Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! (32455 Views)

Nigerians You Are Being Deceived. True Status Of Buhari's Health. / Nigerians: We Don't Live In Paradise And We Know It / We Bring To You Live Pictures Of What Is Happening In Onitsha. Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Realsufi: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Op u don't live in Nigeria, so u are not in best position to talk. From what I understand, all work in Europe the salary most b able to cover the workers expenses but the reverse is the case here. Hardly for our salary to give us good meal, transportation is out, and other bills.
U are also giving the equivalent charge in naira of what you are being charged. So thank to confuse us as if you paid much there. That is a cheap trick.
D problem of Nigeria as always be the leaders, if we get a good leader that put things in order. I believe Nigerian will do the right things. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by sucess001(m): 10:50am On Jan 20, 2016
jameseva:

Oga this is a lie!

lol...Nairaland....next time...travel out before you say someone is lying....anyone who has been to these places i mentioned will know its true...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by idupaul: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Junior66:
This poster and some of his supposrters are as dumb as you can get. A little knowledge of economics would have convinced the OP not to make this post. The comparisms do not make any meaning at all. Some even claim that Nigerians do not pay taxes, someone should help me ask them where the allocation shared by the FG comes from. Is the allocation from Buhari's investments in his cattles? We all pay taxes one way or the other. If there is any Nigerian who does not pay taxes, then that person hasnt purchased anything since he was born. And then, why compare countries with higher minimum wages with a country like Nigeria where the current minimum wage is probably less than 14,OOO relative to the current exchange rate? What has the government done with the taxes we pay?
Pls, we Nigerians are wise people o. Dnt jsut sit in ur comfort and come online to insult our collective sensibilities. The same reason we dnt pay 23K for electricity here is the same reason a quikie is as cheap as N5OO instead of the 12k u claim to pay abroad.

Alot of Nigerians still don't know that every single item in Nigeria has a VAT tax of 5 percent on it...that narrative that Nigerians don't pay taxes is nothing but a hoax pushed by thieving govt officials in a bid not account for taxes

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by bobkezel(m): 10:55am On Jan 20, 2016
op all these your points are brillantly and usefully useless. I earn a minimum wage of 18k and you expect me to pay a house rent of 1M annually, internet 12k/month and other useless things u mentioned there. I think you are high on bayelsa weed. FYI N50 can cause a fight in nigeria. You spent precious time constructing this useless article thinking we will clap for you once it is posted here. Nigerians are wiser, over wise de worry us. Abeg comot for here before i call ipod boys for u. Ina awa anya. Nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by bet9ja(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2016
jayfolarin:
I'v wanted to write this article for over 2 months but its discouraging thinking about the number of points i need to raise to support my claims! NIGERIANS WANT THE BEST THINGS BUT NEVER WANT TO PAY FOR IT!! HOW ON EARTH DO YOU WANT YOUR COUNTRY TO DEVELOP?!

Quick question; Imagine government fixes Nigeria's issues of electricity and internet with other basic amenities today, Who here would be willing to pay an annual rent of N1million for a single room (Not one bedroom flat oo) in a city like Ado-Ekiti and N3million for the most average single room (shared toilet and bathroom with at least one other person e.g face me, I face you houses) in a city like Lagos?! Note: This is just basic rent and is therefore without utility bills such as Electricity, Heating, Water, Garbage, Internet etc that averages about another N900,000 yearly.

I couldn't stop shaking my head at the gullibility of some Nigerians as i read the various comments on the N50 bank charges thread. That is what? 2cents charge on banking transactions that does not even include savings account that most of the commenters use oo! Even South Africa reportedly demands that you pay an equivalent of N500 for deposits into your own account (Savings or Current)! Where I live, you are demanded to pay an equivalent N4,200 in charges for deposit into another's account if you aren't a customer of the bank!

Nigeria has the lowest VAT tax in the world and i'm sure y'all will take to the streets in protests if this is ever increased! I pay N1,500 in charges for every ATM interbank withdrawal of an equivalent of N10,000 and you all couldn't stop screaming at the N65 naira (after 3rd transaction) that was introduced by the CBN last year! Haba Nigerians!! You want to live 'comfortably' like Americans and Europeans but aren't ready to pay the price! Who does that sh*t! One of the major reasons why you don't enjoy goodies is because because you haven't had to pay enough taxes. It is partly a reason why the government doesn't feel very responsible to the people as well. Oil is not anyone's property anyways.

I really can't remember the last time i visited an hospital but i'm mandated to pay an equivalent of N23,000 monthly for health insurance! Would you be willing to pay such amount for the sake of development in the health care sector in Nigeria?! I don't think so but you would be the first to take pictures for nairaland about the pitiable state of one hospital in your city!

You want the best Infrastructures in the world but have never paid taxes from your businesses! Some people would rather close up shop than pay the most basic tax to the government! How on earth do you expect any development if you aren't ready to help government with funds? Nigeria is not the only country with oil, we don't even have as much as Russia but expect to get everything for free because there's oil in the land! What would y'all have done if you didn't have anything but rocks and granite? you would expect the government officials to use their personal incomes to develop the country first and then see if you like it or not before you decide to pay?! I no pity your destiny!

Nowhere in the world is mobile internet data cheap, Nigerians automatically feel they are being ripped off by mobile operators who use the same infrastructure that's being deployed everywhere else! For a 2gb mobile internet data allowance from T-mobile, I pay N5,000 monthly, This is not even close to what Nigerians get from the mobile operators but they scream to the heavens still. Agreed, cable/ADSL, wired internet is cheaper but you cant blame this on the telecom industries, Government should make provisions for that! But again, how many persons would not scream 'Rip off' if you all are asked to pay a mandatory internet fee ranging in thousands of Naira every month

From food to clothings, transportation, even prostitutes (Girls in brothels here charge at least 12k for a quickie, Don't ask me how i know grin), Nigerians live on the cheap and want to keep up with the expensive! No! It doesn't work that way! You have to pay for developments that leads to a robust economy which in turn leads to higher standard of living (Job creation, Increment in Minimum wage, Good roads, healthcare facilities etc)..

I concur with your opinion, But you fail to realize that Nigeria Government is always a case study whenever the world need to make a bad reference. That shows they are not doing things rightly, I'm also living in a country where i pay N2,000 on bank monthly charges excluding deposit/withdraw charges per transaction, However the charges varies from bank to bank. I blame the problem on the leadership/Government because bad leadership and good follower are oxymorons.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Okies27(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2016
jayfolarin:
I'v wanted to write this article for over 2 months but its discouraging thinking about the number of points i need to raise to support my claims! NIGERIANS WANT THE BEST THINGS BUT NEVER WANT TO PAY FOR IT!! HOW ON EARTH DO YOU WANT YOUR COUNTRY TO DEVELOP?!

Quick question; Imagine government fixes Nigeria's issues of electricity and internet with other basic amenities today, Who here would be willing to pay an annual rent of N1million for a single room (Not one bedroom flat oo) in a city like Ado-Ekiti and N3million for the most average single room (shared toilet and bathroom with at least one other person e.g face me, I face you houses) in a city like Lagos?! Note: This is just basic rent and is therefore without utility bills such as Electricity, Heating, Water, Garbage, Internet etc that averages about another N900,000 yearly.

I couldn't stop shaking my head at the gullibility of some Nigerians as i read the various comments on the N50 bank charges thread. That is what? 2cents charge on banking transactions that does not even include savings account that most of the commenters use oo! Even South Africa reportedly demands that you pay an equivalent of N500 for deposits into your own account (Savings or Current)! Where I live, you are demanded to pay an equivalent N4,200 in charges for deposit into another's account if you aren't a customer of the bank!

Nigeria has the lowest VAT tax in the world and i'm sure y'all will take to the streets in protests if this is ever increased! I pay N1,500 in charges for every ATM interbank withdrawal of an equivalent of N10,000 and you all couldn't stop screaming at the N65 naira (after 3rd transaction) that was introduced by the CBN last year! Haba Nigerians!! You want to live 'comfortably' like Americans and Europeans but aren't ready to pay the price! Who does that sh*t! One of the major reasons why you don't enjoy goodies is because because you haven't had to pay enough taxes. It is partly a reason why the government doesn't feel very responsible to the people as well. Oil is not anyone's property anyways.

I really can't remember the last time i visited an hospital but i'm mandated to pay an equivalent of N23,000 monthly for health insurance! Would you be willing to pay such amount for the sake of development in the health care sector in Nigeria?! I don't think so but you would be the first to take pictures for nairaland about the pitiable state of one hospital in your city!

You want the best Infrastructures in the world but have never paid taxes from your businesses! Some people would rather close up shop than pay the most basic tax to the government! How on earth do you expect any development if you aren't ready to help government with funds? Nigeria is not the only country with oil, we don't even have as much as Russia but expect to get everything for free because there's oil in the land! What would y'all have done if you didn't have anything but rocks and granite? you would expect the government officials to use their personal incomes to develop the country first and then see if you like it or not before you decide to pay?! I no pity your destiny!

Nowhere in the world is mobile internet data cheap, Nigerians automatically feel they are being ripped off by mobile operators who use the same infrastructure that's being deployed everywhere else! For a 2gb mobile internet data allowance from T-mobile, I pay N5,000 monthly, This is not even close to what Nigerians get from the mobile operators but they scream to the heavens still. Agreed, cable/ADSL, wired internet is cheaper but you cant blame this on the telecom industries, Government should make provisions for that! But again, how many persons would not scream 'Rip off' if you all are asked to pay a mandatory internet fee ranging in thousands of Naira every month

From food to clothings, transportation, even prostitutes (Girls in brothels here charge at least 12k for a quickie, Don't ask me how i know grin), Nigerians live on the cheap and want to keep up with the expensive! No! It doesn't work that way! You have to pay for developments that leads to a robust economy which in turn leads to higher standard of living (Job creation, Increment in Minimum wage, Good roads, healthcare facilities etc)..

. Have through all comments, you all made sense, even the one that said the OP needs sense... Well, op I will advice you come home and see if we pay taxes or not n also check if the taxes paid are commensurate with infrastructure on ground.... In 'Odega's voice' you dunno nothing, lemme tell you something gerrarahere mehn shit..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nihilist: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2016
sucess001:

so prove me wrong...

i said 'basically free' cos it costs next to nothing and in public places, u browse for FREE.

I wasn't told. i browsed for free in these places! There is Dubai free WIFi service...there is South Africa free Wifi service...in public spaces...

The fact that you were able to use the internet for free in public spaces like shopping malls does not make it 'free'. The shopping mall still has to pay for it. The internet service provided was not a public service - It's just an addon to entice people into doing more business at the mall.

If you came to my house and used my internet for free and with my permission, does that mean that the internet in my house is free?

Internet does not cost next to nothing bro. I currently pay around 40 pounds monthly for a mid tier broadband service.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 20, 2016
The OP has a point, the cost of services abroad are very expensive. Best thing is just to use the money meant for taxation, which we hardly pay, to provide the services you need.
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Rose2014: 11:00am On Jan 20, 2016
So just to defend N50 bank charge by the govt, Nigeria all of a sudden has become paradise? And the op ran away from the paradise and writing us from another man's hellfire
I hate when people just insult my sensibility

Cc: Dearpreye

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by refreshrate: 11:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Juxtified:
You have a lot to learn about what's going on around you
First, you don't call people ignoramus because you're trying to make a point, expecially when you may turn out to be the ignoramus at the end of the day.
Second, from your post I'm assuming you don't live in Nigeria, I wonder why that is, if we seem to be having it so rosy here, why don't you relocate to Nigeria to enjoy with us?
Third, Nigerians are smart people. They know what their money is being used for. When they suddenly start seeing charges that were not there before in their previous transactions, without an equivalent improvement in quality of services being provided, they raise eyebrows, like intelligent people often do.

God bless this guy well well abeg !

Bless him 7 times everyday & 14 times on sundays please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2016
Rose2014:
So just to defend N50 bank charge by the govt, Nigeria all of a sudden has become paradise? And the op has ran away from the paradise and writing us from another man's hellfire
I hate when people just insult my sensibility

Cc: Dearpreye

Don't mind the OP. He's already got enough attacks for his senseless and emotional article. What an insulting article!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by oc2fish: 11:12am On Jan 20, 2016
Pidggin:
OP, you do not have sense(no offense). Assuming there are 5 million bank transactions in a month this means the FG will earn 250,000,000 in revenue from the masses each month.

Have you seen the proposed budget? Billions of Naira allocated for the purchase of cars, feeding, Kitchen utensils, websites, Travel, recreation allowances and many other frivolities for the president and his crew. If govt needs funds this much, they can borrow from the masses by issuing treasury bills. This way they gain and the masses gain too.

Where was it stated that it does not include savings account? All funds(from N1000 and above made by a third party) into any account will be taxed, go back and read the policy well before arguing

Your ignorance is epic, who told you businesses do not pay tax? If you operate a business in some states here you will understand that you cannot evade tax payment easily. In fact, in some states businesses are collapsing from multiple taxation

In some countries abroad data is the cheapest thing you can get. Ask people living in US or UK, some of them watch YouTube videos continously because they pay a paltry amount for it.

Stop accusing us of complaining for nothing because you will do same if you lived here.

Besides, during the recent visit of the IMF boss she said Nigeria was not broke. If this is true then why is FG now trying to take from the masses?

Well my house internet is 12k per month. I can watch Chelsea using the data. I can also have selected EPl matches. I can listen to music watch movie with same data.let them give me this in Nigeria, i will not subscribe for DSTV every one in the house can surf the net. Please NLd is this cheap

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by mojid22000: 11:14am On Jan 20, 2016
Op never talked about standard if living, value of our currency, corruption in the government, selfishness and insincerity of pple in power.
And lemme ask u, how much does a cleaner earn in Europe and USA and how much do a cleaner earn in nigeria.
And again come back home and do the same job u are doing over there and see how much u ll earn. lets see whether u will complain or not.
My brother there are too many factors to consider but we ll get there someday very slow and steady unless we have very SMART and SINCERE people in government. Ironically we have SMART INSINCERE people in power.
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by madenigga(m): 11:15am On Jan 20, 2016
DaBullIT:
shocked Chiiiisos

Can you contribute or give what you don't have?

Average of average of the average nigerian's
Salary is 60k/Mn = 720k PA

Family of 5-2 students average feeding =20k/Mn= 240k

Average house rent per year = 180k

Own a car? Yes

Average service per month 6k =72k PA

Children in Federal polytechnic average of 60k + 10k every month =60+120 ≠180k

Private secondary school average of 60k

Utility :

Water = he no dey

Light = average of 7k per month = 144k

Upkeep : clothes, tyre, emergencies, textbooks, subscriptions, transport and fuel, etc average of 300k PA

300k+ 144k+60k+180k+240k+72k+180k

Total = 1.17m deduct 720k

=

gbèsè

lol... 60k even too much self u 20k is Nigerian minimum wage, yet some govt and some organisations still pay workers 10k, we ve not started suffering not to talk of d fact that fg wants to start tolling roads... funny country.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Felimax(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2016
@ Op, With much respect to ur post i honestly think u ve written out of passion but i must tell u d truth u are d one that is really ignorant here so sry to say. Now i know a country with hard working ppl and zeal for good living. Nigerians are happy n proud ppl. I ve bn to virtually every regions of this country and i cannot quantify d kind of zeal i see in Nigerians.
The truth is u must know dat for u to effect a change u must be dat object of change first. We as Nigerians are ready to do anything dat will bring to a better country if and only if it starts from d top. Our leaders must first lead by example and trust me Nigerians will follow. We know how our hard earned money is being lavished, we see how our right is being abused everyday. Op let me tell u over there wherever u are i will challenge u to prove me wrong dat things are properly organize there so u see wat u are paying for.
Mine is our govt must be ready to lead on these for us to follow. Lastly, we ask questions u cant push us anyhow. Thanks.
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Sam32(m): 11:17am On Jan 20, 2016
Sam32:
The government themselves feed on the country, imagine approx 2.7trillion naira spent on salaries( a huge percentage in government offices)in the 2016 budget of 6.6 trillion. theres no sign of responsibility from anybody
plus how much value is being added into the countryfor such bogus amount. Nigerians have to start thinking in terms of "value added"
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by sucess001(m): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2016
Nihilist:

The fact that you were able to use the internet for free in public spaces like shopping malls does not make it 'free'. The shopping mall still has to pay for it. The internet service provided was not a public service - It's just an addon to entice people into doing more business at the mall.

If you came to my house and used my internet for free and with my permission, does that mean that the internet in my house is free?

Internet does not cost next to nothing bro. I currently pay around 40 pounds monthly for a mid tier broadband service.

Oga...this aint the case. in a lot of these places i mentioned...the malls are not being charged. its part of the public services rendered by telecoms companies. it is called Wifi UAE in Dubai...the two telecoms operators in Dubai...etisalat and Du have been mandated to provide it. Du has over 200 free wifi sots in the city. Etisalat too...please take time to read the links below if you doubt me. That the same is not in UK doesn't mean what i said is not accurate.

http://7days.ae/free-wifi-internet-access-rolled-out-in-parts-of-dubai

http://www.dubai-online.com/essential/internet/

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/government/more-than-200-spots-in-dubai-offer-access-to-free-wifi-1.1508134

it is the same internet policy in South Africa under the Project Isizwe project.

Please educate yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Betti001(f): 11:20am On Jan 20, 2016
@Op, why don't you compare the minimum hourly wages or monthly wages that people in your country of residence earn versus what Nigerians earn?

Stop this mentality of because I dey abroad every person back home is 'stupid'.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by sucess001(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2016
Nihilist:

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 20, 2016
oc2fish:
[color=#990000][/color]

Well my house internet is 12k per month. I can watch Chelsea using the data. I can also have selected EPl matches. I can listen to music watch movie with same data.let them give me this in Nigeria, i will not subscribe for DSTV every one in the house can surf the net. Please NLd is this cheap
Over here, premium satellite/cable tv subscription is not less than $100/month, including cost of cable boxes (decoders).
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 20, 2016
jayfolarin:

So you want the government to use their personal incomes to develop the country first after which you will decide to contribute your quota to the economy if you like the results or not?!! i guess you should also ask them to help you put breakfast, lunch and dinner on your table!! The development in the west is as a result of the taxes generated from its citizens, not the other way round!

You can't eat your cake and have it!

The billions that was appropriated for mundane allowances for the various arms of government in this year's budget, is it the personal income of the government officials? No one is against paying taxes if it would really be used for development of the country, would you sincerely look at the country's budget this year and be encouraged to pay taxes?? I struggle to build a business from the scratch and then a government who never provided nothing, no security, power, or anything whatsoever jumps in to collect huge taxes so some tout that only made it to some office because of a flawed system can budget for a new house and SUV. Why don't you relocate to Nigeria and enjoy the paradise, albeit you didn't even mention the country you claim to pay all these taxes in, please go to bed. If care is not taken you may be one of rice eaters.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by freenature: 11:40am On Jan 20, 2016
jayfolarin:

From food to clothings, transportation, even prostitutes (Girls in brothels here charge at least 12k for a quickie, Don't ask me how i know grin), Nigerians live on the cheap and want to keep up with the expensive! No! It doesn't work that way! You have to pay for developments that leads to a robust economy which in turn leads to higher standard of living (Job creation, Increment in Minimum wage, Good roads, health care facilities etc)..

I simply understand you bro, here in Cyprus i pay electronic tax for using my mobile lines, everything i buy even to toothpicks, there's a VAT on it. So from all this taxes they fix roads, and here there are no big rivers but yet there's 24/7 electricity. All this things are paid for from the taxes. But nevertheless Nigerians need to be ready for change in other to reap the good of change. The problem is that mot Nigerians want to eat their cakes and have it, yes we know we have corrupt leaders and even the ones there now are just hybrids. The reasoning point here is that most Nigerians want the country to be great because they want us to be up there with the big leagues like USA, UK, Germany, Norway but yet don't want to pay the price. This is the price we have to pay and we must be ready for it. even though i am away from home this method the country adopted is a similar one to the one used here and trust me its gonna pay off and we'll see good effects of it. [size=20pt]There's no gain without PAIN at FIRST[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by joey150(m): 11:45am On Jan 20, 2016
Give the judiciary maximum and undiluted rights to deal with offenders, purge the judiciary of corruption completely.

Give power of about 18hrs minimum in most parts of the big cities for a start.
And watch this country record massive positive changes.

Try nd see.. Do the big and let the small fall under that

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nihilist: 11:48am On Jan 20, 2016
sucess001:

Oga...this aint the case. in a lot of these places i mentioned...the malls are not being charged. its part of the public services rendered by telecoms companies. it is called Wifi UAE in Dubai...the two telecoms operators in Dubai...etisalat and Du have been mandated to provide it. Du has over 200 free wifi sots in the city. Etisalat too...please take time to read the links below if you doubt me. That the same is not in UK doesn't mean what i said is not accurate.

http://7days.ae/free-wifi-internet-access-rolled-out-in-parts-of-dubai

http://www.dubai-online.com/essential/internet/

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/government/more-than-200-spots-in-dubai-offer-access-to-free-wifi-1.1508134

it is the same internet policy in South Africa under the Project Isizwe project.

Please educate yourself.

My friend, it is you who needs to educate yourself.

Like I said to your earlier, Internet in most countries is not Free...or Cheap either.

I also told you that the so called 'free internet' is only a way to entice people to do business. See below for an extract from the link YOU provided...

Du is offering WiFi in three options — free unlimited and fast access to all the government websites and apps, free WiFi at low bandwidth and the premium speed at a nominal price.

1. The so called 'Free' access is at low bandwidth
2. To use Internet at a decent speed, you have to pay.

And this is in a public space too. Will people go and squat in a shopping mall to use 'Free' low bandwidth internet? Do you not understand that the so called 'Free' internet is only designed to entice people into paying for faster internet in that public space?

So if a restaurant opens today and provides a taster sample, your conclusion is that food is free at that restaurant?

In that case, the lights in public spaces count towards free electricity, and the air-conditioner in the shops count as free breeze... grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by blueAgent(m): 11:49am On Jan 20, 2016
silly post. wat happened to the billions of dollars oil money .wat have they done with it
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by sinistermind(m): 11:55am On Jan 20, 2016
@OP, nice piece. We enjoy d cheapest of everything in Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the only countries in the world subsidising tertiary education, you can ask people in Europe n America how much they pay in their various Uni. But the moment Nigerians hear of increment of fees, they shout. Well, for the first time, i'm not against the FG on the 50naira charge. Some of us go come here dey claim millionaire but if bank commot their 10naira, they will go and bring down d roof.
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 20, 2016
@jayfolarin is there a way you can explain the feasibility of your write up in light of #18,000 minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by horlus(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2016
jayfolarin:

N1,000 in form of medicare is an absolutely brilliant idea!! but Imagine the government announces this tomorrow,, the streets will be on lockdown from protests! I just don't understand the unpatriotic attitude of Nigerians to their country! I don't get it!!

I disagree with you on this bro. You are saying this because you live in a country where u see the results from the government after putting your monies to use. If our government provides infrastructures commensurate to the taxes we pay and not diverting our monies to their personal pockets Nigerians would be glad to oblige.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by obiajulusam(m): 11:59am On Jan 20, 2016
I was actually enjoying u'r post, until u said " u buy 2gb for 5,000k" dats totally Bullshit...
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
sinistermind:
@OP, nice piece. We enjoy d cheapest of everything in Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the only countries in the world subsidising tertiary education, you can ask people in Europe n America how much they pay in their various Uni. But the moment Nigerians hear of increment of fees, they shout. Well, for the first time, i'm not against the FG on the 50naira charge. Some of us go come here dey claim millionaire but if bank commot their 10naira, they will go and bring down d roof.
You are correct. Tuition in Nigerian public universities is around $283 (N300:$1) per session. To people living in the US or the UK, the tuition is ridiculously cheap.
However, it's not so cheap when you factor in the median family income in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians: You Live In A Paradise And Dont Even Know It! by MathsChic(f): 12:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Nihilist:

Of course. Nothing comes free anyways. But what he's saying is quite right; it's basically "free" for the end-consumer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos Of The Present State Of Enugu-Onitsha Expressway / DSS Arrests End SARS Protester, Emmanuel Adebayo In Osun / Abdulsalami Abubakar Visits President Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.