Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister (34372 Views)

Nigerian Begs Richard Quest For $500 (Photo) / Richard Quest Defends Lai Mohammed's Jollof Rice Comment (pic) / Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:38am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

no need to throw tantrums. just counter my arguments intelligently.

in case you don't know, she IS the cause of our current economic crisis. she and her hat wearing boss.
receive sense. So she made oil $28. Thought your god said he will stabilize oil price and make N1=1$.... Scammers

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 22, 2016
grandstar:
155 to 230 is a loss of 75 within 4yrs.

In 8months under this administration, it has moved from 230 to 300 which is 70.

It never reached 230. It wad 220 st worst

yeah you forgot to factor in crude oil prices of both periods. do that bro. don't forget that crude oil is our main if not only export that sustains this nation.

oh by the way, it did reach #230 and I know this for a fact.

besides if she was that good should we have sustained such loss?
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2016
sinistermind:
Whether una like am or not, she's the Best. It's only the likes of Soludo n Oby Ezekwesili that can be compared with her. If you don't like it kindly slit your wrist.

My Happiness z dat all three are proudly 5%. So any of dem can make us proud. As it stand for d first time I am fast forgeting d name of our current finance minister.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Billygee2u: 8:41am On Jan 22, 2016
hush15:

Look, frankly speaking, am part of the many Nigerians who believe she was and is still the best finance Minister naija ever had yet.

Why? That's because she had the affluence and intelligence to counter the challenges of our financial management issues in Nigerian. If when she left, and everything is as it is today under Buhari, it's not because those problems weren't they but she contained the problems without blaming, blaming and blaming who and whatever. There was even surplus to share around by Dansuki, going by what this government is saying.

Rather than this government should work on generating funds to run their own government, they depending on the last administration, blaming and maiming. Thinking the wealth of the nation is based on the number of crude they sold. This even show further incompetence for them to depend on last administration whether there was surplus or excess. We have leaders in other part of the world take nations that are down to even a break even point, not to mention attain a global world status.
The best the present government can think now is to rob their own citizen through double taxation to fund the luxuries. No problem, if anybody is seeking financial assistance and I can render, the person should come to my place and collect but paying into account and they will charge me, forget it.... lol

My point is, Okonjo Iweala contributed to Nigerian economy greatly, truth be told amidst the prevailing challenges of that time compared to what we have now. Her affluence and insight helped and that still speaks for her outside government, if not it would not be so.

Hate her or like her, she is the best naija ever had yet.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by ddeola: 8:42am On Jan 22, 2016
RUBBISH ! She ruined the economy !
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

yeah you forgot to factor in crude oil prices of both periods. do that bro. don't forget that crude oil is our main if not only export that sustains this nation.

oh by the way, it did reach #230 and I know this for a fact.

besides if she was that good should we have sustained such loss?
if na we talk am una go say na wailer. The obvious was restated by Quest/CNN... It is simply the truth...
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by BabaO2: 8:43am On Jan 22, 2016
Richard Quest is questionable character reporter. He used to be a drug addict. It is cheap and easy to be paid few thousand dollars with a dinner with Iweala to make him cringe.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
receive sense. So she made oil $28. Thought your god said he will stabilize oil price and make N1=1$.... Scammers

#sigh. so many babies here.

did she make crude oil $28? No.

when crude oil was $120 what did she do with it?

please if you don't have anything intelligent to say you guys should stop quoting me please.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:44am On Jan 22, 2016
ddeola:
RUBBISH ! She ruined the economy !
and it became the largest growing in Africa under her. No go kill yourself for nothing o. Seeing your moniker, I am not surprised

2 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 22, 2016
dmostcheerful:
time to wail....
oya zombies food don land.
There's something funny about your looks cheesy
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by HaneefahRN(f): 8:45am On Jan 22, 2016
Yh yh, ironically.
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

#sigh. so many babies here.

did she make crude oil $28? No.

when crude oil was $120 what did she do with it?

please if you don't have anything intelligent to say you guys should stop quoting me please.
taaaaaa stop displaying your ignorance here. When she was shouting let's save save save, is it not your gods like Amaechi and Fashola that said share the money. Oya go into the childrens room. Do it now!

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:47am On Jan 22, 2016
BabaO2:
Richard Quest is questionable character reporter. He used to be a drug addict. It is cheap and easy to be paid few thousand dollars with a dinner with Iweala to make him cringe.
for saying the truth, he is now a drug addidct... Lmao.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by edorhe14(m): 8:48am On Jan 22, 2016
It's a fact. That's one of the best decision Gej made that made his administration a success..
And also making her the coordinating minister of the Economy in his time.
Baba Saï Should forget party affiliation and follow suit Nigeria come first.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
if na we talk am una go say na wailer. The obvious was restated by Quest/CNN... It is simply the truth...

and CNN always says the truth right? because they are white?

do you know that CNN portrays Africa as a continent riddled with disease, poverty and wars and nothing good happens in Africa?

I guess you didn't know that.

so if CNN tells the world that Nigerians are all well fed you will believe even though your stomach is rumbling with chronic hunger?

you need to lose that white-is-superior mentality.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:52am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

and CNN always says the truth right? because they are white?

do you know that CNN portrays Africa as a continent riddled with disease, poverty and wars and nothing good happens in Africa?

I guess you didn't know that.

so if CNN tells the world that Nigerians are all well fed you will believe even though your stomach is rumbling with chronic hunger?

you need to lose that white-is-superior mentality.
don't come with that your white is superior cunning way of reasoning. It has nothing to do with the subject been discussed here. CNN is a global and renowned organization and there is nothing you can do about that. I am sure if they had mentioned Buhari as the best president, you won't be saying this. Hypocrite! We know your type.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by lekwas: 8:54am On Jan 22, 2016
Richard Quest must be a GOAT for making that assertion. Is it because NOI was a scion of the international financial cult that he is saying that or is it on the basis of her performance as a minister of finance?

The west should keep away from our affairs. We as a people have come of age and should be able to decide how we want to run our affairs. If we fail, allow us to learn from our mistakes and decide on the path that resonates with our collextive aspirations.

We do not have to follow their blue print for development because it is forever laced with wrong motives and intention to exploit.

shopisky:
"Ngozi Okonjo- Iweala was the best Finance Minister Nigeria ever had" -- Richard Quest CNN. Richard Quest made this statement after an interview yesternight on Economy of Oil producing countries.
Do you believe him?

https://mobile.twitter.com/alexadoh/status/690091846702350336

https://mobile.twitter.com/NOIweala/status/690122592246747138

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by codedslayer: 8:55am On Jan 22, 2016
EternalTruths:

You see why some of you fail exams

Did I wish any NL member harm.? No

Did I wish the tribe of any NL member harm.? No

Just point out the word that breaks the rule.

You broke rule 2 by calling me an oaf

If the mod bans you for it, you start complaining

Illiteracy is truly a disease. You have been denigrating other tribe freely while the mod ban those that reply you. You call others ewedu and cattle tribe but they ban anyone that dare say Akpu eating tribe.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by mekaboy(m): 8:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

while I agree that the budget can still take more cuts to it yet I want you to understand that comparing Jonathan's budget and this budget is counter productive because most of you hardly take into consideration the fact that the naira has dropped significantly against the dollar.

the budget has not even been presented yet (I learnt the president has withdrawn it officially for amendment), yet you want to judge its performance to one that has already been executed and failed in all ramifications.

why don't you guys wait and let's see the implementation before we condemn it.

The controversy surrounding the budget even shows lack of professionalism on the part of the current finance minister, budget and plannig and president .

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by omokab: 8:56am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

actually only a low IQ person will be bambozzled by the supposed facts and figures which we all know were written by some yeye analyst in an office in New York, who probably doesn't even know where Nigeria is on the world map.

if she did so well why are there more Nigerian youths unemployed than ever before, so much so that even tanoids and wailers are waiting anxiously for Baba's promise of #5,000 for their jobless ass*?

if she did so well, why are we uncovering monumental corruption in almost every sector of our economy which she obviously mismanaged?

if she did so well where is the money she saved from selling crude oil at $120/barrel for years?

giving express or tacit support for evil is the same as sharing in the evil and its consequences.
please don't mind yeye tanoid,they have seen a backup for their minister ever produce by them. They instantly forgot that,the same woman said Nigeria should be expecting austerity measure before she left as a minister. The same best finiance minister that almost all Nigeria money vanished from the treasury under her watch is been referred to as the best minister. How much her regime met exchange rate of dollar to naira before she got appointment as a finance Minister? How many jobs she was able to create despite the fact that crude oil is sold at 120 dollar per barrel at the international mkt? The revenue generated agencies,how much were they able to remit. to the treasury of federal govt? Etc. Comparing Kemi Adeosun that just started work for about three month to okonjo iweala is a big mistake from tanoid or pdp whatsoever. Let her for a year or two before she can be criticized.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
taaaaaa stop displaying your ignorance here. When she was shouting let's save save save, is it not your gods like Amaechi and Fashola that said share the money. Oya go into the childrens room. Do it now!

won't be replying you again. come back in 50 years time when you have grown a brain.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by aprokomania(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2016
TRUTHTOPOWER:
I don't expect a better assessment from colonial racists. anyone doing their colonial bidding was good. So was Mobutu Seseseko!
so Richard Quest colonised Nigeria?
your stup.idity is phenomenal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by martineverest(m): 8:58am On Jan 22, 2016
gunuvi:
Yes, but it takes a high IQ person to understand. She tried her best and we can only compare her with the present minister after the later tenure but for now the present minister seems completely confused and clueless. May God help her.
sorry bro, your IQ is the lowest Av ever seen in nairaland...so u didn't realize that she was sent from IMF/world bank to destroy our economy.

) she started with 2012 subsidy removal, which later backfired. She came back with new strategy, which later worked.

1)She started with rebasing of the economy to give us hope that the economy is booming.
2) as soon as the oil price started falling, she devalued the naira, so as to kill the economy further
3) she then encouraged 'dollarization' of politics aka ' dollar reign' to further bury the economy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 8:59am On Jan 22, 2016
lekwas:
Richard Quest must be a GOAT for making that assertion. Is it because NOI was a scion of the international financial cult that he is saying that or is it on the basis of her performance as a minister of finance?

The west should keep away from our affairs. We as a people have come of age and should be able to decide how we want to run our affairs. If we fail, allow us to learn from our mistakes and decide on the path that resonates with our collextive aspirations.

We do not have to follow their blue print for development because it is forever laced with wrong motives and intention to exploit.

hahahahahahahahaha... Same west that PMB went to just after he was sworn in and all of you were shouting that he is putting Nigeria on the global radar. Now they say the obvious about NOI and our economy, they have become exploiters. Human beings are funny!!! CNN has spoken the truth. The current Minister is also helping NOI's profile with her been clueless on what to even do about the ailing economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 9:01am On Jan 22, 2016
martineverest:
sorry bro, your IQ is the lowest Av ever seen in nairaland...so u didn't realize that she was sent from IMF/world bank to destroy our economy.

) she started with 2012 subsidy removal, which later backfired. She came back with new strategy, which later worked.

1)She started with rebasing of the economy to give us hope that the economy is booming.
2) as soon as the oil price started falling, she devalued the naira, so as to kill the economy further.
like you forgot to take your drugs last night. Is it not PMB that has removed subsidy? Gosh!!!

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by seangy4konji: 9:02am On Jan 22, 2016
Last time checked quest is not a Nigerian so I don't expect him to know anything.

3 Likes

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 9:03am On Jan 22, 2016
Ioannes:

won't be replying you again. come back in 50 years time when you have grown a brain.
eiya.. I wish you had something else to say. You can hide under the uploaded pix and run away. Nothing meaningful to say again
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 22, 2016
mekaboy:

The controversy surrounding the budget even shows lack of professionalism on the part of the current finance minister, budget and plannig and president .

trying to place the blame at the feet of the finance minister just because she is Yoruba is just sad.

there is the office of budget planning. the blame for outrageous sum rests squarely on their shoulders. they are expected to do their jobs professionally advising Mr. president appropriately in line with his frugal policies.

the person who advised mr president to sneak in another adjusted budget without officially withdrawing the first in the way it was done ought to be sacked.

and I don't mind Mr president picking up the yabs and jabs coming to him. the buck stops at his desk. he should take responsibility for these things. and I am happy that he did recently when he owned up to the fact he made a mistake the way the budget was handled.

so there.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by martineverest(m): 9:07am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
like you forgot to take your drugs last night. Is it not PMB that has removed subsidy? Gosh!!!
yaba left customer. When gej removed subsidy, petrol was #130. Who would have been able to afford that, compared to Buhari's #87

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by AnanseK(m): 9:08am On Jan 22, 2016
What do you expect when a Bretton Woods mole came in to serve imperialists interests and left the country drained and impoverished?

And the Disney Land Puppet Miss Piggy is so quick to acknowledge and accept credit for the hatchet job.

1 Like

Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by BabaO2: 9:11am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboy756:
for saying the truth, he is now a drug addidct... Lmao.
CNN reporter in sex, rope and drug scandal
Email
Printer friendly version
Normal font
Large font
April 21, 2008 - 8:40AM
Caught out ... CNN reporter Richard Quest.
Caught out ... CNN reporter Richard Quest.
Photo: Getty Images
A well-known CNN reporter has been arrested in New York's Central Park with drugs in his pocket, a rope around his neck that was tied to his genitals, and a intimacy gadget inside his boot.

Richard Quest - who is known for his boisterous and quirky style - was arrested at 3.40am on Friday, almost three hours after the park's 1am closing time.

He was initially arrested for loitering, the New York Post said. However, a search by police uncovered the oddly configured rope, a intimacy gadget inside Quest's boot, and a small bag of methamphetamine in his left jacket pocket, the Post said.

It wasn't immediately clear what the rope was for, the paper said.

Quest, 46, confirmed the contents of the bag by saying, "I've got some meth in my pocket". He later agreed to six months of drug counselling in exchange for the charges being dropped, provided the therapy was successful.

According to the CNN website, Quest, "is one of the most instantly recognisable members of the CNN team".

The British reporter is described as an expert on business travel issues, and his regular programs include CNN Business Traveller, as well as his own hour-long feature program, Quest.
https://www.google.com.ng/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=KuOhVqOvIcfS8Afy-q_QBQ#safe=off&q=drug+case+against+richard+quest
Re: Richard Quest: Okonjo-Iweala Was Nigeria's Best Finance Minister by naijaboy756: 9:13am On Jan 22, 2016
martineverest:
yaba left customer. When gej removed subsidy, petrol was #130. Who would have been able to afford that, compared to Buhari's #87
yaba Landlord... 87 only in Abuja and Lagos. And let me ask, now oil is $29/ barrel, why is a litre not N35 since saint APC is in power?.. Gerrahia mehn!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tree Falls On Emeka Beke's Car On His Way To Work In Port Harcourt. Photos / Obasanjo Receives The Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Atuwatse (Photos) / What Obasanjo Really Tore Up - Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.