Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn (807 Views)

Man Who Married 2 Wives In Order To Have A Male Child Now Has 6 Daughters. Photo / My Wife Saved A Male Number With A Female Name / My Daughter Was Nearly Molested Yesterday By A Male Teacher! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn by Miami11: 1:44am On Jan 19, 2016
Women are you confortable having a male obgyn , do you have a preference for

Child delivery/ pregnancy care

Pap smears and such
Re: What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn by sakabe(m): 1:54am On Jan 19, 2016
women are mostly uncomfortable with male health care providers but they need to cancel all sort of gender disparity in our choice of care providers. a preference for same sex provider makes us uncomfortable wen are attended to by opposite sex!! but you must know dat you have d right to reject / accept a doctor or a nurse on d basis of gender difference #Patients do have rights!!!
Re: What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn by Miami11: 2:05am On Jan 19, 2016
This is how I look at it, a female obgyn shares same body parts and is more familiar to your situation especially if she has kids herself. Same thing I would be Leary of a woman doctor treating male issues like vasectomies, prostate, and penuses.

I think males obgyn are more gentle, they are also as qualified and efficient, but can you be confortable

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn by cococandy(f): 5:42am On Jan 19, 2016
I don't have a problem with either one as long they know their job.
Re: What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn by Acidosis(m): 7:56am On Jan 19, 2016
In so far as he's consulting in my presence or the presence of another health care giver, I would be comfortable.

My experience in a basic medical college and a school health/medical centre has shown that majority of Docs (Gyn or not) are chronic womanizers.

By the way, I'd never be comfortable taking my wife to a Teaching Hospital for experiments and gyn practicals. It will never happen.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About A Male Obgyn/gyn by Blade21: 9:40am On Jan 19, 2016
my gyneaa is a guy nd I don't deliver if he's not around my hubby is cool with it too so yes a male gynea is cool by me I don't really fancy female doctors

(1) (Reply)

Men Should Stop Sucking Their Wife’s Breast, It’s For Babies – Wale Oke / Are Women Naturally Polyandrous? / #teambossfeeling#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.