Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,345 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? (8627 Views)

What Will Be Your Reaction If Your Wife Do This To You. / What Should A Wife Do With Her Incomes? / Guys, Would You Let Your Wife Do This To You On Your Wedding Day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Consultant(f): 2:08pm On Jul 08, 2009
In some cases, it is not that easy, so in such cases, what should happen?

If you tell me under what circumstances it is not easy, then I can tell you what I think should happen.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by rs123: 8:39pm On Jul 08, 2009
U should spend some, put some in a family savings account, but put most of it in a child's college account. Every child should have the right to an education.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 3:36am On Jul 09, 2009
a good wife should kneel down and give her earnings to her husband everytime she receives her paycheck.

And then rub his back and thank him for his manly awesomeness.

After that, hop into the kitchen and make his favorite meal.

Finally, take a shower, smell fresh, wear something sexy and arrange herself seductively on the bed.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by benedictac(f): 9:20am On Jul 09, 2009
shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
tpia.:

a good wife should kneel down and give her earnings to her husband everytime she receives her paycheck.

Finally, take a shower, smell fresh, wear something sexy and arrange herself seductively on the bed.

No spoil us oh
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Consultant(f): 4:25pm On Jul 09, 2009
Fhemmy, I see you didn't answer my question. Since you were really passionate about this issue in your earlier posts about a woman contrubuting her fair share. Tell me now, what would stop a husband and wife from having one purse?
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2009
Consultant:

Fhemmy, I see you didn't answer my question. Since you were really passionate about this issue in your earlier posts about a woman contrubuting her fair share. Tell me now, what would stop a husband and wife from having one purse?

Personally, the reason why i might not have "just one purse" with my woman is the tax man.
Have to look for a way to make sure that we can file taxes seperately, cos only me is paying too much money on taxes and combined, i am sure will be worse.
So have to be a bad man when that time comes.
Also, i once raised a topic about should the man and woman keep joint account and i said then, there is no problem in both keeping a joint account as long as the man can be able to stash some money away for the days that it will come so handy.
So that is how i blv, and what i hope to do.
Please note that the money stashed away will never be used for nothing but for my wife and kids, cos i dont blv in giving money to some that will not add to me.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 09, 2009
tpia.:

correct chick grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 7:06pm On Jul 09, 2009
oyb:

correct chick grin

i am sure all men will like that
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Consultant(f): 7:44pm On Jul 09, 2009
Personally, the reason why i might not have "just one purse" with my woman is the tax man.
Have to look for a way to make sure that we can file taxes seperately, cos only me is paying too much money on taxes and combined, i am sure will be worse.
So have to be a bad man when that time comes.
Also, i once raised a topic about should the man and woman keep joint account and i said then, there is no problem in both keeping a joint account as long as the man can be able to stash some money away for the days that it will come so handy.
So that is how i blv, and what i hope to do.
Please note that the money stashed away will never be used for nothing but for my wife and kids, cos i dont blv in giving money to some that will not add to me.

FYI, it's better to file taxes as a married couple than for both of you to file as individuals. I would say more but I don't want to derail the topic, but thanks for sharing your opinion.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by SUKKIE(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
tpia.:

Bang-on!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by agathamari(f): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2009
the husband and wife should combine ALL earning from them both, then the bills should be paid out of the combination. Both parties should have equal rights to whatever money is left over after expenses regardless of who made more
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2009
agathamari:

the husband and wife should combine ALL earning from them both, then the bills should be paid out of the combination. Both parties should have equal rights to whatever money is left over after expenses regardless of who made more

This woman is smart. You don buy market. grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Consultant(f): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2009
the husband and wife should combine ALL earning from them both, then the bills should be paid out of the combination.  Both parties should have equal rights to whatever money is left over after expenses regardless of who made more

That's similar to what we do in my house. First, both incomes come together, then we discuss the budget, then everyone takes what they need, and whatever is left over stays in the joint account.

I am a strong proponent of marriage with 100% openness and oneness.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Nwaka77: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2009
Consultant:

That's similar to what we do in my house. First, both incomes come together, then we discuss the budget, then everyone takes what they need, and whatever is left over stays in the joint account.

I agree.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Uzzyan: 1:34am On Jul 12, 2009
Simply put as a woman i would not let my kobo or cent out unless my hubby is worth it!!
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by bluespice(f): 1:56am On Jul 12, 2009
Consultant:

seconded
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Eaglebabe: 1:45pm On Jul 13, 2009
Don't tell me u are a lazy man.What is ur own with ur wife's income?When u feel u are up to the age of marriage,note it is also age of responsibility.So u have no deal with ur wife's income.
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2009
@ Eaglebabe

Simple question: "What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings?" And you're busy rambling like a locomotive with a failed brake. Pity grin
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Jul 13, 2009
Consultant:

FYI, it's better to file taxes as a married couple than for both of you to file as individuals. I would say more but I don't want to derail the topic, but thanks for sharing your opinion.

uw
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by gen2genius(m): 11:27pm On Jul 17, 2009
Why not let her say more, Fhemmy? There might be something to learn lol wink cheesy
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by mamagee3(f): 7:24pm On Mar 06, 2010
She should use the money to take care of herself and pay the little bills. . .
Or she can use it to buy her Children clothes, shoes instead of depending
on her husband for every single thing
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by MITNEXUS: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2010
Many times married women ( wives) are so engrossed with raising a family, managing their home, building their careers and other issues that they fail to spend time in personal financial planning until later in their lives (late 30s or 40s). Some leave the crucial activity of financial planning to their spouse and run into trouble when there is a breakdown in the relationship. Others are caught in a web of debts and unsustainable spending habits of their spouse.

Every Good wife should for the sake of her personal financial security and her children should become more financially smart and money management savvy? How should strive towards achieving financial freedom, debt free so that her retirement free of money problems

Below are five useful tips on money management for married women.

http://personalbudgeting.suite101.com/article.cfm/women_and_money
Re: What Should A Good Wife Do With Her Earnings? by DaDewdropsNVS: 1:43am On Feb 01, 2013
ALWAYS SAVE HALF!!!!! cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Solved / A Friend Found This On Is Wife Phone / Pampering Of Kids; Is It True Love For Kids Or Misconception Of Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.