Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,667 members, 7,820,343 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S (994 Views)

Nigerian Man Honoured In Spain For Saving Life Of A Spanish Citizen. Photos / Professor Chukwuka Okonjo Honoured In ghana / Goodluck Jonathan Honoured in Atlanta by the SCLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by OgunNewsFact: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
OgunNewsFact:

Former President Goodluck Jonathan was on Thursday honoured by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia.

He was awarded the Presidential Award in recognition of his “leadership in advancing human rights, social justice and the fight for universal freedom”.

The SCLC, founded by the late American civil right leader, Martin Luther King Jr, in January 1957, is currently led by Charles Steele Jr.

The event was part of activities leading up to the celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, January 18.

Dr Jonathan, the first African leader to be so honoured, also received Martin Luther King Jr’s sister, Naomi King during the event.

Before his remarks at the event, Dr Jonathan met privately with the president of the SCLC.

The president of the SCLC, Charles Steele Jr., proposed to work with the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation to advance the cause of peace around the world and to bridge the gap between people of colour in the Diaspora.

Dr Jonathan responded that his vision was to help stabilize and promote democracy and peace in Africa.
He said there won’t be economic progress without peace.

The former president said that was the reason he pushed for Nigeria’s intervention to ensure peace in various African nations such as Côte d’Ivoire while he was in office.

The former president expressed gratitude to the SCLC for inviting him, saying it was “virtually impossible to separate this worthy body from its founder, the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or from epoch making landmark events of the American Civil Rights movement”.

“My personal takeaway from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, is service to God and the brotherhood and equality of all men before their Creator,” he said.

“In keeping with that, I have learnt not to look up to any man, except he is taller than I, or to look down on a fellow mortal, except I am admiring his shoes”.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan was on Thursday honoured by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference in Atlanta, Georgia.

He was awarded the Presidential Award in recognition of his “leadership in advancing human rights, social justice and the fight for universal freedom”.

The SCLC, founded by the late American civil right leader, Martin Luther King Jr, in January 1957, is currently led by Charles Steele Jr.

The event was part of activities leading up to the celebration of Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, January 18.

Dr Jonathan, the first African leader to be so honoured, also received Martin Luther King Jr’s sister, Naomi King during the event.

Before his remarks at the event, Dr Jonathan met privately with the president of the SCLC.

The president of the SCLC, Charles Steele Jr., proposed to work with the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation to advance the cause of peace around the world and to bridge the gap between people of colour in the Diaspora.

Dr Jonathan responded that his vision was to help stabilize and promote democracy and peace in Africa.
He said there won’t be economic progress without peace.

The former president said that was the reason he pushed for Nigeria’s intervention to ensure peace in various African nations such as Côte d’Ivoire while he was in office.

The former president expressed gratitude to the SCLC for inviting him, saying it was “virtually impossible to separate this worthy body from its founder, the late great Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, or from epoch making landmark events of the American Civil Rights movement”.

“My personal takeaway from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, is service to God and the brotherhood and equality of all men before their Creator,” he said.

“In keeping with that, I have learnt not to look up to any man, except he is taller than I, or to look down on a fellow mortal, except I am admiring his shoes”.

1 Share

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by Opinedecandid(m): 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
What an irony!

1 Like

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
Whether APC supporters like it or not Jonathan is the Best president Nija has ever had.
Nija problems began from Gen. Obj regime when the issues of Indigenization Policy decree came on board.

8 Likes

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
The standing ovations for Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan GCON keep getting louder by the day, despite all effort by the agents of darkness to associate him with corruption

7 Likes

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by psucc(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
It us getting more and more than confused by the day. I read he us the first African to be honoured. And to think that this is the same man that is randomly condemned and vilified at home by many makes it curious.

4 Likes

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by millhouse: 9:16am On Jan 17, 2016
psucc:
It us getting more and more than confused by the day. I read he us the first African to be honoured. And to think that this is the same man that is randomly condemned and vilified at home by many makes it curious.
a prophet is never recognized in his own town... Ask Jesus he could explain better

1 Like

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by Trut(m): 9:25am On Jan 17, 2016
undecided
Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by sultaan(m): 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2016
You still get credit for data baa,wait till credit finis you go know say pepper be vegetable grin grin
Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by EternalTruths: 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
Buhari the confused President has ended up destroying the economy.

True Federalism or oil death laden economy

Buhari choose wisely cool

1 Like

Re: The Clueless One Who Didn't Allow 1 Dollar To Exchange For N305 Honoured In U.S by poshestmina(f): 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
I love this humble, peaceful man
We miss you sir cry cry

Dullardino is busy creating more problems and hardship
We truly miss you GEJ

(1) (Reply)

Tonybarcanista In Trouble / Buy Naija To Grow Naira. Here's What We Mean. / Mrs Aisha Buhari Unveils NLNG Tanker In South Korea - PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.