Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,773 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling (25264 Views)

Eziuche Ubani & Co Allegedly Bought Guns For Abia Appeal Court Protest / Alex Otti Dancing With Ladies (Photo) / Breaking News: Dr. Alex Otti Files Final Address At Abia Election Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by UncleJudax(m): 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:
cheap propaganda. Ponpon I hope okezie gave you your own uniform as well?

Governor ndi agburu. angry
The propaganda tire me gan. He means Alex Otti is challenging a judgement that declared him the winner of the guber election? shocked grin

Kai...so what does he what to achieve now? Hahahaha...
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by shachris02: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
EasternPride:

Rubbish.

You are an impersonator. leave igboland alone. Stop inciting the igbos against one another.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
Tinye aka ka Abia di nma, The victory is ours by march 3rd
Support Dr Alex Otti for Abia to take its rightful position as No 1 state in the federation. We Abians have the skills and manpower to achieve that, all we need is a good direction from Dr Alex.

God of Senior Prophet TB Joshua shall see us through.

#TeamAlexOtti
#TeamCompetence

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by marked10(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2016
SamJed:
I don't understand o...why should he be filing an appeal when he has already been declared a winner

hhahahaha ask me oooo

this political games self, i don tire oooo
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by EasternPride: 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
shachris02:

You are an impersonator. leave igboland alone. Stop inciting the igbos against one another.

What of you that left rubbish Imo state to be talking rubbish in Abia issues.

Who made you the chairman over them, don't get me annoyed.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
To the temporal governor ikpeazu, ikpeazu you came through the back door and by Gods grace must go through the back door.

You seem to have good intention but came thru wayo wayo, so you shall go thru wayo wayo.

Ponponkon take note in the voice of juliet iwuno a LIBER

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by shachris02: 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
EasternPride:

What of you that left rubbish Imo state to be talking rubbish in Abia issues.

Who made you the chairman over them, don't get me annoyed.

grin I am the chairman over them because we are the first sons. Go and read about owerri and it's position in igboland.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by bpalace(m): 8:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ponponkon:
Mynd44. Seun and lalasticlala

The Danger Of Creating A Monster Is That One Day It Will Challenge The Master
For those doubting the information we passed today that the embattled Abia APGA guber candidate and former Diamond bank's boss Dr. Alex Otti has filed a cross-Appeal after realising that what he paid and got at
the court of
appeal was an empty judgement that can't stand.
Dr. Otti who helped the embattled politicians to shiphon their state fund when he was at Diamond bank has filed a cross-appeal at the Supreme Court, challenging the
ruling of the
court of appeal that declared him 'winner'.
The danger of creating a monster is that one day it will challenge the master, that's the case Dr Otti found himself at the moment.
When he was busy bribing the appeal court judges one thing that escaped his memory was that he is only a looter,sorry a banker and not a lawyer, hence the learned judges knows the implication of the job they are paid for and hence the gave their judgement knowing fully well that the supreme court will never buy their decision.

ochendo global...... I know ur likes.... I pray bihari nab all of una corrupt set of ppl... he paid appeal judges and ur man didn't pay tribunal judges...yeye ppl

3 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Grundig: 8:58pm On Jan 17, 2016
The attacxhed docments are blurrry which makes it difficult to read and understand what is written even upon zooming.

If Otti is appealing the judgement which was in his fabvour then it means there's trouble. He is likely to lose altogether at the supreme court.

Otti must be wondering how/why he was coerced/cajoled/hoodwinked into joining politics.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by cupidhero(m): 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ponponkon:
Mynd44. Seun and lalasticlala

The Danger Of Creating A Monster Is That One Day It Will Challenge The Master
For those doubting the information we passed today that the embattled Abia APGA guber candidate and former Diamond bank's boss Dr. Alex Otti has filed a cross-Appeal after realising that what he paid and got at
the court of
appeal was an empty judgement that can't stand.
Dr. Otti who helped the embattled politicians to shiphon their state fund when he was at Diamond bank has filed a cross-appeal at the Supreme Court, challenging the
ruling of the
court of appeal that declared him 'winner'.
The danger of creating a monster is that one day it will challenge the master, that's the case Dr Otti found himself at the moment.
When he was busy bribing the appeal court judges one thing that escaped his memory was that he is only a looter,sorry a banker and not a lawyer, hence the learned judges knows the implication of the job they are paid for and hence the gave their judgement knowing fully well that the supreme court will never buy their decision.
Alex Otti is still better than the turtle-headed dingbat you call Ikpeazu who openly rolled with a rejected klepto like T.A orji. You know how this will end. Allen,Adaelu,Ikpeazu and any other person paying you should find another State to fool with their cheap rigging and dumb propanda.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by PhockPhockMan: 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2016
Odikwa serious.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by stitcheD(m): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
Lawyers should please break down his reasons for filling an appeal please.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by echelons(m): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
Ponponkon:
The battle is still on.
My dear brothers and sisters from Abia State and UkwaNgwa.
I am propelled and compelled to inform you this moment that the battle is still on. Our struggle for justice, equity and fairness in our state has not ended. We are not yet in paradise. Our enemies are not sleeping. They're still plotting. Their ill-gotten wealth is still pushing them. Their desperation has gone beyond point of no return. We must be aware of their this. But we MUST not lose sight. We must not relent. We must also not forget that this battle is not really ours, it's of the God, and God has been faithful from the beginning and He will continue to win for us.
As the day break opens another chapter in our book and life of struggle for justice, equity and fairness in our state- Abia and beyond, I am provoked to call your attentions to the words of Great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr, who in his famous "I Have A Dream" speech, reminded us who we are, and why we must remain same.
Permit me to inform you that the combined conspiratorial forces of enemy neighbours and their interloper allies have continued in their desperation to force their way in, to loot our commonwealth, this we must resist. It should be obvious to all and sundry by now that theirs is no longer a quest to serve.
I leave you with the words of Dr Luther of blessed memories;
'But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt...We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this nation. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice...This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of segregation to the sunlite path of racial justice. Now is the time to lift our nation from the quicksands of racial injustice to the solid rock of brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of God's children...It would be fatal for the nation to overlook the urgency of the moment...In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with soul force...We cannot walk alone...And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead...We cannot turn back...And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream...I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."..I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."...This is our hope, and this is the faith...With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day."
Yours truly, Dr Ponponkon

It's obvious that you're either paid to post these crap on Nairaland or you're looking forward to gaining something from Ikpeazu's illegitimate government.

Leave the legal battle to the lawyers. The height Alex has attained in his career, you'll only dream it for yourself.

Goodluck with your delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by spencekat(m): 9:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
bpalace:

ochendo global...... I know ur likes.... I pray bihari nab all of una corrupt set of ppl... he paid appeal judges and ur man didn't pay tribunal judges...yeye ppl
Leave them.Very soon,they will cry and protest again.Alex Otti is the governor.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by paramakina202: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
Desperation from Ikpe'Azu camp.
Lies and propaganda won't help him.
He he he he he he .....Otti have made some people go insane.Today na sunday o and yesterday was Saturday.Lol grin.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by gtrust: 9:36pm On Jan 17, 2016
Who would be exposing Supreme Court documents on a forum/media in this 2016

I wouldn't comment until I'm sure of wetin be all these!!!
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by genuinechimere(m): 9:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
I seriously doubt †ђξ credibility of this. I reside in Umuahia. All I can say is this: fear PDP. They are good at propaganda

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Nadoson1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
EFCC where una dey? I think otti's wealth should be checkmate. now otti is challenging the appellant verdict on his favour because he was never sworn in as he planed his game which bounced back on him. anyway LAWYERS must eat, pay their children's school fees, change their cloth and same time change their cars. his(otti) lawyers knows too well that so called otti is a nobody in the world of politics because with things happening to him, shows that otti's brain of reasoning is unstable. imagine that one lawyer will approach him with one brain which he(the lawyer) will paint with one of their terminologies in a way of extorting money from him/withdrawing money from their ATM MACHINE called otti. anyway, one adage says that what is gotten from the side of teeth also goes that way. hahahaha I am assuring so called otti that after this game he got himself into, HE WILL NEVER COME CLOSE TO POLITICS AGAIN even his unborn great grand children

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Gamechanger: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
stitcheD:
Lawyers should please break down his reasons for filling an appeal please.

This is really no biggie.
The op is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

A cross-appeal does not attack the judgment in the main. It- is an appeal against that part of the judgment which the winner of the case does not agree with including:
1. Issues raised
2. Decision on points of law
3. Reliefs granted to the cross-appellant
In all the above, the court may not agree completely with the winner and the winner may have to cross-appeal.

In some instances,the essence of the cross-appeal may be to sort out a recondite point of law.

3 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Mrmart(f): 10:15pm On Jan 17, 2016
Had it been that we don't know PDP and their antics,we would have given attention to this post that shows an act of cowardise and political supporter of APC of PDP.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by paramakina202: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
After the Devil himself fear PDP Abia state chapter.

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Super1759: 10:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
Rubbish!

Team Alex Otto

PDP go and die!!!!

1 Like

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 17, 2016
francondu:
Lawyers are the winners here ikpeazu and otti will give them huge sum of money.I hate lawyers
Don't hate them o. I'll soon join them
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Jdesilentkiller(m): 11:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
The reality on ground is not whether he cross-appealed or star-appealed but who was the rightful winner of the said election.

I believe a rerun will go a long way to vindicate the downtroden.

Alex Otti is loved but from a party without federal backing, Ikpeazu is hated (cos of TA Orji) but from a popular party in the region with federal support.

One plus one is not always equals to one in politics.

Am just an observer.....
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by paramakina202: 12:51am On Jan 18, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:
The reality on ground is not whether he cross-appealed or star-appealed but who was the rightful winner of the said election.

I believe a rerun will go a long way to vindicate the downtroden.

Alex Otti is loved but from hated party of the region, Ikpeazu is hated (cos of TA Orji) but from the most loved party in the region.

One plus one is not always equals to one in politics.

Am just an observer.....
Which one is Otti is loved but from most hated party of the region?
Are you talking about APGA or another party?
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by Jdesilentkiller(m): 12:57am On Jan 18, 2016
paramakina202:
Which one is Otti is loved but from most hated party of the region? Are you talking about APGA or another party?
My bad, APGA is actually loved in the region.

I was actually in a hurry while typing....... I will modify it.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by paramakina202: 1:07am On Jan 18, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:

Good.
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by B2mario(m): 1:58am On Jan 18, 2016
Chino/Spacetour come and hear ooo
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by B2mario(m): 2:00am On Jan 18, 2016
paramakina202:
Which one is Otti is loved but from most hated party of the region? Are you talking about APGA or another party?
Most hated party indeed!
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by B2mario(m): 2:04am On Jan 18, 2016
Jdesilentkiller:

Apga is not loved in Abia, that is why it has never won any election in Abia. The party is too local and can't go beyond the state it's presently controlling.

2 Likes

Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by onyfrank: 2:24am On Jan 18, 2016
Femi Falana (SAN)Nigerian Lawyer and human rights activist while speaking on channels TV tonight 17/1/16,lampoons Governorship Tribunals & INEC . In his words he stated that the Use of Card Reader was made Mandatory by Law for the Governorship Elections of April 2015 all over the Federation That Tribunals & INEC were largely compromised in States like Abia , Rivers etc That Chief Olisa Metu ( PDP Publicity Secretary ) Now in Prison is NOT entitled to bail as speculated by some PDP chieftains & lawyers . He said bail condition is at the discretion of the Court . Finally he Stated that Any State challenging the Use of Card reader for Governorship Elections are just buying time. In the real sense of it , they have no valid case at the Supreme Courtt
Re: Alex Otti Files Cross-Appeal, Faults Abia Appeal Court Ruling by kahal29: 5:26am On Jan 18, 2016
Gamechanger:

This is really no biggie.
The op is just making a mountain out of a molehill.

A cross-appeal does not attack the judgment in the main. It- is an appeal against that part of the judgment which the winner of the case does not agree with including:
1. Issues raised
2. Decision on points of law
3. Reliefs granted to the cross-appellant
In all the above, the court may not agree completely with the winner and the winner may have to cross-appeal.

In some instances,the essence of the cross-appeal may be to sort out a recondite point of law.

Abeg help me tell Ponponkon and his co travelers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does The Police Have Any Constitutional Right To Go Through A Citizen`s Phone? / I Left PDP Because I Was Expelled - Akpabio Tells Court / Lagos Ranked World’s Second Most Stressful City By Vaay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.