Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? (8631 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife Do This To You. / What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? / Guys, Would You Let Your Wife Do This To You On Your Wedding Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2009
michelin89:

Part of it should go into the joint account and the rest remains for her own personal account.

Well said, but i will like to be able to borrow some without interest and without time of repayment sha.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by No2Atheism(m): 7:11pm On Jun 26, 2009
@give to me to help her spend it as a stranger.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Eaglebabe: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2009
I know that the person dt asked this question is a lazy man,What is ur own with a woman's salary?Won't u go and look for what to do?.Did u mary her because of her money?.O boy help cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Busta(f): 7:21pm On Jun 26, 2009
What kind of question is this?
Don't she have needs or family?
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by kok(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2009
Take care of the minor expenses since the husband would always take care of the major expenses.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by eabumere: 7:29pm On Jun 26, 2009
personally, look at it from different angles. When a man notice that the woman is stingy with her income, it will definitely reflect in the marriage in that he feels that the woman can do without him (what is she using the money for he will ask). now from the other side, is the man the womanizing type. A woman can smile at anyone touching her stuffs but her husband, she cant co-operate with a man that will go out to give her money with to another miss. WELL guys, poverty and background goes a long way here to oh. A WOMAN FROM A POOR HOME IS ALWAYS STINGY FROM ENCOUNTERS I HAVE HAD.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by kok(m): 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2009
Eaglebabe:

I know that the person dt asked this question is a lazy man,What is ur own with a woman's salary?Won't u go and look for what to do?.Did u mary her because of her money?.O boy help  cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

What has the question got to do with being lazy? speak for yourself, what would you do with your money as wife?
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 26, 2009
@topic----> SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 26, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Well said, but i will like to be able to borrow some without interest and without time of repayment sha.

That is something you must discuss with her. Na her money! grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by kok(m): 12:04am On Jun 27, 2009
ezinne1212:

@topic----> SAVE SAVE SAVE!!!!

And what would u do with it when it gets overloaded? transfer to swift account I guess grin grin grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 27, 2009
kok:

And what would u do with it when it gets overloaded? transfer to swift account I guess grin grin grin

Obviously u don't live on earth. Moderators, there's a Martian on the site------------> Invasion shocked

Silly! cool
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by kok(m): 2:11am On Jun 27, 2009
of course a woman that saves all the money she makes would either be saving with aim of transfering to a swift account or going out of planet earth grin . I cease to talk about rainy days shocked
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by MissAnn1(f): 9:19am On Jun 27, 2009
Haba kok, ar u on diz planet. Dont tell me u know nothing about saving 4 the rainy day. A good wife should assist the man when the need arises, take care of her children,save some cash and above all,live da good life.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by wonderbod(f): 10:07am On Jun 27, 2009
FOR ME,as a future good wife(depending on my husband o),if he's capable of taking care of me without any input from me,then i'll spend my money on what i want and save the rest(i'm a habitual saver). but he can be rest assured that anyday he needs that anytime he needs money unexpectedly,he won't believe the amount of cash i'll come up with
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 11:37am On Jun 27, 2009
I know that the person dt asked this question is a lazy man,What is ur own with a woman's salary?Won't u go and look for what to do?.Did u mary her because of her money?

No, I married her because I needed a selfish PARASITE like you wink grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by edgefix: 12:50pm On Jun 27, 2009
to me she should master the art of pudency because that is the only way she can help herself and the family u c my dear men are too calculative when it comes to money matters ,so my advice is that such woman should do everything within her capacity to be prudent 'cos it's going to be useful to her especially during financial crisis. okey!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by hadji127(m): 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2009
A married women should know that its not always, that the men are bouyant financially.

A God fearing woman should have in mind that everyday is not christmas nor Ileya, i think in my own way that she should have at least mind a not eating with all her hands,

cheers!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by namun(f): 3:32pm On Jun 27, 2009
@chyke
why should the woman give all her earnings to her man? it is not biblical at all or cultural. the woman is not expected to spend on the house AT ALL.
IT IS NOT HER OBLIGATION BUT SHE CAN DO IT VOLUNTARILY OR ON HER FREE WILL
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Tweek: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2009
Chykeo, Italy. You dey craze! A woman I know practiced that stupidity and she bore the brunt of it. Hubby chased girls, squandered on himself and family and forgot about her he even began to talk about quitting his job, that was when her eyes popped open. A woman earning higher than a man affects a man psychologically. My opinion is that they should discuss the expenses in the house, let the woman bring out the money for it. The man should spend his earnings on himself and parents. The woman has parents too. Do you expect that she consults the man everytime she has to take her mom to the hospital? These are expenses a husband would remain grateful his wife handles herself from her pay. What I think is that men shouldn't go for women who earn higher than them because though they say they can handle it only a handful really can. A man is suppose to be a provider that is why women need men in the first place otherwise I really don't know what men are needed for. They are the source of almost all mishaps in the society--marriage included. I am sure Chykeo is urhobo cos that is Urhobo mentality speaking. Jeez!!!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2009
Tweek:

Chykeo, Italy. You dey craze! A woman I know practiced that stupidity and she bore the brunt of it. Hubby chased girls, squandered on himself and family and forgot about her he even began to talk about quitting his job, that was when her eyes popped open. A woman earning higher than a man affects a man psychologically. My opinion is that they should discuss the expenses in the house, let the woman bring out the money for it. The man should spend his earnings on himself and parents. The woman has parents too. Do you expect that she consults the man everytime she has to take her mom to the hospital? These are expenses a husband would remain grateful his wife handles herself from her pay. What I think is that men shouldn't go for women who earn higher than them because though they say they can handle it only a handful really can. A man is suppose to be a provider that is why women need men in the first place otherwise I really don't know what men are needed for. They are the source of almost all mishaps in the society--marriage included. I am sure Chykeo is urhobo cos that is Urhobo mentality speaking. Jeez!!!

How is your mentality different from his? Men are still alfas and omegas in your post and women need them or else they wouldn't be able to provide for themselves.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by chykeo(m): 8:06pm On Jun 28, 2009
Tweek:

@Tweek,

I never wanted to reply you honestly; Proverbs said if one answers a foolish question, he becomes as foolish as the person who asked it but I just wanted you to see your crass ignorance. I SAID IN MY POST THAT THE OPINION WAS MINE AND I DIDNT CALL FOR INSULTS. I POINTED OUT STILL IN THAT POST THAT INSULTS ARE A REFLECTION OF THE CHARACTER OF THE PERSON WHO INSULTS.

Incase you did not understand my post very well my dear, I quoted 1 Timothy 5:8 that it is the duty of a man to take care of his house hold and that the bible said if any man fails in that, that he is worse than an infidel The point here is that a man should be making the money for the family's needs and not be looking up to the woman for money

But the post here asked WHAT SHOULD A GOOD WOMAN DO WITH HER EARNINGS. Go through the thread well and you will observe that I am not the only person of the opinion that the wife should hand over her money to husband.

So Tweek, I no dey craze

And I am not urhobo. I thought you should have been intelligent enough to deduce my origin from my name here
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 28, 2009
chykeo:

@Tweek,

I never wanted to reply you honestly; Proverbs said if one answers a foolish question, he becomes as foolish as the person who asked it but I just wanted you to see your crass ignorance. I SAID IN MY POST THAT THE OPINION WAS MINE AND I DIDNT CALL FOR INSULTS. I POINTED OUT STILL IN THAT POST THAT INSULTS ARE A REFLECTION OF THE CHARACTER OF THE PERSON WHO INSULTS.

Incase you did not understand my post very well my dear, I quoted 1 Timothy 5:8 that it is the duty of a man to take care of his house hold and that the bible said if any man fails in that, that he is worse than an infidel The point here is that a man should be making the money for the family's needs and not be looking up to the woman for money

But the post here asked WHAT SHOULD A GOOD WOMAN DO WITH HER EARNINGS. Go through the thread well and you will observe that I am not the only person of the opinion that the wife should hand over her money to husband.

So Tweek, I no dey craze

And I am not urhobo. I thought you should have been intelligent enough to deduce my origin from my name here

Where does the money end? In a joint account or in his personl account which she has no access to?
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by chykeo(m): 8:19pm On Jun 28, 2009
michelin89:

Where does the money end? In a joint account or in his personl account which she has no access to?

I wish you have been following the thread from begining. Money is an issue that if it is not handled properly, can bring problems at home. I am of the opinion that both couple should have seperate accounts and one joint account. Expenses should be discussed mutual consent obtained before major withdrawals.

I dont think any man will want to leave his wife's account in the red
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 28, 2009
chykeo:

I wish you have been following the thread from begining. Money is an issue that if it is not handled properly, can bring problems at home. I am of the opinion that both couple should have seperate accounts and one joint account. Expenses should be discussed mutual consent obtained before major withdrawals.

What money goes into the woman's account if she gives all to hubby? Abi dey husband go cut put for her hand? Is that what marriage is to you? A man in control of all wealth and distributes it to his wife like she was the same level with her kids? No thanks.

They should manage everything together. When bill comes, each brings a percentage or an equal part of their salaries. After that what remains stays with them. Your idea of marriage is a cheat!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by arogbowei: 11:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
Two options.

(1)Bring it to the table. (2)

Save, save and save.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jun 29, 2009
chykeo:

What money goes into the woman's account if she gives all to hubby? Abi dey husband go cut put for her hand? Is that what marriage is to you? A man in control of all wealth and distributes it to his wife like she was the same level with her kids? No thanks.

They should manage everything together. When bill comes, each brings a percentage or an equal part of their salaries. After that what remains stays with them. Your idea of marriage is a cheat!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:26am On Jun 29, 2009
W/e it is she darn well pleases I guess, its her hard eared money after all, . . . .

arogbowei:

Two options.

(1)Bring it to the table. (2)

Save, save and save.

That too, . . . . . .Credit Crunch anyone?? shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nezan(m): 12:32pm On Jun 29, 2009
I still maintain, she borrow her husband 2 go shack beer+esienwu grin grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 2:14pm On Jun 29, 2009
Nezan:

I still maintain, she borrow her husband 2 go shack beer+esienwu grin grin

I am sure this is just a joke.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by benedictac(f): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2009
If we all understood the biblical meaning of marriage, there wouldnt be any reason for argument.

As for me, my husband is the owner of my head so everything of mine belongs to him. I by the grace of God operate a Christian marriage where my marriage is built on the solid rock.

As soon as i collect my salary or any other money i bring everything home. we both plane with the money and if no immediate expenses the money is put in the family account.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Jun 29, 2009
benedictac:

If we all understood the biblical meaning of marriage, there wouldnt be any reason for argument.

As for me, my husband is the owner of my head so everything of mine belongs to him. I by the grace of God operate a Christian marriage where my marriage is built on the solid rock.

As soon as i collect my salary or any other money i bring everything home. we both plane with the money and if no immediate expenses the money is put in the family account.

Good jare and God will continue to bless your home.
However, always remember that your husband is the head and you are the neck.
tongue
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by benedictac(f): 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2009
A woman is never and will never be the neck, she is a helpmeet for her husband

if only all women will see this way there will be no probs in the home front and believe me when u see and show that your hubby is your head you will have him support u in all ways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Friend Found This On Is Wife Phone / Solved / Pampering Of Kids; Is It True Love For Kids Or Misconception Of Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.