Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,544 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:05 AM

Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide (48351 Views)

Central Bank Wants Shell Banks Abolished In Nigeria / Why Union Bank Wants To Raise Capital- Nairametrics / Help! Bank Wants To Finish My Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by icon8: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
crazygod:

His account is a students account but his dad paid aboved the limit for his account

His account is not a student account! Rather, it's a tier 3 low-KYC account which is opened with just a passport photograph and minimal documentation. This class of account has limits on single deposits (N20k) and total cummulative balance.

OP should do as I earlier advised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by duchez(m): 3:30pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:
My dad deposited 30k inside my acct not knowing that as a savings account holder I shouldn't exceed 20k deposit limit....so they deactivated my acct...

I went to the bank with NEPA bill for solution......they said I have to upgrade my acct.. But I can't use NEPA bill only......they said I need sch Id card or national passport or voters card or residence permit...I don't have all those...

Please what can I do.....the bank guys refuse to help me out ohhh....help me my nairalanders.....

My dad said if my elder bro who has his ID card and admsn letter goes with me....they'll upgrade it for me....pls how true is this....we would have gone to confirm...but we have only 'to' transport... No 'fro'....so we don't get stranded....

please help out guys....

I am suppose to be at school receiving lectures but my sch fee and t-fare is in my bloody access bank acct
OP the account was not deactivated, a restriction was only placed on it because u exceeded the deposit limit for the kind of account you have. I believe it is the lowest tier of Savings account. All you need to do is to upgrade it to a higher tier of account. If you don't have the requisite means of identification, get someone who operates a current account there to stand as a guarantor for your account and it will be upgraded and the cash limited will be increased. Do not panic, it is not restricted to just Access bank. It applies to all banks as the CBS regulations classifies savings account into Tier 1 to 3 categories.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by 18wheeler: 3:33pm On Jan 19, 2016
There's a provision for operating KYC TIER -1 or tier- 2 accounts for customers who do not meet the full kyc requirement. Worst case is to ask that your account be operated as a tier 1 account with no requirement for ID or address verification. Maximum holding limit for this account type is 200 thousand naira with single transaction limit pegged at 20 thousand. You may also request that your account be modified to a tier-2 account with holding and transaction limits pegged at 500 and 50 thousand naira respectively
If your bank was truly updating KYC records in line with regulatory requirements, your account would have been downgraded to tier1 and your dad's transaction would have been returned to him with an advice on the status so you can maintain or upgrade upon presentation of required documents.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by funkymoore: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
With all the comments above, u should already have solution by now. Let know the outcome after visiting the Bank.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by soniawarmate: 3:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
Am a banker and I can tell you that the only way out is closing your account. Bank can not go out of its way to give you that money without proper documentation to avoid undue claims. Human being can be funny

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by akyinka: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
you have a full right to close the account and get your money...period!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by vikeyz(m): 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2016
Olboy just go straight to the manager's office and them better chancing, i tell you the money go commot come afterall customer is always right. angry
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by timawoku(m): 3:47pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:
My dad deposited 30k inside my acct not knowing that as a savings account holder I shouldn't exceed 20k deposit limit....so they deactivated my acct...

I went to the bank with NEPA bill for solution......they said I have to upgrade my acct.. But I can't use NEPA bill only......they said I need sch Id card or national passport or voters card or residence permit...I don't have all those...

Please what can I do.....the bank guys refuse to help me out ohhh....help me my nairalanders.....

My dad said if my elder bro who has his ID card and admsn letter goes with me....they'll upgrade it for me....pls how true is this....we would have gone to confirm...but we have only 'to' transport... No 'fro'....so we don't get stranded....

please help out guys....

I am suppose to be at school receiving lectures but my sch fee and t-fare is in my bloody access bank acct
my advice for you is this...

1)Go to court and swear affidavit that you lost your your wallet containing ur national Id or DL or voters card. Use the affidavit, it can work in place of I'd card. Affidavit will however cost you 500 bucks

2) Get a guarantor with current account to stand in for you, since you are in the school environment, it should be easy for you to have access to access account holders.

3) Commit suicide! Really that wouldn't be a half bad idea! All the troubles would go away and better still, you won't be troubling other Nigerians with your problems. *Thank me later*
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
go to NIMC opp shoprite alausa ikeja to do your national ID let them give you the original copy that with your recent nepa bill will do the trick
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
Wow.....a big thank you to nairalanders....you guys are the best.....esp Misspicy...also Creamish and Ussyyn....

I have been contacted so i feel like I'll be returning to school very very soon.

I have T.P now...since I don't need my bro to follow me anymore.....

Nairaland is like my online family!! smiley

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by masties2(f): 4:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
arinzest:
why dont you go to NIMC nearby n get a national ID? Banks accept the temporary one

Banks do not accept the temporary id card. When I tried to use it at Ecobank I saw pepperpepper embarassed
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 19, 2016
bettercreature:
You can use it to open any account as long as you have other documents to support it ,there is no difference between normal id card and plastic cards,It is what all companies and government are using
bro

I have about 35k in a dormant account with Skye bank and it is a savings account.

Do you think that the plastic id card can do the magic?I want to activate the account again. If not for anything but because of my money
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by ggirl4real: 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Please someone should explain to me. I don't understand what the op is saying...I operate a savings account with Access Bank.

Does it mean if someone sends beyond 20k into the account, it will be deactivated?

I'm not aware of any of their policies relating to this.

Someone should help o coz I'm expecting 70k in that account soon...
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by misspicy(f): 4:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:
Wow.....a big thank you to nairalanders....you guys are the best.....esp Misspicy...also Creamish and Ussyyn....

I have been contacted so i feel like I'll be returning to school very very soon.

I have T.P now...since I don't need my bro to follow me anymore.....

Nairaland is like my online family!! smiley
you are welcome son smileysmiley

Now let's talk about my payment
How much will be my share of the 30k?
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by snipesdam(m): 4:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

please help out guys....

Hello OP,

Go to branch ask the CCO to give you a proxy form. Then find a relative or friend whom owns a current account that's active and funded also running over 6 months to help sign the proxy form for you. Note that after he/she is done signing the form you will make copy of his/her ID (front and back) and present to CCO or preferably a marketer in that in PBD Team. The PBD officer will guide you and search report will be conducted on whom signed your proxy form. With this, PND will lifted on your account and it will be upgraded. This the best shot you got.

Goodluck.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2016
misspicy:

you are welcome son smileysmiley

Now let's talk about my payment
How much will be my share of the 30k?

But let the money land first ma grin
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by misspicy(f): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

But let the money land first ma grin
wey you for don run spend am alone angry
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by dominique(f): 4:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
ggirl4real:
Please someone should explain to me. I don't understand what the op is saying...I operate a savings account with Access Bank.

Does it mean if someone sends beyond 20k into the account, it will be deactivated?

I'm not aware of any of their policies relating to this.

Someone should help o coz I'm expecting 70k in that account soon...

The account the Op actually opened us a student's account which has certain restrictions. As long as your account is a regular savings account, you have nothing to worry about. Go to the nearest branch of your bank to confirm the account status.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by nanaman(m): 4:35pm On Jan 19, 2016
mrdan:
My people can i ask a question?

Is the BVN number not suppose to help in this instance, if not then what is the use of the BVN registration.
With the BVN, I thought all your required details are already with the bank, what more do they need. Won't he have already registered with a valid ID.

My thought bro..

Abi why finger print when it will be useless. Some banks sef..mcheww.

@OP, the solution is simple. Go inside the bank, tell the cashier again and if they are still adamant,sit on the desk of any of the officials,disturb the peace inside for 5mins. If the Manager does not attend to you in 2mins with your money that means,your voice ain't loud enough.

Try it,it works perfectly fine and thank me later..!!!
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 4:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
misspicy:

wey you for don run spend am alone angry

Lol...you are very funny...and nice.
kiss
Bye.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Babysho(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
nanaman:

My thought bro..

Abi why finger print when it will be useless. Some banks sef..mcheww.

@OP, the solution is simple. Go inside the bank, tell the cashier again and if they are still adamant,sit on the desk of any of the officials,disturb the peace inside for 5mins. If the Manager does not attend to you in 2mins with your money that means,your voice ain't loud enough.

Try it,it works perfectly fine and thank me later..!!!

I am very shy...and I have got heart probs......besides I cannot shout.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by bettercreature(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2016
omoteamac:
bro

I have about 35k in a dormant account with Skye bank and it is a savings account.

Do you think that the plastic id card can do the magic?I want to activate the account again. If not for anything but because of my money
You are very funny! Please go there with plastic id card and never bill or survey,they will reactivate it for you
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by InvertedHammer: 4:45pm On Jan 19, 2016
/

If N30k will make you contemplate suicide, then you have bigger problems that you will like to admit.

\
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by onunwa21(m): 4:51pm On Jan 19, 2016
YOU CAN KILL URSELF BUT PLS DON'T COMMIT SUICIDE......
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by frisky2good(m): 4:59pm On Jan 19, 2016
Abi o! Thank you. Maybe the guy hasn't done BVN registration.

Babysho:

Its not even 30k...it's 20k
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by hob(m): 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2016
i dont understand, is there a limit of 30k deposit

im confused
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by mobaladf: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Omo u are free to kill ur self oooo
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Rexology: 5:16pm On Jan 19, 2016
Is that why you are contemplating suicide?... you need to be totally cleansed from that dirty thought.
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by MVLOX(m): 5:23pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

please help out guys....

Bro I am sorry ooo but I have always wanted to post a thread like dis for months now. My case is not different too. In my case what happened is that my ATM was to expire the next month so I went for a new ATM ooo. To my greatest surprise I was told my passport have changed and my phone number too. And dat I nided to go for an update which require all the ID cards u mentioned. Sadly I misplaced my wallet some weeks ago meaning I had only my sch ID which dey did accept afta many shouting and pleading eventually. I almost went to forge a drivers license. But finally I decided to go for the national ID card registration cuz I was told dey accepted the temporary print out. That where my second story started ooo. Mind u I have been denied access to d acct for like 2months by that time. I finally did the registration and went back in a months time to collect my printout only for me to be told dat their was an error and the system erased my data. I was so angry only God knew wat I felt like doing at that moment. I finally went to anoda location for the registration, did it and have gotten an sms to show dat my registration was successful and was asked to come back in 2weeks time for the print out. On thursday this week I will finally collect the print and go reactivate my acct. Beta hunger and alarm don beat me over this period cha as I have borrowed a lot to keep afloat during dis period. So my guy try the national ID cuz for d now dats ur surest bet to unlocking dat acct
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by omoadeleye(m): 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
Am operating savings account and have once deposited 45k plus to my account... So yours is just grossed
Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by bord(m): 5:34pm On Jan 19, 2016
Babysho:

please help out guys....

Hi bro... You case is not so difficult. Used to work with Access bank and I can tell you categorically that the person that opened your account for you opened it out of frustration due to target of account acquisitions and as such he/she opened an instant savings tier 1 account for you; an account which has a restriction of not more than 20k on a single deposit slip and which must not exceed 200k for your cumulative maximum deposit. So your dad paying 30k has violated the 20k limit per deposit. And then these are the solutions in order to avoid stress of going there first:
1. If you can provide your sch ID card or any other valid ID like voter's card, drivers license or international passport(this Wil be needed because you never produced any ID at the point of opening this account). If you can provide this, you will only be asked to write a letter for upgrading of account on the go and you should be able to withdraw within 2-3hours of waiting.

2. If you can also get any body that has a current account with Access bank, that person will only need to verify you in proxy (customer service will give you a proxy form for that person to fill) this person fills this form and then you need to make a copy of that person valid ID. That's all. I hope this helps. Sorry about the inconvenience.

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank Wants Me To Commit Suicide by Onlymewakacum(m): 5:39pm On Jan 19, 2016
Dumb bnk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks / Folarin Alakija Marries Naganin Khosro. Dangote, Aisha Buhari Attend (Pics) / Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.