Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,277 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo (1870 Views)

Reps Threaten Arrest Warrant Against Malami / Fresh N46bn Fraud: 25 Witnesses To Testify Against Tompolo / Buhari Moves Against Tompolo Order EFCC To Freeze His Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Tearg1: 5:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
A Court in Lagos had issued a bench warrant against the former Niger Delta militant Tompolo brought from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

It will be recalled that the EFCC had in December 2015 charged Tompolo and the former Director General Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA), Patrick Akpobolokemi, we well as eight others. They are accused of stealing $108.7m and N2.1billion belonging to NIMASA for personal use.

The former Niger Delta militant, Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo), and his associates are being accused of blowing up with explosives gas and oil crude pipelines on Thursday night. The explosions were reported in the Kpokpo community in Warri South-West Local Government Area (LGA) of Delta State.

In relation to a recent threat made by the ex-militant, President Buhari has ordered the army to bring Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) to Justice.

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Opinedecandid(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by zuchyblink(m): 5:31pm On Jan 16, 2016
Bomb the criminal Tompolo is too small for Nigeria
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by meforyou1(m): 5:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
Op, are u well at all? What do u intend to gain by this misleading topic?
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Tearg1: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2016
meforyou1:
Op, are u well at all? What do u intend to gain by this misleading topic?

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196732-court-issues-arrest-warrant-for-tompolo.html
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by apholaryn: 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2016
IPods with propaganda be like 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by meforyou1(m): 5:39pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tearg1:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/196732-court-issues-arrest-warrant-for-tompolo.html
the story is court issuing arrest warrant. Your headline is FG placing bounty on Tompolo, which wasn't reported in the story.
Mynd44 take note

3 Likes

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Rival(m): 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
A country that is said to be broke is giving out 14m dollars to capture one man? Anyway, there is no such news.
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by TruthHurts1(m): 5:40pm On Jan 16, 2016
Where dem see money to pay $14 mil bounty?

1 Like

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by skimarvel: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
.Them wan borrow money from dasuki!!!..Iffahear say FG no owe you if you find Tompolo.
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by LMFashions: 5:41pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tearg1:

Where in this link was it stated that a $14m bounty was placed for his capture, huh OP? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Tearg1: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2016
This is the Headline for Monday 18th Jan.... this decision was taken late last night, my relative who is a general in the Army confirmed it.... , hence the reason for the renewed bombing of oil platforms..

Buhari has issued an order to the army to return to the creeks, so we may be heading for an instability in the creeks again...

I am only publicising this news to expose the hypocrisy of our Government.... People are dying in the hands of Boko Haram and they are busy chasing an ex-militant....

War does not provide solutions... they have to sit down on a round table and mediate....
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Tearg1: 5:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
LMFashions:

Where in this link was it stated that a $14m bounty was placed for his capture, huh OP? undecided

Just got a call from my relative in the army. Its gonna be on the headlines next week. The army has been on his trail for the past week, hence the reason for the renewed bombings.
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by damselchinny: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2016
Federal Government no knw were him dey na nairalanders go know.........nawa oooh make them go Warri naa.

1 Like

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 16, 2016
Complete overreaction. The overeagerness of EFCC might lead to them losing the case
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by omenka(m): 6:25pm On Jan 16, 2016
meforyou1:
the story is court issuing arrest warrant. Your headline is FG placing bounty on Tompolo, which wasn't reported in the story.
Mynd44 take note
Mynd44, please ban the op for gross violation of Rule 8.

These people are bent of fanning the embers of instability in this country.

1 Like

Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Tearg1: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
omenka:
Mynd44, please ban the op for gross violation of Rule 8.

These people are bent of fanning the embers of instability in this country.

I think you need to re-read those rules to yourself, before advocating for what you have little or no knowledge about...
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Pidggin(f): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2016
What type of irrational decision is this? It seems FG is spoiling for war despite our economic woes. What if the army cannot defeat the militants? Why will anyone want to sacrifice the fragile peace we already have because of pride (sighs)
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by LMFashions: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Tearg1:

Just got a call from my relative in the army. Its gonna be on the headlines next week. The army has been on his trail for the past week, hence the reason for the renewed bombings.

Oh I see. I wish them all the best.
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by asadike(f): 6:50pm On Jan 16, 2016
Buhari is simply looking for an excuse to attack niger delta
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by Candyrain(m): 6:57pm On Jan 16, 2016
asadike:
Buhari is simply looking for an excuse to attack niger delta

The end result will hit him hard in the face.
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by asadike(f): 7:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
Candyrain:

The end result will hit him hard in the face.
my brother i really hope so.
Re: Court issues bench warrant against Tompolo by hypetrak(m): 8:53pm On Jan 16, 2016
Make money online-http://hypetrak..co.za/

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! Kachikwu Lives In Rented Home, Drives Personal Car / Things Fall Apart..i Regretted Trekking For Buhari-hashimu Suleiman / These Nigerians Think Zahra Buhari Isn't In Love With The Man She Just Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.