Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? (20721 Views)

"10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / Please Who Has Bought A House From Lagos State HOMS? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by smoby(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2016
U dey fear ? No be ur mate dey buy president land ?
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by orijintv(m): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2016
D
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by sanbells(f): 9:22am On Jan 21, 2016
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Ayanko(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2016
Go to Lands and housing with your builder, they will show u the master plan from there u take decisions. If it falls to government land just beg the baale to get u another land.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by msimeon475(m): 9:23am On Jan 21, 2016
Carry ur land go an oder area go build leave government space.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Godson32(m): 9:25am On Jan 21, 2016
Tell the stupid baale to refund ur money or u call EFCC for him.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by mrspeaker: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2016
Your surveyor should be able to tell you which of the govt land? is it state or federal? From there you can go to alausa for proper clarity.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by marked10(m): 9:26am On Jan 21, 2016
aa
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by nigeriancuban: 9:27am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:
My surveryour recently told me that the land i bought belongs to the Government and that it falls under the allignment of the proposed Fourth Main land Bridge. I have not secured the Land and I am currently sckptical of doing something on it

I met the Baale who sold the Land for me and He told me that the Bridge has being realigned, I also read some news about the realignment to the Lekki Free trade Zone

https://www.naij.com/423550-lagos-moves-4th-mainland-bridge-to-new-site.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/why-4th-mainland-bridge-has-to-be-redesigned-by-lasg/

I absolutely think I can't get My money back and cannot sell it to someone else, What should I do?

Thanks

good for you! seek the right advice from the right bodies you won't, go to the town planning office you won't, call a legal lawyer to process your dealings you won't, and you come here creating a trend, I seriously pitty you if you build on that land...when I'm chanced I will upload some pics of what happen to a block headed person like you when fashola demolished buildings at new site,iba....

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by mumoftwo(f): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2016
Do you have a copy of the survey plan? Go to the survey office at Alausa to check with them first. they would chart it for you. It may truly have been re aligned. You can pm me so that i would give you the number of some persons who could be of help to you at the survey office.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by rita25(f): 9:29am On Jan 21, 2016
meet ambode at quilox tmrw nite and settle the matter jare

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by medlinelocum: 9:31am On Jan 21, 2016
Best option
Olusanya333:
Sell to another person

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:31am On Jan 21, 2016
Sell it.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by aniblue(m): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
Hehehe, thats what makes you a govt pikin.

OP, for the sake of your life, your love ones and family, please forget about that land for now, Look into the future. After all people lost their billions last week at nig stock exchange, some lost their vessels in ocean and some lost their cars and lives on high way etc
i know its painful but move on for your life's sake, remember high BP is real.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by kaziblake(f): 9:32am On Jan 21, 2016
Government land?
Write a petition to lagos state government telling them your predicament.That what my dad did then.
But those omo onile are thieves.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Kingbilo(m): 9:34am On Jan 21, 2016
Abi someone sold it for you? Go and report the person to appropriate authority

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by porshuch: 9:37am On Jan 21, 2016
Sell it out now.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by scachy(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2016
Capnd143:
I sincerely feel sorry for you man! You better jejelly go report yourself to EFCC if you want any sort of redress or soon EFFC is the one that is going to be coming after you, especially these days wey EFCC dey form FBI

Forming FBI indeed grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by olubenjazzy(m): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2016
tubouncen:
Bro, if u don't want to die young.... Forget the land and the money

grin
Some people with their kind of harsh comment sha!
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by awennie(f): 9:40am On Jan 21, 2016
you cannot proceed on the land. All you can do is to seek redress from the seller of the land. You will need to prove that you were not aware of the fact that it belongs to the government. Good luck.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by lonelydora: 9:40am On Jan 21, 2016
The Baale is am accomplice. Why didn't you demand the town planning map? And I know you bought it cheaper than what is being sold in that area.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by ishiamu(m): 9:45am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanlsta:
ur in deep sh1t bro... just go ahead and build ur damn thing. If Julius Berger or any 4king civil engineer later sings into ur ears that the Lagos state government instructed him with orders to do shitty bridge which cuts across that land, don't argue with 'em bro... I trust the nigerian government, they'll reward you beyond imagining. grin... Exactly what happens when you do buz with omo onile. They'll always find a way to cheat you. If you know was good for you, get ur f**king head off that land or you'll be fu*ked up the ass without lube.

Mynd44, lalasticlala seun. Rule 15 is broken here oo... is breaking rule 15 now allowed tell me so i'll join the band wagon

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by stagger: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2016
sanbells:
. I thought government is meant to compensate you if they're going to make use of your land? At least that's what they do here.

Government will compensate those who have C of O on land which is not committed land. If you buy committed land ab initio, your money is gone. All land must be investigated before purchase. I am sorry for the OP; th eBaale has jobbed him.

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by seunajia: 9:47am On Jan 21, 2016
bronzegoddess:
If someone could sell the Eiffel tower twice, I don't see why u won't be able to sell the land to someone else. Shebi na person sell am give u?

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by goryorhal(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2016
Abeg make you find any body wey dey work with govt and sell the land to him / her sharparly..
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:
My surveryour recently told me that the land i bought belongs to the Government and that it falls under the allignment of the proposed Fourth Main land Bridge. I have not secured the Land and I am currently sckptical of doing something on it

I met the Baale who sold the Land for me and He told me that the Bridge has being realigned, I also read some news about the realignment to the Lekki Free trade Zone

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/why-4th-mainland-bridge-has-to-be-redesigned-by-lasg/

I absolutely think I can't get My money back and cannot sell it to someone else, What should I do?

Thanks

Bro go and report to the government authority in charge of government property. they should be able to help you recover your money.... you can even decide to go to court.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by nenergy(m): 9:51am On Jan 21, 2016
OP asked for advice not insults. angry OP, try convince the Baale to give you another spot, even a lesser plot if possible.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by TeamSimple(m): 9:52am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks

O ti ra ile osa
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanlsta:
ur in deep sh1t bro... just go ahead and build ur damn thing. If Julius Berger or any 4king civil engineer later sings into ur ears that the Lagos state government instructed him with orders to do shitty bridge which cuts across that land, don't argue with 'em bro... I trust the nigerian government, they'll reward you beyond imagining. grin... Exactly what happens when you do buz with omo onile. They'll always find a way to cheat you. If you know was good for you, get ur f**king head off that land or you'll be fu*ked up the ass without lube.

cc: tonyebarcanista is this your account or an impostor? u dont write such vulgar words

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by kissval1388: 9:58am On Jan 21, 2016
guy, the way am looking at you now, in the next 5 years, efcc will be pursuing you the way they are looking for tompolo now.

just joking!!!

bro I will advice u to use army, navy air force, marine, police, civil defence custom immigration and emmigration, opc ipob militants boko haram and finally road safety to arrest the ass hole that sold DAT land to you before it become late.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.