth for us! That's the best thing Awolowo and Gowon ever did for us!
The part that the remaining losers are still scavenging and depends on the crumbs from the SouthWest is another lovely fact that can't be overlooked!
This eventually solidified that ibo were losers, are still losers and forever losers! It's karma!

3 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2016
DiademSh07:

That doesn't negate the fact that 3mil parasitic losers were wiped off this earth for us! That's the best thing Awolowo and Gowon ever did for us!
The part that the remaining losers are still scavenging and depends on the crumbs from the SouthWest is another lovely fact that can't be overlooked!
This eventually solidified that ibo were losers, are still losers and forever losers! It's karma!

Lol. See pains....
Mehn, You are talking as if the life you are living makes any meaning to you.
Y'all are better of dead than living.
Vision less set of filled with hate in their biles.
Smh
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 6:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

Dendemoron, Its only a pitiful individual from the cesspit of your village that would think killing other regional leaders while sparing theirs is a solution to a dispute between two people who they had no business with

Rundemon, you seemed to be one of those punks who saw but failed to conquer. During the era in discussion, a regional leader was also at certain capacity a national leader. So those loudmouthed fools that passed as regional leaders should have kept their putrid mouths shut and avoided enshrinement of tribalism into national psychic.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Dindondin(m): 6:58pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Ok. let's assume that was not the reason why Nzeogwu & co killed Balewa et al.
Is shedding blood the right means to cleanse Nigeria at that time?
If you don't v time to educate me, I v the time to enlighten you that your hero Nzeogwu goofed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DiademSh07: 6:59pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:

Lol. See pains.... Mehn, You are talking as if the life you are living makes any meaning to you. Y'all are better of dead than living. Vision less set of filled with hate in their biles. Smh
I just dey laugh at your stup!dity! Ibos and hypocrisy are like siamese twins! I will always dish it out to you losers in multiple folds! Shameless landlocked parasitic losers!!

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 15, 2016
[s]
DiademSh07:

I just dey laugh at your stup!dity!
Ibos and hypocrisy are like siamese twins!
I will always dish it out to you losers in multiple folds!
Shameless landlocked parasitic losers!!
[/s]

Lol. Who cares what a slowpoke thinks?? grin grin
You are inconsequential... Fk off my mention
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nalikedis:
Nzeogwu coup is one major reason why I fear that my country might never attain her potential greatness. A coup planned and lead by a sincere revolitionary man but all his people could see was the tribal advantage presented by the adventure. The singular mistake made by Kaduna Nzeogwu was listening to Ojukwu and shed his plan of attacking Aguiyi Ironsi led Lagos. Had he attacked Lagos and fail or killed.... today Northern soldiers wouldnt have seen the coup as a tribal cleansing.

Per the bolded, sometimes I question the level of intellectualism left with Nigerians. Are Nigerians allergic to rudimentary research or gullible to embrace useless hearsay? Ojukwu was never an adviser to Nzeogwu. In addition, Nzeogwu could not have made it out of Kaduna talk less marching to Lagos as to deal with Ironsi. it was an established fact that Nzeogwu had no command of any military unit in northern region except being senior instructor at NMTC, Kaduna. The three officers with command of military units in northern region did not buy what Nzeogwu was selling.
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DiademSh07: 7:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
RightBoo:
[s][/s]
Lol. Who cares what a slowpoke thinks?? grin grin You are inconsequential... Fk off my mention
You loser obviously started what you can't finish! The lagoon is waiting for you though!

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Rundemon, you seemed to be one of those punks who saw but failed to conquer. During the era in discussion, a regional leader was also at certain capacity a national leader. So those loudmouthed fools that passed as regional leaders should have kept their putrid mouth shut and avoided enshrinement of tribalism into national psychic.

Nnamdi Azikwe had allegation of corruption on him yet this never do well soldiers never thought it fit to end his life

The ruling govt was filled with Ibo politician, The eastern region premier, the midwest region premier none of them was adjudged to be corrupt

But its Bello, maimalari, Akintola, Sodeinde, Ademulegun, Balewa, Pam, Okotie-Eboh,

4 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Dindondin:

Ok. let's assume that was not the reason why Nzeogwu & co killed Balewa et al.
Is shedding blood the right means to cleanse Nigeria at that time?
If you don't v time to educate me, I v the time to enlighten you that your hero Nzeogwu goofed.

Per the bolded, you have come across as ill-educated miscreant. Have you stepped onto a parade ground in your freaking life? You are talking about shedding blood to a military man whose part of training surrounds shedding of human blood.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:13pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, you have come across as ill-educated miscreant. Have you stepped onto a parade ground in your freaking life? You are talking about shedding blood to a military man whose part of his training surrounds shedding of human blood.

These military men didnt want the blood of Azikwe, Okpara, Osadebey, Jaja Wachuku, Orizu na blood of non Ibos dem need

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by T8ksy(m): 7:14pm On Jan 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

Nnamdi Azikwe had allegation of corruption on him yet this never do well soldiers never thought it fit to end his life

The ruling govt was filled with Ibo politician, The eastern region premier, the midwest region premier none of them was adjudged to be corrupt

But its Bello, maimalari, Akintola, Sodeinde, Ademulegun, Balewa, Pam, Okotie-Eboh,

Welcome to ibo logic 101.

Na only dem get sense pass which unfortunately is their worst undoing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Dalhatj(m): 7:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
how can you kill people like balewa who had vision for this nation
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by Dindondin(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, you have come across as ill-educated miscreant. Have you stepped onto a parade ground in your freaking life? You are talking about shedding blood to a military man whose part of his training surrounds shedding of human blood.
I v been replying a deranged specie!
Common sense has left you.
If I m ill-educated, I won't give you facts!
Since you v not heard of bloodless coup, you are here typing gibberish!
Never in your life, generation quote me if you v not jump started your oblongata!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

The highlighted parts of the above post simply updated your profile as a typical Nigeria that seems to drive illogicality to a fault. What are the allegations of corruption leveled against as the President of Nigeria? The coup plotters have what instigated their actions. One of them who wrote a book numerated some of their grievances in his book. Some of them were strictly military while others were political.

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by T8ksy(m): 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Oh, part of that training includes shedding the blood of innocent pregnant woman? Most especially when that woman is from another tribe, huh.

yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:24pm On Jan 15, 2016
Dindondin:

I v been replying a deranged specie!
Common sense has left you.
If I m ill-educated, I won't give you facts!
Since you v not heard of bloodless coup, you are here typing gibberish!
Never in your life, generation quote me if you v not jump started your oblongata!

If your premise in this debate had been on bloodless coup or lack thereof, I would not have joined issues with you because it is prerogative of the coup plotters.
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
T8ksy:

Oh, part of that training includes shedding the blood of innocent pregnant woman? Most especially when that woman is from another tribe, huh.

yeye dey smell.

The killing of Ademulegun's wife was purely a situational thing.
Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:26pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

The highlighted parts of the above post simply updated your profile as a typical Nigeria that seems to drive illogicality to a fault. What are the allegations of corruption leveled against as the President of Nigeria? The coup plotters have what instigated their actions. One of them who wrote a book numerated some of their grievances in his book. Some of them were strictly military while others were political.

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was the subject of corruption allegations in 1962. A panel of inquiry was set up, at the instance of the NCNC chief whip of the Eastern House of Assembly Mr. E. O. Eyo, into improper investment of two million pounds of government funds when Zik was the Premier. The allegations were affirmed.
===================================================================================

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
In 1956, the Foster-Sutton Tribunal investigated the Premier of the Eastern Region, Nnamdi Azikiwe for his involvement in the affairs of African Continental Bank (ACB). Under the code of conduct for ministers, a government officer was required to relinquish his holdings in private business when he assumed public office. The Foster-Sutton Tribunal felt that Zik did not severe his connections to the bank when he became a Minister. The Tribunal believed that Zik continued to use his influence to further the interests of ACB.

Zik, his family, and the Zik Group of Companies were the principal shareholders of the African Continental Bank. ACB loaned over L163, 000 to the Zik Group of Companies at low interest. The Zik group did not have to repay the loans until 1971. ACB was a distressed bank. The new registrar of banks in 1952 refused to grant ACB a license. Attempts to find partners for the bank in Britain failed because of the insolvency of the bank.
In the words of a colonial government official, “Were a UK minister to be involved in a series of transactions the result of which public funds were used to support an otherwise shaky institution in which he was directly interested, he would be forced to leave public life.”4 Why did not the colonial government prosecute Zik for his failure to observe the code of conduct for government officers? The colonial correspondence revealed that the government supported the NCNC as the only party to embrace national unity. Without Zik, the NCNC would collapse. The national interest of the country demanded that Zik continue as leader of the party.5

The Governor of the Eastern Region Sir Clement Pleass further observed, “The exercise of public power for private profit is established in the East.” “The aim of the colonial government was not to establish a standard of honesty in public life. Only time and education can do that.” “A number of sensible people realized that Zik had done harm in the East in the last two years, but the mass of the people, ignorant and uneducated, voted him back to power.”6

When Zik called for a general election in 1957, as an alternative to resigning in the face of the findings of the Foster-Sutton Tribunal, the people gave him their support. The Economist observed that Nigerians had a “sunny and tolerant mentality” towards corruption.7 The colonial officer hoped that “Eventually sufficiently honest and enlightened people will be thrown up to rebuild the prosperity and good government of the region.”8

4 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:30pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

But the situation didnt call for the killing of Jaja Wachkwu

[6] Balewa even asked his wife Rhoda Nwachukwu to plead with him, yet [size=16pt]Jaja refused and tendered his resignation from parliament and as an executive member of government at midday on January 14, 1966.[/size]
[7] Balewa was yet to accept Nwachukwu's resignation when the army struck by midnight barely 12 hours later.
[8] When the coupists came to Nwachukwu's official residence, at 7, Okotie-Eboh Street Ikoyi, he looked through the window and asked the soldiers: "What are you boys doing here?" One of the soldiers replied: "Good morning, sir. But haven't you heard what is happening in the country?" To which he replied: "Yes. I know you boys have taken over the government." and the soldier said: "[size=15pt]Do not be afraid, sir. We have come to protect you for being an honest government minister[/size].

Jaja Wachkwu resigned a day before the coup, yet we werre told he wasnt informed of the coup before hand

Te soldiers training demanded the blood of other tribes but their thirst was sated by the time they got to Jaja's house that they decided to protect him

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by specimenC: 7:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
rigarmortis:

I will try as much as possible not to insult.

I am not arguing whether the coup was an Igbo man or not, and this is not victim mentality, if the coupists were arrested and jailed or even executed like military tradition requires, that's a different thing.

but the systematic killings of innocent people who don't even know what is going on is wrong, the guys on the street don't have anything to do with the death of those assassinated so why kill them, and why did the authorities look the other way on purpose.

its like justifying the death of the NYSC corpers in 2011 just because some people felt slighted.

and FYI, Yoruba people and even fellow northerners bordering the south were killed, people from professors from benue state were killed.

now another reason the war was fought was military chain of command and all the egos involved.

ojukwu refused to acknowledge gowon as the president, they were both colonels then, I think.

instead he insisted that either of the first two most senior brigadiers from the west take over, when murtala and co refused he went back to Enugu.

I just narrated historical facts, where is the "victim mentality", you want me to say people deserve death because some officers killed other people, if the particular officers involved were hounded and killed, that's different from systematic genocide.

Nobody is trying to justify any killings here, but to shy away from the fact the first ever coup was the cause of everything is totally unfair. You make it seem like innocent lives weren't taken during the first encounter by ibo officer. And this can't be compare with the killing of nysc Corp members in the north cause someone LOST an ELECTION, that's totally far from what happened in 1966. Do you even know how much the north as a whole look up to those elites that were killed in the first coup, or how much the northern NCOs look up to those Northern senior officers, to the north then it was an act of war on the entire north, hence the killing spree (which am not justifying). What am trying to say here is that, you don't just make it seem like people just woke up one morning and started killing. This is why playing with fire is not advisable.You may start it but may not be able to predict it's end.When the Igbo man started the killing and coup he didn't know just how far that would come back to hunt him.When the Northern senior officers thought of the counter coup they never thought the NCO will become uncontrollable.So the ripple effects goes on and on.To blame one person or group will be wrong.Every group played a significant BAD role...peace.

3 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by T8ksy(m): 7:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Of course.................just like the rational given for not killing the eastern premier because of the visit of a catholic priest.

Like i said earlier, na only you people get sense pass.

5 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:36pm On Jan 15, 2016
T8ksy:

Of course.................just like the rational given for not killing the eastern premier because of the visit of a catholic priest.

Like i said earlier, na only you people get sense pass.

Ademuleguns wife situational

Akintola - exercise book fight

bello - Hate sppech

Balewa - Died from asthma

Okotie Eboh - Stole money

Lagerma - Military blood thirst

Pam -

3 Likes

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was the subject of corruption allegations in 1962. A panel of inquiry was set up, at the instance of the NCNC chief whip of the Eastern House of Assembly Mr. E. O. Eyo, into improper investment of two million pounds of government funds when Zik was the Premier. The allegations were affirmed.

===================================================================================

Per the bolded, I will advice you to stop clutching straw. What trumped up allegation against Azikiwe as regional premier when Nigeria has not attended independence got to do with issues after independence? Please go read issue between BBWA and ACB.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by DerideGull(m): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
raumdeuter:

But the situation didnt call for the killing of Jaja Wachkwu

Jaja Wachkwu resigned a day before the coup, yet we werre told he wasnt informed of the coup before hand

Te soldiers training demanded the blood of other tribes but their thirst was sated by the time they got to Jaja's house that they decided to protect him

What has Jaja's resignation got to do with 1966 coup? Please I urge Nigerians youths to stop consuming conspirator's narratives.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by hinwazaka: 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2016
APC coupist. Like Awolowo did with Nzeogwu, Tinubu is now doing with kanu. God will punish and kill Tinubu and Sanusi

1 Like

Re: Excerpts Of Major Nzeogwu’s Coup Speech by raumdeuter: 7:44pm On Jan 15, 2016
DerideGull:

Per the bolded, I will advice you to stop clutching straw. What trumped up allegation against Azikiwe as regional premier when Nigeria has not attended independence got to do with issues after independence? Please go read issue between BBWA and ACB.

Dendemorron what a pathetic excuse. Me wey be your paddy sef dey shame for you

Your defence, Zik allegation was during his time as premier not his time as President? Dende you sef think am, shey this one make sense?

Why werent the soldiers vexed by the corruption of Zik when he was ruling their region to kill him, But were so angry about the corruption of Bello in Kaduna and Akintola in Ibadan. 2 places wey no concern them

Its like a Scottish soldier ignoring corruption in Glasgow, but faced the corruption in Wales

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose: Advert On Vanguard To Discredit Zenith Bank's Statement / AK-47 Bullet Pierces Abia Court Roof During Session In Umuahia / You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God - Zahra Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.