Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,376 members, 7,853,673 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:22 PM

Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot (8360 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / Governor Ayade's Wife, Linda Drives Him To Construction Site. Photos / Olisa Metuh Beats Up British School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by csamii: 3:39pm On Jan 20, 2016
Law of nature! You can't run away from your sins.

4 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Hardaybizi(m): 3:51pm On Jan 20, 2016
Law of KARMA

4 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by missKiffy(f): 4:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
Include the flashback photo nah or no photo evidence embarassed
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by ibagbea: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
Karma is a bitch

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Farnsworth: 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2016
very fishy news?
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Living4christ(m): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2016
una just believe rubbish who call metuh wen dem cease in pikin phone, and how I'm go enter come hold d teacher for troat na war film I'm dey act
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by playtheblues(f): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2016
Propagandists at work.

You had to wait for 5 years to tell your story right?

Lying liars.

shafanik:

Metuh, a lawyer turned politician, allegedly held
Pele by the throat and reportedly ordered an
aide to put him in his car boot, saying “No police
IG or SSS can secure your release.”
The incident, which occurred on February 19,
2011, caused panic among the teachers and
over 50 pupils that witnessed the incident.
The affected teachers had filed a lawsuit
seeking N250m for general damages, N10m for
punitive damages and N350, 000 for medical
bills. The writ was issued by Joseph Dauda
(SAN), the Nigeria Bar Association President.
Pele told PUNCH METRO on Wednesday that he
went to the hostels around 6.30pm to check if
the parents had dispersed, when a teacher, Ms.
Amuche Igbe, informed him that she saw
Metuh’s son, Derrick, a former pupil of the
school, giving his GSM phone to pupils to use in
violation of the school rules.
The BNA VP explained that Amuche seized the
phone, handed it to him and he dropped it in his
office. But he said a few minutes after, three
jeeps drove into the school premises at top
speed and Metuh alighted from the lead car.
“The jeeps drove round and round and this
attracted pupils and staff. Metuh alighted and
said, ‘who is Pele here’ and I said I am. He said,
‘where is my son’s phone. Before I could speak,
he held my throat and pushed me to the ground.
He said his boys should put me and another
teacher, Babatunde Adedayo, in the car boot and
that no police IG or SSS can release us,” Pele
said.
According to him, a teacher, Hamzat Muftau,
who was pleading with the PDP leader to calm
down, was knocked to the ground by one of
Metu’s aides.
He alleged that Metuh’s aides forcibly held
Mufutau’s hands and took away his office keys
and phone in an attempt to get him to release
Derrick‘s phone. Incidentally, Derrick is no longer
a pupil of the school as he was withdrawn in
December 2010 while in Senior Secondary 2.
Pele stated that the teachers, who were
apprehensive that he might be killed, advised
him to release the phone.
Pele said that the PDP leader had no right to
visit the school as his son was no longer a pupil,
adding that Metuh’s police aides did not
intervene when he was being molested.
He added that although the incident was
reported at Garki Police Station, the
Investigating Police Officer identified simply as
Felicia said ‘Metuh could not be arrested
because he is a big man, but could only be
invited.’

Source: www.theparadigmng.com/2016/01/15/flashback-olisa-metuh-beats-up-british-school-principal-drives-him-off-in-car-boot/

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by shafanik: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Farnsworth:
very fishy news?
You must be new in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Tampinu(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2016
shafanik:

Metuh, a lawyer turned politician, allegedly held
Pele by the throat and reportedly ordered an
aide to put him in his car boot, saying “No police
IG or SSS can secure your release.”
The incident, which occurred on February 19,
2011, caused panic among the teachers and
over 50 pupils that witnessed the incident.
The affected teachers had filed a lawsuit
seeking N250m for general damages, N10m for
punitive damages and N350, 000 for medical
bills. The writ was issued by Joseph Dauda
(SAN), the Nigeria Bar Association President.
Pele told PUNCH METRO on Wednesday that he
went to the hostels around 6.30pm to check if
the parents had dispersed, when a teacher, Ms.
Amuche Igbe, informed him that she saw
Metuh’s son, Derrick, a former pupil of the
school, giving his GSM phone to pupils to use in
violation of the school rules.
The BNA VP explained that Amuche seized the
phone, handed it to him and he dropped it in his
office. But he said a few minutes after, three
jeeps drove into the school premises at top
speed and Metuh alighted from the lead car.
“The jeeps drove round and round and this
attracted pupils and staff. Metuh alighted and
said, ‘who is Pele here’ and I said I am. He said,
‘where is my son’s phone. Before I could speak,
he held my throat and pushed me to the ground.
He said his boys should put me and another
teacher, Babatunde Adedayo, in the car boot and
that no police IG or SSS can release us,” Pele
said.
According to him, a teacher, Hamzat Muftau,
who was pleading with the PDP leader to calm
down, was knocked to the ground by one of
Metu’s aides.
He alleged that Metuh’s aides forcibly held
Mufutau’s hands and took away his office keys
and phone in an attempt to get him to release
Derrick‘s phone. Incidentally, Derrick is no longer
a pupil of the school as he was withdrawn in
December 2010 while in Senior Secondary 2.
Pele stated that the teachers, who were
apprehensive that he might be killed, advised
him to release the phone.
Pele said that the PDP leader had no right to
visit the school as his son was no longer a pupil,
adding that Metuh’s police aides did not
intervene when he was being molested.
He added that although the incident was
reported at Garki Police Station, the
Investigating Police Officer identified simply as
Felicia said ‘Metuh could not be arrested
because he is a big man, but could only be
invited.’

Source: www.theparadigmng.com/2016/01/15/flashback-olisa-metuh-beats-up-british-school-principal-drives-him-off-in-car-boot/

When, oh when? I say when will Africans in general and Nigerians in particular learn to understand that no condition is permanent and most importantly, ALL MEN ARE BORN EQUAL IN RIGHTS AND DIGNITY? When?
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by akinsbaba2015: 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2016
playtheblues:
Propagandists at work.

Lying liars.

. While you are doubting the story hear this "you don't see the seed inside the soil but at harvest you certainly can't cover the fruits as it's obvious to all bystanders" That story is very true, moreover Google is your dependable tool but I doubt if you'll search it out so as to remain blinded to the "entire story". If Nebuchadnezzar who thought he was the ultimate ruler of the world could be humbled by God to the point of eating grass then who is Olisa Metuh. I hope we all learn a few lessons from the travails of the alleged looters. Nothing truly lasts forever.

11 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by DonLo: 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2016
I remembered the story back then. karma

6 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by irondome: 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
playtheblues:
Propagandists at work.

Lying liars.

Lols, I guess you are a political neophyte. This same story made the round 5 years ago. Ironically, it was from the story, I got to know the name -- Olisa Metuh.

7 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by shafanik: 5:35pm On Jan 20, 2016
Living4christ:
una just believe rubbish who call metuh wen dem cease in pikin phone, and how I'm go enter come hold d teacher for troat na war film I'm dey act

@Living4christ

Receive common sence...
Sorry, Receive Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by rusher14: 5:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
nnanyereugo:
Hmmm
Wetn b dis boy name sef...lacasera abi na lamgbasa pls com ooo

You mean lalasticlala?
grin

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by rusher14: 5:41pm On Jan 20, 2016
Kai that teacher na MFM member?

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by shafanik: 5:47pm On Jan 20, 2016
I wonder why this hasn't reached FP?
Nigerians need to remember!
We need to remember the kind of lives these criminals have lived before now!!
cc: Lalasticlala Please FP

3 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 20, 2016
shafanik:
I wonder why this hasn't reached FP?

Nigerians need to remember!

We need to remember the kind of lives these criminals have lived before now!!

cc: Lalasticlala Please FP
Lalasticlala FP!
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
lalasticlala are you on leave?

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by docadams: 6:16pm On Jan 20, 2016
Hmmmmmmm

God bless this beautiful thing called internet.
In never forgets even in every miniscule issue.
It keeps records so diligently.
It has become the 'policeman' of the world.
GOD bless the inventor.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by ishiamu(m): 6:48pm On Jan 20, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala are you on leave?

Mtchew
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by OnReflection: 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
playtheblues:
Propagandists at work.

Lying liars.

Metuh does not deny his presence at the scene of the "crime". grin

I DID NOT MOLEST STAFF OF BNA ABUJA – PDP VICE CHAIRMAN

Written by AKI BUORO

Wednesday, 16 March 2011

National Vice Chairman (South East) of the Peoples Democratic Party Chief Olisa Metuh has denied allegations in the media that he invaded his children former school and molested some staff of institution over the seizure of his son’s telephone handset.

Chief Metuh in a statement issued by his Special Assistant Mr. Emeka Onyia described as wicked and orchestrated campaign aimed at smearing his name and that of his cherished family.

Onyia explained that Chief Metuh with a legal background could not have in any material particular go to a school in which he was a pioneer registered Trustee to molest and assault the school’s teaching staff in company of his aides.

The statement further explained that the PDP National Vice Chairman did not and could not have embarked on such a venture that tend to cast an undeserved aspersions on his person and his family.

Chief Metuh, according to his Special Assistant had cause to withdraw his children from one of the best schools in Abuja and transferred them to the British Nigerian Academy sometimes ago but later for some personal reasons he does not intend to divulge to the public had to again withdraw them from the same school in December 2010.

According to “It should be noted that Chief Metuh's children were model students whilst they were at the School. In fact, his son was a class prefect whilst his daughter was the School's Prayer prefect. There are several eloquent testimonials from the School to confirm their excellence in behaviour and academics.”

Onyia noted that on the 19th of February 2011 Chief Metuh's son who was on his way back from his new School for mid-term break realized that it was also his former school’s (British Nigerian Academy) visiting day, decided to visit his cousins and friends in the School.

“It should be noted that in spite of the fact that Chief Metuh's son was in his new School's uniform, it still attracted the wrath of the British Nigerian School's staff who descended on the hapless child, seized his phone and started mocking him about his new School.

“All entreaties by Chief Metuh's wife to the School's staff to release the phone since the son was no longer a student of the school fell on deaf ears. In fact the insults were then extended to Chief Metuh's wife. It was at this point that Chief Metuh's attention was drawn to the matter.” Onyia enthused.

He further explained that Chief Metuh's immediate reaction was to call the proprietress of the School and lodged a complaint as well as seek her intervention in the matter but unfortunately after about 30 minutes the situation did not changed which made Chief Metuh to visit the School in the company of one of his aides.

The Special Assistant also said that upon arrival at the School, Chief Metuh approached the staff of the School by gently requesting for the release of his son's phone but the Vice Principal claimed that the phone was with the proprietress of the School adding that it was at that point that Chief Metuh pointedly told the Staff of the School that since his son was no longer a student of the school, the staff had no right to seize his telephone or that of any visitor who was legally within the premises on a visiting day.

“Chief Metuh argued that the best the School could have done was to return the phone and ask his son to leave the School's premises if he was not wanted there as a former student. Unfortunately the staff of the School remained adamant even in the face of superior logic.

“It was clear that the staff's posture was informed by the bitterness the School felt from the withdrawal of Chief Metuh's children from the School. Even at that the matter was eventually resolved and the phone was returned.

“At no point was anybody assaulted physically. It is only in the imagination of the sponsors of the attacks that someone was assaulted. Chief Metuh is a Lawyer of more than 20 years post call experience. He is a law abiding Citizen who has utmost respect for the law and law enforcement agencies,” Onyia enthused.

The Special Assistant to the PDP National Vice Chairman further debunked allegation that he turned down police invitation on the matter saying at no time was he invited by the Police adding that at anytime the Police invites him, he would be too willing to honour such invitation.

Onyia said; “It is instructive to note that this matter was never in the press domain until certain political events happened. It is clear that this matter has taken a political dimension.”

Source: http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1670&Itemid=1

The Special Assistant also said that upon arrival at the School, Chief Metuh approached the staff of the School by gently requesting for the release of his son's phone

^^^Really? Tell that to the fairies. angry angry angry
Gently? For which side?
I don't need a marabout to tell me that Olisa Metuh went in to exact a pound of flesh....

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by lecturerdabo(m): 7:31pm On Jan 20, 2016
philGeo:
Bros i want to learn from you.

Ok! Come to class with ur slate yesterdayyesterday grin grin
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by smsshola(m): 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2016
Ds is life....not fair.
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by babadem2much(m): 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2016
#KARMANEVERSLEEPS LIKE KEROSENE

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by kokoA(m): 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2016
I remember this story like the taste of my mama's egusi soup. I don't have an atom of pity for that Metu man.

2 Likes

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by AlPeter: 8:09pm On Jan 20, 2016
Asadike come and see you heroes ooooooo. The people you are screaming rule of law for...... Mynd44 FP fast

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2016
Mods, this should be on the Front Page please...
Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by gigabyte13: 9:30pm On Jan 20, 2016
gsport:
I fellows the story then,metuh u see ur life.ur trial will be like speed of light. Jail term await u maybe seven years

7 wetin? If l hear? Until his white beard turn black naturally without using dye. Wicked soul, so he knows what rule of law is? And he trample on another man's right.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by gigabyte13: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2016
shafanik:

You must be new in Nigeria.

are u surprised? By their fruit we shall know them. They are from the thieving region of the country. As long as money is involved, U ARE THERE DEAREST SONS/DAUGHTERS EVEN IF THERE ARE PROVES THAT YOU ARE A BAS**RD.

1 Like

Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by bjbukzy(m): 10:34pm On Jan 20, 2016
argh! m sure it is d fuccximg son dat was shouting "let me enter", dy should ve allowed him to enter and lock him up with awaiting trial inmates.

but ur father must b a tout(itu baba ita) for u to ve d gut that he should come to ur skool and fight the authority
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by asadike(f): 11:05pm On Jan 20, 2016
AlPeter:
Asadike come and see you heroes ooooooo. The people you are screaming rule of law for...... Mynd44 FP fast
No dey call me for dis kind thread, u no, i wont support evil. That said, can u now ask Buhari to free metuh for me
Re: Flashback: Olisa Metuh Beats School Principal, Drives Him Off In Car Boot by Babalegba(m): 11:21pm On Jan 20, 2016
This thread should be on the front page to remind Nigerians of the brevity and transience of power

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Tinubu At IBB's Daughter's Wedding / Controversial Allowance: Ayu Fails To Make PDP Account Public / Shocking Photo Of A 13 Year Old Jihadist Slaughtering A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.