Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,236 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days (28864 Views)

Photos Of Hameed Ali Answering Questions In The Senate Today / Senator Yayi Tells Hameed Ali: "Go Back And Wear Uniform" / Senators Hold Close Door Meeting With Customs Boss Hameed Ali. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by free2ryhme: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2016
i don ready to buy property ooo

oya custom officers who wan sell i wan buy grin

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Abugab(m): 11:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
With this exercise at least 50% of those guys in Nigerian Customs will be found wanting. I know loads of Customs guys who are super rich even amongst the junior officers.

See gobe

7 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by paulzee94(m): 11:27pm On Jan 15, 2016
that's me...people say I look like wizkid
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2016
Sir Comptroller-General of Customs, Hammed Ali. I here by declare my asset. 1. 15 containers of vehicles 2. 10 containers I don't know what is inside. 3. None of the cars am driving is mine and I have at least four.. 4. Future containers I will seize is at the sea.. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by heartbitmi: 11:42pm On Jan 15, 2016
Omooba77:
Custom or custom,the richest organisation in the world,God bless Nigeria
amen bro
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2016
I don't believe dangote is the richest man in Africa.Some ogas in public services drawn from customs,armed forces and other government agencies are far richer than dangote.

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2016
johnmartus:
EFCC SHOULD ALSO INVESTIGATE THE RETIRED CUSTOMS OFFICERS RIGHT FROM THE1999 TILL DATE
Why from 1999 only?Does corruption in nigeria started in 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by LordAdam: 11:50pm On Jan 15, 2016
Oga Ali, plenty gboza for you.

Mk sure say na EFCC and ICPC verify the declarations oh.

Weda u na politician or civil servant or force man, if you misbehave with the mandate given to you, u either enter jail or you leave the government's employee register and forfeit all ill-gotten monies.

Abeg Ali, reason with PMB make him too "respect the rule of law".

PMB, abeg dey polish this guy national honor medal for am. With the way he is going na OON or OFR sure pass for am.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by kennyman2000(m): 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2016
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by janefarms2015: 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Omooba77:
Also all those wey dey serve for border since 1902

Hmmmnnnnñ, including ATIKU? Hnnnnn, omoba, u wicked oh!

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by tatax(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
Chei!!! Ndi a anwaaa ndi aaa
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by ChIkZiE(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2016
Omooba77:
The Comptroller-General of Customs, Hammed Ali, has directed all officers and men of the Nigeria Customs Service to declare their assets within 14 days.A circular signed by the comptroller-general and addressed to all deputy comptrollers-general, zonal coordinators and customs area controllers said the new measure was aimed at ensuring transparency and compliance with the rule of law.According to the circular, the directive was in compliance with “the Bank Employees Declaration of Assets Act Cap B1 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004”.

The circular said although the act provides for asset declaration by all bank employees, it also empowers the president to extend its application to other categories of persons.“Specifically, Section 12 (1) states that “The provision of this act shall apply to the comptroller-general, deputy comptroller-general, assistant comptroller-general, chief collector, principal collector and other officer, staff or employee of the Nigeria Customs Service as it applies to a chief executive or an employee of a bank,” said the circular.

The comptroller-general observed that many officers had not complied with the provisions of the act over the years, stating that the 14-day ultimatum for compliance would be strictly enforced.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196830-hameed-ali-orders-customs-officers-to-declare-assets-in-14-days.html
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by ChIkZiE(m): 12:25am On Jan 16, 2016
Oppression zero corruption

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Oyinoyin: 12:26am On Jan 16, 2016
Omooba77:
Custom or custom,the richest organisation in the world,God bless Nigeria

Toooooooor cool
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Bluv1(f): 12:27am On Jan 16, 2016
The are in for it, hope it's followed tru, www.meddrive.com.ng

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by karama22(m): 12:50am On Jan 16, 2016
Mr Hameed All u talk too much...everything is from ur mouth. U don't ve an organisational secret. You know nothing in customs rather than I will sack u, I will jail u.
must u be saying everything. . .

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by MrMcJay(m): 12:56am On Jan 16, 2016
karama22:
Mr Hameed All u talk too much...everything is from ur mouth. U don't ve an organisational secret. You know nothing in customs rather than I will sack u, I will jail u.
must u be saying everything. . .

It was a directive passed down and not a secret exercise. There was no threat anywhere except for an assurance of strict compliance.

Read and understand before u comment.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by arusoncd(m): 1:25am On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Nigerian Lady With A So, So Wide Vagina
Cries Out For Help..
Tell the lady that she is suffering from a little female condition called Pussyporosis. If the ailment affected other orifice of your body like anus, lips or nose it is called ultra Orificeoporoses. contact me for help. thanks.
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 1:59am On Jan 16, 2016
step in the right direction

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by eseoghene144: 2:08am On Jan 16, 2016
Dansiki1:
Some of these guys are more richer than the Dasukis of this world
how many custom officers have houses in ikoyi,VI,lekki,asokoroo or maitama?
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Lobolintin(m): 2:25am On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmmmmm....,

I swear, have been having issues with PMB,

What's all this nonsense ?

What's all this ?

Ali, calm down, Abeg customs ,...corrupt yes, but Nah 79%...

Arase Abeg conduct police own, they re 200% corrupt ....

Custom men deals with money daily, the love of money is the root of evil, jailed them all with Efcc and icpc verifying their trash, some of them get money pas Lagos state.. Kudos Ali..

Until bubu enter police ,I never believe am..,,police needs to be torch, bubu sack Ali now with immediate effects, Nah Police IG fit am,custom no fit am, this kind of man as IG of Police, walai, I go dey slap police men anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by wilcox(m): 2:50am On Jan 16, 2016
Good news, but the implementation is what I fear if it will not suffer sabotage. I doubt if there's any prudent agency in Nigeria not even the so call EFCC and ICPC. Please constructive criticism is most welcomed as it avail me the opportunity to learn and know about various agencies.
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by AreaFada2: 2:54am On Jan 16, 2016
Abugab:
With this exercise at least 50% of those guys in Nigerian Customs will be found wanting. I know loads of Customs guys who are super rich even amongst the junior officers.

See gobe

Nobody said a craze person nor go go farm, na to do any useful work dia be the koko. cheesy grin

Ordinarily, all civil servants and custom, police, army and so on can be required to declare assets.

But those who make mega bucks are smart enough to know how to use fronts to conceal most assets.
Without their close relatives and associates also declaring assets, any recovery would be tip of the iceberg.

At least, it's good to let them know that the govt is ready to make noise about it. It might just deter some fearful & half-way decent ones.

My worry is that, when well-connected people become entangled in it, the govt will soft-pedal for political expediency .
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by 360command: 3:06am On Jan 16, 2016
My dad once told me, a custom( comptoller-general) who heads apapa wharf is richer than a gov of any state aside from the oil rich state, and lagos.
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by 360command: 3:10am On Jan 16, 2016
eseoghene144:
how many custom officers have houses in ikoyi,VI,lekki,asokoroo or maitama?
guy you don't know customs. They are the only uniform men who knows how to keep things in the dark. The guy u quoted, I believe his statement.

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Nobody: 3:26am On Jan 16, 2016
A good and welcome development. How I wish this can be extended to some retired custom officers who became billionaire overnight. Anyway, more power to your elbow Ali. May the spirit of Nigeria be with those who care and wish standard welfare for the poor and defenseless Nigerians.
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by OTEGA1: 3:42am On Jan 16, 2016
THIS CUSTOM GUY IS WORKING .Pushing the traditional limits in purging d system. I c him as a potential future president again from the North. If he succeed in sanitizing custom he can sanitize the country. I wish him d best.Nigeria i guess need some military leaders to put people in check........

1 Like

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by gabriel74: 4:26am On Jan 16, 2016
Gradually,Nigeria shall be great .

Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by Yeske2(m): 4:54am On Jan 16, 2016
Wondering why those wailers are avoiding this thread because they hate any good news from our PMB.
Good move, we must kill corruption before it kills us
Re: Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days by mostyg(m): 4:57am On Jan 16, 2016
The general public can also help in getting rid of corrupt custom officials. If you know anyone of them living above his income please expose him/her.

We need a website/blog that would be dedicated to exposing corrupt officials List the location of thier assets and the worth if you have the idea. We need to assist this government with information.

Let kill corruption before it kills us.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe / Between Jonathan And Buhari, Who Introduced BVN? / Uche Nwosu Withdraws Case Against Ihedioha’s Election At Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.