Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,013 members, 7,810,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days (28845 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Omooba77: 8:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
The Comptroller-General of Customs, Hammed Ali, has directed all officers and men of the Nigeria Customs Service to declare their assets within 14 days.A circular signed by the comptroller-general and addressed to all deputy comptrollers-general, zonal coordinators and customs area controllers said the new measure was aimed at ensuring transparency and compliance with the rule of law.According to the circular, the directive was in compliance with “the Bank Employees Declaration of Assets Act Cap B1 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004”.

The circular said although the act provides for asset declaration by all bank employees, it also empowers the president to extend its application to other categories of persons.“Specifically, Section 12 (1) states that “The provision of this act shall apply to the comptroller-general, deputy comptroller-general, assistant comptroller-general, chief collector, principal collector and other officer, staff or employee of the Nigeria Customs Service as it applies to a chief executive or an employee of a bank,” said the circular.

The comptroller-general observed that many officers had not complied with the provisions of the act over the years, stating that the 14-day ultimatum for compliance would be strictly enforced.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196830-hameed-ali-orders-customs-officers-to-declare-assets-in-14-days.html

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Omooba77: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
Custom or custom,the richest organisation in the world,God bless Nigeria

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by smsshola(m): 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2016
Naija go better one day...we will soon see those who enriched their thru public means.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Standing5(m): 8:22pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good to hear. Every self-made billionaire should be willing to clear his /her name from being a theiving govt official.

34 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by unlawfulact: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
If this is indeed true, then i beleive we are heading somewhere.

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by aieromon(m): 8:33pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hameed Ali,my nigga

84 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Omooba77: 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Asset of A cubed nko
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Omooba77: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
unlawfulact:
If this is indeed true, then i beleive we are heading somewhere.

Same thinking here,but those who will check them nko?

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by mars123(m): 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2016
No wonder customs people didn't want you Mr Ali...you're the man tho.

126 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2016
Great one!! Those custom officers embezzle and rip the government with reckless abandon and without mercy.

Only God or a sent powerful angel can rid the Nigerian customs service of the mess acquired.

Baba col please spread your tentacles to the retired ones also.

i see some of them and wonder how their salary can give them the kind of life they live!

Up live col Ali rtd
up live PMB
up live Nigeria

98 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Omooba77: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lalasticlala,I beg I dey see one sonoflucifer here,tell him to get behind me

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by johnmartus(m): 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
EFCC SHOULD ALSO INVESTIGATE THE RETIRED CUSTOMS OFFICERS RIGHT FROM THE1999 TILL DATE

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Omooba77: 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
Also all those wey dey serve for border since 1902

12 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef.....

Sai APC
Sai Ali
Sai Buhari

27 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by saintkel(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
Hmm
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by sotall(m): 11:04pm On Jan 15, 2016
undecided undecided
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Dansiki1: 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
Some of these guys are more richer than the Dasukis of this world

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by DrChatNuff: 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
i bow to Dat man......keep riding high..Nigeria shall overcome

25 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Dindondin(m): 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
everybody. police, principal, civil servants all

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by xukwaa: 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
4 years is too short to clean up the mess. However, let's leave the whole thing for lawma...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by coolhamid(m): 11:08pm On Jan 15, 2016
Lol
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by free2ryhme: 11:09pm On Jan 15, 2016
ghen ghen !!!!

6 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by free2ryhme: 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
e don red

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by free2ryhme: 11:10pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thank you and these declarations must be verifiable withing one month otherwise such should be voided.The Nigerian customs have been doing whatever they wanted in Nigeria for too long, they hire their errant boys as 'clearing agents' most of the money paid for clearance does not reach FG accounts, these custom errant boys play with our intelligence on top the stealing. Let employing the srevices of so called 'clearing agents' be a choice and not the rule, let the process of clearing imported goods be made transparent so that once I pay my import duties, I should be allowed to take my goods out of the ports without deliberate hinderance. Customs should have no right to mount road blocks to fleece fellow citizens. They can go to the markets and look for band goods, fraudulent prices, sub-standard goods and so on. Actually my recipe is to send most custom officers packing for doing alot of damage to our country, besides, many are not well educated in an era where we have plenty University graduates without employment......

34 Likes 4 Shares

Looool, I am enjoying the wind of change heralded by the APC broom.

This should start bringing down property prices to more reasonable and realistic levels as corrupt officials start to sell at quick fire to avoid the trap of false assets declaration.

There is now hope for the common Nigerian man/woman who has worked hard, but not stolen, not to look so unenterprising.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by LionInZion: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
This is good. I believe Nigeria will be great again if people start to fear the consequences of their action even before taking it unlike thriving in impunity.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by reyscrub(m): 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
Including illegal confiscated car and other goods from public.

Thief thief you na be u dis custom guys.

Idiot

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by free2ryhme: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
a no-nonsense ex-army general president with the resolute machismo and moral uprightness to lead the war against corruption.

12 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by ibkgab001: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
nah today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP / EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe / Rex Tillerson Arrives Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.