Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer (2027 Views)

12-Year-Old Boy Is A Show Shiner, Couldn't Go To School Because Of Boko Haram / Group Defends Minister For Turning DSS Official Into Shoe Shiner / Dambazau Turns SSS Officer To Shoe Shinner (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
A video has gone viral of a supposed SSS officer cleaning shoes for his principal Abdurrahman Dambazau.
I have watched the video carefully and came to a conclusion that the guy is not an sss officer because of the following reasons.

1. Dambazau was the Architect who changed Buhari's details from SSS to Private Security Guards, I therefore dont expect him to be using SSS as details and besides as a retired COAS and a three star General he is entitled to military details for life

2. Of all Nigeria's Security agencies, i believe its only the SSS that has some iota of discipline and professionalism, I therefore dont expect them to engage in such unprofessional act.

3. A friend of mine who is an SSS officer after watching the video laughed and told me that going by their trainings, they dont put their guns on the left side of their waist so the man on the video is certainly not one of them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by godfirstawe: 12:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
Am sorry sir.

I am not convinced.

These folks in the north know how to do able lordship over their subjects.

There aren't strong convictions in your opinions sir.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
godfirstawe:
Am sorry sir.

I am not convinced.

These folks in the north know how to do able lordship over their subjects.

There aren't strong convictions in your opinions sir.

I gave three reasons doubting the Authenticity of the story, give three reasons why u are convinced that he's an SSS officer?

3 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by MansaMoussa: 12:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lolzzzzzzzzzzz @ " they don't put their guns on the left side"
So all DSS personel are left-handed shooters?
Interesting
!

5 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
MansaMoussa:
Lolzzzzzzzzzzz @ " they don't put their guns on the left side"
So all DSS personel are left-handed shooters?
Interesting
!

I don't know whether they shoot with their asses.... this is what I've been told.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by godfirstawe: 12:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:

And why are u convinced that he's an SSS officer?

Private guards. ?

Minister of interior in charge of every every in this country?

Who else could it be sir *, moreover the source of the news premium news is being credible and they know the implication of publishing such farce if it is indeed one!
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by rollUP(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
Booked
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
I believe these SS people are on Nairaland and they are watching us, let us not throw an ignorant accusations on them else.... U go see GOBE.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2016
godfirstawe:

Private guards. ?

Minister of interior in charge of every every in this country?

Who else could it be sir *, moreover the source of the news premium news is being credible and they know the implication of publishing such farce if it is indeed one!

Even police officers on Protective security now wear suits... So lay people like me and u mistake them for SSS.
That guy is no less than a military detail of Dambazau.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by Mynd44: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2016
naptu2:

Batman (military)

A batman (or batwoman) is a soldier or airman assigned to a commissioned officer as a personal servant. Before the advent of motorized transport, an officer's batman was also in charge of the officer's "bat-horse" that carried the pack saddle with his officer's kit during a campaign.

The U.K. English term is derived from the obsolete bat, meaning "pack saddle" (from French bât, from Old French bast, from Late Latin bastum), and man.

Duties

A batman's duties often include:

▪ acting as a "runner" to convey orders from the officer to subordinates

▪ maintaining the officer's uniform and personal equipment as a valet

▪ driving the officer's vehicle, sometimes under combat conditions

▪ acting as the officer's bodyguard in combat

▪ digging the officer's foxhole in combat, giving the officer time to direct his unit[1]

▪ other miscellaneous tasks the officer does not have time or inclination to do

The action of serving as a batman was referred to as "batting". In armies where officers typically came from the upper class, it was not unusual for a former batman to follow the officer into later civilian life as a domestic servant.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(military)
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mynd44:
God bless you my brother.... So the guy is Dambazau's Batman abi?

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2016
These media houses of our time sha.... i dont know why they are in a hurry to bastardized all agencies of govt just to give the govt a bad name. It iz well sha, i no fit shout.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by biafranbaby(m): 12:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
4. I saw it in my dream last night that SSS don't clean shoes.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:45pm On Jan 17, 2016
biafranbaby:
4. I saw it in my dream last night that SSS don't clean shoes.

Lolz... do you guys over there have SSS? I thought because of the peace in Bia-fra-land they dont need security officers..... Wink.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by biafranbaby(m): 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:

Lolz... do you guys over there have SSS? I thought because of the peace in Bia-fra-land they dont need security officers..... Wink.

Yes, there are lots of zoo people in our land.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
biafranbaby:

Yes, there are lots of zoo people in our land.

The fact that u agree to cohabit with Animals makes you nothing less than an Animal..... #fact.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2016
Mynd44:
naptu2:
Batman (military)
A batman (or batwoman) is a soldier or airman
assigned to a commissioned officer as a
personal servant. Before the advent of
motorized transport, an officer's batman was
also in charge of the officer's "bat-horse" that
carried the pack saddle with his officer's kit
during a campaign.
The U.K. English term is derived from the
obsolete bat, meaning "pack saddle" (from
French bât, from Old French bast, from Late
Latin bastum), and man.
Duties
A batman's duties often include:
▪ acting as a "runner" to convey orders from
the officer to subordinates
▪ maintaining the officer's uniform and
personal equipment as a valet
▪ driving the officer's vehicle, sometimes
under combat conditions
▪ acting as the officer's bodyguard in combat
▪ digging the officer's foxhole in combat,
giving the officer time to direct his unit[1]
▪ other miscellaneous tasks the officer does
not have time or inclination to do
The action of serving as a batman was
referred to as "batting". In armies where
officers typically came from the upper class, it
was not unusual for a former batman to follow
the officer into later civilian life as a domestic
servant.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_
(military)
This is clearly a military tradition that has been phased out. The jury is still out on this matter.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by obasiken: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lol. So this is what damage control looks like?

This is why you are called zombies. If the video was not available zombies would have denied it ever happened.
If this had happened in his residence the outcry wud be less. But to disgrace an officer in the public in this manner says a lot about the impunity of this govt.

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by scribble: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2016
Department of shoe shiners

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
scribble:
Department of shoe shiners
Lolz what will u call police then?

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by biafranbaby(m): 1:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:

The fact that u agree to cohabit with Animals makes you nothing less than an Animal..... #fact.

I never agreed to anything. Ask Lord Luggard.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by TechRev: 1:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
OP is implying its not an SSS officer but an army officer.

And i ask are army officers recruited to shine shoes?? No wonder they cant deal with bokoharam but kill innocent civilians at will and at random.

Please which Nigeria security outfit is assigned to shine shoes?? Come and claim your profession now, and end this debate.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by godfirstawe: 1:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:

Even police officers on Protective security now wear suits... So lay people like me and u mistake them for SSS.
That guy is no less than a military detail of Dambazau.

Excuse me sir.
Am not a lay man in terms of security details. ....

Polive details wear longer suit. U see them in commandeering styles among the VIPs.

The source of the video proves the authentication of the information.

We have seen a lot around.

AM happy this is in the news.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by TechRev: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
OP wrote Dambazau's Shoe Shiner.

Lol thats DSS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
godfirstawe:

Excuse me sir.
Am not a lay man in terms of security details. ....

Polive details wear longer suit. U see them in commandeering styles among the VIPs.

The source of the video proves the authentication of the information.

We have seen a lot around.

AM happy this is in the news.

Its good to hear that u r not a layman. Then you should use ur knowledge and tell us which agency fit do that rubbish.... me am doubting if it's SSS.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
TechRev:
OP wrote Dambazau's Shoe Shiner.

Lol thats DSS.

If u look at how the guy cleans the shoe with style and professionalism.... it seems like he's an expert in that aspect..... Lolz.

1 Like

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by gtrust: 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:

I gave three reasons doubting the Authenticity of the story, give three reasons why u are convinced that he's an SSS officer?

1- The man was too lazy to look at his shoes before wearing them
2- The man lacks dignity to have not understood that he was in a public place at that time and that dressing up should be done in private
3- The man doesn't respect fellow mortals to have allowed someone humiliate himself by bending over on him to polish his shoes in public while people watched. Even the British did not treat colonized Nigerians like that

Anyway, I don't really care if that man carrying gun and polishing shoes in public is an SSS officer or not.

2 Likes

Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by engrfaruq(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
gtrust:

1- The man was too lazy to look at his shoes before wearing them
2- The man lacks dignity to have not understood that he was in a public place at that time and that dressing up should be done in private
3- The man doesn't respect fellow mortals to have allowed someone humiliate himself by bending over on him to polish his shoes in public while people watched. Even the British did not treat colonized Nigerians like that

Anyway, I don't really care if that man carrying gun and polishing shoes in public is an SSS officer or not.

U don't care if he's an SSS operative or not? U should have checked the subject of the thread before commenting.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by gtrust: 5:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:

U don't care if he's an SSS operative or not? U should have checked the subject of the thread before commenting.

If after reading my comment just still went ahead to write what you wrote then I have no comment.
Re: Three Reasons Why Dambazau's Shoe Shiner Is Not An SSS Officer by likila: 6:05pm On Jan 17, 2016
engrfaruq:
Dambazu's Shoe Shiner (DSS)

ok.
the man is not soldier or police or state security.
the man is dambazu shoe shiner.
fool stop!

(1) (Reply)

When Will Buhari Stabilize Oil Price? The Noblezone Have Not Forgotten. / ISIS Issues UK Attack Threat After Brussels Attacks / See What Happened At Agbado Area Of Ogun Today After The Storm (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.