Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? (20720 Views)

"10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / Please Who Has Bought A House From Lagos State HOMS? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Brightology2(m): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2016
My thought thou
treshbanj:
Go arrest the seller dassol
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by ruggedlaw(m): 11:12am On Jan 21, 2016
I am a Lawyer. You can ask your surveyor to take the coordinates do a chat and find out the real status of the land. Some government lands can be ratified if they are not committed, but I doubt if this the case with yours. The fact that a land has a C of O does not mean it is free or ok, the only way to know the status of your land, especially in Lagos state, is to take a real surveyor to the land, let him take the coordinates and do a proper chat, N5-10k should do that for you. Please next time do not put the cart before the horse. My 15years experience in Lagos speaking. 08052736007, 08087789471-whatsApp
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by joduseq(m): 11:12am On Jan 21, 2016
kelvyn7:
sell it too cool
Confirm yan, sell it ASAP though any means, OLX etc
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by dapsylee(m): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2016
Talk to your surveyor if he could regularise the property for you... if he says yes... go and apply for a CofO immediately so that even if they may take your land eventually, you can get back some if not all your money!

All the best
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by obaiyan: 11:23am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:
My surveryour recently told me that the land i bought belongs to the Government and that it falls under the allignment of the proposed Fourth Main land Bridge. I have not secured the Land and I am currently sckptical of doing something on it

I met the Baale who sold the Land for me and He told me that the Bridge has being realigned, I also read some news about the realignment to the Lekki Free trade Zone

https://www.naij.com/423550-lagos-moves-4th-mainland-bridge-to-new-site.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/why-4th-mainland-bridge-has-to-be-redesigned-by-lasg/

I absolutely think I can't get My money back and cannot sell it to someone else, What should I do?

Thanks

what u ought to do first is what u are doing last
ooo, u want to suprise us.....
sorry u've entered one chance like many nigerian
go and save for another one
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jan 21, 2016
mumoftwo:
Do you have a copy of the survey plan? Go to the survey office at Alausa to check with them first. they would chart it for you. It may truly have been re aligned. You can pm me so that i would give you the number of some persons who could be of help to you at the survey office.
cc incogni2o
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2016
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by greggng: 11:40am On Jan 21, 2016
I don't advice people like this cos he ought to ve done due deligence before paying for that land. When I bought my land I paid to independent professionals to go sight the land at the ministry of works and housing lagos state. It cost me money but I ve my peace of mind. If I were you I will beg for atleast half of ur pay so that you can move on. If you starts fighting the baale he will use his yoruba juju and kill you.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by alaskido(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2016
See Gobe o. Old boy you don enter one chance. Try and see if you can sell back to some unsuspecting buyers. Do me I do you, God no go vex.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by ALIMINE(m): 11:54am On Jan 21, 2016
Sell it to the Government cool
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by omogidi234(m): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2016
Do your survey first. From there you can ascertain whether it is committed or under acquisition. Please don't because of 10% that you will pay to lawyers & Estate Surveyors lose so much money. Forget that you are educated, when you need to buy land in Lagos, try and involve the aforementioned people. It saves you some hassles. I wish you all the best on this.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by mart2k(m): 12:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:
My surveryour recently told me that the land i bought belongs to the Government and that it falls under the allignment of the proposed Fourth Main land Bridge. I have not secured the Land and I am currently sckptical of doing something on it

I met the Baale who sold the Land for me and He told me that the Bridge has being realigned, I also read some news about the realignment to the Lekki Free trade Zone

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/why-4th-mainland-bridge-has-to-be-redesigned-by-lasg/

I absolutely think I can't get My money back and cannot sell it to someone else, What should I do?

Thanks

Govt land is govt land whether they realligned it or not. Just pray u get a buyer if not, ur money don go b dat. Dnt try to build on it o because it is a matter of time b4 govt wl com for it.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by theadvocatus(m): 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Federal Government land or State Government? Whichever it is, make a formal application for grant of the land. if the proposed bridge is still in contemplation, you'll be denied and if it has been realigned and the land is now free from encumbrance, you'll be granted.

But don't place all hopes on it, that's why it is safer to contract a Lawyer to conduct inspection before encroaching or buying any land.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by slimgeez: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
Sell it immediately
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by xolomite(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
Forget doing any thing on it..... Just go get another one to avoid yelling and crying in the future.......
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Stephenben(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2016
Didnt u hear dat d land belongs 2 d govt, hw will he ask d govt 2 pay 4 deir own property.. Its d scandalous baale he should b afta

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by EbiJUNIRO(m): 1:45pm On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks

Take the matter to court bar it's too late
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
sanbells:
. I thought government is meant to compensate you if they're going to make use of your land? At least that's what they do here.

Where is here? Not the USA for sure.

The law of eminent domain doesn't apply here. He didn't own the land, the government does.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
mart2k:
Govt land is govt land whether they realligned it or not. Just pray u get a buyer if not, ur money don go b dat. Dnt try to build on it o because it is a matter of time b4 govt wl com for it.

How can you in good faith and with the compass of the country on corruption recommend that he sells this fraudulent real estate to someone else?
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by shogotermies(m): 1:58pm On Jan 21, 2016
my brother do you know , efritin.com , jiji.com, kaymu.com, .... you know what they say #sellit. sell the land....
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by SURElee(f): 2:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
Capnd143:
I sincerely feel sorry for you man! You better jejelly go report yourself to EFCC if you want any sort of redress or soon EFFC is the one that is going to be coming after you, especially these days wey EFCC dey form FBI

My God! Guy I don laff burst my intestines. You're s funny. Kai!
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by oluwazino(m): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
Sue the government for not putting this land is not for sale beware of 419.... Sorry bro
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by mart2k(m): 4:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
EgunMogaji:

How can you in good faith and with the compass of the country on corruption recommend that he sells this fraudulent real estate to someone else?
He ws scamed into buying it so, he sgld find a buyer too. No apology, dis is naija
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by HoLEEsinner: 5:51pm On Jan 21, 2016
Would advise you go to ministry of lands and survey for charting report to know the status of the land, the aquistion may be ratified and if not it's actually a lesson, always find out about the status of the land before paying omo oni le.

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by silversonuc(m): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
sanbells:
. I thought government is meant to compensate you if they're going to make use of your land? At least that's what they do here.
plz do u live in Nigeria?, i mean nigeria nt niger republic

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by sabi159(m): 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2016
One chance na em u enter so o
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by incogni2o: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks

I really appreciate all you who have given me good advices in one way or another, Most especially,Thanks to lawyer(08077943514 or 07036681104|info@omonilelawyer.com|http://www.omonilelawyer.com) for his advice, I have being told that, truely government has realigned the Fourthmainland Bridge, But I have to so some processing to make sure Government Approves of the building, But meanwhile, I can continue Plans on the Land.

Thanks very much once again for all comments(The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)

2 Likes

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by incogni2o: 11:13pm On Jan 21, 2016
Sue the Government?

Will you sponsor it?

oluwazino:
Sue the government for not putting this land is not for sale beware of 419.... Sorry bro
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by incogni2o: 11:14pm On Jan 21, 2016
I will sell it to you then!

mart2k:

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Ayt27(m): 11:27pm On Jan 21, 2016
bronzegoddess:
If someone could sell the Eiffel tower twice, I don't see why u won't be able to sell the land to someone else. Shebi na person sell am give u?

Oh! You know about the Eiffel tower thing....lol
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by DedeNkem: 5:02am On Jan 22, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks

How could you be so st*upid? You should have used a lawyer to purchase the land! If there was a problem with the land, the lawyer would found.

All my property purchases are handled by my lawyer. That way, everything is well scrutinized and verified before any purchase!

Be smart and consult a lawyer now before you lose your money!
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by oluwazino(m): 7:08am On Jan 22, 2016
incogni2o:
Sue the Government?

Will you sponsor it?

if you need a lawyer then call me, we go in for you free what are we NL for

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.