Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,456 members, 7,850,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:07 AM

Buhari: Senate’s Claim On Budget 2016 Is Laughable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Senate’s Claim On Budget 2016 Is Laughable (2029 Views)

Reno Omokri Rubbishes Sowore's Claim On The State Of Corruption In Nigeria / Edo 2016: Aisha Buhari’s Support For Obaseki Is Laughable — Mrs Akande (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Buhari: Senate’s Claim On Budget 2016 Is Laughable by TechRev: 8:42am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE.

Listening to you ke?? The ammended one still has the $3.6bn added to aso rock.
Re: Buhari: Senate’s Claim On Budget 2016 Is Laughable by dazdilijae(m): 10:03am On Jan 15, 2016
tuale4u:
We should commend d president 4 listening to us on nairaland and Nigeria masses in general for reducing aso rock feeding from 500million naira in d first version to 100Million naira in the new version.

This is better than in d past were president defend 1billion naira for Aso rock feeding

We should commend d president for reducing Car in presidency from 3.4billion in d first version to 340million in the new one. That is 90% drop.

I agree he was not well advised on how to go about it, but it was done with d interest of d masses. But we should focus on end point of the action and not on frivolities PDP are feeding d masses with.

We should understand that Buhari was not under any compulsion to reduce some of those extravagance. He could have ignored d criticism of d masses and leave the waste in d budget. But he listen to us and amended it.

Why is it not an issue in the House of Representative? The Budget was not only given to Senate. The budget was presented to Joint National Assembly. Not to senate alone. House of rep has no issue with d amendment. But criminal Saraki in d senate is trying to over blow it to protect himself from code of conduct tribunal because the supreme court decision is close by on the 5th of February. He is wasting his time. If Saraki thinks he can connive with PDP to blackmail the president into killing the anti-corruption drive of the president, he is making a big mistake .

The Budget has not be signed into law. It has not be approve. So it can be changed or ammended. The president saw an error and chose to correct. He may have been advised wrongly on how to do it, but the overall intention is noble. Nigerians should learn to praise noble things rather than destroying it with useless technicalities and partisanship.

PDP should not be taken seriously because they dont care a bit about Nigeria masses.
They only care about protecting thier criminal members and looters.

Next time the president must ensure he prove read every document before making it public to avoid this kind of embarrassment in the future.

As far as i am concern, this whole noise on d budget is due to the fact that the President and Saraki are not in good terms. So senate President is making unneccessary noise about it.

There is no illegality in what d presidency did. No law was broken. He may have missed some protocol in doing it, no single law was broken.

As a member of Nigeria masses, I know when things is done for the interest of d masses. This case is clearly in d interest of d masses. I will rather focus on d nobility of the intention and action of the president, than focus on the technicality which is being overblown out of proportion in d senate by the senate president to protect himself from prosecution.

I have seen both version. They are almost 99% the same. The majoy difference is the reduction in Extravagance in the presidency in the new one.

THE BUDGET WAS SUBMITTED TO BOTH SENATE AND HOUSE OF REP. HOUSE OF REP SPEAKER SAID NOTHING IS MISSING WHY IS SENATE PRESIDENT MAKING ALL THE NOISE.

Spin doctor you try but not good enough to brain wash anyone. he who goes to equity must go with clean hands. it's called politics the dirty game. Mr president should learn to be a politician not a military man some things are best discussed than fought. when you want to prove you ve absolute powers you must make sure you do everything according to law or get ambushed as has happened.
I don't support the tactics of the senate but the president should just apogees to nigerians cos as simple as you see this act it is an impeachable offence and with the rift between the presidency and the senate (it president) he is in for a long thing.
Re: Buhari: Senate’s Claim On Budget 2016 Is Laughable by Kyase(m): 10:58am On Jan 15, 2016
dazdilijae:

Spin doctor you try but not good enough to brain wash anyone. he who goes to equity must go with clean hands. it's called politics the dirty game. Mr president should learn to be a politician not a military man some things are best discussed than fought. when you want to prove you ve absolute powers you must make sure you do everything according to law or get ambushed as has happened.
I don't support the tactics of the senate but the president should just apogees to nigerians cos as simple as you see this act it is an impeachable offence and with the rift between the presidency and the senate (it president) he is in for a long thing.
He didnt force you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Edo People Insult An APC Agent/campaigner Calling For Support On Facebook / Diezani Refund 90 Billion Dollar To Nigerian Government – CNN / Gambia President Elect, Adama Barrow Regarded As Head Of State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.