Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,348 members, 7,839,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? (20726 Views)

"10 Years After Leaving Home, I Bought A House" - Ghanaian Lady / Esther Folarin: "I Bought A House In Canada" - Nigerian Lady Reveals How / Please Who Has Bought A House From Lagos State HOMS? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by abeniagbon(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2016
The OP Should send me private message. So I can advise him on what to do when situation comes to this end.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by kokumo1949: 9:59am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:
My surveryour recently told me that the land i bought belongs to the Government and that it falls under the allignment of the proposed Fourth Main land Bridge. I have not secured the Land and I am currently sckptical of doing something on it

I met the Baale who sold the Land for me and He told me that the Bridge has being realigned, I also read some news about the realignment to the Lekki Free trade Zone

https://www.naij.com/423550-lagos-moves-4th-mainland-bridge-to-new-site.html

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/why-4th-mainland-bridge-has-to-be-redesigned-by-lasg/

I absolutely think I can't get My money back and cannot sell it to someone else, What should I do?

Thanks

Please go to surveyor general office at alausa for final charting of your land on survey to confirm the re alignment.

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by lawyer(m): 10:01am On Jan 21, 2016
Go to www.omonilelawyer.com and find solutions to it or call me to advise you properly. I deal with stuffs like this everyday.

Cheers
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by LoveJesus87(m): 10:06am On Jan 21, 2016
praxisnetworks:
grin
Go ahead to build.... Since you didn't see the town planning office there before payment....

Op you are playing telemundo with your cardiac health.

In times like these..... Lalasticlala is never around
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha dis guy u no go kill sum1
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by JAYWORLD(m): 10:08am On Jan 21, 2016
Before you acquire a land you must do proper investigation in Ministry of land because all land belongs to the Governor according to Land use act of 1978. You can quickly go to Lagos Lands Department to know the status of the said land.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:08am On Jan 21, 2016
irunooboo:

cc: tonyebarcanista is this your account or an impostor? u dont write such vulgar words
that's an impostor. Lemme report to Moderators.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by bronzegoddess(f): 10:10am On Jan 21, 2016
[quote author=seunajia post=42181942][/quote]
Lol.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

better act fast before he spoil ur reputation grin
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Intendy: 10:11am On Jan 21, 2016
Run go tell EFCC
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by odedipapa(m): 10:12am On Jan 21, 2016
OP, I'm so sorry about that but I doubt if there's anything you can do. U could have taken your surveyor there before u made the payment.
Next time, before u pay to acquire a landed property, go there with your surveyor or get a compass to know the coordinates and chart. That will make u know if its an acquisition or not and also the type of acquisition.

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by OlujobaSamuel: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2016
use it for farming, if you do, government have no choice but to compensate you, but don't go for c of o if you are using it for such. You can just get a right of occupancy from the lga.
use it.for commercial purpose that will yield immediate returns, eg; event ground or car park. it will give you your cash back, you can process the c of o if you are doing this.
if you are able to get it, fine, compensation awaits you, if you can't, just continue to occupy it illegally for your car park or event ground business pending when government will send you packing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Bizzyliss(m): 10:14am On Jan 21, 2016
Aw much will u sell it to me ;DAw much will u sell it to me
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Praktikals(m): 10:17am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:
My surveryour recently told me that the land i bought belongs to the Government and that it falls under the allignment of the proposed Fourth Main land Bridge. I have not secured the Land and I am currently sckptical of doing something on it

I met the Baale who sold the Land for me and He told me that the Bridge has being realigned, I also read some news about the realignment to the Lekki Free trade Zone

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/why-4th-mainland-bridge-has-to-be-redesigned-by-lasg/

I absolutely think I can't get My money back and cannot sell it to someone else, What should I do?

Thanks

Carry Soldiers go meet the baga cool
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by grandstar(m): 10:19am On Jan 21, 2016
incogni2o:

Thanks

best you just forget and move on. Alternatively perhaps get the police involved or sue.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Etizz: 10:23am On Jan 21, 2016
I will advise you get all the papers done including the C of O.

Then when government comes for demolition or repossession of the land, you can be compensated.....
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:25am On Jan 21, 2016
irunooboo:

better act fast before he spoil ur reputation grin
I no know wetin I do o. Abeg make you mention me when next you see similar clone help alert me. Thanks
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Praktikals(m): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2016
grandstar:

best you just forget and move on. Alternatively perhaps get the police involved or sue.
You want police to open office for the man's head abi grin
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by ajaniogun14: 10:29am On Jan 21, 2016
sanbells:
. I thought government is meant to compensate you if they're going to make use of your land? At least that's what they do here.

Govt will pay compensation if Ʊ have already acquired the CoOccupancy. His purchase was inchoate, if he has Maga and boldness, let him re-sell. If not, forget it and relocate to ibafo
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

I no know wetin I do o. Abeg make you mention me when next you see similar clone help alert me. Thanks

no P
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Goridoe(m): 10:40am On Jan 21, 2016
bronzegoddess:
If someone could sell the Eiffel tower twice, I don't see why u won't be able to sell the land to someone else. Shebi na person sell am give u?

lol dat sharp Victor grin
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by yunnyp(m): 10:42am On Jan 21, 2016
what did you mean by " i absolutely think I can't get My money back" unless you don't wana gat your MONEY back...

find a competent Lawyer and he will do the necessary things...
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by xtervaganza(m): 10:45am On Jan 21, 2016
sanbells:
. I thought government is meant to compensate you if they're going to make use of your land? At least that's what they do here.
he bought a land that already belonged to the govt. Will you compensate someone who puts a structure on your land?

1 Like

Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by xtervaganza(m): 10:46am On Jan 21, 2016
I know it's wrong but you can still sell the land.

I can hook you up but that'd if your religion or morals is nit against selling a land that will probably make the buyer weep in the future
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by jojoki: 10:53am On Jan 21, 2016
This what happened when you put the cart b4 the horse. You ought to have done investigation b4 making payment for the said land. Start using it for farming to recover part of your money back. Sorry Bro!
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2016
I think you should goto alausa and see what they'll say,they probably may want you to buy off the goverment if the bridge has been shifted.

And for the seller see if you can get yr money back,don't be afraid of them,they can't do more than a dead rat.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by Yomboy4ever(m): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2016
augster:
Sorry bro! Build a public toilet with the land

Nice idea don't think he will be able to get his money back from omo onile. So next tym chat well before. Buy ur land and Build a temporary public toilet on it and starts collecting small money. If govt pple come run for ur life and live d trash for lawma.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by DONFASZY(m): 10:59am On Jan 21, 2016
press for refunds bt am nt sure u get it back

best ways....is to buy a container on d land or build very small office n make blocks and sell....sell also building materials....once d deal day comes....jus take ur container away frm dere by den...u ve made lots of moni n u will nt even lost ur container to destructions....
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by mayorwesley: 11:04am On Jan 21, 2016
ajaniogun14:

Govt will pay compensation if Ʊ have already acquired the CoOccupancy. His purchase was inchoate, if he has Maga and boldness, let him re-sell. If not, forget it and relocate to ibafo
Please i will like to know if there r government acquisition area around Ibafo, becos i wanna buy a land around there. Ur advices is needed cos u may just be saving a nigga.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by engineerboat(m): 11:06am On Jan 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

@Comrade TonyeBacranista, a theaf, impersonator by name TonyeBarcanIsta (register on january 16, 2016). is running mouth about on this forum. the question now is, what is the Mod doing about this parodying individuals, or they will just sit down dey look ni.

Well Alert!, Alert!!, Alert !!!.

a wanted criminal is here on nairaland going by name TonyeBarcanIsta, is going about, please be careful, he's a thief, Yes He is a THIEF
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by jeremioluwaseyi: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2016
bronzegoddess:
If someone could sell the Eiffel tower twice, I don't see why u won't be able to sell the land to someone else. Shebi na person sell am give u?
Abi o, OP should erase that "I can't sell it to someone else" mentality and start thinking of how to sell it ASAP.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:08am On Jan 21, 2016
engineerboat:

@Comrade TonyeBacranista, a theaf, impersonator by name TonyeBarcanIsta (register on january 16, 2016). is running mouth about on this forum. the question now is, what is the Mod doing about this parodying individuals, or they will just sit down dey look ni.

Well Alert!, Alert!!, Alert !!!.

a wanted criminal is here on nairaland going by name TonyeBarcanIsta, is going about, please be careful, he's a thief, Yes He is a THIEF
No mind those shameless people. I hope the Mod will do the needful.
Re: I Just Realised I Bought A Goverment Land, What Should I Do? by bronzegoddess(f): 11:11am On Jan 21, 2016
jeremioluwaseyi:
Abi o, OP should erase that "I can't sell it to someone else" mentality and start thinking of how to sell it ASAP.

Somewhere in d op's mind, he's secretly and silently hoping govt wld give him 2million dollars for d land. He shld dey dere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Avoid Being Scammed, I'm About To Buy A House / ANOTHER REASON TO INVEST IN IBEJU LEKKI / Container Loaded Trailer Catches Fire On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.