Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,333 members, 7,839,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? (20723 Views)

"10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / Please Who Has Bought A House From Lagos State HOMS? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by incogni2o: 9:20pm On Jan 22, 2016
I used a lawyer, He didn't help me find out about it.

DedeNkem:

How could you be so stupid? You should have used a lawyer to purchase the land! If there was a problem with the land, the lawyer would found.

All my property purchases are handled by my lawyer. That way, everything is well scrutinized and verified before any purchase!

Be smart and consult a lawyer now before you lose your money!
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by DedeNkem: 5:20am On Jan 23, 2016
incogni2o:

A legitimate lawyer who knows what he/she is doing wouldn't make such inept mistake.

You must hold him responsible for any loss. Get a good lawyer to investigate.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by mart2k(m): 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2016
incogni2o:
I will sell it to you then!

say wetin happen. I dey look for mugu wey go buy my 4 plots sef. I buy govt land too
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2016
mart2k:
say wetin happen. I dey look for mugu wey go buy my 4 plots sef. I buy govt land too

What area is this?

Cc
Incogni2o
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 12, 2016
mart2k:

What area is this?

Cc
Incogni2o
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by danowena: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2016
incogni2o:

Your lawyer's ineptitude is unforgivable. Perhaps he/she is not a proper lawyer.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by JaySterling: 12:24pm On May 06
ruggedlaw:
I am a Lawyer. You can ask your surveyor to take the coordinates do a chat and find out the real status of the land. Some government lands can be ratified if they are not committed, but I doubt if this the case with yours. The fact that a land has a C of O does not mean it is free or ok, the only way to know the status of your land, especially in Lagos state, is to take a real surveyor to the land, let him take the coordinates and do a proper chat, N5-10k should do that for you. Please next time do not put the cart before the horse. My 15years experience in Lagos speaking. 08052736007, 08087789471-whatsApp
Are you still in business?
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by JaySterling: 12:35pm On May 06
theadvocatus:
Federal Government land or State Government? Whichever it is, make a formal application for grant of the land. if the proposed bridge is still in contemplation, you'll be denied and if it has been realigned and the land is now free from encumbrance, you'll be granted.

But don't place all hopes on it, that's why it is safer to contract a Lawyer to conduct inspection before encroaching or buying any land.

Thank you for this input
Can you do land verifications?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.